[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /b/, poorfag here. I can save up about $27 for food each

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 5

File: meal.jpg (130KB, 1216x905px) Image search: [Google]
meal.jpg
130KB, 1216x905px
Hey /b/, poorfag here. I can save up about $27 for food each month. I have been buying bulk bags of B grade frozen veggies. I cook them in the microwave, salt, pepper, and furikake.

I have been eating pic related 3 times a day for almost 2 months now. For dinner I eat half a can of beans along with the bowl of veggies.

Does /b/ have any other ideas for me? Remember I have a budget of about $27 per month.
>>
>>578821584
You need to start sucking cock so you can afford mcdonalds.
>>
thought I might add I am not vegetarian or anything. beans are cheap protein and i thought if I could only afford to eat one thing it should be vegetables
>>
poor bastard
>>
do you have your own garden? if so grow some damn veggies.

also try dumpster diving, it's not glorious but it can supplement your food quite a bit. try raiding them just after the local supermarket etc closes, staff tend to dump cages of food out the back when they leave
>>
>>578821584
Take advantage of food banks and charities in your area. I used to go to a free dinner each Wednesday at this methodist church even though I already had plenty of food.
>>
>>578821973
I live in a city
>>
how about buying a huge bag of rice
i dont imagine that being very expensive. plus it goes together with the vegies somewhat well...
>>
What kind of job do you have that requires you spend less than a dollar a day on food?

Am I right in thinking this is actually some kind of charitable gesture or campaign to raise awareness of something?
>>
i'll give you 15$ for a blowjob
>>
>>578822158
I am on welfare. I sell my EBT for cash to pay for rent. I don't do drugs, I don't pursue hobbies. I spend a lot of time at the university library and I go to campus sponsored events that are free.
>>
>>578821584
Rice my man, and shoplift yourself some tofu/tofurkey erry once in a while.
>>
Oh and I work at a local lab as an intern. I am paying my own way through college
>>
yes or no? 15 bucks man
>>
>>578822246

So are you looking for a job? Eating broccoli every meal can't be good fun.

And you know what, I'm gonna go with stealing as well. Stealing and jail time (if it comes to that) both seem like better options for you.
>>
>>578822479
I'd rather not ,I do small jobs for money but I'm not prostituting even if my parents won't help me with nothing
>>
>>578822334
Do you do gaming at all? if so do some rwt, wont make much since you seem busyish but hey it could supplement the income

again dumpster diving is a good call

food banks

i'll presume you don't have a garden, but still grow some herbs and small veggies in the kitchen window, pays off

im going to guess you wont steal?
>>
>>578822491
As I said,I work at a small local pub buy college and rent is expensive ,all I have left in my wallet are 27$
>>
>>578822582
Nah,I'm not that kind of person ,never stolen ,never will.Why should I take something that isn't mine ?
I'm busy with learning ,working to pay rent and college so I don't have too much time for gaming
>>
Bump because I'm impressed op
>>
>>578821584
That's a decent meal plan for living on the cheap. Don't avoid dairy though, anon. Also ramen noodles can add some calories and make you feel more full than just veggies.

Bags of legumes and rice are dirt cheap as well. Making soups can stretch those foods even further and leftover soup keeps very well.
>>
>>578821584

What's funny is you're likely eating more healthy than just about everybody here.
Also, I spend almost the same amount as you on food.
>>
>>578822617

I guess you could grovel to your employer for more money.

Is the $27 month just for this month then or is it actually your monthly budget.
>>
>>578822776
Ramen sounds nice ,hope it's not too expensive
>>578822784
I don't do this because it's very healthy,I really can't afford anything else
>>
Why the hell are you not buying carbs? They're cheap as hell and the most filling.
>>
>>578822835
Depends ,once I had 50,it was a good moth that one
>>
You should learn how to extreme coupon
>>
>>578821584

Costco has a huge box of Mac and cheese for $15 and there are, I think, 40 packages in the box.

One box could last a month.
>>
>>578822916

OP, I'd substitute your pepper for Ramen. You could buy some seriously industrial-size rations of Ramen. Months-worth of the stuff for like 20 bucks. Mix it in with your veggies for dinner and it'll help you feel more wholesome.

