[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I leave for boot camp in 2 weeks and I'm nervous as fuck. Tips?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 17

File: 20130227-usmc.jpg (479KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
20130227-usmc.jpg
479KB, 1600x1600px
I leave for boot camp in 2 weeks and I'm nervous as fuck. Tips?
>>
both my cousin where in the marines. Sorry don't have any advice but good luck man.
>>
>>662667962
Thanks anon I appreciate it.
>>
prove you're tough enough to be a marine by kicking your drill sergeant's ass. everyone will respect you
>>
>>662668294
> drill sergeant
>>
Most people make it through boot camp. Everything you do in boot camp will be mostly pointless, you're only there to learn basic military stuff, how to get yelled at without flinching, who to salute, and to make sure you aren't a total fat ass piece of shit.
>>
Run while you can. I know you're all motivated right now to serve your country all that bullshit, but trust me, that shits not worth it.
>>
>>662668498
SHUT UP THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE CALLED GODDAMMIT
>>
>>662668637
I'm not in it for my country. Mostly just for school.
>>
I'm in. Move fast, scream loud, never question authority.
>>
>>662668689
No retard, they're called Drill Instructors. Call them a Drill Sergeant and see how fucked up you get.
>>
>>662668689
Drill instructor you shower shoe
>>
>>662667659
Lol should have joined the Air Force or even Navy if your a gay boii
>>
Get ready to get slammed against the wall. Friend of mine just got sent back from boot camp. If someone in ur platoon fucks up, ur whole platoon fucked up, gg
>>
File: 7252.jpg (16KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
7252.jpg
16KB, 264x191px
>>662668637
Also, run while you can. If you aren't fit before boot camp, have fun. Also, bow to your superior Navy overlords.
>>
>>662668689
That would be the army.

OP, make sure to refer to all your DI's as boots. SIR, RECRUIT OP REQUESTS PERMISSION TO SPEAK WITH SENIOR DRILL INSTRUCTOR BOOT, SIR

I swear, you'll be the honor grad.
>>
>>662669015
Gay-vy is a bunch of pussies, boot camp be like summer camp compared to anyone else
>>
>>662668925
AF is scum of the Earth. I work with them every day and they are all assholes who think they're better than everyone else. For maximum fun, join Army or Navy. For shitlife, join Marines. To be a stupid cunt, join AF.
>>
>>662669055
Topkek, tryna get OP ITd on the first day
>>
>>662669055
Should I also eat ice cream and say it's an emergency whenever I have to shit?
>>
Get in best shape you can before you leave. PT almost everyday early as fug. If you go to east coast be prepared for sand fleas. Don't be scared to step up and you could get promoted to squad leader and if you become #1 man in platoon (The Guide) you can get a rank promotion which is more pay and some rank on your collar before you get to SOI or MCT.
>>
Should have went Airforce burh.

I get it, you want to be all hoorah... i was all hooah at first too.

than i got stationed on an airforce base...

fuck the marines, fuck the army, fuck the navy,

airfroce is where it is. by god. it's where it is.
>>
File: jkuytgjiutkiyl,o.png (32KB, 1473x200px) Image search: [Google]
jkuytgjiutkiyl,o.png
32KB, 1473x200px
>>
>>662667659

the worst part is fire guard

enjoy hell faggot
>>
>>662669268
AF has it way easier. Also, we're such pussies that we are everyone else's air support, transportation, long range explosive support, and Marine's medics.

Army medics are also such shit that they embed corpsmen in units.
>>
>>662669343
Nope in the army super fucking lame, join the crips or bloods for confirmed Maxx super gigganigga. But honestly the Army sucks or maybe it's just the military in general.
>>
>>662669859
Yeah, it's in general. It depends on what your MOS/rate is, however.
>>
>>662669585
>Should have went
Maybe he didn't want to go full retard to get a bit of comfort ?
>>
File: fuccboi.jpg (22KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
fuccboi.jpg
22KB, 604x453px
Just went through Fort Benning Infantry OSUT AMA
>>
>>662669973
68W bad ass job, sad ass fucking life. Thinking about killing myself if I don't get out soon.
>>
>>662670254
Are you in a hosptial or deployed?
Also, just go sad panda and hope for the best, I guess. Or become an alcoholic like everyone else.
>>
>>662667659

shits easy unless you are a weak little faggot

group punishment so dont be the fuck up that gets everyone else in trouble

keep calm and count the days. shits kinda funny if you go into it with the right mindset
>>
>>662669470
We never had ice cream or anything like that. If it's offered, eat it. Make sure to share food with the guy across from you too. No matter what they say, just keep doing your own thing. It'll show them you're prepared to go to OCS as soon as they can send in your package.
>>
7236 here. you gone be one miserable recruit
>>
>>662670649
To be fair, most guys trying to go officer are on their OFP because they think theu already got it
>>
>>662670413
Alcohol stopped working like a year ago I can't even drink enough to get drunk anymore. I'm in a hospital now was deployed before. Been in for four years two more left.
>>
Not sure how much has changed as it's almost been a decade since I was in boot.

