[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afterlife thread. 4Chan is home to the smartest people I know,

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 23

File: near-death-experience.jpg (54KB, 1000x764px) Image search: [Google]
near-death-experience.jpg
54KB, 1000x764px
Afterlife thread.

4Chan is home to the smartest people I know, with that, what do you think happens when you die?

So what do you see? Experience? etc...

Every time I look at near death experiences there's just the same 9 videos of christian fags that say they've seen god. So atheists and spiritual people welcome, religion should not be an influence.
>>
you wake up next to all of your alien stoner friends
"dude how was your trip?"
>>
>>661647487
are you serious?
>>
I think that the afterlife is what you think it to be in a way, like, your brain is a bro and prepares you for death, making you calm in a lot of cases, so the last bit of my life I'm going to try to think of happy things so I can go peacefully and happily, maybe it'll affect the things I see or everything that happens here on out.

Die happy, be happy, die scared, feel that emotion forever.
>>
>>661647751
no, obviously
>>
>>661647210
You get to go back and fix your mistakes. Also you're green.
>>
I like the stories of where people die for a while and they ended up in hell. i think i'm dead now.
>>
>>661648213
Truely the best comedian on 4chins.
>>
>>661647829
I agree with this in a way. It kind of fits with the theory that DMT is released by your brain before you die and you go on one last crazy trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxTc69tuOBA
>>
>>661647487
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as
>>
Darkness. Nothing but darkness. And that thought frightens people. Because its the unknown. So what do we do? We create religion to fool ourselves into believing there's an afterlife.
>>
Alright OP, i'm not too sure about this, but when you die, your brain releases a substance called DMT, and that shit fucks you up. It takes you into a different world. It's a very heavy psychedelic trip and 5 minutes seems like 2 hours. I think that there's a possibility that you imagine what you wanna see when you die and it seems like it could be afew days but in reality, it's just afew minutes. I may be wrong though.
>>
>>661648755
Dude that makes no sense, if you don't exist, you don't see darkness, you see nothing.
>>
>>661648784

Except if your brain/head is completely destroyed, then, nothing.
>>
Back to where we came. Nothing. Dirt. Never forget we are all animals. Spawned out of a Petrie dish called earth.
>>
I'd also hope its a lucid dream.

Those are fucking rad.
>>
>>661649359
Well shit, you're right.
>>
File: afterlife.jpg (605KB, 1264x2590px) Image search: [Google]
afterlife.jpg
605KB, 1264x2590px
>>661647210
The very best
>>
I'm scared of death, it's so mind boggling that life is created from death, then you just die.

(Is not being created yet basicly being dead?)
>>
you know that feeling you get when you're unconscious and you're not dreaming? You don't, and you can't. Zero brain activity.

That's what death feels like. Not feeling, thinking, or sensing. Not being. There's nothing after we die.
>>
>>661649359
Yes hence why only certain people have NDE's.. Injured enough to have the near death experience phenomena, but not enough to die, which is why they all come back seeing the same thing, just like everyone who uses dmt sees the same type, makes sense to me. I will add a good book for anyone interested, evidence of the afterlife, it's scientific also so don't be concerned about some preachy rubbish.
>>
>>661649997
so just kill yourself now? no difference.
>>
>>661650748
I guess you're right, but I kinda like feeling.
>>
Ah to be human. The creature that has feelings about its feelings.
>>
>>661647210
I've nearly bled out and it feels very peacefull and you almost accept it when your on the brink.

Story is I got stabbed in a robbery and at first I was full of panic and by the time abulance showed up I was sitting on the curb, pretty much chilling but questioning my life, the adrenaline blocked out all the pain.
>>
The appearance of individual existence is just that, an appearance. You never die, you just never were in the first place.
>>
>>661649997
But, of you're put to sleep, you don't experience sleep, its just a flash of nothing and bam, you wake up.

If what you're saying could make sense, it still couldn't. there's no such thing as an infinite flash, especially of nothing.

But IDK, it's an anomoly.
>>
>>661650748
fuck no. there's nothing after we die, but there is something while we live. That's the point.
>>
>>661647210
>4chan is home to the smartest people I know
>smartest people
>4chan
>>
File: 1444681854853.png (201KB, 444x276px) Image search: [Google]
1444681854853.png
201KB, 444x276px
>>661647751
Let's say I've got a gun, and I pop you in the chest. Bang. Now you bleed until you can't bleed no more.

Without blood carrying oxygen to your brain, your braincells begin to die. As this happens your brain releases DMT and other brains own druggy-drugs which send you onto a trip.
So what you experience is something like a dream... times hundred thousand. It's really random, really trippy - unless you've been building up tolerance through most of your life. In which case it's mostly darkness. And while you're at it something really sad happens; your world becomes more simple by the second. And since you're producing the content you see, you will not be able to understand it. This will continue to happen until at somepoint you cease to understand things. Moments later you're dead.

TL;DR: you become so retarded that you die.
>>
>>661651662

OP could be a nigger
>>
well, that's cool. but I already know about dying, I mean after dying and being brought back to life. Or even not.

interesting though. You basicly felt what it's like to be asleep but fully aware.
>>
>>661651393
But nothing you will ever do will matter. Nothing anyone has or ever will do matters.
>>
>>661648755
agreed
>>
>>661647210
You don't dead. Time is a series of instances strung on a line connecting one reality to another. These instances never change. Never erase. Never disappear. You never die. Your consciousness just experiences different points on the time line.
>>
File: 1433972842164.gif (392KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1433972842164.gif
392KB, 320x240px
>>661651813
So could you...
>>
>>661647210
I saw a kid who remembered things from the past life, he remembered where he lived and names of his wife, friends etc. May just be staged for the money tho.

