[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Profit From Pleb Debt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: LCLogo.png (21KB, 409x131px) Image search: [Google]
LCLogo.png
21KB, 409x131px
Anybody else using this as an alternative to a savings account? This year wasn't bad. In previous years I've seen as much as 9%.

This year I'm going to actually start funneling money into it instead of just doing it as a hobby.
>>
File: LC.png (5KB, 233x152px) Image search: [Google]
LC.png
5KB, 233x152px
>>1021369

Returns for 2015.
>>
Interested: pls explain via greentext
>>
File: desire_to_know.jpg (75KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
desire_to_know.jpg
75KB, 640x512px
>>1021385

> Sign up for a Lending Club account
> Transfer funds from your bank account
> Pick out loans people are asking for based on a variety of criteria and the reason they need a loan
> Criteria include FICO, income, current debt, previous defaults
> Loans have variable interest rate from 5% - 28% based on risk factors
> Majority of loans are debt consolidation
> Minimum investment in a single loan is $25
> Once a loan has enough willing funders it starts and you receive payments monthly.
> You can set up reinvestment criteria as well if you don't want to manually pick out loans.

Also if you sign up with this link I get $50, but I'm mostly interested in opinions on it over getting referrals.

https://www.lendingclub.com/landing/invest.action?reg_referrer=Member_1071116&progId=29376472
>>
File: image.gif (482KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
482KB, 500x333px
>>1021399

> Majority of loans are debt consolidation

Too spooky 5 me
>>
>>1021402

For what it's worth In the past I've invested in 50 loans and of the 50 only 3 eventually defaulted.

From what their prospectus says the default rate is pretty consistent and if you are either diligent with manual loan picks or you just invest in 100+ loans you'll always make 4%+ returns
>>
So the only way you lose money is if the borrower defaults on the loan? I've never heard of this before, seems interesting though. Any more info? How much have you invested and what returns have you seen?
>>
>>1021421

You can also lose a small amount of money if they pay it off really early since a part of your investment profits are paid to LC (this is how they make money) and if they pay way early you essentially get a penalty that goes to LC.

As a I said I've only invested 1,250 in the past and made returns on that of 6-9% annually.

This year I'm going to divert 500/mo into it since even 4% is way way better than my savings account rate.
>>
>>1021371
6-7% isn't bad at all for the risk. Illiquid nature of investment is hard to get over though.

I think you're crazy to have this be your main investing activity. It's much more built for a small % of your overall portfolio on the risky illiquid bucket.
>>
>>1021457

Definitely not my main investment activity. Still putting another 500 in traditional liquid savings, 1000 in 401k and 500 in other equity/fund investments each month.

I make ~ 7500/mo so this feels comfortable to me. In general the only other investments I've been making that have performed as well or better were individual equities. I feel like I got lucky with those. ATVI and MSFT for example did amazingly well and offset other losses I would've had.
>>
Its an investing experiment for me. I'm still against flat investments right now for fundamental reasons. They make up less than 5% of my portfolio. Right now the risk/reward is not there to grow it past this. With US raising interest rates and looking to do it fairly regularly soon. Then it'll be scintillating and I'll move it to about 10%.

I make about 10% on my D-grades. 2-3% above inflation isn't really stellar for me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.