Anyways, listen to me OP. The first 2 weeks are going to be hell and no matter how much you have prepared yourself for boot camp, the drill instructors will find a way to break you.

There are many rules that you're going to have to live by. First one is to always keep your mouth shut until someone of a higher rank speaks to you and you have permission to talk.

Make friends with the scribes and the whiskey locker recruits. If you're lucky, you'll not be shit on for firewatch too much. Fire watch is necessary though at least a few times.

Another thing to remember is that boot camp is 98% mental. You're going to have to push yourself and continue to do so to get through everything. Help others out when you can, but always make sure that you're completely taking care of yourself as well.

Go to church if that is your thing. When I was in boot, we went to the buddhist "church" so that we could talk for a little while. DI's finally caught on to that though.

Our DI's forced us to church. It was that or you got slayed.

Learn to eat your food super fucking fast. This goes with drinking water as well. You won't get a lot of chances to do so in boot depending on your DI's, platoon, company, etc.

The less time you spend eating and drinking, the more time you have to do other things.

We had a saying that we coined while in boot and it forever stayed true while we were all in.

"If it's simple, it's wrong."

You'll hear "Hurry up and wait", etc etc... but... If it's simple, it's wrong will stick with you forever.

Finally with all this said, I just have to reiterate that you have to work as a fucking team anon. Be strong mentally, and push yourself physically. Keep on going and then you'll get through boot. After that is MCT or SOI, and then whatever your schooling is, and then your PDS.

Every base is different for PDS by the way. Remember that.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>662669469
You get IT'ed every day anyways. You might as well make the drill instructors laugh when they're in the DI House during school circle at the quarterdeck.
>>
File: Sean_(Military).jpg (151KB, 760x535px) Image search: [Google]
Sean_(Military).jpg
151KB, 760x535px
Hopefully you'll be sent over seas in not to long and hopefully after killing a few civilians and bombing a school, it'll be your turn to get shot or bombed.
>>
>>662671296
Fake and gay
>>
oh....I'm in the navy. sorry I got lost
>>
To all the fags that are raging on the branches.
The lowly Army cook.
You gonna tell me an army cook isn't serving honorably?
Fuck off you fags.
If an Army cook is important, so is the AF, Navy and USMC.
>>
>>662671009
I was friends with the person who made the watchbill in navy boot camp

The cunt betrayed me and put me on 2-4am watch the day before and they day after battlestations (an 18 hour event)
>>
Air force fag here. Basic is mostly head games, don't let it get under your skin.
>>
confirmed pogs
>>
>>662670920
It's a sad day for them when they realize their Plt Sgt runs the show. The Lt is just there to sign off on paperwork and fail as little as possible at every damn thing he does. They all learn eventually how to be effective in combat and in the rear, but they're usually a captain by the time their head is out of their ass.
>>
Learn your general orders...I hope you can climb the rope....if you are in camp pendleton, be prepared to hear airplanes 24 hrs a day and see them take off and each time wish you were on that plane....be prepared to spend the next 4 yrs asking why you signed up for this shit but the moment you get out, you are super gung ho....take plenty of pictures when you get to your unit, you are gonna be glad you did in the future
>>
>>662671597
I love shitting on the other branches, but if someone isn't in the military and they shit on someone I want to kill them.
>>
>>662667659
Don't drop the soap applys in there too
>>
>>662671683
>AF talking about boot camp
Did you know in Air Force boot camp they aren't even allowed to point at you, exercise you more than a certain amount per day, or curse at all?
>>
>>662671793
I live next to Camp Pendleton, I also ship in two weeks
>>
>>662671729
Yeah. I'll never go officer, mainly because I am getting the fuck out after my 5yr contract is done.
>>
>>662667659
Paris island? If you are literally do as you're fucking told. If I get you I'm not gonna fuck around. We lose good men and training starts with us. We are yoi DRILL INSTRUCTORS we are not a DRILL SERGEANT. I can't lay a finger on you but I'll find a way to have a blanket party on your ass if you fuck up enough.
>>
>>662672128
That sounds painful
>>
>>662671729

my grandfather went in enlisted then to OCS and retired i colonel

i went in enlisted for 4 years and then went to school and ROTC for 3 years before deciding i would rather smoke weed and be a civilian than play the fuck fuck games any more

ive seen both sides and i have to say the stereotype of the "fucked up LT" is wayyyy less common than the fucked up enlisted soldier

most of the officers ive seen/had and most of the people i saw in ROTC in college were WAYYY more squared away than 90% of enlisted joes. average joe is getting a 180 PT score and trying to make height/weight and cant hit the side of a barn with his rifle while most the LTs you are shitting on are crushing 330+ PT scores.
>>
>>662671296
Looks like he needs some motrin and to change his socks
>>
>>662672322
I don't believe you're a DI. I also don't believe you're even on PISC.
>>
>>662672326
I am in the Army though... Yea the Windows fuckung shake at least 10 times a day from the helicopters, ospreys are quiet though
>>
>>662672436
Squared away=/=smart or useful
>>
No tips, but trips.
>>
>>662672644
Oh, nevermind. Going to boot next to your house would suck.
>>
>>662672245
I thought about going super pog officer after college, but I was med retired, so that's basically a no go now. I just wanted that sweet retirement pay. Fuck going back to being an 03. I had enough fun in 4 1/2 as an 0331. I was looking forward to being a supply officer or some shit, but my life is still pretty good as is at the moment.
>>
>>662672518
Believe what you want. Just wanted to give a warning as to what to expect up on entrance.