But when they took him to "his" old house, he walked around like he had lived there before also telling stories about what had happend.
>>
>>661652058

proof or eat poopy.
>>
>>661651383
> you don't experience sleep

Precisely what I was trying to say! You can't experience death, just as you can't experience sleep. There's no experience, and you don't wake up at the end. There's nothing.

ideas are weird, this is just mine.
>>
>>661652058
Seems a bit unresearched and unrealistic to me.
>>
>>661649517
haha that reply
>>
>>661652274
I mean you don't experience artificial sleep (you kinda do), you see white and black for a nano second and then its don't.

Regular sleep is an experience, you can think during it.
>>
>>661651884
While that is definitely true from the perspective of a non-human entity observing humanity, to humans (well, most of us), it does matter. This is because we are stupid and developed emotions and shit.
>>
>>661651707
The release of DMT in death has NEVER been proven. The only thing we know is that it's present in the brain, and the brain can create it on it's own.
>>
>>661653207
but i'm human and i don't see it.
>>
Nothing scares me more than the empty void that is the "afterlife"
>>
>>661652739
Okay, then take out the thinking part and white and black. Then you have what I think death is.
>>
>>661653499
I said most, didn't I?
>>
>>661653516

Nah. Doesn't make sense to fear absolute nothingness.
>>
>>661652258
Study physicsss. It's all there buried in string theiry.

>>661652331
Postulating reality as a series of frames built one on top of another is just as realistic as trying to describe the universe that you peri eve is a hologram projection.

Aristotle described reality as a series of pictures projected on a cave wall. Physicists described the same idea only framed in terms of new technologies.

Ideas don't change. Just the way they are sell described.
>>
>>661653608
alright. i'm back to square one : (
>>
>>661653902
true, but people are irrational
>>
>>661647210
judgement day hope your ready son.yada yada yada spawn again if you like it really depends on the result from your judgement day but what ever you'll find out.
>>661649407
>Spawned out of a Petrie dish called earth.
incorrect we went ever actually natives to this planet we are in fact an invasive species.the same "comet" that wiped out the dinos was our ride here.hopefully our race will design a better transportation device before the next hop but thankfully we will all be dead before that happens.
>>
>>661653516
but once you're there, you won't experience anything. there's nothing to be afraid of.
>>
In the end i think you niggers should just believe what you want we have no way of knowing if there's an afterlife seeing that none of us remember it or experienced it, and we have no way of knowing if those people who say they saw something are telling the truth
>>
>>661653902
it's just the thought of not existing anymore, no thoughts, just nothing. is it so strange that the absolute nothing scares me?
>>
>>661654024
I don't see much of a point either, but it's sort of fun to me.

But I don't know your life, you could have chronic depression or just be a poor weaboo like the rest of us.
>>
>>661647210
>4Chan is home to the smartest people I know

You don't know so many people, don't you
>>
>>661654369
no, but it is irrational. You're fine, dude, fear is stupid.
>>
>>661654172
no, but i'm not dead yet, so i'm afraid. it's an irrational fear albeit, but it doesn't change anything
>>
>>661647210
>"4Chan is home to the smartest people I know"

You must know some really, really stupid people..
>>
File: 3kObFg2Q.jpg (24KB, 501x485px) Image search: [Google]
3kObFg2Q.jpg
24KB, 501x485px
>>661647210
just blackscreen
then you see the results of your game
>you were an ayy lmao all along playing a game
>>
>>661654659
It's an understandable fear. Yes, it's irrational too, but many people fear it. It's okay.
>>
How can people not be afraid of non-existence. Going to hell would be preferable.
>>
>>661654369
Why waste time worrying bout things you can not change?

Live now. Die later. Or spend all your time dying inside, moment by moment.
>>
>>661654987

hence one reason why man created religion/"God".
>>
I fucking love this thread. It's fun to see all the depressed people interact with the ones that see a point.
>>
>>661655186
very true.
>>
>>661655426
i feel like both sides are giving into their own arrogance, choosing to believe what is easiest for them to believe.
>>
>>661648755
how is it unknown if its nothing?
>>
>>661655718
indeed. Fun to spectate, nonetheless.
>>
>>661655822
what was your life like before you were born?
>>
>>661655718

people only can believe to the extent that they are capable of comprehending.
>>
To be honest, either thought seems like shit
Eternal nothingness, no consciousness, nothing

On the other hand, eternal life, eternal boredom.