What do you do for drink? Just water?
>>
Set up on a can site. Jerk off for dudes to earn food money. Also /r/random_acts_of_pizza
>>
>>578823110

Not saying replace the peppers with ramen for the nutrition. Just that I don't think pepper goes well with ramen and veggies. You may disagree.
>>
>>578822947
For reference, OP: I'm on a $60/mo budget (which I realize is way more than yours) and most of it goes into huge bags of rice. I mostly eat rice and beans, bananas, and veggies when they go on sale.
>>
>>578823110
Water,maybe some coke when a friend has it..Can't afford 4$ for a beer or soda
>>
>>578822916
Yeah, I understand that. That's what makes it funny. You're eating like that because it's inexpensive, but in the process you're eating healthier than just about everyone here. More energy, nicer body and far less illness at a fraction of the cost.
>>
>>578821584

Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, make your own bread. Whole wheat pasta, learn how to make a little go a long way.

Try to get a rot. chicken and use it to make broth that can be frozen.

You can eat healthy for a very little amount of money. Rice and beans are your friends. Quality of food counts.

Ignore people saying to eat ramen or other junk.

Farmer's markets and small grocery stores are amazing resources to get food for nearly free if you know how to make connections.
>>
>>578823350
I don't think that enters in my budget
>>
oatmeal is pretty inexpensive and filling

you can get the value-brand bags at walmart for like $2

when you're shopping compare its $/lb to what you've already been buying, I'll bet it's more food for less money.

although, oatmeal without sugar or fruit or anything is basically gruel. You'll be eating like an 18th century orphan lol
>>
last offer..20-255$ for a blowjob
>>
>>578823216
I understand.

I'm not in as dire straits as you, my friend, but I find having something sweet helps. If you ever have a few spare bucks, you can buy a thing of instant-make lemonade or other sort of drink. Dilute it 2:1 than it recommends and it'll still taste good. You can make gallons and gallons off of only a few dollars.

That's all the advice I have. My heart goes with you, anon.
>>
>>578823405
It's not like I wouldn't feel like one ,anyways,I don't have walmarts here but I'll do some searching
>>
>>578821584
That's actually not bad, see if you can squeeze brown rice into your meals.
>>
buy a chicken and cook 100 liter soup on it
>>
now i can't eat my lasagna because of you, it almost made me cry
>>
>>578823484
Thanks for that but I guess I'll stick with water.Sometimes my boss will give me a free drink ,sweet times
>>
Holy shit OP, and here i thought i was poorfag for having about 440€ a month after mandatory bills. I can't see myself living even a week with 25€.
>>
>>578823582
Laughed a bit
>>
still..25$ for a bj and if you want 75$ for backdoor
>>
>>578823643
Damn it,I would like like a king even with 150 per month ,lucky anon
>>
Try toast sandwiches. Take a piece of toast, put some butter and salt and pepper on it and put it between two slices of untoasted bread.
>>
Hi guys, make $6000 a month, eat like a king. Nothing to contribute, just thought I'd rub it in.
>>
>>578823798
Please go away
>>578823884
Don't have a toaster
>>
>>578823404

Don't tell me what does and doesn't enter into your budget. You can likely talk to managers to get the price of chickens that would be thrown out at a discounted price if you catch them a few mins before they are supposed to be thrown.

I grew up with alcoholic and abusive mother / 7 stepfathers...

We survived on ramen and ketchup sandwiches but just barely. Learn that you can eat healthily on a budget if you don't mind asking for a bit of help. Most people will go out of their way if you're open and honest to help you.

You can dumpster dive, really. It's not as horrible as you think and once you realize that there are billions of pounds of good food going to waste in most western countries... you'll eat like a king.

