[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fingerprint Cards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: FPC.png (27KB, 574x469px) Image search: [Google]
FPC.png
27KB, 574x469px
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/01/05/president-obamas-amazingly-emotional-speech-on-gun-control-annotated/
>Number four, we're going to boost gun safety technology. Today, many gun injuries and deaths are the result of legal guns that were stolen or misused or discharged accidentally. In 2013 alone, more than 500 people lost their lives to gun accidents and that includes 30 children younger than five years old.

>In the greatest, most technologically advanced nation on Earth, there is no reason for this. We need to develop new technologies that make guns safer. If we can set it up so you can't unlock your phone unless you've got the right fingerprint, why can't we do the same thing for our guns?

This is a solid case... Fingerprint Cards has almost a complete dominance within the rapidly growing smartphone fingerprint sensor market segment, and even the giant Samsung might have to make the switch from Synaptics to Fingerprint in order to meet the fingerprint sensor quality requirements of Android Pay. The competitors so far are just inferior. And with expansions into other market segments such as tablets, smartcards, cars, and in the future maybe even guns apparently? This stock has yet to hit its peak. The estimated profit per share for 2016 is 40-50 SEK which puts the P/E ratio at 11-14 so it's not even overvalued if you believe in this company and its technology.
>>
>Today, I was out shopping with my wife. My fingerprint didn't get recognized multiple times and the transaction didn't go thru when it finally worked. So I used another card on samsung pay and it worked to save me from total embarrassment. Then at another store, my fingerprint did not get recognized for 5 consecutive times and it wiped out the whole samsung pay. I could not pay any longer for the day because I don't carry wallet any longer. I am 100% dependent on Galaxy S6. So for the rest of the day, my wife had to pay with her plastic card. She has iPhone 6S by the way and she was not impressed with my Samsung pay.. :(
>>
gun owners would never adopt finger based scanners for guns. the only people who would be cucked enough to try are Californians after Feinstein inevitably forces it. But Cali shooters is such a niche market you'll barely see anything in return.
>>
Damnit I want to save my money for investment but all this shit is making me want to buy more gunz.
>>
>>1027532
>In 2013 alone, more than 500 people lost their lives to gun accidents and that includes 30 children younger than five years old.
wow what a huge number in a country with + 300 million people.

also, fingerprint scanners on guns are absolutely retarded. the main selling points of guns are durability and dependability. having some shitty little scanner on something that has constant and sharp vibrations is absolutely moronic. only brain dead suburban soccer moms and sheltered retards that never touched a gun would think that's a good idea.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 443x332px
>>1027569
you seem very angry for some reason. i think the fingerprint idea is great, whether it's for phones, guns or whatever. looks like big investors think that way too
>>
Only people not based in rational logic and noguns would think fingerprints for firearms would help. This is a more unsound pump and dump than ASTI.
>>
>>1027571
looks like you're a retard.
>>
File: 1451939381280.jpg (24KB, 240x331px) Image search: [Google]
1451939381280.jpg
24KB, 240x331px
>>1027571
>i think the fingerprint idea is great, whether it's for phones, guns or whatever. looks like big investors think that way too

Everyone said the same thing the last time "smart gun" technology was being pushed.

The Armatix pistol turned out to be a complete and total bust.

Biometric technology is woefully inaccurate and unreliable, like with what >>1027542 posted. This track record is not going to improve by exposing it to the same environments firearms and their components are exposed to. It's going to create faulty firearms that get their owners killed due to malfunctions.
>>
RFID implant instead
>>
File: imeanright.jpg (88KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
imeanright.jpg
88KB, 500x391px
>>1027532

I mean we could just maybe not have two parents that both work jobs just to scrap by while trying to raise a kid or maybe that one parent that works two jobs raising a kid. We could maybe make it that kids actually get the in-home attention they're dependent on, instead of throwing a PS4 with a video game at their face at the age of 8 with internet access to the entire population that fucked their mom. Could perhaps teach kids that death is actually something to be weary of and not to take everyday as a god-forsaken right. While we're at it, maybe we could actually care for each other, show empathy to each other, instead of being narcissistic beings we've become.
>>
>>1027619
They already have those
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.