Ps. Go fuck yourself
>>
File: 7399.png (317KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
7399.png
317KB, 500x373px
>>662672958
Ehehehehehehejejejej

Go back to CoD.
>>
>>662672774
Exactly, also do the marines give out enlistment bonuses?
>>
>>662673270
They do for certain MOS's. If you're in it for money though, you're going to have a really bad life.
>>
>>662672807
I am afraid that as soon as I got to 18yr some cunt in congress would be like "let's cut some money-those guys don't need those retirements anyway" and I'd be fucked.
>>
>>662673270
Hahahahahahahaha
>>
>Currently in the navy

navy- yelled at, learn shit, work out, all mental bullshit

air force - summer camp

army - running.... lots of running

marines - dunno but seems like just the basic bootcamp shit but hyped up
>>
>>662673270
I have no idea. Peobably not; enlistment bonuses are generally for hard to fill rates or rates that are hard to get into (Navy nuke, 68k for Army (formerly, they stopped)).
>>
>>662672671

ive seen so many joes that i would never want to deploy with and that would get people killed

ive seen very few officers ive felt the same about

its a peace time military anyways now. have fun raking the leaves and mowing grass and going to sexual harassment prevent courses/DUI prevention training inbetween watching females running 20 minute 2 miles blow the chain of command and fast track their promotions ahead of you

like i said. rather smoke weed and avoid the fuck fuck games. even an E-6 is treated like a fucking child in todays military
>>
4chan Boot Camp Tips.

Always looking the person speaking to you in the eye .

Salute you Drill instructor every morning.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. It let's then know your listening.

Try to stand out from your peers, be an individual

Make sure you call them sir, they have earned the respect Give it to them.
>>
>>662673608
Accurate. What's your rate? HM myself.
>>
Unrelated question. But what happens to someone enlisted in the Air Force who commits insurance fraud when moving from one base to another. That is someone who claims that an item is damaged in the process of shipping, using Air Force hired movers and it is proved that the items were damaged before or after shipping. Also what would happen if the items were proved to be stolen property.
>>
>>662673532
>>662673483
Yea I know, I just saying I got offered alot of jobs with a 4 year contract with 20,000 bonus, but I chose the job I wanted with a $5000 bonus
>>
>>662673801
You're saying a lot of shit for a glorified Boy Scout.
>>
>>662673878
At the very least, NJP. More likely court martial and then the brig.
>>
>>662673878
If you're found out, you'll be punished by state laws and the UCMJ.

Could face a general other than honorable discharge or a dishonorable discharge.

Source: Former Head Legal Chief in the Corps.
>>
>>662673483
Unless you get contracted married or married with actual person you love, rack up the BAH by leaving in shitty or cheap house outside of base and save!
>>
>>662673966
Nice my dumb ass went LAV crewman without a bonus. I've only had two altercations and barely anything happened.
>>
>>662668689
Stupid fuck..
>>
>>662674530
Getting married; I was looking forward to the BAH and then I realized I'll be paying to live in San Diego. Fuck my life.
>>
>>662671654
did you have liberty watch too?
>>
>>662674112

4 years active duty airborne.

92R parachute rigger

packed and jumped my own chutes and jerked my dick for 4 years

its a pretty bro job in the army and can get you into some pretty cool units (SF/ranger) and some pretty cool schools (halo/air assault/pathfinder)

once you end up at your unit tho you find out you are pretty much working in a sweat shop 5-6 days a week 12 hours a day

one of the highest suicide rate MOS in the Army lol...

went into ROTC after that... yeah its pretty much boyscouts but the real Army training isnt much better to be honest
>>
>>662667659
Sampson?
>>
>>662667659
If it's anything like in FDF, you'll be doing a lot of counterintuitive things in the beginning. It may seem stupid but hesitation kills people in combat.
Ask, if you're unsure about something.
There are a lot of people from different backgrounds and not all of them are very smart or well behaved, so try to be nice to everyone.
Apart from these, you'll be taken care of.
>>
>>662674831
Nope. I graduated the day before thanksgiving and my RDC arranged for no watch as long as there was no one who was in the room. I had liberty thanksgiving and the day of graduation.
>>
All marines in here state your rank lets see whos the highest itt
>>
File: 1433368012900.jpg (8KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1433368012900.jpg
8KB, 251x251px
>>662674856

