[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
You have 10 seconds to explain why you are...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 283
Thread images: 36
File: 6OFFcY8.jpg (58 KB, 625x465) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
6OFFcY8.jpg
58 KB, 625x465
You have 10 seconds to explain why you are an Atheist.

GO.
>>
File: 1415698797892.jpg (12 KB, 215x149) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415698797892.jpg
12 KB, 215x149
>>
>>578940326
I don't have to "disprove" god because that's not how burden of proof works.
>>
becuz im #edgy and god is 2 mainstreem
>>
File: 1311642498241.jpg (152 KB, 600x462) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1311642498241.jpg
152 KB, 600x462
>>
>>578940826
you can't prove there isn't a god any more than anyone else can prove that there is a god.
Atheists are such edgelords
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
>>578941425
>>
Because I wouldn't worship a god who is immoral and has no evidence proving his existence.
>>
>>578941560
There is no need to disprove God, one might as well try to disprove unicorns.
>>
I'm not, I'm a Secular Humanist.
>>
If there is a god, why do niggers and Jews exist?
Atheists: 1
Theists: 0
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 500x750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 500x750
>>578940326
Cause I believe in shit I can see and test with my own fuckin hands. I'm not gonna take anyone's word for anything. The day God comes down from the heavens and touches me or some shit I'll take my ass to church and praise the fuck out of him.

/thread
>>
Wtf spidy this isnt a wincest thread wtf u doing

Or is derailing religion threads a thing now?
>>
>>578940826
Yes it is how it works. "God exists" (or more appropriately, the cause of the universe was an intelligent being) is not a claim in the same way that, "An invisible teapot orbits the moon" is a claim. In the latter case, there is a null hypothesis that can be adhered to. In the former, there isn't.

In fact, the former claim can better be compared to a coin flip. You cannot say, "I don't have any evidence the coin will land on heads so therefore I'm a tail-ist" because there isn't any evidence either way.

Similarly, there is no evidence that suggests that the cause of the universe was either an intelligent being or that it was an unintelligent process. Hence there is no null hypothesis and the claim, "I lack a belief in a God" makes no sense.

Well if you lack a belief in a God, I simply lack a belief in an unintelligent process.
>>
>>578940326
not an atheist nor a believer but I think the main issue I have with most atheists is that oftentimes they closely mirror the behavior of christians, i.e. trying to "convert" everyone, smug in the knowledge that they "know" there is not god etc.
>>
>>578940326

i was an agnostic, until this happened:


>1. God is the greatest being that can be conceived of
>2. God exists in the mind (we have thoughts about God, conceptions of God, etc)
>3. if a being exists in the mind, then a greater being would be one that exists BOTH in the mind AND in reality
>4. since God is the greatest being that can be conceived of, God must exist in reality.
>>
Declaring yourself to be an atheïst is the same fuckign thign as saying that NOT collecting stamps is your favourite hobby. I don't really give a shit what fedorawearing neckbeards believe in, but let's be honest: nobody cares one bit about whatever you MLP-wanking think about.
>>
Why do I need to disprove something to someone else to not believe it exists?

I don't need to prove to you there is no poz anus orbiting jupiter to not believe there is.
>>
>>578940326
I'm no longer a child that believes in fairy tales or cloud wizards.
>>
>>578942012

Because whites can't do anything?
>>
>>578940326

OP, have you ever asked a self-proclaimed what type of atheist they were?
>>
>>578942202
I'm really fucking confused. What are you going on about?
>>
I'm agnostic mostly because I don't give a fuck anymore whether there is or isn't a God or a Heaven or a Hell or whatever else. I'm sick of you fuckers shouting down each other constantly.

Although, I kinda HOPE there is a God or some kind of higher power. It makes the world, well, less scary.
>>
>>578942704

it's an ontological argument, only it doesn't mention any bullshit about "perfection".
>>
File: rome africa.png (667 KB, 729x905) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rome africa.png
667 KB, 729x905
>>578942561
>>
Hello, if u stop reading u will die tonight. My name is Gamma. I'm already dead I had no friends if you don't post this on 5 threads you will die at exactly 11:59 pm. Don't believe me? A guy named jake read this and laughed. that same night I took a knife and stabbed him to death. you dont wanna be jake do you? A girl named Sandra read this and posted it on 3 threads. Silly girl. Only 11 but later she saw me and ran to her grandmothers house and asked to go to the bathroom but guess what? I was already there now she is in a coma. Smart boy fell his tea and reposted 5 times and the next day he won the lottery and his girl said yes to marriage. 0 reposts = death. 1,2,3 or 4 reposts = coma. 5 reposts = something good is gonna happen to you .
>>
>>578942202
The superlative of a set need not exist.

e.g. what is the greatest real number that is strictly less than two? There is none.

Learn2Logic
>>
>>578942704
Anon is quoting pasta that changed his religious beliefs. He's trying to be funny, I think he succeeded.
>>
>>578942137
>there is no evidence that suggests that the cause of the universe was either an intelligent being or that it was an unintelligent process
This may be true, but there is also no evidence for or against leprechauns. Yet you would not hesitate to say you do not believe in those (hopefully you would not...)
>>
>>578940326
as an atheist, i have never once started a war.
>>
>>578943024

Your picture needs updating. I didn't see the building America in there.
>>
>>578942704
Does Supperman real too?
>>
Evidence does not support the God proposition.
>>
>>578943192

false analogy. operative word: conceivable.
>>
What's a God ?
>>
honestly, they all should have given up when we shot a rocket through the clouds into space where god is supposed to be. and we landed on him.

>god is the moon.
>>
>>578943395
>no evidence for or against leprechauns

Right. Not believing in leprechauns is called adhering to the null hypothesis.

However, how the universe came into being is a dichotomy. Either it was some intelligent being or it was some unintelligent process.

Put another way, there is nothing we have to explain that a leprechaun satisfies. It is simply a random claim made for no reason. However, we do have something to explain when discussing if there is or is not a god. Why is the universe here? Why isn't it all just nothing?

A God is a plausible, albeit as yet untestable explanation for that observation. An unintelligent process is also a plausible, albeit as yet untestable explanation to the observation. So I don't see how you can adhere to either one and claim you are simply adhering to the null hypothesis. There is no null hypothesis in this situation. Just like there is none when you flip a coin.
>>
Have you heard of the omnipotent paradox?

Can an omnipotent being, ie god, create a rock so large he cannot lift it?