No matter what, we can't win, and that fucking sucks
>>
All of your thoughts and suggestions are very neat and heartwarming. However none of you have clearly never really given much thought to it. In order to first understand death, we need to understand life, what is that? What separates life from death? No one has a clear answer, some say its just really complex motion and heat in molecules with a system i.e Consciousness. So what is consciousness? My own hypothesis is that Consciousness is simply as stated before "Matter", Energy or something we haven't discovered yet that is able to log memory and recall. So what happens when you're no longer able to log memory? Well, you're dead, but more interestingly you can't experience time. If you can't experience time, then everything that happens which require time becomes irrelevant to you. So what is time? Time is constant, some scientist thinks time had a beginning and will have an end, but thats kinda silly isen't it? Say if you stopped time right now, time would be stopped for a certain amount right? So time will always happen. Interesting, with this knowledge, lets take a look at out universe. Currently we believe it all started with a big bang, so lets assumes thats a fact for now. We now know, that you came in into being and the universe came into being. What on earth, would ever prevent that from occuring again? Given enough time, and i mean a SHIT TON of time, time you will never experience, beacuse you're dead. Currently, it's hypothesised that a new universe will come into being (once ours die) in about 10^10^10^56 years. There is an astronomically small chance for whatever that is "you" right now, would reassemble in that future univers, but given enough time, that would certainly happen at some point right?

tried to make it as short as possible, but it's not exactly simple to explain.
>>
>>661656015
argument-ender, right here.
>>
>>661656067
I prefer nothing over eternal boredom, to be honest.
>>
>>661652251
haha did he remember fucking his wife?
hell yeah man!
>>
>>661656067
Yin and yang.

A beginning without an end is no begginning. It has no meaning.
>>
File: 1450917544815.jpg (6KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
1450917544815.jpg
6KB, 230x219px
>>661656125
So what you're saying is I have to live my life over and over and over again with no previous memory of my previous life?
>>
Well I believe that our brains are the greatest computers on earth, and I don't believe your laptop goes to heaven if you slam it on a rock. Neither do you when your head suffers the same. This belief, coupled with the montra that tomorrow always has a chance of being better, I have gotten through some dark points of my life. Suicide doesn't provide relief from the pain, only relief from the future.
>>
>>661654231
what if there is a way
>>
>>661650035
whats the book?
>>
>>661655718
indeed
>>
After reading all this shit, I've decided that some of 4chan isn't that autistic after all
>>
>>661656015
according to that guy it was absolutely nothing, therefore it is known, not unknown, therefore we shouldnt be frightened
>>
>>661656956
because /b/ isn't made for these type of conversations
>>
>>661650035
I've heard a whole lot of stories like that, and people write countless books poking holes in the stories
>>
>>661656956
because /b/ isn't made for these type of conversations.
>>
>>661656689
No, thats not what i am saying. I'm saying that you could potentially receive any life possible and imagineable. Currently we believe that the mass in the universe is NOT constant. This means that all sorts of shit could happen everytime shit gets fucked up (big bang). "You" the consciousness or the origo that makes you is not necessarily confined to your body or your memory logging experiences.
>>
>>661657321
Well, it is the random board. It's made for all kinds of fucked-up shit for the fuck-ups to talk about.
>>
>>661656125
>all this pretension
>>
>>661657249
That's like choosing not to be afraid of the opposite of love for eternity.
>>
welpers....as long as the interwebz exists, one can theoretically "live" well after they are dead. whether they want to or not.
>>
>>661647210
Energy is recycled, whether or not your energy retains consciousness is another thing.
>>
>>661657713
We'll live on until the thread 404s
>>
This thread makes me want to watch full metal alchemist again.
>>
>>661657905
but then what????
>>
>>661647210
You relive your life on a harder difficulty setting (ie, poor/abusive family, scrawny/ugly/short ect.)
>>
>>661656728
>Suicide doesn't provide relief from the pain, only relief from the future.
deeppp
this will help me
>>
>>661651707
That is very sad.
>>
>>661656811
well friend, its a little book called the bible, id sure be glad if you gave it a read
>>
>>661657639
Sorry broh, i never wanted to make it sound like any of it was inherently true more assumptions, more like "this is what i believe with what we currently know". I would change my opinions with new knowledge.
>>
>>661656956
thats funny because it has made me decide that 4chan really is retarded
>>
>>661658070
THEN WE DIE

WAKE UP /b/
>>
>>661658126
I'm glad, anon! No problem
>>
>>661657667
that post didnt make sense
and maybe you arent understanding what im saying
and youre probably going to say that you do understand and that im just the stupid one
so ill just ignore you from now on
>>
>>661658413
WHAT IS AFTER DEATH!?!?!
>>
>>661658413
BUT WHO WAS PHONE?
>>
>>661647210
You get squeezed out of a females vagina
>>
>>661649425
Dude, can you have one on command?
I've been trying everything hoping to have one for months now and nothing
>>
>>661658126
so sick of seeing this kind of shit tho.

"Suicide doesn't end the chances of it getting worse, it ends the chances of it getting better."