>airborne rigger
>>
>>662674856
Shit, now I feel bad. I thought you were just some college kid who decided to bail.
>>
Stay away from the fuck ups. That shit will have a grenade effect and you will get fucked up along with whomever was the one responsble. Sometimes this is unavoidable, but still.. stay away from the fuck ups. Oh, and do not gorge yourself in the warrior's breakfast. You will hurl when you get smoked. Oh, and everybody gets fucked up after drill competition. Even if you win. You will get fucked with for the sake of getting fucked with.
>>
>>662674828
Damn that fucking blows! Well enjoy the married life not bad at all... Away from stupid as barracks rules, every Thursday field day,Friday inspections, 3 hit fucking fails, 6 pack of beer in fridge for 21+ limit and no hard liquor, no sex in barracks room, smelly roommates, smelly headmates, chow hall food that's straight ass, etc. Etc. Etc. You'll be good married anon I no that for a fact at least for me I got away from all that childish ass bullshit!!
>>
File: rigger.gif (8KB, 234x85px) Image search: [Google]
rigger.gif
8KB, 234x85px
>>662675231

its an MOS so shitty they gave it a badge to try to keep the soldiers from drinking themselves to death and committing suicide

woohoo! a badge! yay! totally makes up for all those low altitude night jumps in high wind destroying my knees!

airborne infantry are mostly 5 jump chumps that never see a parachute again in their lives because the army is trying to save money/cant afford it but riggers are required to continually jump to be eligible to continue doing their job/packing chutes
>>
I've never wanted to join the military because I'm afraid I'd be given an order I didn't morally agree with, but I wouldn't have a choice.

Anyone have experiences like that?
>>
File: 1291599240719.gif (487KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
1291599240719.gif
487KB, 250x230px
>>662676032
Preach!
>>
>>662667659
Look op, you dun fucked up.. The whole thing sucks ass trust me i got a bit over a yr left. Take this seriously and into account. (Caps on for reassurance) YOU HAVE NOT 100% SWORN IN, THE DAY YOU LEAVE YOU FOR BOOTCAMP YOU DO THE FINAL OR SECOND SWEAR IN WHICH IS THE ONE THAT COUNTS, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GO AT THIS POINT IN TIME. If its legitimately your last resort than fuck it, if not go to fucking school you are more than 75% going to hate it
>>
>>662667659
Andy is that you
>>
>>662676052

Idk man, I was only in the Army for a few months before I got med boarded and walked out with a giant grin and a "you tried" pin

But I still find it funny when some MOS have airborne patches

Really glad I got out kek
>>
If your going west coast, hit the stair master. Don't stand out too much, when they pick jobs for you guys, try to be a scribe, they usually get promoted. If your good at drawing, try to be an artist. After bootcamp, everything you did in bootcamp won't matter.
>>
>>662676510
No. you can still leave. You just have to fail bootcamp. We had one guy who refused to train, and they made a big show of the MPs coming to put his ass in the brig. About a month later when we came back from up north, we see him in civies at the chow hall. He told us they were letting him go for failure to adapt.
>>
>>662676943

sounds like you are a quitter and will always be a quitter when anything gets remotely hard

shit sucks but at least i didnt puss out and feel like it was a valuable learning experience (how truly inefficient and hilariously broken anything done by the government is) and got some cool stories out of it

plus free school n shit... so whatever... better than spending 4 years jerking my dick to rate my cock threads on /b/ instead
>>
>>662668925

>even Navy if your a gay boii

>Gay-vy is a bunch of pussies

Before the Don't Ask Don't Tell fiasco, if the male homosexuals wanted to serve in the military but not be bashed about being a homo, they wouldn't join the Navy because of already placed stigma about the Navy being full of the "Gay Sailor". They would have joined one of the other branches.
>>
>>662677310
Yes. But thats fucking dumb cus you have to wait there til you get separated.
>>
>>662677968
Just saying. It's not final until you get that EGA and graduate.
>>
Get the scribe job. Or if you can't be best friends with him so you can weasel out of fire watch every now and then. Drink a lot of water at all times, the silver bullet is always waiting. That's it. You'll figure the rest out as you go along.
>>
>>662667659
What mos? I leave in August
>>
>>662667659
Understand everything you do is wrong. It will suck at first but at the end you will kind of miss it. And realize that no matter how bad it gets, the drill instructors actually do care about you and want to make you a good Marine. You will never forget them as long as you live. Also jerk off a lot before you go cause you're about to go 3 months without it
>>
>>662677530

Gung-ho armyfags love to tell me this all the time. "lol pussy" "shitbag"

I literally don't care about being in the infantry with a bunch of mouthbreathers that I could hardly communicate with.

I'll be earning my degree this year and I've been accepted into a T50 law school.

I'll never, ever regret leaving Fort Benning in lieu of staying there for 8+ months on crutches waking up at 0300 just to be a day 0 recycle.