Either he cant create a tock that big or he cant lift it. Both disprove an omnipotent being.
>>
Agnost here, gtfo with your religion faggot
>>
If God exists he will stop this thread from 404ing

Checkmate christians.
>>
>>578943735
Incorrect, one can conceive of a largest real number that is strictly less than two just as one can conceive of any deity one would like.

In fact by writing the previous sentence I have conceived of such a number. I have formed and communicated the idea of a number that is strictly less than two and is bigger than all of the others that are strictly less than two.

The ability to conceive of a thing is not predicated on the existence of said thing.
>>
>>578940326
no one can prove nor disprove santa claus either, but does that mean i shouldn't buy christmas gifts for my friends and family?
>>
I.Q over 75, that's why I'm an Atheist.
>>
>>578944534

ok...so god isn't omnipotent.
>>
>>578940326
It is simpler to assume an absence than to assume a presence.
>>
>>578940326
There is no god. The universe is run on physics, on systems that run how things operate. Physics controls how everything interacts. What we call "life" is a system in itself, that runs because, now that it's been initiated, continues to run. By consuming energy, it is able to continue its functions, exactly like a star. Even our consciousness is just a system. Much like a computer, exactly like a computer, actually. If you look at the internals of a computer, you see that there is no POINT to why it runs. It runs because there is a system of physics that allows it to run that way. We didn't INVENT it, we figured it out. Much like our own brains, on a ridiculously more complex scale. There is no point to life. We are automatons, running on energy, that exist simply because, in some point and time in the infinity that is the universe, life, one of the countless system in our universe, began.
>>
>>578942137
wow u almost got me with that strawman. try harder christard
>>
>>578942202
the greatest thing my mind can conceive of is a giant purple unicorn that can shit cyclical universes. therefore it must exist? fuck you and your centuries-old, debunked "logic"
>>
>>
File: 1415292556116.jpg (3 KB, 250x187) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415292556116.jpg
3 KB, 250x187
>>578944767
>>
>>578944896

>one can conceive of a largest real number that is strictly less than two

nope.

>In fact by writing the previous sentence I have conceived of such a number.

no...you haven't. you have loosely defined a possibility of a number. that's not the same as conceiving of something.

1) this argument isn't concerning numbers.
2) this argument only works for what it concerns.
>>
>>578944448
>some intelligent being
This is a plausible origin, but it is not at all the same as believing in a god. Gods (in *almost* every religion) are just like leprechauns: manlike, but magic.
>>
>>578945278

1) that's not the argument.
2) this argument is irrefutable.
>>
File: 1317843316865.jpg (75 KB, 598x438) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1317843316865.jpg
75 KB, 598x438
>>
>>578945048#
but almost every religion that describes a god describes them as an all powerful omnipotent being
>>
>>578942202
1 The creation of the world is the most marvellous achievement
imaginable.
2 The merit of an achievement is the product of (a) its intrinsic
quality, and (b) the ability of its creator.
3 The greater the disability (or handicap) of the creator, the more
impressive the achievement.
4 The most formidable handicap for a creator would be nonexistence.
5 Therefore if we suppose that the universe is the product of an
existent creator we can conceive a greater being - namely, one
who created everything while not existing.
6 An existing God therefore would not be a being greater than
which a greater cannot be conceived because an even more formidable
and incredible creator would be a God which did not
exist.
Ergo:
7 God does not exist.
>>
>if there's an infinite set of universes and all possibilities are possible
>it means there's a universe out there where god exist and a universe that god does not exist.

but then again this is just a theory
>>
Too lazy to go to church.
>>
>>578942202

I was a Christian, until this happened:

>God proclaims to have put everything on Earth for the benefit of his chosen species, man who was "made in his image". Every plant, animal and natural element. Then why did he make asbestos, which is a natural forming element but ONLY HARMFUL TO MAN, not harmful to any other animal.

Does not compute.

>God claims to be beneficent, and the fact this planet feeds us, waters us and gives us shelter is proof. Right? So why did he make child cancer and other child mortal diseases?

Does not compute
>>
>>578945564
You can draw the analogy to all the crazy, untestable theories being proposed in theoretical physics today - multiverse theory, multiple dimensions, etc.
>>
Hello, if u stop reading u will die tonight. My name is Gamma. I'm already dead I had no friends if you don't post this on 5 threads you will die at exactly 11:59 pm. Don't believe me? A guy named jake read this and laughed. that same night I took a knife and stabbed him to death. you dont wanna be jake do you? A girl named Sandra read this and posted it on 3 threads. Silly girl. Only 11 but later she saw me and ran to her grandmothers house and asked to go to the bathroom but guess what? I was already there now she is in a coma. Smart boy fell his tea and reposted 5 times and the next day he won the lottery and his girl said yes to marriage. 0 reposts = death. 1,2,3 or 4 reposts = coma. 5 reposts = something good is gonna happen to you . .
>>
File: 1315707029203.jpg (81 KB, 474x336) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1315707029203.jpg
81 KB, 474x336
>>
>>578946592
fuck off
>>
>>578946407
>asbestos
>not harmful to other animals
>>
>>578946580
I'm not a theoretical physicist or even a little bit familiar with theoretical physics, so I won't comment on those theories. All I know for sure is that the idea of an invisible, benevolent, all-powerful father figure who also never actually does anything we can observe just smells like bullshit to me in the exact same way as leprechauns, unicorns, Easter Bunny and so on.
>>
>>578945804

that's kinda true. but consider that almost every religion is wrong. or even every religion.
>>
>>578946407
>muh devil creates everything evil
>>
>>578945875

Dat second step logically fellatious. You're assuming the existence of a creator which has no evidence.

I know you're arguing that god or whatever doesn't exist and I agree with you; however, if you remove the second assumption the rest of it become moot... lol
>>
>>578945875

a creator god is inconceivable. not interested in theism. deism, maybe.
>>
>>578947020

look it up fuckhead. It's onlu harmful to humans because of the size of our nodes in our lungs are exactly the right size for asbestos perticles to get stuck in. Any other animal's lungs can breath asbestos in and out without harm as the elements do not get ledged in the nodes.

Anything else ignorant cunt?

Anyway...even if your ignorant statement was true, why would he make a NATURAL ELEMENT that would harm "God's creatures".