IT ENDS BOTH, FUCKS

but don't kill yourselves
>>
>>661658278
ohkay
its just that you said we have clearly not given it much thought and then went on and echoed a popular point of view
>>
>>661658577
opposite of love is indifference. death is the universe not caring for your existence.
>>
>>661656015
This is what I've always believed, and makes the most sense IMO. Arguing that there is an afterlife is dumb because there was no "beforelife". Many like to say "Well your consciousness can't just cease to exist, but you've gotta take into consideration that there was a point when your consciousness didn't even exist. The main reason I think dying would suck is because its just like playing an amazing video game. Its great to play the game (life) because of all the things you can do and feel, but not playing at all (death) would mean that you are missing out on a lot, but that would only matter if you were able to comprehend what you were missing out on in the first place, which you cant because you're not playing, you're dead.
>>
>>661658658
WELL, YOU EITHER GO TO HEAVEN OR TO 9GAG
>>
>>661658413
i awoke in a cold sweat
the same nightmare every night this week...
i glace at my clock. 404 am
:O
>>
>>661658802
suicide changes nothing, you heard it here.
DO IT FAGGOTS
>>
>>661658658
Jack shit. Your meaningless jumble of electric pulses and data in the ugly lump that is your brain goes dark and you don't experience anything unless brought back to life. Simple.
>>
>>661658252
>Not preachy
>scientific
>being this autistic
>>
>>661658104
>(ie ugly)
please no
>>
It's hard to explain but I think it's like you cease to exist. Like you have zero consciousness and your being is gone and you have no consciousness so like no floating around space in some other form. Just nothing.
>>
>>661659117
i'll go hang myself now thank you anon. <3
>>
>>661658802
its just that i realize how much anxiety i have about the future
so that post made me feel like being braver and facing it instead of being a bitch
>>
>>661647210
Is it just me, or is absolute immortality the scariest thing imaginable? I mean, if heaven existed -- if it was a place that someone could get in -- I imagine it being one of 2 things:
1. harsh rules imposed, if you sin while there you're out and to hell / the void
2. once you're there you're there
Either way it'd get boring fast. If it was the former, I'd rather cease to exist; if it were the latter, all my relatives and God and the angels would judge me for what I did. Maybe there'd be privacy in heaven. There must be millions of people now. And what happens when I get bored? I'll get bored after 10^30 years.

However, complete emptiness is also scary as fuck. Yes, I'd likely cease to exist so I likely wouldn't experience anything, but that doesn't stop me from being scared in the present moment.

I dunno, any scenario I see seems hellish, honestly.
>>
File: Aec.jpg (21KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
Aec.jpg
21KB, 448x336px
>>661658670
CALLING Y'ALL MOTHERFUCKERS TO THE AFTERLIFE
>>
>>661647210
Death sure is poetic. I'll be sure to let you know what it feels like.
>>
>>661658841
opposite of love is hate
in the middle is indifference
>>
File: 1451927755369.jpg (309KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1451927755369.jpg
309KB, 1066x1600px
>>661658729
>>
>>661659080
yeah but nah
>>
>>661659452
stream it.
>>
>>661658841
death is a celebration
>>
>>661659080
hold on i have to start a ylyl thread first
>>
>>661659363
that's fine bro, but i just saw logic problems with the statement. If it helps you out, then good. Keep going
>>
>>661659537
that's not true. hate coincides with love. In many respects they are the same, but you don't need to take my word on it there's already a consensus on this matter.
>>
>>661658962
>but you've gotta take into consideration that there was a point when your consciousness didn't even exist
no there wasnt
>>
>>661658962
>rolls out the video game similes
this is how you can tell that someone has no idea what theyre talking about
>>
>>661659693
only for my parents.
>>
>>661659797
if you're initiating a YLYL thread, you should really kill yourself
>>
>>661659905
nigga explain
>>
>>661647487
I've always had thoughts like that.
Like maybe one day, while in the middle of something, you're suddenly in a pod that's opening, and you've actually been an alien using some virtual reality thing, but it went wrong (or right, as planed by alien overlord) and you now have a human mind and thoughts in an alien body
>>
>>661659132
:)
>>
>>661647210

Kill yourself. Now. Make haste!
>>
>>661659117
brains are pretty fuck you
>>
>>661657416
/b/ is PRECISELY the arena to have this conversation, because at least a third of us here have given thought to committing suicide.
>>
Well, I believe in the Christian God, and he doesn't really give us a good idea of what heaven is. We know what hell is, and that it's temporary (check the Greek on the phrase "eternal torment", it means "an age of punishment", very different). So I guess I'm just finna have to wait and see.

Btw, any of you non-Christians should check up:
Kalam cosmological argument
Fine-tuning of the universe argument
Intelligent Design of the cell and DNA
and
The Historical Evidence of Jesus's Mircales (Celsus, Jocephus, etc)
>>
>>661660143
If you're on /b/, you're probably thinking of killing yourself anyway.
>>
>>661659359
Won't change anything. If I were you I'd enjoy yourself, and remember this: Everyone else is just as afraid to die as you are.
>>
Lately, I feel it's whatever you love in life you go to that "heaven", so me it's music. I hope when I die I go to musicians heavens and make a song with Johnny cash and tupac, sounds absurd but hey. Random
>>
>>661660045
you are actually god. you created the universe to experience life. Everyone around you is only a manifestation you created for your own amusement.
>>
>>661659997
alright, fuck you. Its like a good goddamn book that your friend really wants you to read. They feel that you are missing out on something amazing, but you have no feelings towards it whatsoever so you don't give a shit.
>this is how you can tell that someone has no idea what theyre talking about
>implying anyone here has any idea what they're talking about
>>
>>661647210
>4chan is home to the smartest people I know
>posting on /b/

There is no hope for you
>>
>>661658816
I have never seen or read anything similar in the same sense.There is the argument of the eternal return and eternalism, but what i suggested is more inspired by it than an echo. Also, i still believe that some of you haven't really thought things through and will continue to believe so. Most of these suggestions are inherently biased and wishful thinking. What i claim or suggest atleast tries to complement what we know and can measure about the universe today, and it would change accordingly.
>>
>>661660376
My point precisely.
>>
>>661659863
wait yes youre right
>>
>>661660399
then i guess i should take them out of their misery too while i'm at it. Thanks anon no one has ever believed in me like this before.
>>
>>661647210
what kind of mongoloid clan do you live with and how did you get access to a computer
>>
>>661660594
*high-fives you with slit wrists*
>>
>>661660038
you mean you dont remember?
haha i thought everyone remembered
>>
>>661660513
>books
nerdloser detected
>>
i think there is no use thinking about it, a small child has no way of comprehending a romantic relationship because he has no way of understanding it. you could try and explain it but its like us trying to comprehend what happens when we die. in the end our brains cant understand so no use worrying about it unless you want to kill yourself but thinking will get you know where.

