[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is youtube a fad or is it here to stay? 1 million views bring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

Is youtube a fad or is it here to stay? 1 million views bring in 10 grand, think about how much $$ these fagets are making.
>>
It's insane. I have a friend who is making $20,000 a month with some stupid videos with youtube.
>>
>>1022386
i'm starting YT, who knows maybe ill live the dream...
>>
obnoxious let's play videos
douchey pranks on people in public
that woman making millions just by opening disney toys on camera

it all disgusts me but really i'm just jealous
>>
>>1022540
>obnoxious let's play videos

THIS WEEK PEWDIEPIE MAKES STUPID FUCKING FACES AND NOISES WHILE PLAYING PIKMIN!

Absolute genius.
>>
>>1022565
His meming seems really disingenuous. I'd like to think he's actually a pretty down to earth guy that did it for fun but now just does it for the money.
>>
>>1022484
channel link?
>>
>>1022386
youtube was what liveleak is now. a place to upload short videos typically not made by the users, e.g. news segments, scenes from movies, music videos.

now it's a bunch of attention whores acting like retards on camera.
>>
We need to think of something new for YouTube that will take it over. By that I mean a whole new idea of content.
>>
>>1022934
Never happen.
YouTube's content is stupid
Masses vote with thier views
You know why stupids wining?
Cause its what the people want
>>
>>1022386
>1 million views bring in 10 grand
TOP KEK. Pic related
>>
>>1023027
What that's it? seems like robbery , wtf
>>
>>1022899
Met Perwdiepie once before he started making millions, but after starting his channel. He's actually really down to earth, but he enjoyed spassing out for money (at least back then).
>>
>>1022386
OP Are you serious?

You're lucky to make $700 for a million views.
$1000 being fucking optimal

10 GRAND? Maybe if you're making Mesotheliomia meme videos or some really targeted shit that gets no views.

you realize this is the age of ad blocker right?
>>
File: fantastic.jpg (141KB, 1083x1043px) Image search: [Google]
fantastic.jpg
141KB, 1083x1043px
>>1022386
>is youtube a fad
>is posting videos online a fad
>>
tfw i have lots of unique ideas of what kind of youtuber i'd be but i have too autistic voice and wouldnt like being a celebrity known for something like youtube
>>
>>1023176
Plwnty of youtubers don't show their face and stay somewhat anonymous, critikal being an example.
>>
>>1023130

I don't think you know how much these guys get paid per 1000 views. If it's even $5 then they'd get $5000 for a million views. Also if you're pulling in larger numbers you'll eventually get sponsored which pulls in more than what you'd normally make for 1000 views.

Then, if you have half a brain, you can merchandise and make some good money if your shit is actually cool or useful. None of this retarded shit where you slap a huge logo on a t shirt although it'd still probably sell.
>>
>>1022932
It's called YOUtube for a reason.
>>
>>1023424
see
>>1023027

~8MM views in ~5 days is about 10G. Who ever told you that you'd get
$5000 for a million views lied to you.

Most of the sponsorshop deals are locked up by MCNs (which will take 30%) or requires you actively selling (as in calling brands, meeting agents, and might as well move to LA).
>>
File: mole man pepe reflecting.jpg (150KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mole man pepe reflecting.jpg
150KB, 500x500px
>>1022386
Well the best part of reddit... Reddit.tv is now gone...
>>
>>1023176
Give me the ideas then, I have a somewhat listenable voice
>>
>>1022565
>>1022899
I reckon its all just an act, if you go watch the older videos on his channel it was a lot less over the top. He is a smart guy and realizes that the vast majority of his viewers are just kids and so behaves accordingly to capitalize on that. Its not funny for us because its not meant to be, its kid humour to appeal to his fanbase.
>>
>>1023178
He has revealed his face. He is quite handsome desu
>>
>>1022959
>we need to get people to buy these personal computers, I think we could start a whole new market here
>never happen
>why would people want their own computers?
>computers are for work related stuff
>that's the last thing people want in their house
>>
File: 1417759559280.jpg (38KB, 499x341px) Image search: [Google]
1417759559280.jpg
38KB, 499x341px
>>1022386
>1 million views bring in 10 grand, think about how much $$ these fagets are making.

Wrong. 1 million views and continued ranking videos makes a lot of money.

It's why animators hate letsplayers so much. Gamegrumps effortlessly makes more than a million views on every 10 minute video they upload. So of course they're swimming in money.

My brother just hit 1million on one of his videos and he only makes about 600 bucks a month from Youtube when you also count the other few videos he made.
>>
>>1025619
Huh didn't know that. Still doesn't have a facecam. Robbaz being another example of a guy who doesn't use a facecam and is pretty big.

Totalbiscuit isn't exactly anonymous but doesn't have facecam either most of the time.

But if you want to appeal to 13-year old boys then facecam and screaming is the way to go.
>>
>>1025622
>youtube will take over
>never
>youtube is for amateurs and kids
>they will still watch tv for quality entertainment

Youtube together with online streaming such as Netflix will take over from traditional TV more and more is my prediction.

I wonder how long until we get actual real serious shows on youtube with real actors and shit.
>>
>>1025627
Depends on the let'splayer though.

Pewdiepie may be cancer but he does a lot of editing.

Robbaz(who is a literal god) edits his videos for days.
>>
>>1025622
-_-
First off quit watching that Steve Jobs documentary crap
Second the computers offered something me. It filled a need. YouTube's already filling a need. New inventions and me entertainment material are two interly different things you apple sucking douce
>>
>>1025638
You need to go back to the very first post in this argument, the dude is saying we need to think of a new idea, content, on YouTube

Do you not into reading or some shit
>>
>>1022386
1 Million views is not 10,000. Holy fuck not even close.
>>
>>1022484
its fucking hard work.idiot.
>>
The value assigned to ads is hugely overinflated imo, it's only a matter of time before the internet as whole slows down when the true value of shitty ad banners is realised.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.