[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BOYS! Advice desperately needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: end it merchant.jpg (83KB, 685x615px) Image search: [Google]
end it merchant.jpg
83KB, 685x615px
18 year old graduated from school in australia.
I need to get into a trade as soon as possible. What should my approach be?
How much should i expect to make?
Is it worth getting a pre apprenticeship?

Please help.
>>
>>1029770
Dads a plumbing business owner

His employees make enough to buy beachfront apartments (not great apartments obviously) and feed a family of 5.

I have no idea about specific cash, but, there is potential to buy in to the business and become a manager type guy that earns nicely.

Also, if trades arent your thing and you kinda just fucked up high school, you can do TAFE courses, get a certain GPA or above and transfer to university. For example, i have a friend that did accounting, got a 2.7 GPA and transfered to macquarie university, also, I have a friend that joined the army and I think he did TAFE certs in training so he can transfer to UNSW engineering, literally takes him 1 year longer than your typical engineering graduate.

Felt like this might be useful, plenty of options. Dont give up dude
>>
>>1029774
Thanks bro.

All the men i know that own self made trade businesses are all minted.

It's just being one of their apprentices that i'm concerned about as i don't want to face potential unemployment with no qualifications 2 years in, especially after working for peanuts

I wont give up but i'm on the edge about my future all the time. Truly a horrid fate to be IQ deficient but determined for success
>>
>apprenticeship in plumbing
>300$/hr starting
>any contract I want
>>
>>1029785
Do you know anything about refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics? i've been presented with an opportunity

Did you enjoy your trade years? any tips?
>>
>>1029789
mate you need to cool it with the constant refrigeration mechanic shitposting

Do your own fucking research instead of asking the retards that post on this wretched website

You definitely belong in the trades.
>>
>>1029783
being a tradie business owner is a great way to make money (however, you will have to deal with emergency calls from your dumb plumbers at night and on the weekends)

One of my friends dropped out. He's dumb, he doesnt even attend TAFE anymore, he just goes the bare minimum to still graduate. He got an apprenticeship and he works there a few days a week. I'm sure if u actually go to class and get good grades (idk how TAFE works if its pass/fail or actual grades) then you can land yourself an apprenticeship.

What ATAR did you get?If it is shit, you should use it as motivation to study hard and make dough in the future regardless if you do the tradie thing or if you do the TAFE transfer to uni thing.
>>
>>1029794
it's my first post about the topic
>>
>>1029821
Don't you fucking lie to me
>>
>>1029822
Legit, i just need advice and the refrig mechanics is an opportunity that's come up
>>
>>1029822
You made my morning
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.