[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EBAY GENERAL THREAD - BUY HIGH SELL LOW EDITION Reminder t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 51

File: EBay_former_logo.svg.png (60KB, 2000x832px) Image search: [Google]
EBay_former_logo.svg.png
60KB, 2000x832px
EBAY GENERAL THREAD - BUY HIGH SELL LOW EDITION

Reminder that USPS rates are going up 01/17/16!

http://multichannelmerchant.com/news/shipping-prices-set-rise-ups-usps-battle-filings-23122015/

Reminder that UPS rates rise today 12/28/15!
>>
>>1015416
Forgot the link to the UPS article

http://multichannelmerchant.com/news/ups-announces-2016-general-rate-increase-of-4-9-to-5-2-16102015/
>>
>Have 6 USPS First Class packages with zero tracking updates ranging from 9-14 days ago.

WHAT THE FUCK?!
>>
>>1015628

It's the holidays.

Get ahead of the ball. Message your buyers now and say that it's been in the mail and USPS is experiencing holiday delays and that you're sorry
>>
How the fuck do you deal with stupid fucking retarded boomer faggots who get buyers remorse?!?!?!

I am sick of selling an item then getting return requests cause they "don't like it" or it "wasn't what they expected".

This isn't kohles you boomer pieces of shit I don't take fucking returns. I tie their funds up for as long as possible but that doesn't seem to deter them. How do I combat this? Post no description and say buy at your own risk then personally dispute every case with eBay Pajeet intermediary system?
>>
>>1015645

Sell no returns accepted. Or charge restocking fee.
>>
>>1015647

I do both of these. EBay buyer protection pretty much guarantees them their money back even if you say no returns
>>
>>1015645
>>1015647

You'll have to accept it as a part of business for now.

If you choose to not accept returns then they'll open up a INAD case which is completely opinionated and even if you get the buyer to admit fault you still risk a chance of the automated system dinging your account. Then you have to call up Ebay and try to find a USA rep that can help.

Now if you just accepted returns within 30 days no questions you'll deal with the bullshit returns but you'll also protect your account from getting suspended.

Also restocking fees aren't the best idea because if someone doesn't want to pay or they don't think it's their fault will result in them opening a INAD to bypass your restocking fee.
>>
>>1015645
ebay will fuck you up in almost every situation, just suck it up it's part of the grind.
>>
How much net profit do you guys usually make per month?
Right now I'm at around $500 or $600 but I just dumped another $240 into testing out new products.

Also, if anyone could recommend a good label printer that'd be great.
>>
>>1015948

I was scoring $700 - $800 a month until my nitch dried up. I'm starting to spread my self out and I'm getting involved in other ventures that seem to be lifting off. About to try a new one right about now, see if it goes according to plan.

How do you save on shipping btw?
>>
>>1016067

Media Mail.

First time you get caught, no fine, no jail, just a negative feedback and 1 fucked up sale.

After you get caught cut it out
>>
>>1016072

Media mail for all you mean?
>>
>>1016075

Yeah. You will get caught. You will get a very, very, threatening letter in the mail, your buyer will get a bill for the shipping cost, and neg you.

But it's worth it because on that one fuck up you save so many thousands of dollars.

If you get caught again, you go directly to big boy fuck you in the ass jail, do not collect $200 at go,
>>
>>1016082

Much appreciated, but losing my anal virginity isn't worth it.

What sells as far as fashion? I know Gucci was all the craze with gen x and some of gen y, but I'm not seeing much of that around anymore unless trailer trash or shaniqua is in the vicinity.
>>
>>1016067
I still use Ebay's bulk shipping service. I should probably be using something else, but I'm waiting until I buy a label printer first.
>>
"Buy High, Sell Low Edition"
Kek
>>
Where do y'all get your inventory from? Do you import from China? You don't have to reveal specific niche, but a source would be helpful!
>>
>>1016125

I'm doing 1.3 million a year in sales in stuff I buy on ebay alone.

Granted last year I made $45,000 on that 1.3mil in sales, and working 90 hour weeks, that works out to... 10 bucks an hour.

But man there is always that hope you know, that twinkle in your eyes, never lose it.
>>
>>1016128

>$45,000 on that 1.3mil in sales

How does that even work?
>>
>>1016128
It's tough, sure, but you set your own hours, you can take a vacation if needed, and you don't have to worry about office politics or brown nosing people higher than you in the company hierarchy.
>>
>>1016129
If you're buying on eBay to resell on eBay, it's doable, but the majority of profit margins can be razor thin.
>>
>>1016132

Why buy on eBay to resell on eBay?
>>
>>1016128
How are you only making 45,000 off of 1.3 mil? Taxes must be a pain in the ass right?

I make around 20 - 30% profit off of what I sell, you're more like 3%. Why do you do this to yourself? I'm sure there must be a more efficient way of conducting your business.
>>
>>1015638
Did just that, my question is will the packages receive a scan before delivery? I have buyers claiming they haven't received anything yet.

14 FUCKING DAYS. WHAT THE FUCK?!
>>
>>1016133

To feed myself?

>>1016130

No man, that's the thing, if I stop working I'll get killed because the other people in my space are working 90 hours a week and they don't take vacations and they are gunning for me all day every day and I'm gunning for them and we're undercutting each other by 1 cent every day trying to drive each other out of business

I have 8,000 ebay listings up for sale every day my competitors go and undercut me by 1 penny on items where my profit is 10 pennies so I go down another penny and now it's 8 pennies

If I take a vacation they sell their shit for higher price make more money buy more of the inventory I'm bidding against them for... sell their stuff for more, pay less for the stuff,,,

I need to keep going until someone snaps, me or them
>>
>>1016141

I was just thinking what >>1016136 was saying is all.
>>
>>1016136

Dude, this 3% profit is an industry standard. There is no more efficient way. I go to dumps and I take the packing peanuts and boxes people throw out and load them in my truck so I can save you know, 3 cents on each sale,

I buy tape in quantities of 500 rolls

You feel me? This is all a logistics play here, with 3% margins, if you aren't good with logistics and running at max efficiency you're dead in the water
>>
>>1016146
Sounds like a pretty shitty way to conduct business. You've gotta take a break at some point in time.

I'm screen-capping all of your posts because they're really sad yet pretty funny.
>>
>>1016150
Also, how are taxes for you? Do they tax the gross profit?

I don't really know how to do them seeing as how this is my first year above the age of 18.
pls help.
>>
File: what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.png (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.png
19KB, 400x400px
>>1016156
>Insults anon's business model
>Asks a Business 101 question about whether it's Net Income or Gross Income that's taxed
>>
>>1016161
I'm not insulting it, but rather questioning why he's going through with it. Working 90 hours a week and being stressed usually isn't good no matter what.

I'm assuming it's net income though. Thanks for the answer.
>>
>>1016150

I mean dude, if I take a break, I have no degree, no skills, I've been out of work for years because I've been doing this shit, and my competitors will swoop in and kill me.

This stuff I sell, it's mostly computer components. CPUs, RAM, etc.

This shit, I buy you know, 100 pieces for $8 each, because I can sell them for $13 and make a $2 profit per item, they take a week to come in the mail, and in that fucking week, they go from $13 in sale price to $11.5, and know it's a fucking 50 cent profit per piece.

If I go on fucking vacation, I'm dead. Life, over, ruined.

I work 90 hours a week anon, you think I have friends? a girlfriend? no, I have motherfucking ebay, I can't lose this shit or I'm nothing.

I think what I would really like to do would be a consultant for some huge companies, and figure out ways they can save you know, .05 cents per sale here, .01 cents per sale there, because I'm good at that, logistics, I have a gift.

But man, if I work 40 hours one week and spend 30 hours looking for a job, suddenly, you know, all my hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory has gone down 10% in price, so I'm stuck till I die
>>
File: fmu fam.jpg (71KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
fmu fam.jpg
71KB, 640x640px
>>1016150

lol

>>1016156

For taxes (per my Uncle's law advice) for merchants, you can only add what you sold to your taxes.

So let's say you

>Bought 100 Eggs to sell on eBay
>$400 total, $4/Eggman
>Sold 60 eggs throughout the year
>40 left

You only get to remove 60% of the COG (cost of goods sold).

Meaning, on your taxes you can only claim $240/COG for that year.

Crazy right? I thought you could just say you spent $400. But that would be confusing for doing your taxes the next year if you were to bring over the old inventory.
>>
>>1016141
You're what we call a bottom feeder. Find a better niche.
>>
>>1016165
My initial niche was going to be computer components like you, I was always good with building computers and such. I knew it was gonna be a bitch though with that deprecation and the duds, so I made sure to steer far away from it.

Have you considered hiring someone for like 20k a year?

If I were you I would stop and try to pick up a trade, that's all.
If you feel like you should keep doing what you're doing that's fine too.
Thanks for replying.

>>1016167
Thanks for the info about dividing up the cost of goods, I honestly feel like I might've made that mistake otherwise.

>Eggman
I know he's gone, no need to rub it in.
>>
God, why is eBay's fucking unpaid item processing so shit. Two faggots who aren't paying up and eBay is still giving them two more days.
>>
>>1016169

Oh yeah yo, I'll just go ahead and find some magic money tree and pluck the magic money leaves and the magic money fairy will come and give me some money.

There's no exit from this business because I have my life savings in the form of $500,000 in inventory sitting on ebay, right now, for sale, each item going down 1% in price every day for each day it doesn't fucking sell

All I've done is invest every penny into new inventory because the way the buisness tends to work is you sell you know, X% of your listings every day, so if you wanna make money, you better have a huge number of listings for sale.