TLDR we cant understand afterlife so dont even think about it
>>
>>661660804
in the before times in the long long ago.
>>
>>661660423
that sounds awfully egotistical of you to say
and what would be the purpose of that anyway?
>>
You go to purgatory regardless of your life here on earth. The purpose of earth is to populate the universe with souls, a privilege the God reserved for mortals.

In purgatory you have a square, a single square large enough to sit on. Everyone else has a square as well and they're all lined up on a grid. Every day the squares move and you get eight new neighbor. You talk to your neighbors day after day until you either love them or hate them.

If you love them you go to heaven, where you're given a home and a door. The door can open to anything you can imagine, from a supernova to a brothel. If you use it for sin you go back to purgatory. If you hate your neighbors you go back to purgatory.

Like in purgatory, you get new neighbors every day, but you can still use the door to pop in on the people you like the most. The biggest difference is that in heaven everyone has learned to appreciate everyone's story and admires them as a person.

Hell is the complete opposite. Everyone hates each other and just wants everyone else to fuck off. If at any point you get tired of that and desire to be loved again you can be upgraded back to purgatory. It's all fluid.
>>
>>661660143
>because at least a third of us here have given thought to committing suicide.
correction: 100% of us
>>
Life is like a video game this lifetime. You just look at your dead body. Look at the score you did. Wonder if you could have played better. Look for another game to play in the cosmic meta-verse, put credits in that game and play another game. Some stay with the same game "past lives on same society and planet" while others move to another part of the cosmic arcade and play a totally different game on another planet and time. Question you have to ask, who is the cosmic game master and why is this meta-game continuing?
>>
>>661661042
nothing, such is life.
>>
>>661660399
but im not afraid im actually looking forward to it you are wrong fuck you
>>
>>661660948

We may very well be able to comprehend the afterlife, you don't know that. It's just, who's view of the afterlife?
>>
I believe that when you die there is
Darkness
Imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell
>>
>>661660859
>insulting people who can read
nigger detected
>>
>>661660654
As fun as this b8 game is, nah, you're wrong. They want it to be on their terms, just as you want it on yours. The only thing you can decide is yourself, and I know you wouldn't want your life as someone else's decision. So don't make theirs your choice. Kill yourself if you must, but you don't have the right to kill anyone else.
>>
>>661660403
are you fucking 12?
fuck you
>>
>>661661084
>You go to purgatory regardless of your life here on earth. The purpose of earth is to populate the universe with souls, a privilege the God reserved for mortals.
Martin Luther would be proud of you.
>>
>>661660316
Kalams cosmological argument kinda contradicts fine-tuning of the universe and intelligent design. Sry, but Christians really got this thing for contradicting themselves, does it turn you on?
>>
>>661661354
>reading
well dont you think youre fancy!
>>
>>661661084

Purgatory isn't in the Bible
>>
File: 1448090109143.png (401KB, 680x590px) Image search: [Google]
1448090109143.png
401KB, 680x590px
>>661660423
>solipsism
no thanks
>>
What if you are god, and we are all things made by you? The thing is, you wanted to enjoy life normally without knowing of your great power, so you temporarily erased your memory of being god, and put your powers away, until your "life" becomes over. Then, you can start a new life, as a randomly generated species, on a randomly generated planet, in a randomly generated universe, at a random time.
>>
>>661661167
probably just some faggot playing his alien version of WOW. God knows my life is filled with grinding.
>>
>>661660543
>I have never seen or read anything similar in the same sense.
well fuck man i guess my problem is that i make connections that are too broad because people are always telling me this shit goddamnit
>>
You're all asking the wrong question. What does the beforelife look like?
>>
>>661661415

In what way? And no, it doesn't turn me on. Your mother does...
>>
>>661661547
i have thought about this as well.
>>
>>661651707
Btw, how do they obtain DMT to put it on the market like it has been for a while? Like do these DMT drug lords personally go in and take it from dead bodies or what
>>
>>661661711

What do you mean by the beforelife? Any evidence of?
>>
remember what happens before you were born? it's the same thing after.
>>
>>661658752
Sometimes, I'd say if you stay up late at night, and think about going to sleep but being completely conscious during it, you'll get lucid dreams.
>>
>>661647210
This a fucking retarded thread /b/. Go read moar.
>>
>>661661369
actually i've always wanted a dramatic death. sudden and unexpected. Would be interesting and better than just dieing of some ailment as i probably will.
i'm not even joking.
>>
>>661661186
wrong
>>
File: hackerman.jpg (58KB, 540x531px) Image search: [Google]
hackerman.jpg
58KB, 540x531px
>>661661084
Nice.