I'm glad I busted my legs. I got a taste at what a shitshow the army was and got a chance to get the fuck out before I wasted 3 years of my life.
>>
>>662676510
This is true and wish I knew this before... Now here I am 4 years gone and 1 year left and this motherfuckin shit is a waste of 5 fucking years that I will never fucking get back!!!!!!! Go to college, find a job you like, go out explore, have fun with family friends... Take our advice anon... We are at peacetime... No war going on the most your going to do is after boot camp, soi, or mct, and schoolhouse... You will be a boot bitch that those nothing but clean shitters, get told to do stupid as fucking shit and once you be there a while you'll be telling new guys to do shit because you feel like that's what they did to me so might as well do it to them, you'll be miserable, you'll regret your choice, you'll look for ways to get out, realize only way out is to do something fucking stupid, or be a fat fuck which in all reality ain't bad cause you will get separated with honorable..3 guys I know did it... Blah blah... Point is we are not at war we are at peacetime which means more bullshit... The choice is yours... Terminal Lance 4 year and counting till the day I get my DD214... FUSMC!!!
>>
>>shellback here
Still in usn >>aviation
Tips: the military is a pissing game. Everyone wants to have the longest dick. Play the games your DIs do. They were in your shoes before and have been taught to fuck you up. Also, don't fuck up and don't take tips from 4chan anymore
>>oldfag shellback out
>>
>>662678144
At op this is true. But you can bot go thru this bs, you know you'll get fucked with til you actually sep i was just told about some dude who did the whole thing denied the ega in formation said he wanted to see if he could do it and left idk if its true
>>
>>662667659
This
>>662678344
>>
>>662670097
How was it? I'll more than likely be signed up to do that at the end of the month
>>
>>662667659
Jerk off in the port a potty before starting. It'll be the last bit of privacy that you'll see in a while. Yes, there will be a port a potty. Semper Fi, Opfag.
>>
>>662667659
it's really not that bad. pay attention to what you're taught, take care of the guys to your left and right and don't be afraid to get smoked or screamed at. if you act like a bitch they'll treat you like one
>>
>>662678252

you only got a taste... its so much more of a shitshow than you can even really imagine

keep that in mind the next time anyone asks for your vote to expand the government in any shape or form (military or otherwise)

ive never seen more wasted time money and manpower and generally inefficiency than in the US army. the whole thing is so big and mismanaged and poorly audited and all the numbers are faked forged and bent. shits hilarious. each step up in the chain of command they just bend the truth a little bit more till it gets all the way up to the top and the guy looks at it and says "looks like everything is going great!" meanwhile the unit is in shambles and half the vehicles wont even start and are broken down with flat tires and all the soldiers spend their time taking online surveys passed down from 4 star generals about their feelings and spiritual wellbeing.
>>
>>662678344
This!!!
>>
oh shit guys CO is about to walk in stand by!!
>>
>>662669585
If you were all 'hoorah' or 'hooah' anywhere, you weren't in the Corps and you shouldn't be giving fuck knuckles any advice.
>>
>>662679399
Boot ass bitch
>>
>>662679553
negative pvt
>>
>>662678926

DO NOT FUCKING DO IT

I'm the guy you're replying to.

DO NOT FUCKING SIGN UP FOR ANY COMBAT MOS

Here's what will happen:

You will be sent off to basic training. You will miss out on good memories, clean a lot, wait a lot, train a little. You will hate your life. You will get lectures on how to treat women and fags more than you learn how to use your rifle. You will clean a lot. You WILL hate your life.

You will be told what to do, when to do it, how to do it, and most of these instructions will pertain to how/where/when to clean a toilet and/or shine floors. You will not be able to maintain a relationship. You probably won't get any pussy. If you do, YOU WILL HAVE AN STD. If you find a girlfriend, SHE WILL CHEAT ON YOU.

If any of the above happen to you, YOU WILL PROBABLY TRY TO KILL YOURSELF AND/OR COPE WITH COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF ALCOHOL.

DO NOT JOIN THE FUCKING MILITARY. WE ARE NOT AT WAR. DO NOT DO IT.

Unless it's the airforce. I heard they treat you like a human and there's bitches.
>>
>>662667659
Don't take anything the Drill Instructors say or do personal, they're just making Marines. Forget about the day before and don't worry the next day, live in the moment. And remember, just put one foot in front of the other, That'll make sense once you get there.
>>
>>662679243

oh and enjoy barracks housing with no AC/heat and mold and living with a bunch of people that spend 90% of their free time drunk

my summers at fort brag were spent in a room that was generally around 98-99 degrees with the window open. also no one gives a shit and its not going to be fixed, ever.

from all accounts ive heard that the marine housing is even worse.
>>
>>662669668
don't be a bitch. Serve your country as best you can. this is just some fuktard who is bitter because he was a pussy. I'm not going to lie, sometimes there are things in life that have that have to get done and you're wellbeing isn't the first thought. remember, you're in the fucking military! that's not always the safest choice but don't be a bitch. serve you're country and earn that 10% discount ass fuck!!
>>
>>662679243

>you only got a taste... its so much more of a shitshow than you can even really imagine

Which is one of the many reasons why it bothers me when gung-ho military members call me a pussy for not completing training (by the way, I did make it to the end, but my healing time would be so long that my CO said I'd have to be a recycle).