I eat fucking beans so I can buy more inventory and I work 90 hours a week I'm in too deep to give up now
>>
File: mmm-mmm-MMM.gif (153KB, 674x440px) Image search: [Google]
mmm-mmm-MMM.gif
153KB, 674x440px
Don't you just love the holidays when you have no life :^)
>>
>>1016174
Let it go, man. You are literally going to kill yourself. What you're doing is literally hell on earth and no person ever deserves to go through that stress. Take your computer components and shit to the scrap yard, get a chunk of your money back (yes I know it will be less...but isn't it worth being free?). Then find an actual job. I have faith, anon.
>>
>>1016174

Nigga you're going to die of stress. Lets be honest, there is almost no way for you to suddenly turn this into a way where you make enough profit to get out of the game. Sel the rest of your inventory off and call it quits. Go flip burgers or be a cashier while you take night classes or something so you're not working 90 hours a week in 40 years.
>>
>>1016171

The duds are NOT a problem. The depreciation is.

The only way you make a business out of this is you take every dollar you make, and throw it back into inventory, because this just a math game, where we have X% of our items selling per day, every day, and we need to make sure that X is a big as possible, and when that X is a few million dollars, you start to make real money.

But that's a grind dude. I've been doing it for 10 years and I have $1000 in my personal bank, $50,000 in the business's account, and $600,000 in inventory for sale. And that 600k for sale represents you know, everything I've done with my life.

But now we're in a race here, because that 600,000$ in inventory depreciates by 6,000$ every day. So you have to make OVER $6,000 in profit off your sales, per day, to break even just on the depreciation.

Once I have you know, millions for sale, I'll be doing a lot better because I'll be making the profit faster and be able to increase that inventory faster and faster, but the more inventory, the faster you have to run
>>
>>1016180
>>1016179

No can do my man. I'm gonna keep it up, till I have 10 million in inventory, and then I can retire, let the shit sit for sale on ebay, meet a nice girl, have some kids, eat steak,

you guys will see man
>>
>>1016174
there's people lurking this thread laughing at your posts lol
>>
>>1016193

You guys can laugh all you want, but I'm 27 and I'm worth about $600,000, if I walked away from it today and just waited for everything to sell and quit.

And that's cause I put it in the blood and the sweat, and I'm not stopping anytime soon.

It's proof man, that if you just fucking grind it out, you can make it, I had no connections and no money when I started and I was just a kid with a dream, a kid that sat around at the dump all day waiting for people to throw away broken computers so I could sell the parts, and now look, I made something you know, of myself.

I don't think to bad with my life.

And I don't wanna slow down, or quit, I want to WIN, to beat those other guys on ebay gunning for me, I want to be there on top,
>>
>>1016193
>>1016186
I don't think I've stopped desu.

Jokes aside, you should liquidate and invest in a new business.
>>
>>1016200
Nevermind, I just saw your previous post. Keep goin for it man!
>>
>>1016198
Quite the inspiration anon. Im also 27
>>
>>1016198
Im guessing youve used liquidation.com?

Its like ebay but for bulk and sometimes broken stuff
>>
>>1016206

Used it. Didn't like it much.

The best stuff I get is from scrap yards. It's not enough for full time work so I do other work too, like the stuff I buy on ebay and resell.

All those connections, I made them going around, door to door, saying hey man are you going to throw all that in the furnace? Because if you let me poke around and pull some stuff out I'll give you cash for it.

To be honest, they're mostly rats. Slimey rats, they pay attention to the stuff I pull out, then they know what to look for, hire someone to sell the stuff on ebay and just cut me out.

Then I end up buying that shit from them on ebay,
>>
>>1016141
holy shit your one of those chinese sweatshops that sell shit for 99 cents with free shipping.

>>1016165
you think I have friends? a girlfriend? no, I have motherfucking ebay, I can't lose this shit or I'm nothing.

that right there is your slogan

>>1016174
look your a hadworker dont botehr explaining to these neets, just make sure your saving some this money for a bigger more profitable buisness , you cant be doing this for the rest of your life

just saw ur new posts , yeah great that you have long term plan. keep up the good work
>>
>>1016213

Well, there's two basic parts to what I do.

There's the really low margin, 8 cents per sale profit stuff, that I do, but only if I have you know, 100+ of the item, just make 1 listing and boom 100 of them for sale.

I have so many tens of thousands of items like that...

The other shit I do is stuff where I sell it for thousands, medical equipment, really expensive XEON cpus, that kinda shit, but that requires making an ad for each item, 1 by 1, and that's how you end up working 90 hours/week
>>
>>1016212
Link me to your page anon. I'll bookmark it and if you have something I need I'll use you instead of unknowingly using your competition.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-28-19-41-42.png (225KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-28-19-41-42.png
225KB, 1080x1920px
I think this may be him, joined 10 yrs ago exactly
>>
>>1016221
On 2nd thought nah, only 100 listings
>>
>>1016218
Seconding. You seem like a cool, slightly crazy, but cool guy.
>>
I just had an idea... you could buy broken down motorcycles and dortbikes on craigslist and part them out just like computer parts
>>
File: creative_meme.jpg (173KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
creative_meme.jpg
173KB, 960x720px
>>1016232

"Buyer requests a return of item Dirt Bike Engine ~Model6969"

>Reason: "Item not as described"
>Days till respond to request: 4 days
Accepts return
>Receives run down version of Model6969
>"the buyer ripped me off!"
>Please understand this is the cost of doing business
>"I have a video of me unpacking the return!"
>We do not have a department that reviews videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFFG-lq_x84
>mfw I paid $5 for this meme
>>
Jesus fucking christ, you fags need to get better niches.

It is better to sell less items with a higher markup than it is to shit out items where you make 1% margin.

>buy item from Japan for $180 delivered
>buy additional item domestically, add it to Jap item
>Sell for $800 plus postage
>10% ebay fees
>$720
>ebay fees
>Paypal fees
>$696
>$516 profit

I imported 8 of these things, sold 6 so far. It's all about scarcity on the domestic market and availability on the international market. If your customers are stupid, their money is easily parted.

Also, if you can find something that is 30 years old, but is completely new and unused, well you're going to be able to command higher money for it.
>>
>>1016141
So why aren't you buying cases of stuff from China or at least dealing with a real distributor?!
>>
File: pooBay.png (97KB, 699x725px) Image search: [Google]
pooBay.png
97KB, 699x725px
Holy shit, wtf India?
>>
>>1016244
I mean really break it down. To the atoms
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-28-20-26-51.png (542KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-28-20-26-51.png
542KB, 1080x1920px
Heres an example
>>
>>1016273

Here's another version that will explain it better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rb6i8MH_dI

I'm saying, if you plan on selling parts, especially to a demographic of people that ride dirtbikes, get ready to have those parts swapped out.

>captcha: cltrst Atoms
>>
>>1016277
I respectfully disagree... the risk is too low

I had a buyer earlier this year open up a case against me so I looked up his eBay name and found his business and found his facebook and his family and I started very subtly threatening his family

it turns out I was in the wrong though and apologized to the guy because I actually had never shipped his stuff
>>
File: 1450168613483.jpg (57KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1450168613483.jpg
57KB, 421x421px
>>1016280

I'm going to bed, thank you for making my night .
>>
>>1016247
ballpark category you're in? onegai. i'm guessing auto parts though.
>>
File: tumblr_lx6x357cgq1qzydh2o3_250.gif (496KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lx6x357cgq1qzydh2o3_250.gif
496KB, 245x160px
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 500x333px
>>1016280
>>
>>1015416
I'm starting to sell some stuff on ebay. But, they recently added a bunch of shit limitations on new. sellers, like a $200 cap each month for 3 months or something like that. SUPPOSEDLY you can get the limit raised thru good feedback and calling and asking for one, which I will do, but ebay is notoriously fickle

Anybody know some surefire ways to circumvent this or do I have to play the game?
>>
>>1016280
fuckign kek
>>
>>1016164

I mean, I understand it oddly enough and I'd take it over my current job. Ever since working with eBay, I've wanted to do nothing but. It is a different feeling of being able to wake up whenever and really be your own boss, though 3% I'd be working on upping that.
>>
File: image.png (888KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
888KB, 640x960px
how do you fucks start doing this, I spent 5 or so hours poking around alibaba and its ilk looking for everything and anything, and somebody is already selling whatever it is for like 30 cents profit when you take into account eBay/PayPal fees? I don't want your secrets, just things to read ect to get started, if there is anything like that.
>>
>>1016165

>mostly computer components. CPUs, RAM, etc.

That would explain why 3% is your profit margin.

>I'm good at that, logistics, I have a gift.

You really do, I couldn't imagine counting pennies everyday.
>>
>>1016173

I've just relisted the item and canceled the order.
>>
>>1016174

You're eventually going to reach a point where it will all come crashing down. You will have a miniature 2008 in your life, you need to be like bears and dip out.
>>
File: 600000.jpg (63KB, 488x623px) Image search: [Google]
600000.jpg
63KB, 488x623px
>>1016198

>I'm 27 and I'm worth about $600,000

Worth $600,000 in computer components.
>>
>>1016517
You do realise everyone has ids so we can see who posts what right?
>>
>>1016165
>all my hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory has gone down 10% in price, so I'm stuck till I die
Well no actually, you just need to stop ordering shit and work your 90hrs until current inventory is sold, then get a standard shit-tier job to pay bills while you sort yourself out
>>
>>1016247

I'm slowly getting there...

> buy item from contact for $6
> sell said item for $25
> shipping cost is $2.50

That's one of my ventures, I'm just needing a larger scale is all for that nitch.
>>
>>1016519

Yes and I just shit posted 6 times, 7 including this one.
>>
>>1016521
>nitch
Why do people say this?
It's a niche.