DOES NOT COMPUTE FUCKER...YOU HEAR IT? DOES NOT FUCKING COMPUTE = DOES NOT EXIST.
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 124x116) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 124x116
>>
>>578946407

you were a christian? that's dumb.
>>
>>578941560
you can't prove that there's no fairies. yet most people are perfectly willing to accept it's a social construct. however, when it comes to gods, it's taken seriously... although there's literally thousands of concepts of gods, all bearing the traits of the culture that believes in them. even the christian god isn't the same in america as it is in the middle east where the concept came from.

and especially with monotheists, each individual seems to think that their god totally agrees with everything they think is right. as if the god relies on what that person thinks. the idea of gods can even be traced. it shows that a culture will believe in a god or gods that seem to explain all the unexplained things around them.

and many of the gods people believe in excludes the existence of other gods, and monotheism excludes every other god.

so one thing is clear, and that is that gods are a social construct. whether there is a god or not, we do know we make up gods. because if monotheism was true, it means we made up all the other ones. and if polytheism is true, then at least the monotheistic gods are made up.

and so, if we know for a fact that humans have a tendency to make up gods that adhere to their culture, then you can be very sure it's an idea we made up. that means that there's no reason to assume such an idea to be anything else than any other myth or story we have invented.

we may not be able to prove there is no god, but we can prove with 100% confidence it's a man-made concept. and if there was a god, it still would mean that the probability any of us got it even remotely right, is basically at 0%, considering how fucking advanced and detailed the universe is, and we didn't research it before we made the concepts of our gods.
>>
because no fucking supreme being would allow innocents to die, unless said being was a total dick. so, If you want to say your "god" is evil, I'm listening.
>>
>>578947514
Got a point most diseases are specific to a single species
>>
I cannot prove nor disprove the existence of a deity so I choose not to believe.
>>
File: 30111111.jpg (117 KB, 630x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
30111111.jpg
117 KB, 630x400
>>578943559
>>
>>578945419

The ontological argument rests on the assertion that the superlative object must necessarily exist. The non-existence of greatest number strictly less than two is a counter example to that assertion. Conception is not predicated on existence.

As to the particulars of my example, it is not loosely defined. The concept is in fact quite precisely defined, and has rather specific and unique properties.

Again the fact that it has been communicated is indicative that the concept has been formed in the mind. I.e. it has been conceived.
>>
>>578948276
Look guys hes here!
>>
>>578947437
No, I'm conceiving of a creator. A creator can exist or not exist. In both cases it is conceived of. Similar to 0 and 1 being real numbers. 0 is nothing though it remains a real number.
>>
>>578945267
But why is all this here? Why are physical laws the way they are, why not some other set of laws?

I'm not religious but pure reason only gets you so far...
>>
So I can sin all day long
>>
>>578940326
Correct, it can't be proven either way. I just don't buy it because, to me, the theory that it was a way of getting people to actually follow societal rules rather than just paying lip service when others were watching makes more sense
>>
Its a weird thought. Just imagine if all discoveries and knowledge were wiped out and humans were back to only knowing what fire is. Eventually all of the technological and scientific discoveries would eventually develop again. But most likely an entirely different set of religions would develop.

If one religion developed again, I feel like that would be compelling evidence of a god.
>>
File: 1415603681225.jpg (42 KB, 500x340) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415603681225.jpg
42 KB, 500x340
>>578940326
>>
File: 1352404099282.png (154 KB, 500x313) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1352404099282.png
154 KB, 500x313
>>578941560
see >>578947931 since he has a better understanding then you
>>
>>578948338

>The ontological argument rests on the assertion that the superlative object must necessarily exist

no. no no no. so many no's, i need a minute to see where to start.

ok. there is no "the" ontological argument. there are hundreds.

i didn't even bother reading the rest of your post.
>>
>>578940326
Why? Why do I have to explain anything to you?
>>
>>578948715
>atheist
>calling it sin

you wouldn't call it anything. you would just be killing, stealing and committing adultery. It's only a sin in religious context.
>>
>Mattism
/thread
>>
>>578947437
>>578947437
>1 The creation of the world is the most marvellous achievement
imaginable.
Assumes that the universe was created so your first step should actually be...
1. The Universe was created.
I'm just letting you know your'e begging the question. I agree with your conclusion just not your logic.
>>
I don't believe
>>
Personally, i don't like the idea of the magic book from a million years ago with all the answers in it saying how someone should live their life and what to do to make what happens after life better for them. Religon is so selfish it's insane. You spread your belief on to people who can't give less of a fuck just to make whatever happens to you better. It's for cowards that accept things for how they are and want more to life than it has to offer and they think God is the answer.
>>
>>578949625
>>578948638

Sorry didn't mean to reply to myself.
>>
File: no.gif (1 MB, 158x129) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
no.gif
1 MB, 158x129
because its a stupid story invented by our ancestors to explain why the sun rises.
>>
>>578948714
Do you know the big bang theory. Instantaneously at the start of time the universe was formed in the big bang. Both dark matter and regular matter were created in equal proportions. This created the laws of phisics which instantly all matter and energy was bound to.
>>
>>578949754
Go kiss some more boys.
>>
>>578948638

>I'm conceiving of a creator

nope. a creator of existence is inconceivable.
>>
>>578948117

I was born a Christian, not by choice they forced me by sending me to Christian school but soon as I was independent I got out...
>>
>>578950259
you just proved yourself wrong by saying that.
>>
>>578950726

nope. my god is conceivable. thus, not a creator.

because the idea of a creator is a pretty dumb fucking idea.
>>
>>578948967
>If one religion developed again, I feel like that would be compelling evidence of a god.

what about religions which die and go out of fashion...like Paganism?

Religions evolve just like technology. Further proof religion is all mumbo jumbo bullshit made to calm and "civilize" the masses. In fact what actually happens is it causes war , death, famine and suffering. Organized reiligions are evil.
>>
>>578949416
As you like, but I hope you have something more substantial than ``no''.


Also, I suppose took it as read as the ontological argument [that we are currently examining], but I accept the correction.
>>
>>578950524

i was raised to be catholic, but i never believed in that shit.

there is a confirmed inverse correlation b/t religious belief and iq.
>>
>>578940326
Did you mean why i dont believe in a god?
If so, i just dont see any good enough reasons to start believing and dont get me wrong, its not a choice.
>>
WHY WOULD THERE BE A GOD
>>
>>578940326
Faith in god/gods isn't at all reliable. There's no reason for me to have faith in god/gods when there are much more reliable methods of describing how reality works that aren't just guessing.
>>
>>578951236
>there is a confirmed inverse correlation b/t religious belief and iq.


