[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the 2008 financial crisis just a meme collapse? Pretty sure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: TEDspread.png (73KB, 586x405px) Image search: [Google]
TEDspread.png
73KB, 586x405px
Was the 2008 financial crisis just a meme collapse? Pretty sure it didnt impact my life in the slightest and the economy is doing just fine only 2-3 yrs later.
>>
>2-3 years later
It's been 7 years, brah
>>
>didn't impact my life

You were 9 years old when it happened
>>
>>1019557
>>1019557
It did affect you but if you didn't notice then you must have been underage at the time. If you turned legal afterward then your job chances were slim and your pay was shit. That's something you don't remember from before 2008. Also there are missing jobs that haven't been recovered. This is from Georgetown school economics and education. Your government raised taxes on you to pay for those bailout and the result was shitty education, roads, and more regulation to take out loans for you but not the assholes on the top.
>>
Quantitative easing pushed the snowball down the hill a bit further. It didn't go away. The collapse will just be bigger down the road.

Plus, I'm pretty sure you need to look up the definition of meme.
>>
>>1019588
They're still doing the same thing. I forgot what they're calling CDO now. But this time the whole mess is bigger because the money is coming international investors. The bubble is bigger and it affects the tech industry. Honestly we're delaying the next great depression. China almost sent into one but they had dip into their sovereign wealth fund to bailout the finance sector. The problem is the Chinese government want the bankers to pay up. So they're killing/imprisoning a lot of them.
>>
>>1019557
Yeah, my dad (as an architect) didn't have a official income for three years at his firm.
>>
>>1019557
it was as real as any other major financial crisis. but using an expression like 'meme collapse' means you are likely underage now(and possibly retarded), and you were absolutely underage then so of course it was less noticeable for you than for an adult.
>>
>>1019591
>The problem is the Chinese government want the bankers to pay up. So they're killing/imprisoning a lot of them.
My niggas. I guess China ain't so bad.
>>
>>1019557

Some sectors got hit harder than others.

Anyone in building or construction or RE got railed.

Many people in finance and banking got railed.

Some industries were just fine tho.
>>
>>1019588
>Delayed collapse meme
>>
>>1019557
This crisis destroy my country eco
>>
>So they're killing/imprisoning a lot of them.

Commies never learn

I hope they enjoy not having capital, im sure they think they can just force people to give their money

Kek
>>
File: OMXI15.jpg (78KB, 899x652px) Image search: [Google]
OMXI15.jpg
78KB, 899x652px
>>1019557
Try telling Iceland that
>>
File: dj_inflation adjusted.png (16KB, 630x378px) Image search: [Google]
dj_inflation adjusted.png
16KB, 630x378px
All the stock markets are still ridiculously over-valued. Hard to call something a crash when the reduction in value doesn't even return you to the historical trend line.
>>
>>1020777
>Hard to call something a crash when the reduction in value doesn't even return you to the historical trend line.
Then maybe your trendline is bullshit? Just a thought.

>moron
>>
File: IMG_20151127_233557.jpg (88KB, 657x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151127_233557.jpg
88KB, 657x1024px
>>1020727
Label your bloody Y Axis!!!
>>
>>1020727

> living in Iceland
>>
>>1021016
> living in the only pure white aryan country
>>
>>1020777
nice 95 year meme trend.
>>
>>1021146
>"pure"
>inbred as fuck
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.