>>1016510
>>1016513
>>1016514
>>1016517
>>1016521
>>1016527
Nice posting friend.
>>
>>1016198
>mfw getting computers people are throwing away, and selling them component by component and making $100+

How the hell can I get into the dump though? Can I just walk in?
>>
>>1016508
Try finding items locally. Hit up thrift stores, swapmeets, retail stores for clearance items. I went to Gamestop today and scoured the place for a bit and walked away with like some profitable items. I got started by selling off my game collection.
>>
>>1016539
Sure, if not then ask who ever is in charge.
>>
>>1016588
do you feel in charge?
>>
>>1016539

Look, go to rich areas, walk in, wear something that looks like a rich person would wear, you feel me?

Then just go in, look like you belong there, no flicking your eyes around, no playing with your hands, etc.

If you get called out for not living there, talk to the attendant. Tell him 'look if you this this or this set it aside and I'll pay you CASH MONEY for it ok?' and then check in once a week see what he's got, pay him like 33% of what it's worth in cash up front. Probbally gonna be a few grand in shit
>>
>>1016588

No no no all wrong.

You don't ask them if it's ok.

These dump attendants, if they hassle the residents of the town, they'll get fired. They all know the person on the city council who knows the town recycling committee chair, whatever.

So if you look and act like a resident, they will not bother you.

But if you don't act like one, and it's obvious enough that they're willing to risk their job on it, they will shit all over you because they're job is taking people's (literal and figurative) shit all day and now theres YOU someone THEY can shit on.

If you get caught, don't lie and say you're a resident, just ask them how they'd like to make a boatload of money for doing 0 extra work
>>
File: bidrape.jpg (90KB, 982x529px) Image search: [Google]
bidrape.jpg
90KB, 982x529px
tfw you snipe this shit out of someone.

There ever a better feel?
>>
>>1016277
>sneaker cunts

The people that actually buy these for fun deserve to get hosed. Fuck sneaker culture.
>>
File: foiled scam.png (232KB, 1169x901px) Image search: [Google]
foiled scam.png
232KB, 1169x901px
>Buyer buys red version of item (1 week earlier) $49.99
>Same buyer buys green version of item (1 week later) $89.99
>Receives green version
>Opens return
"Item not as described, he sent wrong color"
>Ask buyer pic related
>Did you say you received a FULL SET of the wrong color?
"Exactly"

Call eBay up, don't even need to upload video proof of when I shipped the green version (I record shipping anything worth over $50).

>Tell rep that the buyer claims he received a "Full set" of the wrong color, but provides photo of empty sets.
>eBay looks at photo provided of the supposed "wrong color"
>eBay looks at buyers previous purchase
>eBay closes case out in my favor

Some of you are slow so let me explain it further

He said he received a full set of the red version, but the photo he provided showed there were parts of the set missing (a black piece). So tell me, why would he use said so wrong version, when he was trying to return it?

Simple, he used up the red version and wanted to return the empty shells/accessories.

So all in all, there were 5 reasons why he lost the case, eBay only had to choose one to close it out in my favour.

1. Altercation of item (missing pieces)
2. Contradicting statement
3. Clear case of swap with proof of previous purchase
4. ******* **** ***** ** **** ** ****** ****** *** *******
5. Video proof
>>
>>1016490
You call and they raise the limit. They have had the policy in place for several years now, mostly to combat drop shoppers with gigantic inventories.
>>
>>1016873
This just means you were willing to pay more for an item than anyone else in the world.
>>
File: another1.jpg (49KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
another1.jpg
49KB, 600x413px
New competition comes in

>Copies entire store + he sells counterfeit material
Okay, he should go away soon...no one would be dumb enough to keep selling counterfeits with legitimate items.
>Stay priced higher than him thinking he'll go away
>1 Week Passes
>He sells out of one of my main selling item he copied
Okay, it's over?
>He comes back few days later with more inventory
>get one of his listing shut down (adult material in wrong category)
>revise some of my listings to boost sales
>submit VERO since he was dumb enough to literally copy my listing (brand website incl)
>reduce price for main item he copied (I'm the top seller of item)
>report him for duplicate acc (he thinks he's smart changing cities)

24Hours later
Me: 80+ sales
Him: "0"

Could do more, let's just wait it out...
>>
>>1017181

Turns out he's already receiving negative feedbacks for the one item he thought would be an easy sale

lol
>>
>>1017070
that's kinda the whole point of auctions anon. It's if you bidded up too much over the true value is the issue. 376 is the average cost of the item in question
>>
>>1017191

And you bought it for 380? You're an imbecile, good luck.

Valuing your time at $00/hr fair assessment) , you will get

376$

-aprox 9% in ebay +pp fees

$338

at which point you know get to pay

(X shipping) x 1.09 (ebay takes fees on shipping cost too).

Unless of course this bid wasn't in the course of business, yeah?
>>
>>1017198
this was a for personal purchase yeah. I just meant to to talk about the fun of sniping bids.
>>
>>1017207

Hey, what's the purpose of bid snipers?

It seems like everyone other than me uses them

The only logical advantage I can see is you stop the seller from biding you up.

That's why right?
>>
>>1017217
Ok... i may just be too simple, but...

Havr you given any thought to partneringwith the other dude selling computer parts? You could both double your annuannual take home and watch each other's backs during vacation.
>>
I'm hearing news about a class action lawsuit against eBay. Can we all get some monies for our inconveniences?
>>
>>1017301
And thus the duopoly was born.
>>
>>1016174
you're a fucking trader bro, i got respect for that.

two questions for you:
why do you need to sit there and work at this shit so much, couldn't all the buying/selling be automated?

how much would you get if you liquidated that half mil in inventory if you only had a month to move it all?
>>
>>1017525

Eh, the selling of componments can be automated.

The way I 'automate' it is because I have you know, guys that buy, memory, cpus, commodities like that and I send them a spreadsheet and then they send me you know, a check and they sell what they bought from me a 3% profit.

As for other parts, not really. Requires a human to sit and do it. Customers complain if they get an item and it has a tiny scratch that wasn't mentioned so you need to inspect this stuff, grade it, every thing is different, post it for sale,

Look, liquidating it is impossible. Some of this stuff, someone breaks laptop XXXYX, once a month, and they need XXX part for it, that happens you know, once a month. And whoever is seling that part for the least money at that point in time gets the sale.

Simple as that. The 600k of stuff I have, I will sell it for 600k. It's just a matter of time, because the fast moving commodities get pushed in and out at paper thin margins to generate money to buy the machines that provide those once a month high margin sales, and you know, pay for warehouse rent and my beans

>>1017301

A lot of people in this business do that, I've never been about that. I'd rather operate alone and just try and outperform others, even partnerships
>>
>>1017559
Your a marine bro. Much /biz/ love!
>>
>>1017217
because a lot of buyers don't bid logically, they bid like scared retards afraid of paying too much one moment and then over-paying the next. If you bid late and bid your max, you don't give them time to edge the price up $1 per bid.

Also people will want to buy an item and Watch it but let it end just to see if the seller relists lower. If you snipe the listing, you don't give them time to change their mind.

it's also more exciting than placing a bid and waiting 5 days i guess.
>>
Hey guys, I was that guy buying Chinese light bulbs in the last thread. I just found some from Lowes for $0.68 per bulb, while similar ones are selling on eBay for $1.70+ per bulb. The ones I bought were dimmer and $1 each.

I know you people are looking for stuff to buy and resell, so I thought some of you might be interested in that. I don't want to do it, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to tell you people.

pls put the Chinese out of business.

Here's a link to the cheap light bulbs I saw from Lowes if you're interested.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_557094-75774-LA450830LED_1z10ht3__?productId=50159323&Ns=p_product_price|0&pl=1#BVRRWidgetID
>>
>>1016256
>at least dealing with a real distributor
Yeah, that's not all its cracked up to be. If it's toys, in particular, there is no point. For what many distributors charge (upfront and in hidden surprises), you're better off buying from Japanese retail. And even then people are so crazy cheap that it's tough to make a literal buck.
>>
>>1017679
Holy fuck, I just changed the location on ordering those lights and it turns out they are $1.50 in another area, so it looks like their prices vary by area. Sorry about that.
>>
>>1016216
You sound like the type of person who could actually hire someone to list your items rather than the craigslist scammers that just want to take your ebay account for a ride.
>>
File: bulbs.png (83KB, 711x680px) Image search: [Google]
bulbs.png
83KB, 711x680px
>>1017679

Nice, $1.24 over here.

Still not touching bulbs, seems like a job for a drop shipper.
>>
>>1017217
Because with sniping you only bid once, (if doing it right) and don't get caught in bidding wars to over pay, like say 10 minutes left, and the item is at 355$ selling at 370 normally, if you bid now, people could just keep +5$ing it. on and on. driving up the price. Part of it is not bidding at all until the last few seconds, this helps not attract as much attention to the item, and can keep the cost down, also keeping the attention of other bidders away really helps. Especially the ones who just keep getting their max bid pulled.

TL;DR
The less you bid the better, bidding once is the way to go. You should never bid until the last seconds. You will always win and or pay the max you wanted. without getting shilled into bid wars
>>
>>1017820

I'll start sniping.

usually what I do is a see the item with 5 days left, I want to pay you know, at max, $100, so I bid 101.03 and walk away.

But I guess I'm costing myself money huh because some sellers will bid on alt to see what my bid is then retract this bid and come back with a 101.02 bid to force me into paying 101.03
>>
>>1017823
>But I guess I'm costing myself money huh because some sellers will bid on alt to see what my bid is then retract this bid and come back with a 101.02 bid to force me into paying 101.03

yeah basically there is no point to bidding before the last few seconds.

