[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worthwhile to take Economics classes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 222643994.png (587KB, 498x691px) Image search: [Google]
222643994.png
587KB, 498x691px
Is it worthwhile to take Economics classes?
>>
>>1029089
No you can get a free PDF version economics textbook through google
>>
>>1029089
What kind of question is that?

Why do you people keep coming here and posting this shit?

Someone who likes/had good experience it will say "Yes take economics classes". Someone who didn't will say "No do not take them ,waste of time".

That's literally how it is for every topic, for investment banking, for accounting at big 4, for Trades work, for daytrading, for programming, etc.
>>
>>1029095
i think most of the people here are underage
>>
>>1029090
>No you can get a free PDF version economics textbook through google

You can get a free PDF version of every single semi-popular textbook...

>>1029102
Probably. I just don't get what kind of answers these OPs imagine.

It's like the b8 threads of: "x is y. Prove me wrong, protip: you can't" but it doesn't seem like b8
>>
if you are in college and it goes toward your degree sure. Macro economics is bullshit past the first 3 chapters though.
>>
No. The awful truth is that experts in economics often hardly know more than laymen do. Also, just like you and me, they don't have a crystal ball to look into the future with. In fact, this is one of their big flaws, as a lot of economists have deluded themselves into thinking that their theories give them superhuman insight, which is usually bullshit.

If you don't believe me, look up Long Term Capital Management
>>
>>1029384
>LTCM
B-b-b-but muh Nobels. Muh Greeks and derivatives. Muh trader prestige.
>>
>>1029366
>macro economics is bullshit past the first 3 chapters

You literally have no idea what your talking about .
>>
>>1029384
The takeaway that I've gotten from my economics classes is that it's less about being able to predict, and the fact that you CAN'T predict the future, and that it's more about being able to recognize when you take a loss, and how to avoid it, using tools like cost benefit analysis to figure out the right course of action.
But that's just me.
>>
You're better off learning economics from studying the real world economy phenomena and perhaps some theory that is highly applicable. I'm self taught and have learned more economics from just keeping up to date every day with the global economy than to learn how to calculate the GDP of a country. Just learning theory on top of theory isn't going to bring you anywhere, you've got to be smart enough to apply thoughts, not academic. Unless you work for government then yes take economics classes, however IT'S NOT ECONOMICS. Economics is a philosophy, to make people understand phenomena in the economy, by explaining through facts and predictions.
Trust me.
>>
Look up the Austrian school of economics OP. It's shunned upon by other economists but when you study it you will slowly realize how full of shit mainstream neoclassical economics actually is.
>>
>>1031869
t. Unemployed NEET
>>
>>1031869
>Economics is a philosophy, to make people understand phenomena in the economy, by explaining through facts and predictions.

This

source: economics grad
>>
As somebody who studied math and econ at a state college, I was jaded that our econ courses never required calc 1. I hated how every time they needed to explain marginal something in my upper division econ classes, they would spend an hour explaining some roundabout way to take the derivative involving secant line approximations and trying to explain what a derivative is without using any calc terms.

2/3 of the class was confused as hell and 1/3 was falling asleep because the whole hour long lecture (received in multiple upper division classes) could be broken down into one sentence to somebody who took calc 1. That is, "just take the derivative".

Tl;Dr: don't study econ unless your school requires calc of its undergrad.
>>
>>1031877
Shut the fuck up faggot, you must be proud of your economcis degree or something.
You don't need a fucking degree for economics. Also I studied something that gives you a real skill instead of a shit worthless degree that teaches you nothing applicable. On the side of your regular job you could have economics as a hobby. Unless you want to become an economics teacher or work in the government in which case I'd say, kill yourself because teachers are just lazy fucks that can't produce some real value to the world so they teach useless crap and a government job is a fucking dead end, good luck in life to those faggots.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.