Since you know this all for a fact, I can only assume that you got into the heaven and exploited the door to tell us this information.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 500x513px
>>661647210
I dunno and don't pretend to know, so just enjoy the ride while it lasts
>>
>>661661886
Exactly, how would we have evidence of it? It could exist, we just don't know, and probably can never know.
>>
>>661661084
>implying they have such things as fucking doors in heaven
>>
>>661661711
it was heaven back when satan was god's right hand man and before the diversion of spirits.
>>
>>661647210

I'm so sorry.
>>
>>661661713
adultery is a sin
you're going straight to hell, young man, big pastor billy foresees it
>>
I don't really know what I believe in atm but I'd like to say there's somewhere we go. It helps me sleep.
>>
>>661662011
no
>>
>>661662115

Well, we could know if we had an authority like a divinity telling us such info. For me, such a divinity is Christ, and such info is the heaven and hell paradigm.
>>
>>661661547
sounds pretty stupid tbh fam
>>
>>661661982
Then make a scene, but remember you're a hypocrite if you hurt anyone else to deal with yourself.
>>
>>661662187

Lol. But seriously, how does the Kalam argument and fine tuning contradict? I'm curios to your view now.
>>
>>661661711
i just remember going to the river for a refreshing drink
>>
I think that you wake up to the realization that you are a god and your life was merely an adventure to pass the time.

Rather than being a powerful, rich, amazing human being you chose to be normal in this adventure, a fag on /b, a fat, virgin, brony faggot.. why? Because youve already been everything else. Maybe on your next adventure you will be something else.
>>
>>661662402
Agreed. I don't want to be God. At best, maybe a lesser angel.
>>
Ever felt sad suddenly and you were not sure why? that was a spirit with no one to mourn them attaching themselves to you.
>>
>>661662352
dont waste your time thinking that theres no point when there is a point and youre supposed to be working towards it
>>
File: hahafaggot.jpg (20KB, 367x451px) Image search: [Google]
hahafaggot.jpg
20KB, 367x451px
"4Chan is home to the smartest people I know"

ROFL
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 307x461px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 307x461px
>>661661398
He had some good ideas but he was also a bit bonkers.

>>661661507
It's not in the Quran either. I guess that doesn't matter because I'm not a literal biblical Christian or Muslim.

>>661662044
No it's just a theory that I like to imagine. If you need proof for everything in your life it just means you're an autistic simpleton.
>>
>>661662572
Nah, being a /b/tard is the life.
>>
>>661662546
Not the same anon that said that, sorry bud. I don't know anything about the Kalam argument
>>
>>661662706

I'm not sure that's accurate. What source do you have for that?
>>
>>661662176
>implying satan isnt still, always has been, and always will be god's right hand man
>>
>>661661382
Are u a fucking spaz?
Fuck you
>>
>>661662544
how's that hypercritical? life whether it be mine or there's doesn't matter. whether we live or die makes no difference.
>>
>>661662635
nah being an angel sucks
>>
>>661661543
Or pantheism
>>
I can't believe OP thinks there are smart ppl on 4chan
>>
>>661662833
Lol, then my apologies.

>>661662779
Then what do you derive your truth from?
>>
>>661662779
>He had some good ideas but he was also a bit bonkers.
One and the same.
>>
>>661662852
>>661662706
literally tumblr
>>
>>661662729
i'm working towards death like everybody else. You can choose to believe whatever makes you feel good.
>>
>>661661713
Kalams argument:

"Everything that comes into being has a cause"

Fine-tuning of the universe and Intelligent Design:

"The universe is fine tuned and life and DNA is fine tuned to be supported by it".

Why would you need to fine tune DNA, if the universe is already fine tuned for life? If the cause of animals (not including humans here, we dont necessarily know what our cause is) is to survive in a pro created fine tuned universe, then why do they evolve? Evolution fine tunes the creature to the environment, its not the environment thats perferct, it's the creature.

Have i poked enough holes into yet? Are they dead yet?
>>
Time to /thread.

Life is merely time awareness. You feel time pass, the seconds tick tock. That's all life is. To stop feeling time is deaths greatest reward.
>>
>>661651341
Dam
>>
>>661662926
>hypercritical
>there's
whew
>>
>>661647210
Nothing. You just die. You stop being conscious. "You" ceases to exist. You become inert matter once again. You either get burned up or buried and then your atoms get recycled into something else and the cycle of life continues anew, Simba.
>>
>>661663066
deep
>>
>>661662856
not according to the bible. Jesus replaced him.
>>
>>661662957
Idk man. Having some wings and chillin in a white robe sounds pretty good to me. Besides, I meant lesser angel in the sense of a Demi-God or wizard.
>>
>>661661547
I have this exact same idea.
>>
File: 1437303250568.gif (1MB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
1437303250568.gif
1MB, 300x223px
>>661662179
I mean, there's some geniuses on 4Chan, i'm sure.
>>
>>661663122
youre wasting your life
i tried to help you
i warned you mann
>>
>>661661823
Yes you fucking idiot ever heard of organ harvesting?
>>
>>661663253
i blame auto correct.
>>
>>661661694
You could link to it you know? Or give your sources? That was kinda what i was hinting at.
>>
>>661663285
what if you continue being conscious
>>
It's interesting because Koko the gorilla said when asked what happens to gorillas after dead. He said three words: Comfortable black hole.
>>
>>661662926
If you've given your death enough thought to know you want it on your terms, so have they and you have no right to make it your own business. Life may be meaningless, but you should only change your own as you see fit.
>>
>>661647210
>smartest people I know
>4chan
You are fucking retarded. Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1446695794680.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1446695794680.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>>661652058
>"You Don't Dead"
>MFW
>>
>>661663358
Proof that autists are telepathic
>>
>>661663314
>believing the bible
>believing god's written statements
>not realizing that he's lying to you
>>
Near death experiences can be quite a thing, however once you are dead its over.
To quote a famous comedian, "I wont even know that im dead, you know why? because i'll be fucking dead!"
>>
>>661663419
nothing to waste. nothing you or i do matters.
>>
File: blot.jpg (181KB, 1327x1600px) Image search: [Google]
blot.jpg
181KB, 1327x1600px
Try to Imagine...