You will only drive the price up, attract other current bidders and or new ones.
I mean really unless it's just something no-one buys how unlikely is it no-one will bid in the next 5 days?

>>1016873
Sometimes it's luck too. i got just a head of a sniper by one second.
trick is to keep two windows open at the same time of the bid, with one ready to bid, the other watching the auction to see if the price changes. That and the whole max bid thing can end up adding a good 5 bids or so.

Like say its at 80$ and your max is one 100$ so now ergo 85$ (incremenets could be different depending on price.) if people keep bidding it will keep pulling your auto bid to rebid the lead. And you could add 5-10 bids of attention and price raising, over just 20$.
>>
File: shady.png (67KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
shady.png
67KB, 800x600px
>>1017679

That's some shady shit.
>>
i scam virtual item sellers on ebay by claiming item not received. how does it make you faggots feel?
>>
>>1018152
how's your family doing?
>>
>>1017679
>>1017767
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keaE7QTKTYE

Never buy LEDs from eBay.
>>
>>1018209
Luckily I don't use GU10 lights so that problem wont happen. Also mine are entirely plastic, so even if it was life in the front, you would have to actually touch the light itself with the cover off to get electrocuted, which could happen with an incandescent if it didn't have any glass, but they do have glass, and my lights do have covers, so this is not a concern.

also, kek at that related video
>>
File: 1451360299631.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1451360299631.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>1018144
>>
>>1018144
New York right? I'm getting the same numbers as you.
>>
Holy shit the scammers on ebay are out in full force.....

>try to sell laptop worth $1900, afterall I can list 5 things and only pay 50% final value fee! What a deal for such an expensive item.

>Immediately a few ebayers with accounts created LITERALLY TODAY send me offers for ~1800.

> one guy with a seemingly legitimate account sends me an offer for $1850 , hes been on ebay since 2011 with over 130 feedback,

> buys item but hasnt paid yet, I take a look at the trans details....

> oh great a chinese name and clearly an address for an international forwarding service...

>Google it, it on multiple ebay forums and has been reported for scamming literally over 100 times.

>everything matches up but the name if the ebay account, figures, hes got positive feedback that has negative things written in it warning folks like me.

>immediately send an invoice with a $1k shipping charge to stop the guy from being able to pay me and I then cancel the transaction claiming technical error and hope he agrees, if not fuck him he wont pay and ill be credited the final vale fee after 10 days.

>Now depressed because if I relist he will just buy again(plus all the other scammers) and theres only one day left for me to get 50% off final value fees.

Pic related. I swear, I hope these guys burn in hell.

Guess ill be keeping the laptop now... I wanted to pay off some of my crazy high credit card debt... I was going to profit about $1000 on this.
>>
File: Capture.png (4KB, 354x93px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4KB, 354x93px
>>1019404
fugg wrong picture.... heres the right one.
>>
>>1019404
>>1019407

the scam was to claim not as described and then send back a similar but broken laptop.

At least that is what the forums foretold.

Also, I knew he was scamming when he asked how much I wanted for my other laptop....
>>
Can someone remind me why it's not a good idea to mark an international package as a gift?
>>
>>1019501
If the items are high ticket they can be seized by customs. Also tariffs are a thing.
>>
>>1019503
I marked a $300 package as a gift without thinking twice about it until now.

lol oops
>>
>>1019404
You can actually bar people from buying your stuff if they have low feedback scores or didn't pay you in the past. Bug support for details.
>>
>Buyer accepts my counter offer on high value item.
>Doesn't pay.

welp gg
>>
How do you guys ship inventory? Are there any services you can use so you don't have to deal with inventory yourself?
>>
>>1019554
>winning bidder doesn't pay
>offer chance to second highest bidder
>doesn't care either
>have to relist item
>sells for $30 less

gee thanks
>>
What are some good ebay seo strategies? Usually I just make a good title and listing, but I'm willing to go all out if my extra work will double or triple my views/sales.

What are good categories to do research in? (ie food, kitchen, etc) that have a good success rate from China? When I did headphones, about 10%~15% were viable. Same with cologne.
>>
>tfw I found an untapped market where I live and make 50-500% markup off of every item I sell

Nothing better than buying something for a dollar and watching it sell for fifty. Also, fuck eBay Etsy Amazon Craigslist and Alibaba. The way of the future online sale is owning your own virtual store.

That is until Amazon and eBay team up buy a few lobbyists and put them out of business. Might not happen for 10 years though. Get on it quick

Also to Mr computer parts salesman you are a god damn fool. 600K is nothing for working 90 hrs a week for 10 years. You are the reason eBay is garbage. I hope you buy some of my garbage and try to make 3% off of it while I sit back and laugh with the other 47% top kek
>>
File: efor.png (314KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
efor.png
314KB, 1024x736px
>>1019659

>The way of the future online sale is owning your own virtual store

This

Take eForcity for instance, these guys are so successful other people are branding their aftermarket cases/accessories after them.

>Tfw a competitor starts drop shipping your item
I don't know how to feel f@m
>>
>>1019659

Smart monkey takes as many of the seeds from the last harvest as he can and plants them... stupid monkey says 'ooh a $40 banana'
>>
>>1019699

>investing in bananas when the rainforest is being cut down

Ya dun goofd

Get with the times
>>
>>1019699

lol this just confirmed you're either Chinese or Indian
>>
>>1019705

volume business is never gonna die

it's the way of the future

>>1019705

would you rather take a 1000 unit x 50$ 50,000$ sale, that generates $5000 in Free cash and reinvest it into a 55,000$ order or sell 2 banana a day for $50 that you paid $1 for?
>>
>>1016513
Eh I just let ebay take care of that for me. They never paid up so it was automatically relisted. "An unpaid item has been marked on their account". Yeah too bad I can't fucking see it.
>>
>>1019712

Would I rather gross 36K (100 x 365 ur numbers not mine) a year doing 15 minutes of work a day or spend 90 hrs a week for 10 bucks an hours? WTF do you think?

BTW you're not the mouse that fell into the cream and churned it into butter and walked out. You're the monkey that stuck his hand in the trap to grab the bait and couldn't get out because he wouldn't let go. Hope you get out some day best wishes.
>>
>>1019725

Why would you withdraw revenue from a 100% owned corporation?

My personal savings account went from $1000 to $1000 in 2015.

My Company gained 45k free cash and + 97,000$ inventory.

No income tax, no problems.
>>
>>1018209
what retard touches a light bulb that is plugged in and turned on?
>>
>>1019725
>>1019730

I have a $300,000 purchase order where I get paid, I get the CPUs, I make you know, .1% commission on a good day.

To put them in a box and send them.

It's in the mail, to me, right now. It lands on my desk, I take the label off, I put a make one a new and put it on, and throw it in a pile.

Stupid monkey says 'maybe I get my banna sales from 1---> 2 day with my stupid monkey brand SEO!'
>>
>>1017679

OP, .68cents per lightbulb? Shows 2.48 here.

You wanna make some money?

Do they sell the 6 packs of them?

I'm very prepared to send you some money if they do. All you have to do is get them, put them in a box. That's it.

I can teach you how to make sure they don't break. I'll even have UPS come and get it.
>>
>>1019731
The problem with the one in that video was how close the live part is to the metal. If the live part touches the metal part and you touch the metal part you get electrocuted.
>>1019741
I shit you not, they lowered the price to $0.55 in my area. If they were in stock I would gladly send you some.
>>
>>1019869

Out of stock? Figures.

That's a shame anon.
>>
>>1018152
Lol, you realise that seller got your personal info?

I got scammed by a guy in US (I'm from Canada) on Ebay for a 1200$ item.

Paid 300$ to a crackhead to fuck that guy up.

Ended up raping his wife.
>>
>>1021114
Cool made up story bro.
>>
>>1018152
Good for you buddy, just following ebay's t&c, nothing wrong with that. keep it up!
>>
File: gentleman-in-monocle.png (93KB, 640x523px) Image search: [Google]
gentleman-in-monocle.png
93KB, 640x523px
I'm about to jump into investing in a basket of things from China and reselling them on eBay - I've worked out my product and have got a few people who are able to work for me on my end.

I'm looking for someone to advise on the project - and i'll cut you in (i.e. pay you for your advice). I'm supplying all the capital from my other investment projects.

If you're interested in jumping on, flick your credentials to [email protected].

and yes I'm going to make you prove you're not full of shit
>>
File: west v fat lizard.jpg (27KB, 614x383px) Image search: [Google]
west v fat lizard.jpg
27KB, 614x383px
>>1016206
Dude, why is everyone online giving liquidation.com a shitty rating?

What has your experience been with them and do you have any tips when shopping there?
>>
Things that never happened: By Anon;

>>1021114
>>
>>1021680
"I'm dropshipping, help me."

Another shit tale by Anon.
>>
>>1021680
you better not start dropshipping <50$ items like the other guys said and call that an investment, you're going to drown in neg feeds.
>>
>>1021741
It gets a shitty rep because it's the most popular. It's popularity means that the lots go for a premium which means you have much less profit.
>>
File: b.png (74KB, 936x522px) Image search: [Google]
b.png
74KB, 936x522px
Google showed me this retail price for a led bulb.
Living in Russia, and led is not cheap here. ($1 = 73 rub). But may be you guys tell me your needs and ill find here something interesting for you.
>>
>>1021741

Look,

I bought a trailer load of stuff from them, one time.

End of the day, by the time I was done selling it, I made peanuts.

It's bad supply. You can use it, but making money is a purely logistical play requiring huge amounts of capital to make pennies with STIFF competition.

I happen to buy truckloads of shit. I like the truckloads where I pay $200,000 and sell it for 500k- not the ones where I pay 200 and sell it for 220
>>
>>1022092

Sorry comrade- the shipping cost will kill any margins in the west.

