[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is getting bitcoins so fucking tedious and difficult? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: asscoin.jpg (10KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
asscoin.jpg
10KB, 300x250px
Why is getting bitcoins so fucking tedious and difficult?

I've never bought bitcoins before because every service wanted some information I didn't want to provide, but now I have a legitimate purpose for wanting them to pay for an online service and holy fuck is it making me jump through hoops.

The first annoyance was to even find a service I thought was acceptable, but none of them are, I just had to settle for the least intrusive one I thought I could find.
I chose coinbase, and then I went to link my bank account.
It wants my fucking back account login and password are you fucking kidding me?
So then I have to search for a way around that, and I find a not well advertised way to forgo providing the password and just give them account and routing numbers. Then I have to wait 3-5 business days (it takes all 5) to verify the bank account.

>Alright, finally my account is verified let's buy some fuckin bitcoins and get this service paid for
Nope, you can only buy $100 max so I'll have to do it on 2 separate days of $100 and $50. Oh but it tells me I can lift this limit by providing additional info like last 4digs of social security, some other security questions, and linking a credit card. So I do it, it doesn't fucking work, it still says $100 max. Fucking whatever I'll just do it in 2 days then.
So I go and select to buy the first payment and it fucking tells me I have to wait 6 days for it to come in

What the fuck is even the point of bitcoin then? With all the damn hoops and info I have to provide to get any I'm sure someone out there knows exactly what I'm buying by now.

So much for anonymous online payments. What a load of crap.
>>
>>1016855
It only sounds confusing untill you actually use it

www.circle.com
Use your credit card, start with 300 weekly limit, eventually build to 3,000 only takes seconds.
>>
>>1016879
Well it's too late now.

I can't cancel the $100 pending payment because apparently it takes 6 days for the bitcoin blockchain to send me 0.2307 BTC
(I know that's not true, but coinbase only offers a single explanation for why I can't cancel pending purchases, and that's it).
>>
>>1016855
>>1016897
Money of the future!!! :^)
>>
>>1016855
because all of these companies need to comply with the same federal regulations that everyone else does

WHAT A CONCEPT
>>
>>1016918
Paypal isn't that bad
>>
>>1016855
dude try out one coin, check it out while its defficulty is low.
>>
>>1016934

You must not have opened a PP account lately. Link to bank account with 2 transfers 3-10 days. Link to credit card 3-10 days. Verify email 1 day. Link to app 1 day.

I had my personal PP for years. When I opened by business account a few months ago it took dam near 3 weeks before I could accept payments
>>
Work for it faggot.
>>
It's like our whole country has been taken over by
>muh turrurism

Apparently we can't be trusted to spend our money the way we want to, to communicate with each other the way we want to, or to think the way we want to. It all has to be tightly controlled so we don't accidentally become terrorists.
>>
File: 1437459127112.png (256KB, 507x348px) Image search: [Google]
1437459127112.png
256KB, 507x348px
Yeah, the first steps are hard because there's a lot of scam potential. But once you're set up it's easy.

I honestly can't recommend any exchanges because they can (AND WILL!) run off with all your funds in a second. But that's just they way the world works. If you want to hold BTC, do it in a safe local wallet. But forget fast trading in times of emergency because most exchanges require 6 or more confirmations on funding addresses.

I use Kraken because Yuro.

>find a way to buy BTC, some banks offer partnerships with exchanges
>you can even use things like localbitcoin if you're that desperate
>after you have received BTC, send them to exchange that offers low fees and has good trade volume
>get verified to be able to hold FIAT as well as higher daily trading limits
>you can now buy and sell BTC within microseconds
>customize orders with things like trailing stop limits
>play with offered leverage once you're good at what you're doing
>sleep like a baby because trailing stops and make money doing nothing
>>
>>1016970
Does paypal have a $100 limit?

and what happens after this 6 days when I finally get only a portion of what I wanted and I still need to get the other $50? Do I wait another 6 days?
It says I can do instabuy now but even that's capped to $25 a week.

So it's looking like it's going to take me at least 3 weeks to buy ONE fucking thing online with bitcoins.
>>
>>1016879
Then, if you need to do the reverse, from bitcoin to credit card, you can use services like cointocard.co
>>
>>1017174
Damn I didn't even know about this. Have you completed many transactions with them?
>>
>>1016855
Oh man, you haven't even got to the biggest scam of the entire deal: trying to sell.

Good luck though, money of the future and all that.
>>
Heres how to buy a bitcoin in less than half an hour:

>open wallet at blockchain.info 2 minutes
>localbitcoins.com
>select domestic bank transfer option.
>choose the best offer
>funds held in escrow, release escrow when bitcoins hit your wallet.

Literally takes less than half an hour. And requires you to give minimum contact details.

In short, youre a fucking idiot who has no idea how to operate a computer.
>>
>>1020112

Heres how to sell bitcoins:

>Local bitcoins
>sell tab
>select best domestic bank transfer offer.
>escrow, release coins when money hits your bank.

Took me like 15 minutes to sell 2 btc. Why do you say its hard to sell? Do you own or have you ever owned or sold a bitcoin before? Obviously not.
>>
>>1020472
Is there anyway to sell them more anonymously? This is great for day to day usability, but what if you made money on speculating and wanted to avoid showing that much cash on your statements?
>>
>>1020481
There are many offers for cash on local bitcoins. Once you meet the guy whatever you arrange is between him and you.

There are many people also wanting to convert cash to bitcoin anonymously. Not hard to find.
>>
>>1020481
I know people who use this shit to clean money no one gives a fuck about your speculating man. These guys could be getting federal time double digits all they do is tumble/mix the coins and cash out its not rocket science dude.
>>
>>1020468
This, I cant remember the website now but I think its blockchain, buying btc/ltc is super easy and fast.
>>
>>1020516
Blockchain.info doesnt buy or sell.
>>
Question about bitcoin: I know people store their bitcoin on 'wallets' on their computer/other drives. But let's say I have an account on one of the online cryptocurrency exchanges. I have no actual crypto, but I wanna get a small amount of bitcoin to later spend on a service that accepts bitcoin. Can I have someone send the bitcoin directly to my online account to hold there, then later spend the bitcoin directly from my account for the service, without using a wallet on my computer?

Yes, I realize it's unsafe to keep bitcoin online...but I'm literally only getting the bitcoin so I can then immediately spend it on a service afterwards. I just wanna do it without having to deal with the wallet and blockchain...
>>
>>1020733
Yes you can get a web based wallet with 2 factor authentication from blockchain.info.

Its extremely simple and easy to use. You can then log into your account from any internet connected device to send and recieve bitcoins.
>>
>>1020763
thanks
>>
>>1020763
Ive been using blockchain as I've only been buying enough bitcoins to complete a transaction.

Now I'm looking to buy some to hold long term. How safe would it be to use this wallet for longterm storage? And what do you recommend as a safer alternative?
>>
>>1016855
>why is the government making it so difficult to get this currency which could potentially put the federal reserve out of business?
>>
>>1021058
>/pol/ pls
>>
>>1021041
The safest way is probably a paper wallet in 3 copies.

Create wallet, print it, then transfer the bitcoin to that wallet.
>>
>>1016970
link to bank account was literally 20 seconds to me, and i live in a 2nd world country
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.