[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love working with my hands. What trade should I get into if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: 6388744_orig.jpg (71KB, 980x400px) Image search: [Google]
6388744_orig.jpg
71KB, 980x400px
I love working with my hands. What trade should I get into if I want to be either self employed or make more than 50k per year.

Currently doing mexican tier framing for 18 an hour.
>>
is this the highest demand trade in your area? are you in murica competing with mexicans?
>>
>>1025970
I'm in Louisiana. There's a demand for everything here. There's big bucks in oil but you destroy your body
>>
>>1025975

hey anon do you have email? skype?

I have a proposition for you

it's not nice, fun work but it'll grab you a few hundred bucks a day
>>
>>1025987
I don't remember the password to my burner email. Can you go into more detail please? Crime scene cleanup?
>>
>>1025993
blowjobs
>>
>>1026000
They say true success is working a job that'd you'd for free
>>
Undwater Welding, making 120k at the moment, of course its not a poo permanent career though
>>
>>1025969
welding.

/thread.
>>
>>1025969
refrigeration repair
>>
>>1027029
>>1027004

Welding is going to soon be a very bad field to be in. Tens of thousands of welders are unemployed because of the oil prices, and oil isnt bouncing back any time soon.

Welders are going to be like Medical Coding and Billing soon.
>>
>>1027035
Oil is nowhere near where all welding is done..
>>
>>1027309
Oil drives pretty much all manufacturing related jobs
>>
>>1025969
>keep framing until you know framing inside and out
>buy your own trucks, and tools
>hire a white framer who is dumber than you to be the foreman
>staff out the rest with Mexicans
>work your way to become a general contractor
>buy property and use your company to build housing plans

Most people who own a construction business are good at construction and terrible at business. There is no long good outcomes long term to working in the trades for someone else.
>>
Plumbing sounds ideal for you man. That, or HVAC.
>>
In b4 handjobs.
>>
>>1026177
the truth is right here fags
>>
>>1025969
Move to Australia.

Laborers earn 100k+ EASILY here. My dad earns around 200k.
>>
OP, go into oil...it should be shooting back up again soon.
>>
I'm probably gonna do the two years of CC then Transfer to a state school route. Thanks for the help though.
>>
>>1027906
>100k+ EASILY
i've done laboring jobs for large, reputable companies and some of the pay has been as low as $19.50 an hour after tax even though the work sometimes consisted of hauling "25kg" bags of old concrete (some of the bags we actually weighed were closer to 35kg) up 60 stairs for 9 hours with only one <20 mins break.

some of them paid all right, between $25-35 an hour but the work made the $19.50 hour jobs seem cruisy.

no way would i ever consider actually making this a career, especially when there are somewhat attainable bludge jobs that pay close enough.
>>
>>1027356
I don't want to make 800 a week for the rest of my life.
>>
>>1028296
then you should go to college
>>
>>1028306
Yeap. Any non math intensive degrees that you'd recommend? Im fluent in three languages if that helps anything
>>
>>1028306
Or you know he could just become a tradesman.

I'd recommend plumbing, there will always be demand for pipes.
>>
>>1025987
If you're still on here I'd be extremely interested.
>>
>>1027906
Any more tips concerning this? What parts of Australia are best? I'd be willing to do this.
>>
>>1028611
perth $$$$
>>
Become an engine officer in the merchant marine. Pays 90k right out of school.
>>
>>1025969
A skilled trade. One that takes more than a few days to get a hang of it.
>>
sprinklerfitter
>>
>>1025975

Union Pacific railroad has a yard in Louisiana. They are fixing to lose a carman, he is switching jobs. Start watching up.jobs for the Livonia yard
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.