What it will be like to go to sleep and never wake up -

Now try to imagine what it was like to wake up having never gone to sleep.

That's when you were born.

-Alan Watts
>>
>>661663133

"Why would you need to fine tune DNA, if the universe is already fine tuned for life?"
That's like asking why you need to create a baby, if the room downstairs is already decorated....

Also, evolution isn't anything close to a fact, and I can demonstrate that. We have never once observed an increase in genetic info in the genome of a species through natural processes. Not once. We've run through hundreds of thousands of generations of fruit flies, and every single mutation was harmful. The evidence shows that mutations (screw-ups in the code) don't make up it better.
>>
>>661663544
I guess you'll find out when you die.
>>
>>661647487
I like this very much

btw If u wake up with an alien homie wearing a pink costume know that it is me. Johan.
>>
>>661663316
yeah the only nice part is that youre pretty
but then theres the whole having to serve god forever and not really having freedom
>>
>>661663358
Great. All you insecure teenage weeabos now not only think you are the center of the universe. You also literally think you are God. WTF.
>>
>>661663358
everyone does
its babby's first thoughts about life
git gud fagt
>>
>>661663456
My bad some of us didn't finish middle school you dweeb
>>
What happens when we die b? My thoughts are when we die our human experience becomes nothing. When we die our atoms are recycled back into the universe. As long as the universe exists we exist. Albeit in another form, but the atoms that made up our body return to the vast collective that is the universe. I don't know if human consciousness can survive a transition so dramatic, but whatever it is that makes us "us" becomes part of a greater unity. My 2 cents.
>>
>>661647210
there is a lil flower that shows you the amount of monsters you have killed with no reason througout your entire life, how many execution points you have gained and every cock your mom has sucked more than once
>>
>>661663769
My homie Garglezorp.
>>
>>661661823
DMT is naturally produced in certain plants. The ayahuasca brew is an example of basically making a stew of plants that contain it. Crystal form DMT is probably made in a Lab or some shit
>>
>>661663594
Why cant i change others? The universe doesn't care.
>>
So according to the laws of physics, nothing can travel faster than light. This includes information. This also means teleportation is impossible.

Why do I mention This?

Well if I were to teleport to the moon that would mean my consciousness would have to move from point A to B instantaneously or else i would be killed as each part of my body is ripped off and turned to information to reconstruct me on the other side. Or I could be created from scratch on the moon using atoms from point B. But that would mean that consciousness would only be the order your brain cells grew and interacted with the world (i.e. your memories). So you technically don't exist as anything more than your memories as consciousness wouldn't be able to travel faster than light.

So to me when you die you simply cease to exist but could technically live forever if your memories could be transferred or stored in another being or computer.
>>
>>661663133
All you've poked holes in are semantics
>>
>>661663760
no fuck you we need to know now
>>
I think you just sit around for a bit and think about all the things you have done and when you are ready you start walking and as you walk everything fades all your words and actions slip away like thousands of small lights in your head fading one by one until you are nothing but a vision of yourself in your rawest form at long last you reach a precipice where you look into the endless sea of life and at that time you can choose to sit and watch to see how the actions of your life affect others or leave everything behind and jump into this endless sea and let it envelop you and take you away into your new life
>>
>>661663667
soooo close, would have been perfect.
>>
will she be with me in my afterlife?
>>
>>661663785
True, but if that comes with utopia, I'd be okay with that.
>>
>>661663579
its funny because koko is a goddamn gorilla that doesnt understand wtf shes saying.
*deep breath*
huh thats really intersting man.
>>
Maybe you just swim in a toilet bowl. And that's it. That's just it.
>>
>>661663738
Did you literally just EVEN suggest evolution hasen't been proven. Yeah im gonna stop this discussion here. Go burn a witch and practice your dying religon somewhere else.
>>
>>661664182
FOILED AGAIN
>>
>>661664039
They do. You can change them with your personality and your actions, but you have no right to forcibly alter their character or the course of their life.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 224x216px
>>661663738
>>
>>661664078
some things can move faster than light. It's under what Eisenstein called "spooky physics"
>>
>>661664302
Pfft, so you can't even give evidence of your beliefs then! LOL, and you say I have a religion. Naturalism is a religion too. If you can't show an increase in info in the genome through darwinian means, then you believe in a religion purely by faith! I, on the other hand, will stick to believing in science.
>>
>>661661823
There are a few plants that produce ayahuasca which is a form of DMT. Though I'm sure people have tried either successfully or unsuccessfully to harvest it from humans. Basically ayahuasca lasts longer than DMT. Everything I've read says the former lasts for hours while the latter lasts a few minutes.
>>
File: 1439272384792.jpg (10KB, 251x233px) Image search: [Google]
1439272384792.jpg
10KB, 251x233px
>>661647210
You need to get out a little more.
>>
>>661664578
*Einstein
>>
>>661663881
your 2 cents is worth 1 cent fuck you!
>>
File: thumbs up.gif (224KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.gif
224KB, 160x120px
>>661654893
this made me laugh so hard
>>
>>661664493
No proof from you either?
>>
>>661664011
Damn beat me to the punch.
>>
>>661647210
I don't think there is an afterlife.
Being dead is a lot like when you sleep without dreams, except you don't wakeup.
>>
>>661664421
Why?
>>
we are fleshy machines that turn off
there is no other correct answer

