[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a 1L who's taking finals in a month anything.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (5KB, 213x236px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 213x236px
Ask a 1L who's taking finals in a month anything.
>>
if the police want to see my ID (identity check) and i stop cooperating, i do the gandhi, say nothing and have no ID - what are they going to do?

they can take my fingerprints etc, but if there is no match...
>>
>>578037661
They can hold you for 72 hrs I believe.
>>
>>578036905
How does it feel to be blowing your money on a worthless degree? Unless you're ivy league.
>>
OP here
>>578037661
Police can detain you for 24 hours but a magistrate can extend that time period longer
>>
>>578038239
for how long? is it possible that they have to release me without knowing who i am?
>>
>>578038117
Explain yourself. J.D. holders on average earn about one million dollars more than those with bachelors degrees.
>>
>>578038356
I'm really not sure, I am not interested in criminal law. I have to take entry level criminal law next semester.
>>
>>578038356
Depends on what your suspected of doing. I think the patriot act enables police agencies to detain suspected terrorists for up to fourteen days.
>>
>>578038359
Lawyer here. Market is shit since 2008. No jobs for new lawyers, old ones dropping out of the girls. Oh, you'll make that extra 20k a year, working the extra 40 hours a week the firms insist on. Lawyers are exempt from overtime, you know. We make less per hour unless you're top of the food chain ( hence my exception for Ivy)
>>
>>578038753
Girls - game. Stupid autotext
>>
>>578038753
I'm aware of the market and it doesn't bother me. I'm specializing in health law and have connections with insurance companies. Also I am not limited to the legal market.
>>
>>578038753
>>578036905
Emphasis? I hear IP/entertainment is thriving.
>>
>>578038918
Well, go ahead and do it then. The knowledge you gain is invaluable... But the increase in earning capacity doesn't justify the tuition.

Also, don't be afraid to commit to an answer on your exams. All my seniors said you should on answers but I answered definitely when I knew what the correct position was. Got me ou
>>
2L here hows the misery going faggot
>>
>>578039074
It depends. I think that if you have already had a career in tech, engineering or medicine IP is a good choice. The best IP attorneys have backgrounds in other fields.
>>
>>578039253
Not bad. I think learning the common law is pretty intuitive.
>>
>>578039074
Personally I am interested in health law. It's a growing market.
>>
>>578039074
If by thriving you mean a lot of it, I guess.Lawyers are whores for the movie industry just like everyone else. Gotta work a few years for free just to get your foot in the door, even once you've got your bar card.

As for IP? Being a patent troll pays but you better have you undergrad in engineering.
>>
File: 1a9e7120e4.jpg (5KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
1a9e7120e4.jpg
5KB, 219x230px
>>578039556
>>
>>578039640
Yeah cause' the 2l knows the market. His career service rep -promised- him that the second summer would go better.
>>
OP here, the market is very poor for attorneys, however people who have experience in other fields before going into the law are much better off. I wouldn't recommend going straight into law school from undergrad.
>>
On a scale of 1-10, how high is your ego when you force belief on others?
>>
>>578040346
Who are you talking to? Also, what are you talking about? Explain yourself. Lastly, use complete sentences.
>>
2L CCN returning big law master race checking in
>>
>>578040701
Do you have a job lined up?
>>
Wild idea, lets actually talk law.
>>
>>578040592
Who are you talking to? "Ask a 1L who's taking finals in a month anything."

Also, what are you talking about?Explain yourself.

When you're born into this world, you're expected to follow system of "law".

"On a scale of 1-10" 1 being low and 10 being high. When you're playing your role in this society (using the scale provided). How high is your "ego" when forcing belief onto others?
>>
OP here, Realist, formalist, critical legal theory, pragmatism?
>>
>>578041097
ya, that's what i meant by big law. went there for 1L, returning for 2L summer
>>
>>578041894

As attorneys we have very little "beliefs" in our work. We interpret the law and advocate for our clients. We've basically a translator, but we don't speak French, we speak law.
>>
>>578041894
You are misinterpreting the legal system. It's a matter of interpreting the law not forcing beliefs. There are no "beliefs" in law. Its about formulating an argument based on the applicable law and facts.
>>
>>578042258
don't sell yourself short. it's important to believe "in the law." translating the will of people into the language that is necessary to defend their fundamental rights means something
>>
>>578042064
That's good news. I think last I looked there would be some 48,000 graduates and about 23,000 jobs next year.
>>
>>578042582
To qualify, no, we don't force beliefs on anyone. We (most of us) aren't legislators.
>>578042637
And thanks. Hometown ties helped. I hear the market is getting better. Reflecting (at least, faith in) that, the 1L class here is definitely more accomplished than my 2L class. Then again, I'm fortunate to go somewhere with traditionally very good big law employment prospects
>>
>>578042582
Of course it means something. I was responding to the accusation that we shove our beliefs onto others, when it's actually the complete opposite.
>>
>>578042637
Also, those numbers aren't too bad, considering the multitude of worthless law schools that opened entirely to exploit uncertainty in new graduates when the overall economy was tougher
>>
>>578042517
>>578042258
You've given me something to think about. Could you recommend any good books, to further my understanding?
>>
>>578043089
I'm pleased with my prospects. I worked for awhile before going to law school. My network is expansive enough and the school I'm at is decent. For a lot of people law school is a bad decision, however I don't understand how some people with law degrees fail to find work in other fields.
>>
>>578043089

At a T30 school here and we're doing pretty damn well with placement. Then again we tend to place very well relative to our rank thanks to our location.
>>
>>578043358
Philosophical Problems in the Law 5th edition. If you can get through it your a champ.
>>
>>578036905
how much does it piss you off when some shit-brained know-it-all starts talking about how the world of law is black and white? I have a brother who thinks he knows fucking everything and as a paralegal student, I just want to punch his fucking face in. I want to know there are others out there who have to put up with the same stupid mentality
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.