Watch the movie "Dive!" on a friend's netflix account... you'll see what I'm talking about.
>>
>>578823947

The temptation to suck that dick is getting stronger isn't it?
>>
OP, what city do you live in? If you are lucky enough to have a Restaurant Depot in your area, you can get a card from a friend, and explore the world if really cheap foods. Definitely check out the clearance markdowns, as you can often find a nice deli turkey for $6 or so (15 lbs). It is truly a beautiful place.
>>
man with 2-3 blowjobs a week you'd make sweet money..and if you're good looking i could give you more, please think about it
>>
>>578823927
I'm happy for you anon
>>578823991
My parents are divorced ,both alcoholics and they simply don't give a damn if I live or die
>>
>>578824042
I don't have one in my city
>>
>>578824110
buy ramen, bread and cheese. I couldn't live on veggies for a single day.
>>
>>578824214
I live barely on that for some time,I think you could manage it too anon
>>
>>578824185
You tried baking your own bread? flour is dirt cheap, smack in some yeast and water and you have your basic "pizza dough", make that into 'flatbread', for couple of bucks you can have a supply of bread for a month easy
>>
budget for white flour, ramen noodles(water and flour and ramain noodles make liquid paste gravy at what consistency you prefer while using the flavor packets from the noodles...inexpensive, and packed with carbs. flower and water thick pasted makes pan fried bread: Very filling and inexpensive form of biscuits and gravy.

To survive one can do so with a minimum of 2 oz of rice per day. Not exceptionally healthy, but carbs is all one needs to avoid starvation and coma.

One merely need fillers and carbs for energy. The vitamins,minerals and protein amounts can be ingested during one meal per day and is adequate in maintaining good health.

boil earthworms and bake them in the oven..grind them after they are brittle...100% protein powder...can be added to the gravy. has no taste.
>>
man upload a picture with you and if you're pretty i can raise it to 30$, but that's how far i can go
>>
OP call all the churches you can. Tell them you can't afford food. They usually donate stuff.
>>
>>578821584
OP, what exactly is your goal?
Most people eat based on how the food tastes and how filling it is.
Their nutritional education consists primarily of shit their retarded parents told them when they were growing up.

So, are you seeking variety right now?
Other tastes/textures within your budget?
Something more filling?
>>
>>578824376
Did you just said earthworms ?Anon,yes ,indeed I am desperate but I don't think I could eat that,don't call me a picky guy but I will have to just say no
>>
>>578824376
>boil earthworms
lol I would resort to the $15 blowjobs before I sunk to that low
>>
>>578824496
Churches here are like a mafia,they won't give anything,trust me on that
>>578824519
Something filling ,or better taste but still cheap as hell
>>
Grab yourself a bag of savory yeast flakes. They're an extremely rich source of complete protein and high in potasssium, iron and B vitamins. They also season almost any savory dish quite well.
>>
Budget? Lol pfft. What a bum.
That's why I live with my mom.
>>
File: 1415505806067.jpg (67KB, 599x527px) Image search: [Google]
1415505806067.jpg
67KB, 599x527px
>>578821584
>b grade
>still better than 90% of americans get
wut
>>
>>578824646
Wished I had her support
>>
>>578824540
once they are boiled, they are clear. no dirt/shit in them

once baked, they are crisp.
once ground into a powder, they are no different than very expensive protien powders you buy at health food stores
>>
> buy 27 lotto scratchers
> quadruple money
> buy quadruple amount of scraters
> lose it all
> eat all the scratchers
> profit
>>
>>578824808
You've got some interesting ideas anon,I give you that
>>
Why not grill cheese, get a loaf of bread, some velveeta, and some butter. Cheap food
>>
>>578824694
make Onlineumfragen.
>>
>>578824852
I don't like gambling ,won't risk starving this month
>>
>>578822163
>blow
Sperma has protein.
and 5$ more for swallowing
>>
>>578824961
Oh,as tempting as it sounds I'll have to refuse it
>>
Look up how Charlie survives, from the 'its always sunny in Philadelphia' show. Google it. Vitamins balls is how he refers to them - I think.
>>
Well if you you can eat the neighborhood pets. The Chinese do it all the time.
>>
Go see if your local area has a sperm bank. They often will pay you money to blow your load into a cup.
>>
>>578825083
Made me laugh ,thanks for that
>>
>>578824857
I know how to survive on a dollar a day. I live in a tent by the river. Been here for seven years. Im almost 60 years and nobody will hire me. I do add many things to my diet...fish...june bugs..grasshoppers...ant eggs........ occasional rabbit....all very tasty when prepared properly. survival doesnt have to a bad experience, if one has the knowledge and skills
>>
>>578825020
man i raised it to 30$ think about it
>>
>>578824376
Lmao earthworms
>>
>>578825020
look at container in the near of supermarkets.
They trow many food away.

