[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just saw The Big Short tonight. What are /biz/'s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
I just saw The Big Short tonight.

What are /biz/'s thoughts on it?
>>
i enjoyed moneyball, other than that michael lewis books are fucking boring shit
>>
Crock of shit
>>
>>1027353

Sir, that's not how reviews are done. Since you have seen it why don't you tell us what YOU thought.

I might see it if you say its good enough.
>>
Hollywood libtard propaganda, like every movie on wall street
>>
>>1027396
You'll like it.
>>
If you liked the cock on cuck street
then heres what i have for you

-This movie does the thing where a character will pull the audience from the story to explain jargon while also acknowledging the audience still wont understand
-No drugs
-theres a stripper scene but other than that nothing to anger your local feminist
-dark haired human bean isnt on camera as often as youd think

It was an alright movie
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (2MB, 2500x1664px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
2MB, 2500x1664px
>>1027353
Margin Call was better.
>>
>>1027353
As a movie, it sucked ass. Boring as fuck.

>>1027399
As a mouth piece for the economy, this is true. It seemed really hell bent on proving that capitalism is evil even if it had to distort the facts.
>>
>>1027426
It was an ensemble cast. The Goose wasn't supposed to be THE main character.
>>1027399
Literally no one is saying that it's inaccurate.
>>
>>1027444
Yep, the staff was great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag14Ao_xO4c&list=PLZbXA4lyCtqonucdLYuR4Jjj2Mx4EAfZp&feature=iv&src_vid=UOYi4NzxlhE&annotation_id=annotation_897798
>>
>>1027444
Margin Call was pretty mediocre in my opinion. Not bad as a movie, but awfully inaccurate and oversimplified. (Lund tricks other banks into buying his toxic MBS, really?)
Too Big To Fail was pretty good, in my opinion.

About the Big Short, though, is it in any way accurate, or just a fun movie?
>>
>>1027954
>Margin Call was pretty mediocre in my opinion.

Mediocre in comparison to what other movies? I am interested, would want to watch them.
>>
>>1028026
Too Big To Fail, as I mentioned, and I thought Inside Job was alright.
>>
>>1028029
Just noticed, thanks
>>
Good film.
>>
The Office with a lot more cursing.
>>
>>1027444
>movie called Margin Call
>stocks are never shorted
>no margin call ever occurs
>>
My critiques
-breaking the 4th wall lost its novelty very quickly
-celebrity explanations were pandering and condescending (finance major)
-not enough Ryan Gosling
>IM JACKED TO THE TITS
-the optimal legacy of the financial crisis as proposed by Ryan gosling was a sad propaganda piece against banks. I understand people want a finger to point, but point it at the government and governmental interference. For godsake's Freddie Mac was only mentioned once in the goddam movie, at least point out WHY banks were willing to undergo subprime mortgages: guaranteed debt

Otherwise:
-funny movie
-likeable characters
-I liked all the Goldman shittalking, fuck that morally/ethically bankrupt shithole
>>
http://putlocker.ms/watch-the-big-short-online-free-2015-putlocker-v1.html

in case you havent seen yet my frugal friends
>>
File: 1412389715959.gif (894KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
1412389715959.gif
894KB, 420x236px
>>1028608
Thank you, senpai.
>>
http://www.watchfree.to/watch-29a1e3-Margin-Call-movie-online-free-putlocker.html

Meh, I liked The Big Short better.
>>
>>1028602
>freddie mac
>implying ginnie mae's role in the expansion of the secondary mortgage market for subprime loans didn't directly lead to mbs's full of US government backed shit-tier mortgages which eventually almost caused the whole goddamn economy to collapse
>>
It's a pretty boring topic desu.
>>
Haven't seen it and won't because it seems like yet another Hollywood propaganda piece against banks.
>>
>>1027353
I prefer Cosmopolis. An amazing movie. Too bad most of the normies don't get it. It's practically /biz/ movie.
>>
>>1029690
watching it now

i dont get it
>>
>>1028602
Ryan Gosling was awesome in this
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.