I totally believe this to be true as well...just look at rednecks and how religious they are down in redneck land i.e. Bible Belt
>>
what the profits thought god was actually an alien BOOM! theory solved BTW the people of that time were really stupid and didnt have much of a developed language so they wrote down the best that they could explain what they saw.
>>
>>578941801
Unicorns are in the Bible as well.
>>
>>578951765
No they aren't.
>>
>>578951765
Something isnt true just because its in the bible, just like the bible isnt all true just because it got 1 thing right.
>>
>>578946407
Man sinned and fell short of the glory of God. The wages of sin is death. This is why bad things happen to people.

And this was answered in the first three chapters of the book you're trying to discredit. It might make sense to read at least three chapters of a book before discrediting it don't you think?
>>
>>578951567

>profits

err...PROPHETS

And the bible was written centuries after "Christ" supposedly died. But yes..all bullshit. I don't believe he was an "alien", just a clever con artist with silly tricks..like the snake charmers, who wooed his people against the invading Romans. Who executed him to "save humanity"? Oh yeah the Romans..how convenient. Fact is Jesus was the modern day Bin Laden and Roman Empire modern day US of A.

In hundreds of years, if Islam becomes the prominent religion, Bin Laden will replace Jesus as the "savior of humanity" and anyone who says different will be thought a nutcase and made a pariah...
>>
File: Cat lungs.gif (2 MB, 640x381) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Cat lungs.gif
2 MB, 640x381
>>578942182
These kind of atheists are like that from growing up in societies where people used legislature to restrict others' rights because their priest said to. Even if that belief wasn't in the Bible.

Religion in modern times is a huge drag on human progress.
>>
If god does not exist, why would anyone be upset that people believe in him? I do not believe in leprechauns, but am not upset if others believe in leprechauns.

Poor understanding of burden of proof: 1
Straw man argument: 1/2
Intelligent discussion: 0
>>
>>578952385
>And the bible was written centuries after "Christ" supposedly died

no.
>>
Apatheist bitch.
>>
>>578940326
Prove to me that I cannot fly, cannot teleport, cannot freeze time, cannot transform,

Hell prove to me I didn't just fuck you in the ass while you were sleeping.

Once you prove that, I'll consider your god
>>
>>578952363
>The wages of sin is death.

What sins have babies who die from measles or other diseases made?

The God you believe in must be very evil if he kills babies who have never even learned to walk let alone sin.

I'm glad I don't believe in your evil wizard in the sky BABY KILLER. What an evil fuck he must be...to kill poor innocent babies. Would never worship such an evil entity...if what you say is true.

You can though...
>>
>>578940326
Nah fuck that. I'd say I'm agnostic if I had to define my religion. I just plainly don't give a fuck about it, life goes on.
>>
>>578952659
because they lie about it, they control people with it, they evade taxes using it, they makes stupid laws with it and they kill eachother over it.
Do i need to go on?
>>
>>578952828
Can / did you?
>>
>>578952716

That's what they taught us in Religious Education class in a Catholic school. Of course revisionist "history" bulshitters liek you who say dinosaur bones are made from chiken bones because they are not mentioned in the bible as god ever having created them...make up all sorts of crap to defend your idiotic fantasy about a bearded wizard in the sky.

Whatever...
>>
File: 1409624982655.jpg (31 KB, 241x320) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409624982655.jpg
31 KB, 241x320
Russell's Teapot
>>
>>578940326
I could disprove god, at least in the way you think of a creator. But it really would not matter. You would not believe me, even if I could show you something tangible. bad troll is bad. I suggest if you want to have a religious debate, build a time machine (yes it's possible) go back to 2016 and watch for yourself as the EDOs (Extra Dimensional Organisms) are introduced to the world and all the religious systems around the planet collapse. This is like 6th grade GIH (Galactic Interspecies History) we are talking about here.
>>
>>578953852
god can easily be disproven beyond reasonable doubt, too bad religious people are not reasonable.
>>
>>578945026
Great bait
>>
Religious people are Atheists as well. They don't believe in other Gods only theirs. When you understand why you disprove all other Gods, you will understand why I disprove yours and all.
>>
>>578952716

oh and I like your certainty: "no". Like you know more than scholars who have been studying the bible for all their life but still are not sure when it was written. You religious nuts are the dumbest, thickest shit on the planet...it's because of morons like you we never evolve beyond the primitive Dark Ages stage. Do you also still believe the Earth is flat and the sun revolves around the Earth? You might as well since what you believe has no bearing on reality.

Please don't breed..
>>
>>578952901
This isn't karma. It rains on the just and unjust. It is sin that in general causes measles to exist and babies to die.

What you are claiming is essentially an appeal to emotion. Human beings are absolutely evil and incapable of a single good deed. That is a fact.

Gravity, for example, is also a fact. If I jump off a bridge and die on impact, that's sad. But you can't make the argument, "That gravity is mean and kills people. I don't like it. Therefore it's not true."

Similarly, if you don't like that mankind is evil, you can avoid it. But it is a fact.
>>
>>578953616
>That's what they taught us in Religious Education class in a Catholic school

no, they didn't. that may be what you took away from it. but no. nobody taught you that.
>>
>>578940326
I am an athiest because there are so many religions that all predict gods and the origin of the universe. If they knew so much about gods they would know much more about reality in general. Like that our universe isn't the biggest thing out there. It's a multiverse. Multiple dimensions stacked upon each other. There was existence before the Big Bang. If we knew so much about God we would know just as much about the universe. But every religion seems to be mentally retarded when it comes to physics and that itself is enough to dismiss all religions.
>>
>>578942202
That's called having an imaginary friend.
>>
>>578954294
>Like you know more than scholars who have been studying the bible for all their life but still are not sure when it was written


which part?
>>
File: qRDC0hj.jpg (44 KB, 700x467) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
qRDC0hj.jpg
44 KB, 700x467
>>578954191
In your future, people will be murdered in the street like the ancient west. Hung in the town center for all to see. As a reminder of what happens when we let religion take hold in our society. Great change comes to you on fiery wings of steel. And with vibrations of malice the ground shall crack and crumble swallowing all. The new age is upon you humans. I hope you are ready. :)
>>
>>578940326
1) Any religion is based on faith
>and faith has no hindrance on proof
2) who gives a fuck besides self righteousness nig nogs who think their opinion matters
>>
>>578954594

i doubt if it knows i exist.
>>
I am not an atheist by any stretch. I personally have faith.
You can say that faith is for the wretched or the blessed. It might be said that faith is only for anons that have not faced great evil or anons that have never needed to face it.
Atheists tend to be the bland folks that have not been tested.
>>
>>578954363
>This isn't karma. It rains on the just and unjust.