enjoy reading garbage in vain
>>
Before i was born there was oblivion and when i die there will be oblivion
>>
>>661664290
Nah man, Koko understands herself and others.
The only difference is that unlike a dog Koko can reply.
And to the anon he's replying to, post link or it didnt happen.
>>
>>661647210
Comfortable hole
>>
>>661664300
thats what ive been doing for the past 30 years mannnn,
>>
I don't think anything will happen... after learning on Sunday that my father had died of a heroin overdose I concluded that there is no afterlife or god. We will all just be gone when we die.
>>
File: 1434556284216.jpg (354KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1434556284216.jpg
354KB, 1536x2048px
For the night is dark and full of terrors.
>>
>>661664797
So how is it like sleep?
>>
>>661664628
It's not that it hasn't been proven, it's that you're a fucking imbecile. Trust me, I used to be like you. Evolution is real, you're the moron.
>>
I don't mean to bring religion into this, but the bible describes death as only sleep. I enjoy that concept, the idea of finally being at rest. How wonderful it would be to have that feeling, being lost in a dream but knowing that you'll never again be burdened with waking. In my own definition on the other hand, Often times life is filled with such sorrow that I find myself hoping that this is all just a bad dream. That I'll wake up in another world, place, or dimension perhaps where happiness is not placed afar, as it is here. Whether everything is alright, in other words. >>661647210
>>
>>661664942
because when you wake up you have a nice hard boner
>>
>>661664752
If you have proof, fire away.
>>
>>661664900
what a weird way of discovering that. That shit happens everyday.
>>
>>661665057
Still no proof? Really fam? Come on! If it's real, it should be no problem...
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 672x1023px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 672x1023px
>>661663062
I derive truth from observation and analysis.
The afterlife cannot be observed or analyzed.
You cannot know truth about it.

So all you can do is speculate. That is my speculation based on my own beliefs about human nature. I don't think it's a truth. I would love it if it was, but i known it probably isn't. There's no point arguing about if it's true or not because you can't know. All you can do is get together and talk about whether or not you like other people's ideas.

Being that one faggot in the thread that's like "HURR DURR YOU CANT KNOWNIF YOURE RIGHT" is like being that fat guy on a nude beach that waves his pecker at children. Like congrats, you're part of the nude beach. But for fucks sake stop waving your willy at kids you weird freak.

That's you. You're just a sex offender on a nude beach scaring children.
>>
>>661664823
because they deserve to make their own choices within their short lives.It doesn't matter if life is meaningless, it's theirs. End yourself, I don't care. It won't do anything for you, but it's your choice, not anybody else's.
>>
>>661664900
youll get over it and see the truth eventually
>>
File: 1434428063036.jpg (48KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1434428063036.jpg
48KB, 490x490px
>>661664302
>Did you literally just EVEN suggest evolution hasen't been proven
These are the kind of people that believe there is actual evidence for evolution.
>>
>>661665188
;)
>>
>>661664628
Here you go fine ser, you're in for quite the reading. I am however certain you won't read it, as this is not a question of wether or not you question evolution, you outright deny it:

https://en.wikipedia org/wiki/History_of_evolutionary_thought
>>
>>661647210
When you die, you die. Everybody dies. I cant answer your question because you are asking what we think happens.

It makes no sense because nobody knows.

But I can say diz: I 'hope', that there is something after life and that It will be like this world but I will be a superhero or something. Or that I will wake up with a helmet on and look at my best friends and they will say "Lol, we made over 5000 points more than you in the Livealifegame.
>>
>>661665189
Burden of proof is on you to demonstrate an increase in genetic info. You have to prove evolution, as you believe it is a fact. If you want proof of God, I can give that later, but let's stay on topic for now.
>>
>>>661665356
What kind of god would do that?
>>
>>661665226
there is proof we just dont want to give you sources on something so elementary that you should have been learning it all your life
>>
>>661665136
You don't belong here
>>
>>661647210
>So what do you see?
Nothing...
>Experience?
Nothing...

You conscience fades into nothingness as your brain dies. You can not experience pain/suffering/love/happiness. There is nothing to be afraid of in death. Enjoy your life. Live it. It ends for us all one day.
>>
File: what.gif (1MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
1MB, 400x240px
>>661656125
>>661657489
wait what?
At first I thought I got it and now I'm confused.

So you are saying next time I could be a beeing (human) again with no memory or a tree or whatever?
>>
New thread.
>>661665399
>>
>>661664942
You know what it's like to sleep without dreams?
Remember those times when it felt like your head hit the pillow and then you were awake instantly the next morning?
You didn't notice the time lapse because there was no "you" there at the time, and you don't remember anything because you didn't dream.
Also, you didn't feel anything because your brain was effectively (though not totally) switched off.
I'd imagine death would be very similar, what with the lack of brain function.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.