But hey, udachi
>>
File: 112.png (379KB, 657x418px) Image search: [Google]
112.png
379KB, 657x418px
>>1022102
It depends.
Due to serious ruble devaluation prices are very low.
Thx.
>>
File: pos.png (784KB, 1129x825px) Image search: [Google]
pos.png
784KB, 1129x825px
"Delayed Transit"

triggered yet?

http://nypost.com/2015/12/29/overwhelmed-mailman-tosses-hundreds-of-holiday-presents-in-trash/
>>
>>1022128

Ok, you know, look, we are kin, we should try.

Maybe I can make something happen.

Units like that, SLBCH, what's your best and lowest on 100 units, landed to USA.
>>
>>1022128
>$28 USD

Wow I need to buy more of their goods holy shit.
>>
>>1022128

Also, are the chips engineering sample, or normal units, and what is the grade of shroud cover
>>
File: Capture.png (180KB, 695x608px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
180KB, 695x608px
>>1022140

I take back what I said

I wouldn't want to deliver in NY
>>
>>1022141
I cant offer you 100 units now, because it is an "Avito" ad. Avito is sth like craigslist. So i just searched for i7 in my city and got some links:
https://www.avito.ru/moskva/tovary_dlya_kompyutera/protsessor_i7_920_1366_696687176
https://www.avito.ru/moskva/tovary_dlya_kompyutera/intel_core_i7_920_705831365
Searching for 100 used units needs time. The price on brand new items not so low because its not producing here. But used goods saved old prices.
Actually i would offer something producing in Russia. The problem is to find a product made here with a demand abroad. Pic with cpu is for an example of low prices on used-items market.
>>
>>1022174

Ok, so, here's the problem for me.

In order for my gross margins to remain where I need them to be, I need you to get dozens of units, or similar units, in a short time frame.

Because this chip, I can buy it from you, and sell it.

But $100 for a $50 chip in shipping expense is a deal breaker, you understand?

If you can get, say, 100 of these and it is $200 in shipping cost, then we are in business.

Problem is, price goes down day by day. So I need them FAST- do you think you have the ability to put together a tested box of 100 of those in a week?

Doesn't have to be some step code, same ship, just

NO ES CHIPS***!!!

Xeon ok, laptop cpu, ok, etc
>>
>>1022196
Shipping cost is $20 for a kg.
I will look for something for you.
Could you mail me on [email protected]?
Do you sell new units or used only? How much would you give for a new i7 920?
>>
OP back to bitch about a recent buyer

>have lot of law books that hasn't sold for over a month
>big lot so local pickup
>couple hours ago say fuck it, do the math for shipping
>7 boxes, about $150 estimated or so anywhere in the lower 48
>explicitly say in the ad, largest font, color red, bolded and underlined
>literally about 12 minutes after I relist someone buys it now and pays
>only about 100 miles away so I figure they want to pick up
>message about pickup
>"lol no ship them"
>okay but as it says in the ad the calculated price it gives is not the total shipping cost
>"no you changed that after I bought it"

Is it legal to murder these people?
>>
>>1022913
It's legal to cancel the transaction at that point.
>>
>>1021741

Just don't ever go to one of those sites or where they're selling pallets in warehouses. You need to find your own private dealer, as that's where the money is really at.
>>
>>1019706

> being financially literature
> get made fun of
> top kek
>>
>>1022930
Is it? I've never had one like this before where they paid immediately after purchase.

I directed him back to the ad and told him if he wants it shipped I'll send the invoice for shipping if not he has until x date to come pick up the shit or I give him a refund.
>>
>>1021680

Not drop shipping. Transporting to AU, selling it in the domestic AU market. Still interested in people to come advise for dollars
>>
>>1016104
At least for men's fashion, I'm selling a lot of Hugo Boss, Brooks Brothers, Ermenegildo Zegna, Ralph Lauren Polo, and Nike. Sometimes Patagonia, but I'm pretty sure that sells well for women, too.
>>
>>1019404
Something like that happened to me as well.
Promotion were ebay only takes 1€ of final price commission, so I decide to sell something worth 500€. I sold it in 1 day, but the buyer still has to pay (3 days have passed already).
I'm not really mad about the wasted time but about the fact that by the time ebay says "yes, he won't pay, you can cancel your sale without any negative shit" the promotion will be expired so the next time I try to sell that thing I'll get 49€ less....
>>
>>1023128
Do you hit up thrift stores and resell these?

Also, does anyone have experience with importing raw materials? Looking at working a deal with local government to provide materials..
>>
>>1023227
finally a biz with a brain, thats the easiest way to make millions fast , importing raw materials for government deals. problem is all these government contracts are handed out to friends and families of the politicians. in the states its a bit easier but with more bureaucracy on were the products come from , quality control, 3rd worlds countries is easier but there u need family friends situation
>>
>>1023232
it's a good way to make money, but it's not easy at all.
Often you need to bribe both yours and the 3rd world country government
>>
>>1023242
i think we are talking about two different things , my way is legal , you just need government contract and import
>>
>>1022913
Real talk: If they're 100 mile away, why not pocket the shipping cost as gas money and drive them there? Get them to sign something saying that you delivered it.

Otherwise, I'd call ebay and have them advise, because if you cancel it, they will neg you.
>>
>sold a phone on Nov. 23
>guy gets the phone
>everything is fine
>5 days ago he opens a case against me saying he never received it
>ebay shut it down in my favor
>he then opens a case with paypal saying he never received it
>they then "showed him the tracking information" and gave him the option to close the case
>he has now changed his story to "I received the completely wrong item and I want my money back"
>paypal has already pulled money out of my account while they decide how to settle this

Its not about the money, its the fact that over a month later this dude can make up some lie and paypal is willing to even consider it, I even called them on the phone and they told me its a 50/50 on which way they will decide.
>>
>>1023491
if he leave negative on a canceled transaction because he didint want to pay for shipping , call ebay they will remove it
>>
File: CB.png (71KB, 1629x757px) Image search: [Google]
CB.png
71KB, 1629x757px
>>1023510

Happens all the time

Just keep reminding Paypal that he first claimed he never received it when it showed delivered.

If you win, you might still have to deal with a Chargeback. So don't go spending anytime soon .
>>
>>1023491
I offered that option yesterday, the calculated shipping through the auction was for one box out of seven, he ended up paying about $25 for shipping which would be the gas cost round trip.

He hasn't responded to any messages though in two days. I don't mind that he fucked up, I mean I'd like to believe that accidents happen. But I just want him to admit that he made a mistake and will work with me on either picking up/delivering/shipping/cancelling the order.

If he doesn't reply by tomorrow evening I'll just cancel the order and refund him
>>
>>1023128

Is fashion starting to shift towards men or is it just me?
>>
>>1024081
I blame the gays
>>
I've had a lot of luck selling vidya over the years but I never have a steady supply or else I'd be doing great. Before the holiday season I was profiting over 100 dollars per sale on special edition versions of games that were hard to come by.
>>
>>1024170

Oh I know what you're talking about, it truly is a cash crop.
>>
>Have $130+ in eBay bucks.
>Certificate was supposed to be issued yesterday.
>Never get it.
>Ask eBay on Twitter, wtf m8.
>They claim certificates are being issued today, and that there's some problem issuing them.

just an fyi
>>
>>1024554
I had something I could have gotten for free today with them. Sort of annoyed.
>>
>>1022092
I need Russian diamonds and gems in bulk. You guys have the largest diamond deposits in the world.
>>
>>1024678

There's one person in the world you can buy bulk diamonds from and it's not him dude.

At least do some market research. If you say you want to buy gas, you better have a gas station.
>>
>>1024680
The thing about my proposition is you never know. Next time I see a Colombian anon I'm going to check for emeralds, I am becoming a bench jeweler in my spare time, I just need that 1 diamond in the rough supplier and my hobby will be very lucrative.
>>
>>1024686
not knowing were to buy diamonds in bulk.... youre going to fail anon
>>
>>1024170
>>1024465
I guess it's because I'm not really a gamer anymore, but the few times I've looked into it I never saw a lot of profit.

What are some tips? What games do you look out for? Specific consoles, etc?
>>
>>1023227
Yeah. I've actually found that Goodwills and Salvation Armys are better than Anon's resale. They have so much inventory that they can't keep up with correctly pricing stuff/don't care as much as a resale shop. Also a lot of them have no idea what they have.

It helps that I live in/near well-off areas, though.
>>
>>1024794
Are there specific games and console you target though? When you say special editions can you give an example of one that you have sold for a large profit?

We have about 10+ of these Goodwills. I've perused the game sections before but again I suppose I need an example of what I should be looking for.
>>
>>1024799
fuck you trying to get spoonfed yo faggot, if you cant understand how to find a game that sells then your parents should have aborted you
>>
>>1024799

Example is stuff you can sell for more than you got it for.

Get it?

For example, I can buy your mother for $100. Assuming a blowjob from her is worth .50cents (markets set price based on quality of goods) my break even point is 200 dicks, NOT INCLUDING upkeep costs like gum and mouthwash and bread

Understand?
>>
>>1024825
Let me be clear, I know how to find *A* game to sell. I was curious to whether someone has actually dug down and got really targeted within video games. I've sold them before for a profit, but it the margins seem like a waste a time versus my normal niche.

>>1025145
Go chase your pennies, faggot.

Since no one could answer the raw materials question, I got in touch with the local city government buyer and am in the process of filling a RFB. I'll gladly answer any questions for others looking to get into this.