Then your God must be evil. Fine, just admit it and I;m fine with that. Unless you can rationalize somehow why an omnipotent being would be happy with seeing babies die. Then you must have the mentality of a psycho...which you probably are as religions and psychosis seem to go hand in hand i.e. all the priests who abuse children.

> If I jump off a bridge and die on impact, that's sad. But you can't make the argument, "That gravity is mean and kills people.

You have a choice whether to jump or not, babies do not. Suicide is supposedly "a sin", babies have never sinned. Why would God be content with the fatc he created a disease which could kill babies? HE MUST BE FUCKING EVIL, THERE'S NO OTHER EXPLANATION.

You can accept it...I wont. If there is a God he is evil. And there's nothing you can say that can disprove it if you are a normal, rational human being.

Unless you are content with your God killin babies because of the sin of other men... so why did this Jesus fellow come down to "save" us.

Fucking weird religion you worship..might as well worship a couch.
>>
>You can neither prove nor disprove god

This is a meaningless statement. It ventures nothing and asserts nothing. I'm an atheist because, while there's no proof against it, there's no real reason to believe in it in the first place.

"Buh-buh, how did the universe begin?"

The fact that there's still mystery in the universe doesn't automatically mean there's a god either. To me, saying 'god did it' is self condemning in that it admits to having a limited imagination. Just because something is complex doesn't mean it was intentional. Or planned. We are the pattern seeking life forms here. We name and chart the connections, but as far as the universe is concerned our consciousness could exist or not exist; same difference. A man admiring a beautiful mountain may think in his mind that the mountain was created for him to admire. The mountain itself has no regard for the man admiring it. The mountain is the result of tectonic plate movement. This would have happened whether or not any humans were there. The man's admiration for the mountain is incidental in regards to its nature.

Your father was flesh and blood.

Trying to claim a god of our own design created all this is too solipsistic. It makes you feel important by proxy because your dad built the entire universe. The reality is that we're just a mere part of this much, much, much larger picture.

In other words, the universe doesn't need us. For us to assert our own character as the creator of everything reveals the limitation of our understanding. We find the real answer by observing, not by repeating a story someone told us to believe.

tldr: I'm an atheist because I believe that we gain knowledge by discovering the universe as it really exists, as opposed to assuming it was built by a human invented father figure.
>>
File: 1413326777830.gif (949 KB, 301x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413326777830.gif
949 KB, 301x300
>>578954594
What if I told you that you were the God you so desperately cling to....
>>
>>578952945
You're an apatheist
>>
>>578954396


Yes they did u cunt. Were you there? How do you know they did not? I absolutely can confirm, you religious nut, that they taught us that and still do. Do you even fucking know where I am from? No exactly you assuming dickhead.

You fucking religious weirdos are so arrogant and thickheaded. Jeeezus!
>>
>>578940326
The atheistic standpoint isn't that god(s) clearly don't exist. It's just a lack of belief.

A gnostic atheist however would have something to prove.
Nice try, OP.
>>
>>578955827

>Yes they did u cunt.

no. no they didn't.

> I absolutely can confirm

no, you can't. you're just mistaken, is all.
>>
>>578954596

Like this you cunt..

http://www.juancole.com/2014/02/jerusalem-archeology-written.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/02/140210-domesticated-camels-israel-bible-archaeology-science/

http://www.ibtimes.com/oldest-camel-bones-undergo-carbon-dating-direct-proof-bible-was-written-centuries-after-events


I await your mumbo jumbo bullshit to disprove professors who have dedicated their life to proving the Bible was written centuries after the death of this so called "jesus"..
>>
>>578940326
Agnostic because I've had supernatural encounters.
>>
>>578956247

fuck off idiot...you're just a thickheaded religious nut who can't accept the truth and holds onto this bullshit daddy figure in the sky because you are an insecure and weak human being who "must be guided by the shepherd" i.e. no better than a fucking farm animal.

Use your own brain if you have one not the one your pedo priest had when he molested you...cunt
>>
I was mormon nd got molested in the bathroom by the bishop. Couldn't be christian and enjoy ass rape, so I picked atheism to enjoy all the ass rape I could
>>
>>578956620
Doesn't count if you were on drugs.
>>
>>578956414
>http://www.juancole.com/2014/02/jerusalem-archeology-written.html

ok well just looking at your first source nowhere does it say the bible was written centuries after christ died.

not even going to bother with your other "sources". you need to learn words better.
>>
>>578957059

>you're just a thickheaded religious nut

nope. not religious at all. told you: you're just confused.
>>
>>578957218
I wasn't.
>>
>>578956414
Speaking of faith, faith is believing something without evidence or despite evidence to the contrary. Carbon dating provides a range of possible dates, and can be wildly inaccurate. Carbon dating on cooled lava from 1900 gave results of thousand of years old. And if the levels of carbon present is not constant (protip: evidence suggests carbon in the atmosphere and environment is not constant) carbon dating could be off by one or more half-lifes in either direction.

But the current trend in liberal education is to tell people that unthinking, unquestioning acceptance of atheism and the theory of evolution is the highest form of critical thinking. (protip: read that statement carefully, think about what it means; then consider what evidence would be required to support life beginning as single-cell organisms and research if that proof exists).
>>
File: Sage.png (20 KB, 402x226) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Sage.png
20 KB, 402x226
>>578940326
Because there is no reason to believe god exists.
>>
>>578957284

JESUS CHRIST IT GIVES FUCKING PROOOOOF THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN CENTURIES AFTER...WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD???

Please don't fucking breed you fucking thickheaded bastard...

You need to learn how to capitalise after a period. I like religious nuts like you, always ready to criticize other people failings but never your own. FUCKING WEIRDO RELIGIOUS NUT HYPOCRITE BASTARD FUCK OFF.
>>
Gott ist tot
>>
File: Sage.gif (26 KB, 450x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Sage.gif
26 KB, 450x250
>>578942202
Oh god not this pasta again.

Please.

>please

>PLEASE

>ITS SO FUCKING STALE
>>
File: 1414647692543.png (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414647692543.png
39 KB, 500x500
>>578957059
please stop falling for obvious bait
>>
>>578957771

>JESUS CHRIST IT GIVES FUCKING PROOOOOF THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN CENTURIES AFTER

centuries after what?
>>
>>578957508
But what happened then?
>>
>>578957569

when you say "god" what do you mean, exactly?
>>
>>578957526

blah blah blah thank you for your uneducated bullshit. Carbon Dating is not open to interpretation and is very accurate. Despite what religious nuts like you think...whatever.