where are you living?
>>
>>578825218
Romania,I't rather not get raped by the hobos living there..
>>
>>578824376
A friend of mine got in a seriously bad situation when he was kicked out. He had a crested gecko, which he then sold, but he keep the colony of mealworms he had used to feed the gecko. He roasted them, tried them, grinded them and even added them in soups and such. They kept breeding, so he just kept eating them and adding them to things.
>>
I feel sympathetic to you but if all u have is 27 leftover a month and youre working youre doing life wrong man. I understand rent and school is expensive but you need to reevaluate shit. Try and find a better job. Find side hustles. Buy some rabbits because they breed like a motherfucker then kill them and cook and theres youre cheap protein. Step the fuck up and do shit faggot
>>
File: Lpn2llch.jpg (209KB, 838x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Lpn2llch.jpg
209KB, 838x1024px
>>578821584
Damn dude. 27 bucks a month is rough. I recommend Banquet Chicken pot pies. On sale they're like 50 cents. Shit ton of sodium in them, but that's what makes them delicious. Good luck dude. I wouldn't be able to do 27 bucks.
>>
>>578825150
I can't tell if you're serious.
>>
File: ed-ward-containern-in-bremen.jpg (517KB, 2048x1470px) Image search: [Google]
ed-ward-containern-in-bremen.jpg
517KB, 2048x1470px
>>578825218
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_picking
>>
>>578823191
pretty sure he means peppercorn, not capsicum (which can be ~$9/kg IIRC)
>>
>>578825320
smart friend you have there. Meal worms too are 100% protein
>>
>take a big pan
>cook a pound of minced meat (beef and pork is cheapest)
>add 2 cans of diced tomatoes
>cook some more
>add lentils/beans/chickpeas/maize (or any combination thereof)
>add a cube of stock
>let it simmer

Eat a little bit of it with a generous amount of rice, freeze the rest and you'll have meals for about a dollar.
>>
>>578825150
How are u using internet faggot
>>
>>578825352
There are no other jobs,I'm lucky I even have this one
>>578825356
Breeding them would take a lot of time,and where am I supposed to keep them ?
>>
>>578825489
Wifi on phone,tether mode
>>
>>578825150
Desire to know more
>>
>>578825376
no bullshit. I am in a 8x8x8 home made tee-pee along the north Canadian river. I am dead serious
>>
Can we all donate a bit to op's steak and potato fund?
>>
>>578824519

Mix 2 cups flour with just under 200ml water .. make a ball of smooth dough out of it .. roll it out thin on your counter (the thinner the better usually), slice it into strips .. toss the strips into boiling water for about 10 minutes ... dump into strainer, rinse with cold water. Make sauce out of whatever you want. I use a lump of tomato paste, water & salt.

It's currently my favorite cheap filler.
Other cheap fillers are rice & potatoes.
Honestly, I'd trade it all for your frozen veggies. I can't get cheap veggies where I live.

Also, I recommend buying multivitamins online. Can get some real cheap ones.
If you want more protein (based on your description, you probably don't need it unless you regularly do a lot of damage to your body), defatted soy flour is the cheapest thing I've found. Try to get non-GMO from a a facility that uses expeller presses instead of chemicals in their processing. You can reconstitute the flour and make something similar to tofu out of it. That's what I currently do.
>>
Guys,I'll have to get dressed and ready for my job,maybe I'll post later tonight.If someone feels generous my paypal is [email protected] you could help me with a buck or two I'd be grateful.
Cya and thanks for some ideas,maybe I'll go hunting worms,who knows
>>
>>578825697
And you're 60 years old and eat insects and worms... and post on 4chan?
>>
>>578825489
solar panel/battery setup...pringles can homemade antennae in tree pointed toward the truckstop about 1/2 mile away..kinda getting into their wi-fi on the sly
>>
>>578825721
I will pay top dollar for someone to murder OP so I may eat him

