[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /biz/, I know that asking an online anime image board for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (57KB, 700x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
57KB, 700x1080px
Hi /biz/,

I know that asking an online anime image board for advice this serious is't such a great idea, but I know there are some legitimately intelligent and experienced people here.

To keep it short; What are the prospects of a finance degree? and what is studying finance like?

I began university as a engineering student - not enjoying it as it felt like the 'path of least resistance' and never have been interested really in engineering. (Parents influence and my naivety)

I've read more books on finance in the past 2 months than I have ever read something engineering related and i've always had an interest in monetary issues and how money runs corporately.

Is it a stupid move? Please help /biz/, its the thoughtful and insightful, helpful posts that inevitably make this board, and any board, worth coming to or other people.

Pic related; a decent book
>>
File: 1448749494477.jpg (944KB, 1345x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1448749494477.jpg
944KB, 1345x1450px
Anyone that was in a similar position willing to help?
>>
>>1023959
Checkout out:
mergersandinquisitions.com
wallstreetplayboys.com

Generally the best bet with a finance degree is IB/PE.
>>
>>1023965
Thanks,

what is your background?
>>
>>1023971
Entrepreneur with a community college degree.

But when I was in high school I wanted to become a hedge fund portfolio manager so I looked quite a bit into what it takes.

I would recommend transferring to a target school if you're a freshman or sophomore.
>>
>>1023952

Are you outgoing? Are you obsessed with money and investments?

Unless the answer to the above 2 questions is yes, I would not recommend finance.
>>
>>1023987
Why do you say that?

I want to make money, a decent amount of it so I can enjoy life in my own time - not in my 2 weeks of holiday given on my contract.

I would like to start a business mainly and secure income in the present and future via sound financial investments
>>
>>1024002
Then don't sweat what you're taking in college. The finance you learn here is basics. You'll learn more reading by yourself on your own curriculum.
>>
>>1024006
>The finance you learn here is basics
What do you mean 'here'?
>>
>>1024017
Undergrad.
>>
>>1023983
How do I become an entrepreneur?
>>
>>1024032
You disavow all worldly responsibilities and pleasures to create very profitable, sought-after solutions.
>>
>>1024036
Do you mind if I ask you how old you are and how much you make? (please as accurate as possible)
>>
>>1024052
23 3/12 Years old, made 103,722 USD last Gregorian year.
>>
>>1024058
Thank you for the precision. Thats impressive.

What do you do?
>>
>>1024069
Consumer brand. Selling products.
>>
>>1024076
Brilliant. What age did you start this brand?
>>
>>1024078
22 5/12.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.