[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will you be getting when your parents die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: Begins.jpg (64KB, 650x451px) Image search: [Google]
Begins.jpg
64KB, 650x451px
What will you be getting when your parents die?
>>
>>1026331
an unpaid mortgage and a messy home
>>
>>1026331
Probably nothing.

Kind of sucks but I don't plan on giving them a spare shekel of my money either. In fact I will soon be moving out without telling them and never speaking to them again.

Not even sure how inheritance would get to me if it were magically to.
>>
>>1026336
This.
I guess I'll also get the 32 inch TV, that's nice I guess.
>>
>>1026331

my grandparents big ass house (1/4th of atleast) and my parents big ass house (1/2 of it atleast) + probably some moneyz.

I gotta say though, as the biggest failure and embarassment in the family, I'm always a little worried that my parents might end up passing most of the assets on to my brother. That would suck because he is already successful as fuck.
>>
>>1026364
I thought the norm was to leave most of everything TO the fuck up of the family... I know my lesser sibling is going to get the house in full.
>>
File: 1451904202352.jpg (120KB, 854x682px) Image search: [Google]
1451904202352.jpg
120KB, 854x682px
>>1026331
A large house on a large piece of property on Main Street, a shop with a store front also on main street. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the shop with the store front. My dad owns a small lumber mill and he sells home made shit out of it. Aside from selling orders of boards from his mill.
>>
>>1026331
Just sadness.
>>
Probably around £30k debt from my dad (He rents, has no pension or savings and works for minimum wage)
Half a house from my mum that is worth about £200k so £100k.
>>
>>1026396

Debt isn't inherited in this country. Hope that helps.
>>
>>1026427
In the UK? Isn't it? I thought that it was.
>>
>>1026396
Are you British me?
>>
>>1026475
Think so. 5 foot 10, brown hair, average build.
>>
I'll have to split it with my sister, but a 10000sqft grade 1 listed house in central London, an even larger house a couple of hours out of town and neighbouring 5-bedroom (also listed) 15th century farmhouse, a farm and series of rental properties out in the country, a 1950s 60 foot yacht, a sizable art collection, and some indeterminate but large amount of money. They'll probably outlive me though.
>>
>>1026472

Any secured debt (like a mortgage) will need to be settled, but anything beyond that dies with the person who took it out.
>>
>>1026331
Debt.
>>
My mom claims she won't leave me with a bunch of shit, but her house is literally a shithole filled with tons of shit. She's in complete denial of her hoarding. Her mom saved EVERYTHING, so when she died, what did my mom do? She fucking moved all that shit into her house, and now complains about how much shit she has and has no time to go through it.

I told he she needed to clean the garage so she can start organizing all the other rooms, and she said, "when I have time." Last time I visit, she's fucking painting the house. Literally shit everywhere and she's painting for no reason at all.
>>
>>1026364
>>1026365
What shit countries are you in that allow parents to fuck their children over like that?
>>
I've been thinking alot about this lately and likely nothing.

My grandma and my parents have neighboring properties with about 30 acres each. My grandma will likely have to sell as she moved out and is in a retirement home and likely can't afford it without selling. Plus with her kids, there will undoubtedly be a fight no matter how she would divide it. Hell, there is already a fight about whether she should even sell.

So anyway, when that acreage is gone, my parents will be left with 30 acres only. Which with the way the property was divided is not good for much with just 30. My parents are dumb hippies so they have no savings and refuse to rent their cropland to anyone that will use RoundUp ready corn. So nobody rents their land. With no inheritance, it basically means my parents will need to sell their only asset at some point. So maybe I'll get some cash, but thats about it.
>>
Is there some way to dispute wills and get my inheritance that will be owed to me?

Has anyone here done it?
>>
>>1026331
Probably almost nothing compared to what I'll be earning by then.

My parents have probably about 750k and a good 15 years left in them.
>>
Between 500k and 1m but that's most likely a few decades away so things change
>>
>>1027263
Try living in a country with civilized laws.
>>
>>1027321
Canada here.

What do you mean?
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 540x438px
>>1026331
Never asked
I have a good relationship with my parents and my dad makes ~250k/year so I guess I would get something.
I don't want to think about them dying though.
>>
Splitting a 1.5m - 2m house with my brother and a couple apartments in the Caribbean. Maybe some other stuff to.
>>
>>1027336
>Not killing ur brother and taking that house

SMFH lucky ass inheritance fags.
>>
>>1026331
Hopefully nothing. My brother is an aspie (a real one, sperglords), and he'll need the money more than I do. I plan on telling my parents that they should weight the will toward him when they turn 70.
>>
An oil company if it doesn't go belly up by then. Several houses, probably 100k in cash.
>>
>>1027370
You sound like a good person.
>>
just over a million dollars.
>>
>>1026336
my mother took out a mortgage when she retired for a massive lakefront home in a dead town because my sister (first year poli sci student) convinced her it was a good investment.

It was on the market for two years two years when it sold. The sellers must have laughed all the way to the bank.

the women in my family are terrible with money ;_;
>>
>>1026331
somewhere from 200-300k USD and a 3br 2ba home
>>
File: kilmepls.jpg (69KB, 589x453px) Image search: [Google]
kilmepls.jpg
69KB, 589x453px
Mother and stepfather recently informed me that I've been designated the executor of their wills. They said its because I'm the most responsible but I'm sure it's because I'm the only sibling with no blood relation.