Next time you're ill please don't visit a doctor..all that science nonsense. Visit your priest...oh but wait. I bet you wont. Because deep down even you don't believe the bullshit religion you follow.
>>
>>578940326
Because I don't believe in ancient fairy tales about invisible men who like to convict people of thought crime.
>>
>>578958192
Thank you illustrating that unthinking and unquestioning constitute the highest form of critical thinking in this day and age. Very kind of you to prove my point.
>>
neither of you? okay
>>
One day, religion will be banished from Earth and so we can advance from the Dark Ages....
>>
>>578946407
Just look at the periodic table elements and how less than a third of it is required for human life. all the other shit is either inert or will kill you.

did god make argon for us, because it is absolutely useless for our biology.

do you need to eat uranium?

have you been diagnosed with a mercury deficiency?

and why did god make arsenic? so we could murder one another?
>>
>>578958136
Well I used to live in a haunted house. Saw this one specter as I would call it always laying on the couch in a mirror. Upstairs would change temperatures quickly. The basement was terrifying.

I was a kid at the time, but when we moved out I never had another one of these experiences.

Also seen UFO's fly around some, not really related to god but they're pretty cool.
>>
>>578958594

I gave you many sources, many reasons..you gave me none. You're a typical religious nut who wont reason, discuss or argue. So fuck off nutcase. Go join your army of pedo priests.
>>
>>578958815

lol...good points.
>>
>>578958160
Anything with the traits of a traditional god figure
>intelligent
>omnipotent.

Nice job baiting that other guy by the way, he's turnt as fuck
>>
>>578944534
Such a rock cannot exist. God could make a rock that fills the entire universe but he could still lift it
>>
File: 1413546893949.jpg (106 KB, 800x531) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413546893949.jpg
106 KB, 800x531
Because the creation of religion by humanity seems much more likely than the divine. I..don't really see how anyone sees it any other way when every human culture, even the totally isolated ones, all have some version of supernatural belief.

Anyone could just make up anything that couldn't be disproven. There is an invisible pink teapot orbiting the earth - can't prove me wrong etc etc. There's a reason we don't accept shit like that.
>>
>>578959028

you're confused again, anon. lrn2id.
>>
>>578959028
This is entertaining. So zero=many, thousands of years off (Hawaiian lava) is accurate and infallible, asking you to examine theories and statements and then examine whether or not they have adequate supporting evidence makes me a religious nut who won't reason. Is it still summer?
>>
>>578959413

i'm not baiting him. he said the bible was written centuries after 33 CE. he's just retarded.

back to your concept of god, are you saying there is no reason to believe anything intelligent exists?
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 500x378) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 500x378
Pic related every 3edgy5me atheist faggot in this thread
>>
>>578959434

>no

>you're confused

>lrn2etc.

typical religious nut...
>>
>>578959832

no, you think that other anon is me. you said you gave him sources. you didn't. that was me.

but let's get back to your claim that catholics taught you the bible was written centuries after christ.
>>
>>578959661

blah blah Hawwaii...blah blah lava....blah blah supporting evidence

Is that how pedo priests lure their victims? By filling their mind with random nonsense?

Definition of a sentence is that it is supposed to make SENSE.
>>
>>578940326
Cuz god made 1/2chan kill
>>
>2013
>believing in just one god
Stay heretical, monotheistic scum
>>
>>578959224
It also falls in line with the other theistic arguement that "The universe is fine tuned for life with all of the fundamantal forces and shit."

Really, have you ever tried living on mercury or pluto? How about the bottom of the ocean or the suffocating upper atnosphere? I suppouse humans could thrive upon the event horizion of a black hole because the universe is fine tuned for our type of life?

Fucking theists.
>>
>>578947969
Dying isnt even the worst thing to happen to someone. If they are innocent then they can live in paradise for eternity. If you want to believe in god than you must realize that this life is not all there is.
>>
>>578953217
What?
>>
>>578960235

you're talking to two people now, anon. not sure if either are religious.
>>
File: IcWhutUdidThur.png (20 KB, 250x292) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IcWhutUdidThur.png
20 KB, 250x292
>>578959798
Yes. Precisely. That's exactly what I meant alright
>nothing intelligent exists

Lol. I'm out bro, i've seen these threads before. Keep up the good work.
>>
>>578960531

adios.
>>
>>578960091
>you think that other anon is me. you said you gave him sources. you didn't. that was me.


NO FUCKING IDIOT I GAVE SOURCES IN PUBLIC SO ARE OYU SAYING BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT DIRECTED AT YOU THEY ARE LESS VALID YOU FUCKING CUNT??? READ THEM CUNT FACE STOP BURYING YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.

>hurr durr I will ignore anything not directed at me so I can carry on being ignorant and believing in a bearded wizard in the sky.

Also, I wrote: "I gave many sources" I did not say "I gave YOU many sources". Generalization..look it up FUCKING IGNORANT RELIGIOUS NUT
>>
>>578960505
>you're talking to two people now, anon. not sure if either are religious.


wow I now cunt, thanks for stating the obvious...and you care, why exactly?
>>
>>578940326
I'm fat and smelly and believe it will make me appear interesting and mysterious.
>>
>>578960716

yes, they were directed at me, because i asked for them specifically.

then you provided them and they weren't even relevant.

so again, where are the sources backing up your claim that the bible was written centuries after christ?
>>
the burden of proof is on the person making the claim
+point athiesm
>>
>>578959419
>God could make a rock that fills the entire universe but he could still lift it

Prove it. And why is your god a "he"?

Can your god do anything?
Can they do anything with a single thought?
Does your god know everything?
Does your god know how to destroy itself with a single thought?
Could your god destroy itself with a single thought?
Should not your god have destroyed itself with but a single thought if it can really do anything with a single thought?
And would not your god have already destroyed itself and the entire universe (with a single thought) by now?