Sorry op, natural selection
>>
>>578825273
i dont understand, hobos? hobbits?
>>
>>578825721
No. I'm an herbivorous and potatos cause boing boing because of all the starch. I gave a perfectly valid suggestion to add taste and nutrition to his meals but it seems he'd rather keep eating worms.
>>
>.>>578821584
oops, replied to self by mistake

see here:
>>578825781
>>
>>578821584
Wow, poor you. You should definetly invest in carbohydrates, since this serves quite more energy than just veggies. Try rice, noodles and flavour.
E.g. you can bake a simple bread with flour, yeast, water and salt. All ingredients should be quite cheap. Or you can make pancakes. They don't taste as good as if you prepare them with milk and eggs, but still, you can make wraps or something.
Try some rice or noodles with your veggies. They should be cheaper than the vegetables and you won't need to eat as much veggies because you can stop your hunger with carbohydrates.
Beans are a good idea because of the proteins.
However it is best to vary your meals, so you get enough of all vitamins and stuff.
For a breakfast, you can also cook basic porrigde, sugar should be cheap enough to afford you to sweeten it a little.
>>
sent 14 you filthy faggot, meantime think aout the blowjob offer
>>
You can get about 2kgs of rice for $10. That's pretty filling. It'll last you for about a month
>>
>>578825870
I am an old navy seal, educated in electronic engineering tech work. I have an old laptop, and know how to survive....not really so spectacular in realiity; though I do understand it blows the minds of those who are mentally conditioned into being a part of a society which has systematically eliminated the peoples abilities to live outside such a system. I was specifically trained to do just that...behind enemy lines.
>>
> op confirmed lazy trailer trash
>>
>>578826284
Picture of tent or lies faggot
>>
>>578826284
What did you say about me, you little bitch?
I am an old navy seal!
>>
>>578826484
I dont have a camera or a phone, but believe what you will
>>
>>578826501
> can confirm. I served with this faggot and the navy. We had buttsex nightly
>>
>>578826501
you conditioned into being a part of society which systematically eliminates the peoples abilities to live ouside such a system????

get over it
>>
>>578826707
> confirmed neckbeard basement dweller living delusional fantasies
>>
>>578826854
LOL
>>
Adopt dog/cat from local animal shelter. Eat. Repeat.
>>
>>578821584
Buy heirloom seeds. Seeds are like $2 then you can grow your own produce too. $2 for an endless supply of fruit/veg is fucking sweet.
>>
File: 1294159804226.png (63KB, 209x201px) Image search: [Google]
1294159804226.png
63KB, 209x201px
>>578827067
Genius.
>>
I would say donate plasma,it doesn't take long,maybe a hour to a hour and a half and you make 20-30 bucks every time you do,that's what I do for food money and it is really helpful because you can donate 2times a week so you can eat very well
>>
>>578821584
Have you lost weight doing this?
>>
>>578827067
>>
>>578826854
I think I actually believe him...

Not that it matters one way or the other, and I wouldn't be shocked if I got trolled.

Any two pieces put together I could believe with little difficulty (60 year old, living in tent), (60 year old, using 4chan), or (man living in tent, and using 4chan).

It's just all three that makes for a strange combo... 60 year old living in a tent posting on 4chan.

But we get all sorts here.
>>
>>578827067
Li?
>>
www myfinishlinephotos com/gallery/index.php/ROCKFORD-SPEEDWAY-2014-DRIVER-PHOTO-SHOOTS/JOHN-LOGAN-94-NASCAR-SPORTSMAN?page=2
[email protected].
OP IS RICH RACE DRIVER!
>>
>>578825870
No he's 13 like you and lives in mom's brownstone you stupid cunt
>>
>>578826707
jobless german detected

Wie geht's, Großer..?}
>>
>>578827465
don't forget former navy seal.
>>
>>578827465
Nah nigga he just has autism
>>
I recently started making my own musli. Only need to eat 1 bowl a day. Although it costs a little more than your budget, if i cut out saltanas, some of the nuts, and coconut i could probably feed myself for 27/month.
Also it tastes great.
>>
>>578827641
north Canadian river, Oklahoma United States.

really comfortable here. have a wood burning stove in the middle of my Tee-Pee. got a tan red nosed Staffordshire bull terrier partner. and all the comforts of home...no stress no worry. when this country goes bankrupt, nothing changes for me.
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.