[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ Is there a book you would recommend to a complete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1438262956426.jpg (74KB, 790x758px) Image search: [Google]
1438262956426.jpg
74KB, 790x758px
Hey /biz/

Is there a book you would recommend to a complete beginner that wants to get into stock market trading?
>>
File: common sense on mutual funds.jpg (43KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
common sense on mutual funds.jpg
43KB, 300x400px
>>1021464
>Trading

Have fun losing money.

If you want to actually invest, read this.
>>
>>1021465
I have no idea what trading stocks even means. I'm very new to this. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be sure to take a look at that book
>>
You don't need to read a book to trade. Just do your own research on industries and companies you already understand. You might be able to make abnormal returns some of the time.

As for what you should read and do, first post nails it.

If you try to use the market to get rich quick, you will get fucked. All books on "trading" tips are a scam.
>>
>>1021474
I asked for a book because I assumed there is quite a bit to learn before touching the stock market. I don't know any of the terminology, nor do I have any idea how the stock market works.

I'm not looking to get rich quick. I've had a few hundred bucks for a few years that I never spend, so I thought I might as well try to make something out of it. I won't mind it taking a long time to make decent profit.
>>
>>1021478
If you're brand new to it, I *highly* recommend you read all of Jim Collins' "Stock Series."

Nothing gimmicky, all common sense.

http://jlcollinsnh.com/stock-series/
>>
Fuck stocks, get on that options trading son.
Cheaper than stocks.
Can make money when it goes up, down, sideways.

http://dropcanvas.com/zpf5p
check out mcmillans options as strategic investments and
Talebs Dynamic Hedging

and dough.com has a free video series.
and tastytrade.com has huge FREE archives for stock and options traders.
>>
>>1021464
No book will teach you what you need to know, re trading.

To be honest, a very small % of people have the situation needed to have a good shot at trading.
How many people do you know with no need for a 9 to 5 who have tens of thousands sitting around that they can afford to lose?

Because that's the situation that will give you the best odds. Those trying to half-ass it (RobinHood, not trading 9 to 5, starting with 5K) will almost never profit.
>>
>>1021926
You mean options holding? I highly doubt that you, yourself, work for a financial institution which holds large pools of options/futures and openly trades them. Also, your margin account would have to be fucking enormous if you only traded options and in enough capacity to make serious money from it. Quit trying to act like some market guru you 17 year old twat.
>>
No book is remotely up to date and all the real money is in algorithms, though even that isn't guaranteed like it used to be. Treat it like gambling, think like a sheep, and sell the moment you feel the weather change. You can always buy in again but loosing out and waiting for the weather to change back is painful.
>>
>>1021926
are you chinese?
>>
>>1021464
>>
>>1021993
never said that. I'm an individual trader. Learned how to do options, jumped in last summer with 6k. Made some money. Feels good.

define serious money?
>>
Get Rich Carefully by Jim Cramer
>>
>>1022237
are you chinese?
>>
>>1021464
pic related. as someone who was also a complete beginner when trying to find good books to read (I took no economics style courses in school), I found this to be the best. It describes all the basic terms like stocks, bonds, mutual funds etc very well and goes on to explain that for the average joe who is working full time, ETFs are essentially the way to go - particularly if you have a long time horizon. Would HIGHLY recommend this for beginners and it even gives further book recommendations at the end.
>>
>>1022724
>ETFs are essentially the way to go
You're telling this to someone interested in stock trading?
Are you trying to confuse this guy, or is your advice better suited for another thread?
>>
>>1022919
after reading >>1021468 I'm assuming he's open to any and all ideas and I'm merely pointing out the possibility of ETFs if he may have just used the wrong terminology in the OP. Sure if he wants to actually trade and go that path then just ignore my post >>1022724.
>>
>>1023035
Yeah, that's hard to dispute. And your advice is probably correct for most.
But I'd argue that he's better served by being given what he's asking for, rather than what he needs.
Otherwise, his experiment with the market will take place when he's older (and almost certainly wealthier), leading to a much larger loss.
>>
>Warren Buffett shareholder letters, all on the Berkshire site.
>How an economy grows and why it crashes
>Basic Economics
>Random Walk Down Wall Street
>One Up On Wall Street
>Security Analysis
>Damodoran on Valuation
>Rosenbaum Investment Banking
>The New Lombard Street
>Thinking Fast and Slow

There's no magic bullet. You have to figure out your own strategy really.
>>
>>1021926
Can you upload your material on Mega, or make a torrent
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.