Has anyone had experience working with RFBs or worked as procurement/buyers for govt??
>>
Can I send an invoice after my buyer paid? How do I do that? Ebay doesn't say how on their invoice page, I read to just have the buyer send it through paypal to my email, but I am not sure how ebay will handle that.
>>
>>1025242

There's a little arrow on the item you sold

Click on it and click "send invoice", you can then edit the shipping price of the item.

This is good so you can force a buyer to pay a higher amount for an item if you feel they are trying to scam you.

Ex: You find out their address is a forwarding address
>>
>>1025257
You can also offer them different shipping options there as well.
>>
File: Capture.png (52KB, 976x451px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
52KB, 976x451px
>Send product to popular YouTuber who talks about products like yours
>Sell out in one week (cont)
>Months pass
>Other Tubers want you to send your other products to them to review

Why is being a Merchant so easy?
>>
>>1025273
nice bruh
>>
>>1025145
>gum and mouthwash and bread

10/10
>>
>>1025257
>>1025269
This one? Because I'm not seeing it
>>
>>1025368

Has the buyer already paid?
>>
>>1025371
Yes
>>
>>1025368
Buyer already paid so you can't send them an invoice
>>
>>1025273
what the fuck, nigeria?
Are 3dmousepads popular on youtube now?
brb minutes
>>
File: 1441113457416.jpg (12KB, 235x279px) Image search: [Google]
1441113457416.jpg
12KB, 235x279px
>>1025411

They already were
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXHyd8P5y44

Wrong Sku
>>
File: IMG_420.png (486KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_420.png
486KB, 1242x2208px
>>1024554
>>1024596

Looks like there was a problem
>>
>>1025420
I'm seriously considering giving it a shot, but goodamn it makes me cringe..
what should I do senpai? is 3dmousepad just a meme like sucking dicks?
not NA here btw
>>
I sent them an invoice through paypal. I specified 1 day handling time on eBay. If they don't pay it by tomorrow should I just cancel the order?
>>
>>1024799
Wrong person. I sell clothes. I've sold N64 games I've bought off of idiots before, though. And a few that I had found at Goodwill. But Goodwill's selection is mainly PS2 games there are hundreds of and because they have set prices for PS2 games (1.99/ea) it actually is a worse deal than even buying it from Gamestop or elsewhere. There are no real margins other than on special/limited edition games or old games, unless you're picking them up for cents on the dollar.
>>
So do you guys only stick to niches you know well? I see some of you mentioning auto parts but someone like myself couldn't do that because I know nothing about cars.
>>
>>1025491
Look at his sales on ebay. They sell, but not super fast. 99% of his sales are R-SIM cards.
>>
File: 1424172719529.jpg (102KB, 1016x521px) Image search: [Google]
1424172719529.jpg
102KB, 1016x521px
what kind of questions can I expect if I call in to increase my limits?
>>
>>1025674
Was he not doing 100k a year in sales?
>>
>>1025703
>Your mother's maiden name
>The first car you owned in state X
>The 4-digit address of your previous house
Creepy shit mane
>>
>>1025708
that's easy

i mean about my business and what i sale, what should I prepare for that
>>
>>1025712

apparently you're already pajeet so you should have no problem conversing with patel and achmed. try talking about different curry recipes
>>
>>1025747
ah, shitpost general
>>
>>1018144
wait why the fuck does the price even change if your in a different state?

i'm from canada but ive never heard of prices changing by location in the same fucking country
>>
File: oh no.png (276KB, 1918x1048px) Image search: [Google]
oh no.png
276KB, 1918x1048px
>>1025753
When you go past $50k they'll start asking you for a EIN.
(where you have to have a business bank acc, which means you have to register your business at your local town).

>>1025633
Yup, lol don't go copying someone just because you see great sales.
>>
>>1025767
>26 reviews
>96.4% Positive

Anon where are you going wrong with your customer service?
I have a little over 100 ratings and they're all 100% positive.
>>
>>1019725
The fuck is up with biz and all these allegorys holy shit yall can be fucking lame sometimes
>>
>>1025608

Craigslist usually have game stores that sell bulk games/dvds for under $1.

Always check, you'll never know what you'll find.

>>1025775
Wrong anon friend, that store tried copying my store, not knowing what came along with it. All he saw was numbers, thinking he could match without doing anything else. Crazy how his item got booted like that huh?

Looks like he's 1/2ing everything now, seeing it's not working so well...
>>
>>1025783
What is it that is "everything else"?

Be as vague as you want, but I'm genuinely curious what more would have to be done other than make sure the items are authentic.
>>
>>1025796

He sells fake make up/ e-cigs.

It's usually what every noob goes to sell when they see big numbers. You can tell it's fake just by the price, but if you want to go into detail you'll have to compare his photos to the real deal.

Amazon wouldn't take this shit, 5 days tops you'd be put under seeing how odd it is you somehow came across 100pcs of make up, they'll start asking questions. eBay on the other hand could care less until the brand decides to act, even if you're selling makeup that can potential fuck with someone's face... on a brand new acc.
>>
>>1025762
I've honestly never seen it before either. It's weird man.
>>
>>1025806
And you sell the e-cigs too?

I too am part of that market, nice to see another merchant near my market.
>>
>>1025767
yo bro if you go through all the trouble to hide everything but the item number, you can google the item number and look @ google's cache, showing the entire auction...
>>
>>1025812

I don't sell eCigs, too many parts, liquid involved, etc.

The post man always asks if "anything is liquid, fragile, or potentially hazardous", that's an e-cig.
But most of you don't care and pass it through the USPS.

>>1025813
lol well hey now, not going to make it easy.
>>
>>1025815
I don't sell e-cigs either, nor the liquid.

It's just close to my actual market.
>>
File: How about no.png (118KB, 944x475px) Image search: [Google]
How about no.png
118KB, 944x475px
>>1025820

ah, novelty items are pretty good sales, even if you have the Chinese selling it for cheaper people still want it from you instead.

That's all you do?
>>
>>1025830

I started out selling luxury goods, hundred dollar camera's, watches and whatnot, but it really wasn't worth the time learning about each individual item.

Now I do novelty items primarily, I just want to become one of the largest distributors of my particular sub-niche. Honestly I think I'll stay here forever, I'm only doing this to buy an FR-S for myself when I graduate highschool.

>Inb4 banned
I'm a senior mates.
>>
File: modular.png (758KB, 1550x927px) Image search: [Google]
modular.png
758KB, 1550x927px
>>1025820

Ayy nice, yea it's good to stick to what you know.
Most people...*cough* 7GarxBxp *cough* want to spam the market till they make money.

No problem there, just very risky imo unless you're using Amazon's FBA.

>>1025707
>>1025674
>>1025491
I told you winter was coming, it's passed.
>>
>>1025857

for >>1025846
>>
>>1025780

Full Definition of allegory

plural al·le·go·ries

: the expression by means of symbolic fictional figures and actions of truths or generalizations about human existence; also : an instance (as in a story or painting) of such expression

: a symbolic representation :

does math make you uncomfortable?
>>
>>1025867
>you're not the mouse that fell into the cream and churned it into butter and walked out. You're the monkey that stuck his hand in the trap to grab the bait and couldn't get out because he wouldn't let go.

It's obviously not the math mate.
>>
>>1025857
I just got around to reading what's in the picture.
Is he still here? Isn't that against import laws? Customs could've had that guy fucked up.

Do you try to expand to other niches or do you stay with a single one and try to get a large share of a smaller market?
>>
File: list.png (85KB, 987x846px) Image search: [Google]
list.png
85KB, 987x846px
>>1025876

I keep a list of potential things that could turn a profit, haven't updated it in a while so I don't even know if it's still valuable. Expanding is good, but I like to go after what's easy but not too easy...

also I'm the same person in the pic, and no I wasn't importing rattle sn... nvm
>>
>>1025885

The harder something is to sell generally, the less willing people to do it, and the less competition there is, so a higher value is placed on $ of labor

Sell the most, niche, expensive, convoluted stupid shit you can get your hands on.

Learn ALL about it. Become an expert
>>
File: Smart sellers think alike.png (261KB, 1903x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Smart sellers think alike.png
261KB, 1903x1073px
>>1025885
I think I'm going to try and import some snake tails and make maracas out of them and sell them on Etsy. Thanks for the idea.

Also I too have lists for what sells and all that other stuff.
I actually have a pdf that I payed $5 for from some guy on fiverr that is a compilation of good selling ideas. I don't follow it, but it was interesting to read through.

Pic related is my inventory list, It's a bit dated.

I noticed you didn't blur out "selfie stick". It's definitely not worth getting into that market - totally saturated. I left "guitar straps" unblurred because that left me with nothing but pain and refunds.

Pls don't look at tabs.
>>
File: Starting off right.png (34KB, 857x323px) Image search: [Google]
Starting off right.png
34KB, 857x323px
>>1025891
The harder something is to sell, the more risk you're taking on as a seller.

Sometimes it's just not worth the stress. To me at least - I just do this to take my mind off of work and make money on the side.
Selling on ebay is like playing a real life merchant simulator and it feels good.
>>
File: Capture.png (90KB, 510x488px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
90KB, 510x488px
>>1025898

Fiverr always has good drop shipping items I've seen, those Indians are working hard.

lol go for it, Maracas out of rattle snake tails, necklaces out of cheesy puffs. Anything can sell on Etsy it seems.

Yea the selfie sticks were a bad idea, of course cheaply made and some were DOA. Only bought it to gain trust/friendship from one of my suppliers for a different Sku. Knew from the start they would be hard to sell. Good thing his versions were very tiny, so people loved it.
>>
>>1025901

True. You want fields where tiny details are the difference between a 500% profit and losing 6 figures-

That weeds out the competition pretty fast.