So what I get is the responsibility of seeing to it that all of their rental properties are liquidated in an expedient and lucrative manner (I estimate their value to be roughly USD2.5 million at most), the potential animosity of my steps when they learn that our parents thought they were all incapable of sorting the remains of the estate, and extreme displeasure of notifying my step sister that she gets fuck all because our parents thought she was kind of a bitch.

I'll also get a larger percentage of the estate as an executors fee. This will likely leave my sibs absolutely butt destroyed and deal the finishing blow to our shitty semblance of a family.

Gonna be fun.
>>
>>1027415

>women are terrible with money

FTFY
>>
When my mom dies I'll get 10k, maybe the sick house and the shit in it. Maybe I'll try and find my dad and convince him to give me something...
>>
half of something like 3 million dollars

my parents never paid off their house

they're probably not going to die for a long time and will probably spend a bunch of money on expensive shit during retirement

when they decided to retire this year, I was shocked when I learned they're going to bring in ~150k annually from their pensions. fugging insane
>>
I'll be splitting with my brother a fully owned 4.5m house, 800k yacht, a couple other 500k-1.2m investment properties and whatever else my parents may have that they haven't told us about. They don't seem to want to share that sort of stuff.
>>
>>1026331
about $80,000 in tools and $10,000 in weapons.

my siblings want none of these so i think im sitting pretty on shit i find useful.

as far as any cash, unknown. probably between $50,000-$200,000 which a majority will go to his wife anyway the remainder will be divided 3 ways.

>>1026336
its funny, my step-mother an I talked about that. she was worried about my sister/brother/myself wanting to claim the house should something happen to my father. I told her i sure as shit dont want the house and i know my sister and brother dont want it either.

she wasnt being vindictive or anything, but she has sunk a lot of money into that place after everyone moved out. so she had a right to be concerned.
>>
>>1026490
to add:

any widows will also inherit any debt as debtors consider marriage as an automatic co-sign.

but debt cannot be transferred to children/siblings/other family.

debt collectors in the past have gotten into serious trouble by harassing the children of the deceased.
>>
>>1027459
>offspring acts like "kind of a bitch"
>cut her out of your will

>coincidentally is the stepsister

Daily reminder that your parents will cease to "love" you as soon as you stop offering them a net emotional benefit
>>
Not sure, ol man did well i think but we've never talked about money in our life.
>>
>>1027323
In Nordic countries parents can't disown their children.
>>
>>1027722
Show us yfw they donate it all to charity instead and don't leave you a dime.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 264x191px
>>1027918
but really my parents wouldn't do that to us and have openly said we will be looked after when they die - and we've signed the will so that isn't happening.
>>
>>1027459
Kinda shitty of them to do that to you.

If my parents did that to me I would just split everything evenly with my siblings, I hope they'd do the same for me. We have a good relationship though.
>>
>>1026331
depression
>>
>>1026331

My father will probably sell most of his assets and go on a hedonistic bender before he dies, at least that's what I hope he does. Otherwise I split a $700,000 house in Seattle and another 1-200,000 in assets with my slacker brother.

My brother might get the lions share though, he certainly needs it more than me and lives back home.
>>
>>1027459

I think you need to keep something in mind that (might) make things a little easier for you mentally...

You job as an executor is NOT to do what you think is right. Your job is to do what the deceased wants you to do with your estate.

If they cut off your sister that is THEIR decision and not yours. Your moral (and probably legal) duty is NOT to do what you think is "fair", but to honestly execute their will.

I'm sure they already have a trust, but if they don't, make sure to have them see a trust attorney. There are significant tax savings.
>>
Me?
Nothing, well, maybe a truck.

My cousin?
15-25 mil.
>>
>>1026365
Holy shit! Same thing in my family. My grandma has a million dollar house in San Francisco. My exdrug addict, conspiracy theory, carpenter, insane uncle is already moved in and is now her executor on her estate LOL.. life is funny... The 60 year old retard who reads and writes at a 3rd grade level inheriting a million dollar house in San Francisco. The funny part is he is such a fucking idiot he doesn't realize that the reverse mortgage he talked her into is going to need to be paid back... I cannot wait for this day I'm gonna kek like a motherfucker.
>>
>>1027162
Are you me ;___;
>>
>>1027974
>You job as an executor is NOT to do what you think is right. Your job is to do what the deceased wants you to do with your estate.

>I'm sure they already have a trust, but if they don't, make sure to have them see a trust attorney. There are significant tax savings.
These are two of the more clueless statements I've seen on /biz/ in a while. First of all, executors have fiduciary duties to the beneficiaries, not to the decedent. There are many circumstances where an executor can, should, and sometimes must override the edits in a will.

Trusts aren't used to avoid taxes. Trusts are used to avoid probate, because probate is a lengthy and costly process. In addition, trusts are used to create multi-generational bequests, such as life estates. The taxes are the same either way.
>>
>>1026331
their debt
>>
>>1026336
This.

Some $70k shitshack on the southwest side of Chicago.

Won't be for 20-30 years though so I'll be in my 50s at least.
>>
Maybe about $200k don't really need it but w/e
>>
File: 1449425465051.jpg (35KB, 558x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449425465051.jpg
35KB, 558x480px
>>1027881
>Daily reminder that your parents will cease to "love" you as soon as you stop offering them a net emotional benefit
>>
>>1027162
>I told he she needed to clean the garage
I hope she will give everything away to syrian refugees and leave you with nothing, you useless shit
>>
>>1027415
Same story here. My brother can have the mortgage. I'm just hoping for a fat life insurance check.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.