[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well it's actually slow tonight and I'm bored as fuck.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 16

File: image.jpg (127KB, 443x591px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 443x591px
Well it's actually slow tonight and I'm bored as fuck. Ask a Paramedic anything.
>>
You ever had anyone die?
>>
Weirdest call? Most brutal call? Most pointless call?
>I fucking love paramedic stories
>>
>>577471461
you ever been in love?
>>
>>577471562
Fuck yes!!! Lots
>>
File: image.jpg (461KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
461KB, 2048x1152px
>>577471461
Why did you do those things to Gray Fox, you cunt?
>>
File: 1375802588762.jpg (16KB, 270x217px) Image search: [Google]
1375802588762.jpg
16KB, 270x217px
>>577471461
how much money do you make?

what's your schedule like? (hours per day, days per week ect)

do you have to change out who drives?

does the driver get paid more?

have you ever been in a car accident (in the line of duty) because some tard didn't move over/did something stupid?

do you leave from the hospital or do they have you driving a route?
>>
What was the weirdest stuff people told you while beeing insane/heavy/drugged wounded?
>>
File: 1404880642284.jpg (45KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
1404880642284.jpg
45KB, 600x599px
I'm thinking of becoming an EMT as a part-time job whilist I go to college to pursue a career in healthcare. Is this viable? Is the experience I'm going to get as an EMT going to transfer over to other fields or be impressive when looking for other jobs?

Also, where are you a paramedic at and how much do you like? How long you been doing it? What are your hours like, etc.?
>>
I'm graduating high school this year and wanna be a paramedic so I'm wondering if you have a normal college degree or did you just do your EMT hours then get your paramedic license at a community college
>>
>>577471461
Have you had the pleasure of dealing with asshole drunk fucks that get into bar fights? Or the typical "OD-ing" crack head, when the reality is they aren' OD-ing?
>>
Are you a city/county budget killing union paramedic or a private slave wages one OP?
>>
>>577471589
Weirdest call... Some fag who fucked a Smirnov vodka bottle, and then got his cock stuck. He waited to call way too long until the tissue was dead. They actually had to end up cutting off a pretty big part of his dick.
Brutal call is a split. That is between some guy that committed suicide by shooting himself in the head with a shotgun. It was pretty much brain confetti all over the place. And a two-year-old that was beat to death by a family member.
The most pointless call that I can remember although there are lots was some fucking lady that called at 3 AM because she had a clicking jaw.
>>
>>577471461
Most horrible story? i.e. The one that's always stuck with you the most for whatever reason.
>>
>>577471589
Weirdest call... Some fag who fucked a Smirnov vodka bottle, and then got his cock stuck. He waited to call way too long until the tissue was dead. They actually had to end up cutting off a pretty big part of his dick.
Brutal call is a split. That is between some guy that committed suicide by shooting himself in the head with a shotgun. It was pretty much brainconfetti all over the place. And a two-year-old that was beat to death by a family member.
The most pointless call that I can remember although there are lots was some fucking lady that called at 3 AM because she had a clicking jaw....
>>
Are a lot of people's houses filthy? Like "How the fuck do you live like this?" filthy?
>>
Who makes the best lasagna?
>>
On a scale from 1 to 10 how fun is it to drive with the sirens on?
>>
>>577471975
What the actual fuck
>All 3 of those are gold btw
>>
>>577471851
I make $25 an hour base pay but I also get some pretty good overtime.I generally work about 60 hours a week.I work with an EMT and I am the paramedic. So my partner primarily does the driving. I make a shitload more than her though. I'm not based out of the hospital we pretty much go where we are needed.
>>
>>577472509
is she hot?
>>
>>577471954
Pretty much every night
>>
>>577472218
One time I walked into a place without a working toilet. The guy was shitting on dog potty mats...
>>
File: lighting kitty.jpg (333KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lighting kitty.jpg
333KB, 1920x1200px
>>577471461
Hey former aspiring EMT here.Would you think I could still be EMT or anything related with spinal stenosis and a bad herniated disk? I can get surgery for a spinal fusion but since you are in the field do you think im hire able as an EMT or something EMT related? I know its a weird question but any info would be great.
>>
File: 1413056944246.gif (797KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1413056944246.gif
797KB, 300x169px
>>577471461

That looks pretty horrific. No wonder my sister quit doing it :/
>>
>>577472869
Sweet jesus, my EMT buddy told me he went to a place and the floor was crawling with maggots and he had to get this big ol fatty out, even though he turned out to be fine (for a fatty)
>>
>>577472389
10!!!!!!
>>
>>577471913
not OP but if you want to do med school or PA or nursing, being an EMT and getting direct patient contact is one of the best ways to get into any of those grad schools. they love people with patient contact experience. My best friend's Dad works on the admissions committee at my local med school which is a top 20.