Your competitors are smart, but they are human.
>>
Newfag to /biz/ here, what is going on in this thread specifically? I am interested and have a general idea from the OP but want a shove in the right direction
>>
>>1025915

A bunch of people new to ebay selling the lowest volume Chinese junk for pennies

Which is fine. Everyone else started out selling junk for pennies.
>>
File: the_ride_never_ends.gif (872KB, 285x200px) Image search: [Google]
the_ride_never_ends.gif
872KB, 285x200px
>>1025917
>>
File: HELP WANTED.jpg (60KB, 1000x757px) Image search: [Google]
HELP WANTED.jpg
60KB, 1000x757px
>>1025915
>shove in the right direction

Buy in bulk from 3rd world countries and resell it to people in 1st world countries. Since you're from the 1st world resell to other people for a profit.

As a re-seller, your giving them:
a) piece of mind
b) not having to deal with 3rd worlders
c) the comfort of being a goyim
d) not having to buy in bulk

Remember Ebay fees, Paypal fees and the cost of shipping. Always underrate your profits so that it can be like a christmas gift when you make more than projected.
>>
>>1025925

and most of all, always have in mind that you might get b& at any time for absolutely no reason.

So always have an exit plan, Your own site, eBid (catching up to eBay), Bonanza, etc.

Tip: you can just buy a domain right now on GoDaddy for $1 (full year), and have it redirect to your eCrater store (free, no fees).
>>
>>1025925
alright, thanks man! I'll be sure to look more into it. Any specific items to begin with or should I just do whatever's popular atm?
>>
File: all that bread.gif (375KB, 144x192px) Image search: [Google]
all that bread.gif
375KB, 144x192px
>>1025936

maybe start off with Selfie sticks. Or orr iPhone cables!

Or simply just search the letter "A" on eBay and pick the 69th item that shows up to resell.

You'll be rolling in dough in no time
>>
>>1025950
screencapped and beginning to look into some things, thanks a lot man. One last thing, what is a sufficient capital?
>>
>>1025974
I don't plan on making it a primary source, more of a side thing since I am currently in school but find myself with lots of freetime after doing my work and I don't have a job atm.
>>
>>1025984
I do the side thing too, it's a lot less stressful this way.
>>
>>1025988
yeah, i don't expect a whole lot of money but i think it'd be nice to have a small income and then when i get a job have it in addition to that. Thanks a lot for your help man, I definitely wouldn't have known where to start without all that!
>>
File: broken.jpg (125KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
broken.jpg
125KB, 950x534px
Question for /biz/

Is it a good idea to buy broken iPhones and Android phones and resell on eBay? I've replaced broken screens and even revived an iPhone my friend dropped in a cup of Sprite and vodka. Not looking to turn this into a living, I just enjoy doing it in my free time. However, I'm afraid of buying a phone that's irreparably damaged and losing a lot of money on garbage. Anyone have experience with this?
>>
>>1025991
Hey don't worry about it man, but I don't think I posted anything.

I'm going to sleep, I hope you have a good time selling.

>>1025994
I avoid phones like the plague. It's cancer incarnate, with all the anti-theft stuff and how it's tied so closely to mobile providers.

Have fun with it if you want, but make sure you're getting them very cheap from a *reliable* source.

Goodnight guys.
>>
How do you guys figure out what you are going to buy? I've only dabbled in Video Game Collector's Editions things like FO4 and CoD:BO3 where I've made close to $1.3k from. But now I'm not sure what to buy now and I need help with that aspect.
>>
>>1025783
>Crazy how his item got booted like that huh?

What do you mean? Did you do something to get it booted? or do you mean how he just could not compete.
>>
>>1025783
I've never seen any by me on Craigslist, but I also don't try to look for video games.
>>
File: 1416028992959.gif (471KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1416028992959.gif
471KB, 300x300px
>mfw I start looking into state sales tax.
>mfw I realize I probably have to register as a business.
>mfw all of this confusing BS
>>
File: bizfaggot.png (419KB, 1143x834px) Image search: [Google]
bizfaggot.png
419KB, 1143x834px
>>1025767

REKT!
>>
File: 1425940916575.jpg (44KB, 681x496px) Image search: [Google]
1425940916575.jpg
44KB, 681x496px
>>
>>1016132
You are talking out of your ass. If margins are razor thin, then why bother on implementing. Complicated selling procedure. Just buy wholesale.

Resale has to make at least 20% or youre doing something very wrong.
>>
I'm going to take a break...

fuck this shit tbhfamsmdh
>>
>>1025925
I usually avoid selling things on ebay because their fees as a normie vendor are huge (10% + paypal).
Do they stop jewing you if you register yourself as a professional store?
>>
>>1016184
And who the fuck will do the work? You have employees? Are you planing to get some?
The scale is working against you. Better invest in your own site and marketing. Idiots fall for marketing and idiots are the most solid customers.
Your only selling on price and made the math yourself, that shows very clear, that you are worsening your position everyday
>>
>>1024792

Not the games themselves that are selling.
>>
>>1026317
10% fees are actually cheap. Where else can you sell anything that cheaply? Amazon is 15% + and the ones doing Az dropshipping (fba) are paying like 30-40% fees.
>>
>>1026467
If you want to receive 2€ per item sold on ebay and you need to sell it for 3€(+shipping) nobody is going to give a shit because it's only 1 dollar more.
If you are selling "expensive" items it does matter a lot.
If I sell something for 500€ (shipping included) I would receive 500€*0,865 -0.35€ - shipping = about 430€ - shipping.

I currently sell in a place that has higher fees than ebay (20%) but they are capped at 20€+1%.
So to receive the same 430€ (- shipping) per item I would have to sell my product for 455€.
This means that I can sell it for 480€, have a super competive price and still make more money than the ones I would be making on ebay.
It's quite a lot of difference if you ask me.

Of course the down side is that it receives a LOT less traffic than ebay and the only users are from my country.
>>
>>1025707
100k in sales isn't necessarily a lot.
(2694x$7.77=$20,932.38) Plus he's had his listing taken down a few times. The price has fluctuated too.
(234x$49.99=$11697.66) for his R-SIM x10
(166x$33.33=$5532.78) for R-SIM x5
(569x$8.88=$5052.72) on the new R-SIM

That is $43215.54 in sales there but he's realistically making about a dollar or two on each sale.

Factor in state sales tax, federal and state income taxes, refunds, and fuckups.
>>
>>1025767

>>1026281

lol he relisted the lolis and the sim cards, is this ur acc nigeria man?
>>
>>1026626
Nah, that's not him. I'm guessing it was some other /biz/tard thinking he could list the same shit and steal off of his sales.
>>
im an eBay seller made 30k GDP in 1 month selling on the /bay anyone better that?
>>
File: 1438191767786.jpg (749KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
1438191767786.jpg
749KB, 1024x765px
>>1026753
since were going to make shit up , i made 3 billion in 3 weeks on ebay
>>
>>1026753
Well if we want to talk about odd circumstances...

My brother-in-law is a mechanic he and a buddy fix up junkers and sell them. Ones they don't think they an flip within a couple weeks go on eBay Motors. I manage that account as one of my several accounts. As a result, I've seen single items go for over 30k.

I used to do the same thing with a family friend who restores classic cars as a hobby but can't run a computer to save his life. This was a while back. I got paid a set amount per listing (it was usually $250) to take the photos and post it to ebay and deal with that portion. I saw one car go for over 80k on that account.

Plus I kept the account and use the same one to list the current cars.
>>
>>1026255
Get a lawyer.
>>
My mom was telling me that someone she used to work with's husband sold car parts online and made decent money doing it. He told her that you should sell what you know, so I figured maybe I could do that with either historical gun parts or historical militaria that is somewhat rare, if I could.

Can I do that on eBay? If I can, is it just a dead end?
>>
>>1026592
I think he's making more than $1-2 a sale. I figure his margins are in the 20-30% range.
>>
>>1026973
If there's a market, there's money to be made.

Go for it nigger.
>>
>>1027028

I don't know if there's a market though, and my sources for this stuff are most likely ebay itself, craigslist, and local armslist stuff. Beyond that I'd really have no idea beyond surplus stores around me and I'd hope they'd have something historical in.

I'm sure my prime thing would be eBay itself and I'd just mark up whatever I bought and include a better description.

I'm only really thinking about this because I'm a little disappointed I can't even get a job unloading trucks at a retail store. Waiting for the call back (supposed to be whether I get the job or not) and I'm not getting it. Disappointing, and I'm looking for ways to make money. I don't really want to work for someone else, honestly.
>>
>>1027039
Well, here's the hardest part for most people when it comes to being businessmen - you need to do market research.

Unfortunately this is more work than a few google searches.

If you were motivated, you would look into your competition, what they sell and at what rates. Sometimes you can get clues about their sales volumes.

But since you want to be spoonfed on a chinese cartoon image board, you're probably going to quit after a few google searches and jerk off cause you got bored.
>>
>>1026973
The only thing that counts as a gun part is the whatever the atf declares a receiver.

Granted there are some rules on black powder and guns before the turn of the 1900's. Buy old beat to shit shot guns, strip the parts, list em. People looking for replacement parts might buy them, or some shit.

Check out a website called numrich, ive seen people do similiar on ebay, you can do it on gunbroker as well and or even sell the parts to numrich themselve but their jews.
>>
What is an electronic that cost around $200 and will be guaranteed to sell, preferably fast?
>>
>>1027021
Based off what?
If you figure he's selling it for $7.77
He's losing $0.89 in fees.
Probably about $0.10 in packing material and labels
Costs him $2.04.
Leaves you with $4.74

How much do you realistically think he sources these for?

The cheapest listing from China is $6.27 and they always go for low profit, high volume.
>>
>>1027052

Well, I don't want to be spoonfed. I am looking into potential competition, and also potential sources for product in the first place. It seems a lot of these eBay listings don't even really know what they have or it's incorrectly described. I think I could use that to my advantage by either knowing it already or simply doing some research.