I am not like a lot of the guys in the military. The dumbest men I've ever met, and I genuinely mean that I didn't know people got that stupid prior to being in the army, were in the army.

I don't miss cleaning toilets. I like being in college, having a normal social life, being around family, and carving out goals in life that include making money and leisure time.

I have immense respect for guys who enlisted, but it's not for everyone.
>>
>>662679855
Coming from a Poole I suppose haha
>>
I wish i was a poolee. I wouldve debied going i got a yr left on a 5 yr so no im not a boot, boot
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (34KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
34KB, 1280x718px
DO NOT JOIN THE MILITARY

This is the worst decision you can make in your life. There is no honor in serving a prick, who sends you to fight for his own causes...
you wont die for freedom or for ur coutry or any of that bullshit
just dont do it
please
>>
>>662680621

i went in gung-ho. by the end i kind felt like it was almost just welfare with mandatory yard work attached.

not all of it tho

get into some specialized units tho (SF/Ranger) or some of the really squared away people you get away from the idiots and into a realm of men that can really accomplish missions and change the world

military should be reduced in my opinion but special operations should be expanded and incentivized. there wont be any more massive boots on the ground wars any more and paying millions of mouth breathers to rake sand (literally... rake sand...) is some really demotivating shit to see and be a part of
>>
>>662679924
This is more than likely just some rash decision from a kid that doesn't think they have any direction in life so they think joining the military will give them a purpose.
>me
I don't know what else I can fucking do
>>
File: tumblr_nfo2lyNtSy1tdkouzo1_1280.jpg (115KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfo2lyNtSy1tdkouzo1_1280.jpg
115KB, 800x600px
>>662667659
Navy > marines.
>>
Dont do it. Im about to get out of the corps cuz its gay as aids
>>
>>662681210
Guess we on same boat
>>662678344
>>
>>662672078
Doesn't stop them from doing any of that. They point at you with knife hands and none of them give 2 shits about cursing. Have no idea about the pt thing though. Seems unlegit as we were on the ground whenever the mti was there. May have changed. IDK. Idgaf. I'm out now
>>
File: 46855092.jpg (146KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
46855092.jpg
146KB, 1024x768px
>>662681624

Everyone who scored over a 60 on the ASVAB says the same thing. Why do you think I joined? I didn't want to go to college and I thought the Army would give me purpose and a cool story to tell some vapid whore so she would suck my dick?

Guess what guy? THAT IS WHY EVERY JOE ENLISTS IN A COMBAT MOS

Go to fucking school. You know what? I know you won't. You probably already have it in your head that you're gonna join.

Look man, go ahead. But when you're cleaning toilets and running in circles at 0200 in the freezing ass cold with a bunch of feckless mouthbreathers, remember that night you were on 4chan and some faggot told you not to enlist
>>
>>662682327
It'll probably be OP's first job. It'll straighten the faggot out of him.
>>
>>662682327
>>662678344
This this this>>662667659
>>
Boyfriend is in the Marines, he's fine. Advice don't meet a girl before leaving, she's gonna be a rek until you come back from worrying too much.

Happened to me, but I worried for nothing he's exactly the same just overly confident because Marine.
>>
>>662682327

This. I've never been in personally, but I have three brothers currently in the Air Force and the Army, a retired army dad, and retired Navy and Marine granddads on either side that were in, and none of them have anything good to say about their experiences in the military.

Dad's proud of me for not taking the pussy route and just going to school to make something out of myself
>>
>>662682719
tits or gtfo
>>
>>662682719
>>662682933
>>
>>662682327

i think the highlight of my military career was power washing paint off of a concrete outdoor patio in the rain for 6 hours

the power washer was so strong it was taking the paint off but it was also destroying and roughing up the entire surface of the patio

only got about 1/2 of it done and then the next day we had a change of command ceremony on the wrecked patio for the new first sgt who had never deployed but was an e-8 and had 2 bronze stars for doing paper work real gewd

think that about sums up the entire military experience as best as i could for you guys
>>
>>662680209
>super boot detected
>>
So I'm actually already iinto my first year of college, and Im considering when I transfer to my 4 year uni to finish my degree enrolling with a recruiter there to become an officer out of college? I would love to fly jets, at least for a few years of my life before I settle into an IT job. What do you guys think my chances are of getting what I want? I'd like to go into the Navy.
>>
>>662667659
Grease your asshole. All Marines are faggots.
>>
>>662682327
Or you could be hanging out in Okinawa, PT'ing at your own will, travelling around the island and surrounding countries, not being a shit-head barracks rat and loving life.

Join the fucking Corps and don't be a bitch about it. You're going to do stupid shit time to time but if you put in the work and don't act like the new American pussy you'll realize how great of an opportunity you will have to live an amazing life. Your choice when you're in though. Don't waste it.
>>
>>662683206
>e-8 never deployed
Never seen that shit before. What was his prior mos?
>>
>>662683350

lol to get a flight rated position in the AF/Navy you better be like spot on with your fucking grades and be super autistic about your fitness scores for starters.

