[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here play games on youtube for a living? Can you give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: vgvgvg.jpg (9KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
vgvgvg.jpg
9KB, 318x159px
Anyone here play games on youtube for a living?
Can you give tips on making a living? How much do you make?
You don't have to reveal how many subs you have but a general range to give an idea would be useful.
>>
Anyone?
>>
odd question, there might be an experienced youtuber on /biz/ at the moment, but unlikely one who plays games specifically and had any success with it
>>
I guess you are right, maybe anyone that makes money on youtube that can comment would be great.
>>
I would be interested in hearing from someone too.
>>
>>1025363
Well if it means anything I'm starting youtube very soon (gaming channel), I've done two things right so far. Got good gear, elgato, good games, good mic, good editing software, all relatively cheap as they are all pro owned and work great. Making a personality based channel. Good luck anon.
>>
>>1025666
what's your personality going to be like or who are you basing the character off? i don't watch these videos but just curious.
>>
Honestly if youre just looking to make a living target the widest audience and play off of the flavour of the month. Right now the easiest way to get famous fast is to make league of legends videos or counter strike go. Make sure you share the videos around on reddit and other sites and try different things to see what sticks. Even if you dont like doing that kinda stuff its probably worth it to get the viewer base.
>>
>>1026018
He would have to be good at the game, and that's a lot of practice, reading upp tactical strategi, and so on, but yes you are probably right.
Would not work if it was just casual gaming.
Maybe it would work if you are super funny to listen to, and get some sponsors.
But i think most of these youtube people are strange and lack human contact
>>
>>1026029
A lot of famous people in the league scene arent even that good to be honest. Also there really is ways to cheat The system. Theres this one guy keyori who just straight up steals ideas from videos and copies other people. People even call him out on this but he still has a lot of subs
>>
One thing that a lot of successful and popular gaming youtube channels do is to edit the videos down to the funny, special, or simply fun moments, and not full length videos of gameplay.
Examples are Criken2 back when he wasn't as much of a fag. Robbaz does it extremely well and his videos are actually bearable, in fact even funny most of the time. Follow his example. Don't reinvent the wheel.
>>
>>1026046
This so much. Last time i looked i think pewdiepies highest view videocis just a compilation of funny moments
>>
>>1026062
>pewdiepie

The only reason pewdiepie gets those high view counts on those videos is because he ads them to his featured page and people see it when they click his name not that they stay for the whole video. https://www.youtube.com/user/PewDiePie/featured
>>
Guide on how to get a guaranteed successful youtube channel no questions asked.
1. Jump on an inevitably popular train before it goes
For example, getting into LoL or Dota 2 multiple years ago, if you're one of the first people, no matter how shit your shit is, it will get tons of publicity, which means if it's NOT shit you have a better chance
2. Appeal to the lowest common denominator
Make videos that make use of a vast array of MEMES and unfunny jokes that twelve year olds find funny, because they are the target demographic that will watch every single video you ever produce, without adblock. They will also donate to your twitch stream later. This means that your shit can be shit without too much problems, scream, overreact, and curse, it's cool with the kids. Be charistmatic, talkative, and hilarious, you will get nowhere without aforementioned, unless you want to earn a pittance for informative actually useful videos.
3. Continue shitting out videos no matter what
If you suddenly don't upload videos for a week without warning you are literally a dead person.
4. "We"
Always say "We" or "Our" and so on instead of referring to simply yourself. This ties into point number two but also works on others.
5. Be lucky
It's necessary.

That's really all there is to it if you want to make money off of playing video games with no additional effort.
>>
>poor
>can't find decent free video editing software
Any suggestions guys?
>>
Last I checked, if you were a Youtube partner you earned 7 cents on every 1000 views your video gets.

Video capture hardware that isn't shit will cost you $130 minimum.

Do the math for how many views your channel will need before you break even, without accounting for the hundreds of hours of video editting you will need to do, and assuming you have a computer already strong enough to do video editting. Hundreds of hours you could have been working at McDonald's or digging ditches and at least being guaranteed the legal minimum wage.

Do it for a hobby, never for the money because you will lose a lot on it.
>>
>>1027933
VSDC free video editor
>>
If you produce great content and are consistent, you'll have success. How much success varies greatly, but most people don't stick around long enough to get any traction. It takes a long time to build an audience.
>>
>>1025363

I tried. Didn't get anywhere.
>>
>>1026046
This. Be like Robbaz in that you aim for quality editing and genuinely funny moments.
>>
>>1028239
>VSDC free video editor
Thanks senpai.
>>
>>1027966
paying for software?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.