Maybe not gun stuff beyond optics or bayonets for now.

>>1027063

I was going to look into getting a C&R license a few years ago, but never did it. I think I'll look into it again and so the ATF won't be on my ass.
>>
>>1027065

Why would anyone tell you so you can go shit up their market

figure it out

buy something, see if you can sell it for more.
>>
Anyone want to give me advice for how to find a product to resell for profit? What sites do I look on to find things to sell?
>>
>>1027085

fine. you said auto parts? terrible business

lots of work, low margins, high rate of returns

you'll learn all that- buy a broken down car. Strip it- sell it for more.

you'll learn what works and what doesn't.

there is a lot to know in parts business, and if you havent made mistake 100 times before you will make 100 mistakes learning everything
>>
>>1027090

Not auto parts. My mom's former colleague's husband does auto parts. I was thinking historical military stuff when he said "do what you know."
>>
>>1027092

whatever

look at what sells for the most.

find some shit like that, and try to sucker someone.

In deals with 10,000% profit margins, one person is the sucker- and one is gonna get rich.

Be careful, because no matter how smart you are you will run into someone smarter sooner or later.

Is grandma a naive senile woman selling priceless artifcats for cheap, or is she making top quality fakes out of period material?
>>
>>1027069
If he's buying thru Alibaba, Aliexpress or R5 then you're probably right, but I've sourced the products on my own thru my normal channels, and I don't see how he couldn't be making more.

I didn't say he was getting rich off this.
>>
>>1027094

I want just want to provide people with stuff that's interesting and authentic. Not sucker someone for some quick cash.
>>
>>1027099

ok, enjoy being poor forever

Some people are salespeople so people are not.

Sales is not for you. Figure something else out- maybe be the best big mac flipper you can be.
>>
>>1027099
You don't have to sucker someone to be successful and honestly if that's all you do then you'll always be chasing money. That's why you have so many fly-by-nights that come and go with each new idea. It's always trying to grab quick dollars.

You have the right mindset. Provide true value to people and get them to trust you and the money will come to you.
>>
>>1027105

Disagree.

It's about building a customer base that you treat great, and buying inventory from suckers for pennies on the dollar, and buying lower margin stuff in huge quantities.
>>
>>1027098
Well since they cost $27.50 each on R5, I'd hope not.

I've not priced the new R-SIM. What is the bulk rate on it?

$8.88 - $1.02 - $2.04 -$0.10= $5.72 -cost
>>
>>1027108
I'm usually in the product creation/manufacturing side, so I don't agree, however, if you are reselling, flipping, etc.. then yes you have to get the best price possible to be competitive but I don't see that as suckering people as you're not coercing them to give their stuff up for pennies.

You don't sucker your buyers-- ever. You just make a great value proposition for them.

>>1027125
If I can afford the largest, massive quantities, he was willing to go for ~$2.20

That'd give him a 39% margin, but I doubt he's buying those sized quantities. I honestly believe I could get the cost down even more. I didn't go much farther than that with it. I was curious. He's got an interesting niche, and I'm not going to compete because he does a service in adding value to these threads and helping others. Also, you know, integrity and shit.
>>
>>1027192

you court buyers to establish as much market share as you can, crush competition by selling on low margins then establish a monopoly where you control the supply of the product to the market.
>>
>>1027192
So he's making about $2.50 on each right now. Plus he's losing some money by buying with paypal loans.

>he does a service in adding value to these threads and helping others
Most of the time he's just trying to brag and inflate his ego. I chalk that more up to being young though. I will say he's got more patience than me in getting negatives removed. I'm sure he's gotten more than 100 removed by now.

Also the boob mousepads are a decent venture. He's never going to be selling tons of them, which is good as they're all unlicensed and if he ever starts drawing a lot of attention the lawyers will come knocking for their cut.

He could easily be knocked down by someone with some buying power behind them. Paypal loans will only get you so far.
>>
>>1027202
>then establish a monopoly where you control the supply of the product to the market.

Good luck with that. If something is profitable, other people will steal the idea. If you have a monopoly, all the more reason to get in that market. You cannot control the supply to just about anything as far as eBay is concerned. China will always make a copy of something if there is a market for it.
>>
Does anybody in Canada do this?
>>
>>1027202
It seems like you'd be better off spending all this effort on branding/making your own products. You control all the distribution.

>>1027250
He may be making 3.50. Who knows. I didn't know he was buying with paypal loans. I agree that with enough capital someone probably could sweep him or at the least see get into a race to the bottom on pricing.

>Most of the time he's just trying to brag and inflate his ego. I chalk that more up to being young though. I will say he's got more patience than me in getting negatives removed. I'm sure he's gotten more than 100 removed by now.

Well, I mean, the bar isn't set very high in most of these threads. I commend him for actually giving some advice and going out there and doing it. He's better than most here.

Most of /biz/ is just big talk and lies as I'm sure you're well-aware.
>>
>>1027264

The stuff is I sell is made by multi billion dollar, Goliath companies, intel, etc
>>
>>1027252

No. Wrong. You need to sell shit that is too expensive and or complicated to make in china- biomedical tech, hydrogen fuel cell convyer belts and machines, microscopes...

That kind of shit.

You need to corner the market on a niche like that.

There is very limited supply of this stuff- through a few known vendors.

If someone tries to buy say, 500k in shit, I'm damn sure going to make them pay 495k

And when they sell it, and lose 100lk, they go bye bye and I bid 200k next time
>>
>>1027273
I know bud. I was suggesting that you look into transitioning from reselling scrap into branding or creating your own products. If you're willing to commit 90 hours a week, you'd be doing well in no time.

I admire the hustle, but your end game seems like such a low payoff for such a time commitment. Also seems highly risky, if you're really working 90 hours and your health goes to shit.. you could be out of work long enough to wreck you.
>>
>>1027092
I sell militaria, and let me tell you, while you can make a lot of money, you can get screwed by the smallest market fluctuations. Unless you know where to pick up stuff for 1/5 to 1/10 of the price like I do, it's very tough to actually make money. WWII helmets I sold for $300 2 years ago now barely crack $175, while some belts I bought for $.50 sell for $20. It's all about timing and knowledge.
>>
>>1027255
Now's a great time for Canadian's to sell internationally because Canada's dollar is so low, mainly to the US
>>
>>1027278
There's plenty of things the Chinese straight up don't have, collectibles, plants, large penis accessories, ect
>>
>>1027278
>No. Wrong. You need to sell shit that is too expensive and or complicated to make in china- biomedical tech, hydrogen fuel cell convyer belts and machines, microscopes...

And if you're selling these things on ebay, you're going to find that your profits are very close to 0.

We are talking about ebay, this is an ebay thread.

Sure monopolies exist in the world. They are just a rarity to non existent on ebay as it is a marketplace for collectibles and crap.
>>
Hi /biz/ newfag to this board and also Ebay selling/buying. Had some questions to ask if anyone is feeling helpful.

1). How does shipping work with this? I assumed I just take the product to a post office and mail it out?

2). How does one expand their client base as well as make connections to get better deals?

3). Is this considered a business? Would I need a business license and are their any specific tax regulations I need to follow when doing this?

5). When you sell, do you have your own e-commerce site through which you distribute or is it just buying bulk off of ebay and reselling individually on ebay?

That's all for now, sorry if these are considered dumb I am a complete noob to business and this practice.
>>
>>1027525
1) Print labels from eBay, because it's a lot cheaper. You need a scale to measure stuff, and should invest in packing supplies that you either scrounge yourself or buy in bulk. I buy bubble mailers by the hundreds on eBay for a gorillion times less than I would in a store, and I just drive around to stores early in the morning and pick up boxes and bubble wrap they toss out. People give you looks sometimes, but fuck 'em.

2) Advertise, and ask people you buy stuff from if they have more/connections/whatever the fuck. Worst case they say no and you go about your life.

3) It is if you make a certain amount of money per year

4) I buy local and resell online.
>>
>>1026815
>Make $10,000-13,000 per year at the moment.

Wat do?
>>
>>1027656
Make more.
>>
>Have 6+ First Class packages with ZERO tracking updates.
>USPS hold times are outrageous.
>Emailing USPS never gives response.
>Now have a second set of First Class packages with no scans.

what the FUCK? USPS is costing me $$$
>>
>item was lost in transit
>buyer requested another one
>no problem
>hit print shipping label
>"$2.99 for shipping"
>charges me price the buyer paid - $50 and $2.99 for the shipping
>payment already sent

WHAT THE FUCK WHY DID IT CHARGE ME?

THE PERSON OPENED A CASE AND I HIT "ADD TRACKING #"

WHAT THE FUCK HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK.
>>
>>1028348
Call eBay!! Don't ship yet.
>Have a bunch of First Class packages going missing. (Anywhere from 5-11 packages)
>Call USPS Customer Service.
>They say since they were never accepted that there's nothing they can do.
>Transferred to USPIS, start case.

Welp, USPS internal theft seems to be likely. Anybody else ever had this happen?
>>
>>1028363

last time i called eBay customer support the indians answered. how do i get an english speaking rep?!?!
>>
Does the handling time window include the day of purchase?

For example: Bought Monday morning w/ 2 day handling means you only have until Wednesday to ship it out.
-Or-
Do you have to do it by Tuesday?
>>
>>1028388
Call a different department, basically you're screwed and have to talk to fucking indians..

Sometimes they can help, but usually they won't. You could also ask to be transferred for language barrier issues.
>>
>>1028560

WHAT ABOUT PAYPAL?

does paypal have english speakers? since paypal took the money?
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.