If you're not in a mindset to be as physically fit as humanly possible from before you even do this, you will be at a disadvantage.

Same if you don't have as close to a 4.0 gpa as you could manage.
>>
>>662682933

Make me
>>
>>662683350
How's your GPA? Navy Officer's program is very competitive. Becoming an officer after college is a great idea. I'm currently enlisted but I submitted a package to become and officer. Should be finding out in about two months.
>>
>>662683676

This is assuming that you're trying to get a rated position like right out of college, ofc.
>>
>>662683676
I understand I would need to go through training the same as anyone else, but why would I need to be super fit to be a jet pilot? Other than withstanding Gforces I dont understand that. As for grades Im off to a decent start. Out of the 3 classes I've finished so far I have 2 a's and a B, so hopefully I keep it up.
>>
>>662683649

it was at fort jackson sc while i was a holdover waiting for an airborne school slot after basic

i dunno some paper pushing MOS
>>
>>662683350
Your chances are zero. The taxpayer isn't going to pay over one million dollars for your flight schooling so you can brag about it sitting on your ass in an IT job. You either deploy or gtfo.
>>
File: MAR_Q110_OL_TatooPolicy2.jpg (67KB, 350x529px) Image search: [Google]
MAR_Q110_OL_TatooPolicy2.jpg
67KB, 350x529px
>>662683206

>be me
>18
>fuck college, joina army
>realize I wasn't retarded
>stuck inna army with good ol boys and niggers
>they only talk about food and ass
>spend 4 years mopping floors as a tank crewman

Don't join the military motherfuckers

Don't fucking do it

>>662683493
This guy either got a low ASVAB score and is not aware that he's wasting his time or he's projecting because BIG STRONK MUREEN doesn't want to admit that he's wasting his life
>>
>>662668836
school? join Air Force.
>>
>>662683946
Im barely into my 2nd term here, but last term I got 2 A's and a B, and I plan to keep this up of course. I refuse to go into the military as a scrub. I am definitely not /fit/, but Im also not a pussy either, but if I go into military, it's officer or nothing, and I definitely couldn't do ground combat, I'm too much of a pussy for that.
>>
>>662684073

Because everyone and their fucking mom wants to be a pilot and one of the things they look at is fitness scores, and I don't think that they want to put chubby mc-chubbs behind the stick if they can get a perfectly fit specimen instead. Remember, you're competing with a LOT of people, and if there's something that someone else is better at than you, while being just as good at everything else, who would you pick to put in the cockpit of a 150 million dollar plane?
>>
As a fag who got dropped on t60 for stress fractures, Don't join. Go to school and if your still wanting to get in by then, go officer. You'll be regretting your decisoin as you realize this shit isn't going to get any better
>>
>>662684073

ROTC standings are based on score ranking system that is a certain % physical fitness, certain % gpa and certain % performance/leadership based

grades and PT score are literally like 70-80% of your national standing and highest ranked people get dibs on the jobs they want first/prioritized

lower on the list and you might not have very many options and/or be forced to take a reserve slot
>>
>>662684404
>not a pussy
>too much of a pussy
Pick the latter
>>
>>662683783
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
don't know about marines but being in the army i can tell you that everyday life is boring af

literally just get up 0430 do pt go back to barracks go to company formation 0900 sit around doing jack shit until 1130 go to chow 1300 come back sit around again get off at 1930 rinse and repeat

HOORAY FOR ROUTE CLEARANCE!!! -_-
>>
>>662682327
What the hell do I do then? Obviously there's something for me. I just can't find it. I know I can cop out of joining at any time but what do I do? What do I say? And last year I got my toes wet at a community college and took one stupid ass speech class and I decided against college. How Tf can I figure myself out anon instead of joining the military?
>>
>>662668844
unless it violates the oath to the constitution in that case refuse and stop those who follow said order or process...
>>
>>662684287
"This guy" got a 75 on his ASVAB and has a technical job with highly competitive schooling. I'm not wasting my time at all. I'm providing for my family, working on a masters, and setting up for my future. Not my fault you're too fucking immature to make the best of your time. Or maybe the Army just blows.

>>662684404
"I'm not a pussy"..."I'm too much of a pussy for ground combat"... Which is it?
>>
>>662670254
68W AIRBORNE here. You ain't lying brother. I hate my fucking life. At least you're in meddac
>>
>>662685033
Tell him you're joining another branch and say you've already talked to x recruiter. Or just say you aren't getting on the milfag train
>>
File: US I Want You.jpg (34KB, 373x576px) Image search: [Google]
US I Want You.jpg
34KB, 373x576px
>>662667659
How about being a real man & not fighting wars for the wealthy?

