[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello everyone. Lately, i have considered creating webpage and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: xl_iStock_000015908498Small.jpg (20KB, 660x439px) Image search: [Google]
xl_iStock_000015908498Small.jpg
20KB, 660x439px
Hello everyone.

Lately, i have considered creating webpage and making money out of it. As a university student, i have some serious issues about financing the expenses and my only source is family. I need $300 extra income every month.

My first idea was making up a website like ororo.tv. For those who doesnt know, its a website adding english subtitles on movies, so makes it easy understandable for non-native english speakers. Also when you move your mouse over one word, you could see its translation on your own language ( mostly poor translation). I thought i could improve it, i could add my simplfied definition(which is more accurate than they add) for that word you moved your mouse over. In case you didnt understand the word, one click would lead you to other scene of some other movie, so you can grasp it deeper. I think i can upload 3 movies in a week and enrich my website in 3 months. But probably i would have some problems with copyright.

Now the idea im considering is making up a website, quote news from ny times and, like on the first idea, when you move your mouse over a word, simplfied definition of this word will appear. In case you didnt understand, you can also reach related images,videos, other news which mention that word.

this idea seems perfect for me, but i would like to hear your thoughts. What makes it perfect is that my wish to improve my english. So i can improve my english, besides, make some money.

Now my questions are;

Would i have copyright problems by ny times?
Can i make some money out of it?
Is it good idea to get some traffic on my website?

Help me reach my dreams guys, i need it.
>>
>>1028556
I like your idea but it's incredibly ambitious. I don't think you grasp how much work that would be. And yes, copyright and revenue are a big problem.
By yourself I think it's way too much. If you had some friends to help you work on it, then maybe.
>>
>>1028556
Go for it senpai. Noone from NY times is gonna bother suing you in your hole to get your life savings of $100.
>>
>>1028632
I have some friends may help and girlfriend willing to help. But i dont want any cooperation on it because their give up is also would be mine. I no longer want to be a burden on my parents, i dont want to give up. Im hardworking guy though, i can accomplish i beleive.
>>
>>1028643
I think the same. But who knows? after all i want to sleep in peace. not to worry about it
>>
>>1028556
Just read about this: https://medium.com/@SteveRidout/3-years-as-a-one-man-startup-489db6e48f2a#.vkqmi96eo

Sorry anon, but looks like someone has come up with more or less the same idea about three years ago.
>>
>>1028556
my opinion may not be popular, but here it is just go do it. If someone else did it, try to do it better. As of write now, fuck copyrights. Come up with a plan and just do it, at worst, you develop some important skills that are useful, and you can use them to design something else.

The biggest problem with these things is getting them off the ground. Once that happens, you can figure out all the other details.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.