Check-fucking-mate!
>>
>>578960984

>wow I now cunt

you what now? you forgot the verb.
>>
>>578961027

better than a smelly fat pedo priest who has no reason to wash except to pray to his bearded wizard in the sky...which is no reason at all
>>
Because I'm not.
I'm a Baptist. I go every Sunday, got baptized , the whole 9 yards.
>>
>>578961342
>you what now? you forgot the verb.

no I forget a "k" idiot. Your brain is shit, you couldn't work it out yourself? I am typing in the dark..deal with it your religion is still bullshit like 5 minutes ago.
>>
>>578961439
following the rituals of a culture doesn't mean you agree with the culture
>>
>>578960235
Summer is over kid. You have to contribute something other than butthurt and poor spelling. Otherwise, go back to reddit and tumblir.
>>
>>578961612

again, i have no religion. you're still confused. did you want to amend your statement that the bible was written centuries after christ? since you're typing in the dark and all?
>>
File: 1414386035243.jpg (52 KB, 500x420) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414386035243.jpg
52 KB, 500x420
Whether I could prove to you God exists would require you to accept one premise.

God created all that exists.

If you don't want to accept that single premise, is your choice.

However, let me assert one other factoid.

If I am religious and am wrong, there is no real penalty.

If you are atheist and are wrong, there is Hell to pay.
>>
>>578942202
Then where was god before beings who could think existed?
>>
>>578943083
Bring it on, heaven... chain letters ain't got nothing on suicidal betas.
>>
>>578962237

irrelevant. necessitation != creation.
>>
>>578961262
>prove it
I cant, i just have faith.

>why is it a he?
Because that is how i picture him

>can he destroy himself with a single thought?
He cannot be destroyed

>blah blah destroying universe with a single thought.
Im sure he has his reasons for not destroying the universe by now.

>check-fucking-mate!
There is no need to be upset.
>>
>>578962230
>He would know you're gambling for the 'best' outcome.
>>
>>578962230
>If I am religious and am wrong, there is no real penalty.

sure here is. following a religion your whole life. depending on the religion, that could involve a big waste.
>>
>>578962230
I dont think atheists will immediately go to hell, only if they are evil.
>>
>>578940326
1, because as a Jesuit scholar, I actually got to read the history of the abrahamic faiths all the way back to Egypt. It makes atheists out of everyone.

...and it taught me avery important lesson. I now don't believe things until I have a reason to believe them.

My default value is 0, not 1.
...if it was 1, I would have to believe in so much invisible undetectable magical supernatural speculation I would live my whole life in a cloud of confusion and not know which way was up.
>>
>>578962986
That depends. Does he send everyone but devout christians to hell, or just those that are evil. Does he send Westboro to hell?
>>
File: 1415048083743.jpg (37 KB, 455x568) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415048083743.jpg
37 KB, 455x568
>>578962691

I am not certain that He really cares if one is gambling, as long as one believes and follows him.
>>
What genuine basis is there for god(s)? why do you believe in god, religious posters? Do you have any reason or is it something you've accepted as you grew up? have you ever questioned your beliefs?
>>
>>578963321
I think westboro will go to hell. Jesus taught us to love our neighbor and be accepting of everyone. Westboro preaches hatred and i believe that they are evil.
>>
>>578942137
> so fedora
> such sperg
> wow
>>
>>578963485
Maybe not. But there's one way to find out.
>>578963732
Probably. They are a bunch of cunts.
>>
>>578963485

gambling on avoiding punishment != believing in and following
>>
>>578963576

I encountered a living incarnation of the devil when I was 16.

Was saved from certain death at 21 (parachute malfunction).

While I did not see God, there is no doubt tht the devil is real.

He talked to me and wanted me to follow him. He said that he would "save me".

It is all I needed.

I know for certain that I exist and that I did not create myself.

Therefore, I simply give that honor to God.

As I said, my simple definition is that He created all that is.
>>
>>578963994
In the end, it is up to god.
>>
>>578964065

i am not certain that YOU get to make the rules.

Sorry, though.
>>
>>578943559
Fuck yes it does. I ate supper earlier
>>
>>578964275
I would love to hear your story
>>
>>578964468

those are words, with definitions. i didn't make them.

gambling = unsure
>>
>>578944448
>>578962605
The only way I could see God as capable of being intelligent or existing is as some kind of giant brain or cloud of electrical impulses. This is my main concern with agnostic or deistic arguments saying that some sort of intelligent force created the universe. If this cloud or entity exists in our universe, wouldn't we at least EVENTUALLY be able to detect it? If it exists outside our universe, how was it able to create and then affect ours? If either of these are the case, then where did IT come from?
>>
Now the conversation is getting interesting again. I would argue religion and philosophy matter in the question of what happens after you die. When I was 15 I had a near death experience. There have been studies of what people report from near-death experiences (in big cities a dozen or more people a day may be revived from a near death experience). It varies by culture and religion, with younger people being less likely to report a tunnel of light or similar experience.

Humans interpret data in ways they can understand, it seems likely that whatever sensory input gets experienced is translated or interpreted into what the culture or religion says will happen. I don't know if any studies have examined what atheists report.
>>
>>578947514
This earth isn't supposed to be perfect, it was until adam and eve first sinned, then sin was born into an otherwise perfect world. This led people to follow the word of god to GET into heaven, not be born into it.
>>
File: miketyson.jpg (125 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
miketyson.jpg
125 KB, 1200x627
>>578940326
I wish to minimize my false beliefs and maximize my true beliefs.

One way I achieve this is by withholding belief if we don't know if it's true or not. Given the OP image, I cannot place belief in god, and doing so would be a threat to my desire to minimize false beliefs. So I abstain from believing one way or another.
>>
>>578940326

Because I stopped believing in fairytales when I was 4 years old.
>>
>>578962230
Unless your god isn't the right one
>>
>>578964275
What was this incarnation of the devil? And the parachute malfunction survival can be attributed to more than just an act of god. I rolled my car 4 times excessively speeding on the highway, walked away without a scratch, no harm came to me whatsoever. But I refuse to believe that it had anything to do with divine intervention.
>>
>>578965058
In the form of a medical evaluation from a clinic.
>>
>>578965345
Does God know everything?
>>
Agnostics reek of arrogance
>>
Because i fucking can be you dumb cunt
>>
>>578965058

Too long to tell here.

Just suffice it to say that it was a human dude that was clearly subservient to a higher power.

Eyes were piercing my own eyes like lightening while he repeated, "Don't worry son, I will help you. Don't worry, I will save you."

I literally ran away from him at that moment, because I felt the evil, even though what he said was "reassuring" and he was smiling while he said it.