I'm a veteran.
There is no honor in serving a country
run by corrupt scumbags.
>>
>>662685033
look ive talked to a lot of vets whatever branch you join you'll eventually realize that it was a good decision, joining the military now opens so many doors that will help you in the future as well as some great stories to tell. don't listen to these losers because a lot of people here are social outcasts. a lot of people have told me that joining any of the branches is one of the best decisions you can make, so do it and look back on it after you're done. besides, the bitches love to hear about how you're a soldier or whatever the fuck it is
>>
>>662685033

Do what everyone else does.

Start looking with what you're good at.

Are you good at writing? Maybe you'd like philosophy courses and eventually going to grad school, MBA or something, so you can find employment with that shit degree.

Math? Take a fuckin' math class. Become an accountant and make bank; or major in finance and drive around in a corvette.

Maybe you like dicks. Go prostitute your ass on a sidewalk somewhere. It's not much different from being in the Navy.

No matter what you do it'll be infinitely better than enlisting in 95% of cases.

Maybe you're the guy who ends up liking his extremely boring schedule and cleaning. But don't be naive in thinking that there's a chance that happens. If you have any sort of brain that requires stimulation, don't enlist.
>>
>>662685550

motrin and water replaces your entire MOS what do you guys even do?
>>
>>662684895
Hey bro, I dun wants no treble
>>
>>662685792

most the liberal college chicks nowadays dont even give out BJs to veterans any more

if you want to get laid in college grow a beard and walk around talking about how women and minorities are oppressed constantly by microaggressions from white cis males. boom blowjobs for days and then just cum on their face and tell them you are voting for trump.
>>
are all officers deployed? civfag here.
>>
>>662686131
This 100%.
Or become a firefighter. You work so little for good pay.
>>
>>662670413
What's sad panda?
>>
>>662685550
seems like all the medics in my company hate life and drink themselves into oblivion on a regular

12B here
>>
>>662686370
yes
>>
>>662686131
haha that's pretty much it nowadays.

but really op don't listen to others, 10 years after the military you'll look back on it laugh your ass off, talk to your buddies about it and have a good time reminiscing about mopping in the rain at 4 am
>>
>>662686550
shit, sorry. read that too fast. Not all officers get deployed.
>>
>>662685528
>>662684853
What I meant by that is physically Im not a pussy, I could take some stuff, but mentally Im too much of a pussy to handle direct person on person combat with bullets flying over my head. I'd feel much better being in an armored jet. I don't know a whole lot about the military yet though, so I appreciate the information.
>>
>>662667659
suck the squad leader's dick. Only way to relieve stress
>>
>>662685528

>has a technical job

Good job shitbird, way to turn around the image of your branch being retarded knuckledrugging fuckboys

this is a thread of combat vets bitching about horseshit only for some slick sleeve mareen to come in here saying stupid shit like "lol guise i get to do things with my time y dose ever1 hate thre expereince? fkn pussies im a mareen"
>>
I'm considering applying to a service academy, red pill me.
>>
the old lie; Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.
>>
>>662686773

you sound like one of the faggots that shows up in basic training that talks about how badass the hurt locker was and then the drill sgt hazes you until you cry in front of everyone and have a mental breakdown and everyone thinks you are a massive faggot so you end up on suicide watch and get chaptered out for being mentally unstable
>>
>>662686773
I see what you mean and despite what /b/tards want to tell you I understand the difference. But yea like they already said, kick ass in PT, focus on school (don't let other college kids fuck it up for you), and understand what leadership means.
>>
>>662687187
lewl
>>
>>662687031
this
>>
File: 1450742896776.gif (479KB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
1450742896776.gif
479KB, 500x248px
>>662686773
jets arent armored you stupid fuck....otherwise theyd be too heavy to fly.
>>
>>662687187
I've been wanting to be an EOD even before I've heard of the Hurtlocker and knew they learned how to make bombs. Does this make me a good person?
>>
>>662687009
Not at all what I'm trying to do. It was simply a rebuttal to the "low ASVAB knuckledragger" comment. Thanks for doing a spot-on impression of me. You nailed it man. You're really cool I bet.
>>
>>662668836
Thats what i said too..run while u can anon
>>
>>662687474

No it just makes you a fucking retard
>>
>>662686773
You can't tell me you've never fantasized about killing a bunch of sandniggers in their village and raping their women
>>
>>662687597
I should probably reevaluate my life
>>
>>662667659
Look man, don't achieve anything and don't fail. It's really that simple.
>>
>>662667659
relax
>>
>>662687474
EOD doesn't learn how to make bombs you retard they disarm them

if you want to make bombs AND disarm them go be a combat engineer
>>
File: 1450189237466.gif (874KB, 197x162px) Image search: [Google]
1450189237466.gif
874KB, 197x162px
>>662687474
>I've been wanting to be an EOD.....and knew they learned how to make bombs.

jesus fkn christ....eod doesnt make bombs you fkn autist....they destroy them.
>underage faggot detected...or hes really as dumb as a pile of dogshit. See - >>662687397
>>
>>662688030
Gotta learn how they work to disarm them dumbshit
>>
>>662688214
What? It's not always the red wire?
>>
>>662688514
Gotta cut them all just to be safe
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.