I have never doubted since.
>>
>omnibenevolent god
>condemns people to an eternity of horrific torture

wut

just one of the many things that don't really add up...
>>
>>578965124

Where does it say that you can't have doubts, yet still follow God, what is good?
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 395x297) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 395x297
>>
File: bob faggot.png (75 KB, 175x191) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bob faggot.png
75 KB, 175x191
"I exist"-Almighty God

Pussy Atheist: 0
Good God fearing Christians: 3
>>
What if I told you that if you understand the concept of infinite perfection and thruth you somewhat believe in a form of transcendence. The object of God is alwats painted as a physic intellect bein. Yet, it could simply be the origin of something.
>>
>>578965414

Then I am wrong.

What is the harm, then?
>>
>>578966185
Agnostics are better than most other religious people in that they are more rational and are simply remaining neutral until an indisputable conclusion is reached. At this point agnostics are the only group that still have a glimmer of a chance since the amount of evidence against essentially all popular religions and the flaws in their ideologies prevent them from being a sound point of view, regardless of how much faith they might have in them.
>>
>>578966476
In the old and new testaments, God is directly attributed to killing 2.47 million people.

Satan killed 10.

Maybe the "God" of the Bible is actually Satan posing as God, and the one attributed as Satan is actually God. In that case, you ran away from God!
>>
>>578966997
in that case you wasted a lot of time energy and resources AND you're still going to hell
gg
>>
>>578965743

I am not writing this stuff to convince you or anyone else.

You continue your system of beliefs and your own world view.

I am sharing my point of view, for whatever it is worth.

I am probably twice your age, spent time in the military, I have killed many people including hand-to-hand combat.

I have two advanced degrees and retired before I was 40 years old.

I am not here to convince anyone of anything.

Go your way, I will go mine.

I am not disrespecting or trying to force my views.
>>
>>578966997
Then YOU go to hell
>>
Religion provides answers without any evidence to support their existence. Saying that a deity exists is similar to saying that there is a 900 feet long, pink dragon flying around the Earth.

Science is observation, hypothesis, experiment, analysis, and conclusion. There must be a reason to think something in scientific disciplines.

tl;dr: religion is wishful thinking.
>>
>>578966476
Hm, have you seen or read "the stand"? Your description of satan is similar to that story.
>>
But no one can acess the end of infinity so no atheist nor believer can fully comprehend with full integry the object of god. It would be like askin monkeys to describe the mind of the ubermensch contained in nietzsche theory.
>>
>>578967335

You may have your views.

I do not care.

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything.

I did not even mention religion, now did I?

I only wrote of my understanding and direct experiences.

I defined God quite simply. If you accept that anything exists and that it came from somewhere or something, then you also believe in my God.

Maybe you are the brainwashed one?
>>
>>578967861
How do you know god is at the end of infinity?
>>
>>578967427

What time and energy have I wasted?
>>
>>578967510
mhm ok
>>
could just kill yourself and find out if God is real or not
>>
>>578940326
I don't believe in god because Tim you're not my real dad and YOU CAN't MAKE ME GO TO CHURCH
>>
>>578967563

If there is a God, and I believe, I go to Heaven.

If there is no God, yet I believe, you say I am going to Hell?

How is that again?
>>
Getting this feeling that the thread's gonna end up 404ing soon.
>>
Person below me is a nigger
>>
>>578967949
Which god is your god m8? Because if it is the Christian one (which i suspect, considering all this talk of the Devil), then your statements are null. A God might exist. It is very unlikely but it is an argument that could be made with great difficulty. The Christian god however, is no longer feasible. The same goes for most forms of God being worshipped by people on earth.
>>
>>578940326
I am an atheist because I cannot believe in that God whose followers would look for validation on this website.
>>
>>578968338
no no, that was if you worship the wrong god, horrible troll can't even stay coherrent
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 807x664) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 807x664
>>
>>578969260
>of infinity so no atheist nor b

You may have whatever beliefs you choose.

Thank you for playing along.
>>
God believers are all for contributing everything to their chosen God. EVERYTHING. But as soon as something bad happens, "Oh shit, ummm, HUR dur it was the Devil dur."
>>
>>578940326
i atheist because god hates fags thus op is a faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 759x1135) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 759x1135
>>578969754
Wrong picture
>>
>>578968338
If you believe in the RIGHT god, you are rewarded, correct? So if I were say, a Muslim, and believed in Allah with all my heart, but the Christian god is the true god, I would go to hell. If the god YOU believe in is not the right one, Zeus for example, then you end up in the underworld.
>>
>>578969667

I am not disrespecting you, why do you need to become a douche bag?

If you want to believe in many gods, then you have that right. I am not trying to change your opinions.

Did you not read that already?

Your only retort is to call me a troll and to misspell coherent?

Really?

Time for little boys to go to bed.
>>
Science versus population control mechanisms. Boom.
>>
>>578969974

Really?

All people who believe in God do that?

Methinks you have no clue.

Some of us understand that we have free will and that things happen that are not under the control of "God".
>>
>>578969851
I don't understand what you've just asserted.

>of infinity so no atheist nor b

What does this even mean?
>>
>>578970290

You are making your own definitions, so why don't YOU tell us how your system works?

For the record, Allah is God. Muslims believe in the same God as Christians, and that there is one God.

But if you want to change the rules, go ahead.
>>
>>578971162

I have no clue where the green text came from.

I did not put that there.

Some weird artifact.
>>
>>578944448
Multiverse allows for many scenarios. Maybe there's no God in this universe but one god in other. Or multiple Gods in another, or dead Gods in yet another universe, or mortal to ascended godhood in yet another. Even if there's no god in this universe, it wouldn't rule out gods in other universes.
>>
>>578970832
Then God is pretty useless if he can't do shit. Go back to watching God's Not Dead m8
>>
I believe in what in what can measured and recorded. As far as 'God' goes, I havent seen anything to convince me s/he exists.
>>
>>578971192
Some Muslims would disagree with you.
>>
>>578962609
If your god can do anything with a single though and also holds all knowledge then your god must have within its thoughts the thought that would destroy itself with a single thought and if that thought were ever thought then it would have destroyed itself with that thought.

Think of that.
>>
>>578969754
HOLY SHIT AHHAHAHA LMAO.
That made my week.
>>
>>578940326
because i don't think there i such a thing as a god.
>>
>>578971483

You may have your system of beliefs.

Why do you argue against yourself?

I am not trying to change how you think. You have no clue how I think.

I told you, I define God simply as that which created all that is.

You don't have to accept my definition.

But why become a prick?

You clearly are undereducated and immature if you have to resort to ad hominem attacks.
Thread replies: 283
Thread images: 36
Thread DB ID: 20628



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.