I've had a few friends who work as EMT's part time through college. Definitely doable
>>
I love how the blood in the picture follows the turns and driving patterns the ambulance was taking. It looks like a map
>>
is necrophilia a common thing among doctors and nurses and paramedics and shit, OP?
>>
>>577472687
She's 250lbs there are a lot of fat fucks in my field so no....
>>
File: Gentlemen.png (1009KB, 1431x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Gentlemen.png
1009KB, 1431x1500px
>>577471461
This is not how you're supposed to eat ground beef. For the love of god... learn to cook!
>>
>>577472879
Personally if I were you I would want nothing to do with this field. Pretty much everyone I know has back problems. I'm 26 years old and feel like my back is 35 already.
>>
>>577471913

I just got my EMT this summer, and a lot of the people in my class where students going into nursing and even a few pre-med students trying to beef up their resumes.

Being an EMT opens up a lot of medical related jobs. Like ER tech and you can work as a CNA if you wanted to for some reason. Also working on an ambulance looks pretty good on a resume. The medical knowledge that comes with being an EMT can't hurt
>>
File: 1410499457534.jpg (95KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1410499457534.jpg
95KB, 640x479px
>>577473036
Wow that's awesome. I really want to go to med school and become a surgeon one day.
>>
File: 936full-alice-eve.jpg (765KB, 936x1369px) Image search: [Google]
936full-alice-eve.jpg
765KB, 936x1369px
>>577471461
I actually want to become a paramedic.
I don't have any training in the field yet, still thinking if it's really what I want to do.

I love helping people and I'm good in crisis situations.

should I go through with it?
Pay?
what's training like?
shit you wish you knew when you started as an EMT?
>>
>>577471461

What happened to the nigger in the pic?
>>
>>577473139
Not that I know of... Being in a room with a dead body is actually kind of awkward. At least that's the feeling that I get. I don't get grossed out and I definitely do not get turned on.
>>
>>577473302
>>577473151

answer my question you fag

>>577473139
>>
>>577473581
Yeap. If your alone with a body, it really feels like you aren't actually alone
>>
>>577473582
>>577473581

oh hey man, sorry, you had already answered... my bad
two more questions tho. I'm very interested in physiotherapy, and would like becoming one, but how long is it gonna take for me to complete my studies in that and get a license?

and, do you ever have time to do things you enjoy doing, like videogames or having a gf?
>>
how do you not lose your mind in your job?
>>
A family member of mine stopped working as a county emt after picking up a few friends,some random school buddies and one flat lining ex-girlfriend due to several car wrecks he responded to. He is now a cop.He probably lost more friends with that job...
>>
Who is in the wrong here?

The other day I was stopped at pedestrian lights on my bike, waiting to cross the road. When the green signal came on the lights to cross, I looked up, glanced to the cars on my right and started crossing. When I was half way across, I heard tires screeching then some van started honking at me, I looked to my right and it was an ambulance with its' lights going but no sirens. It continued honking at me as I finished crossing the road then sped off.
>>
>>577473434
I work in California and we get paidA pretty good amount but it's rare though. I bring home close to about $2000 every two weeks after taxes union dues and all that bullshit. My girlfriend on the other hand is a nurse and she takes home how about $6000 every two weeks. That's not to say this is not a badass job though, I get to see cool things do cool things in the bitches love it.
>>
File: 1363097408561.png (1MB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1363097408561.png
1MB, 1200x800px
>>577471461
OP, I am very interested in this field of work.
You say that the driver makes much less money, how much?
If I wasn't going to be a driver, how much schooling do I have to complete before I become a paramedic?
Ass in advance for answering
>>
>>577473961
I don't have much experience with that first one sorry. However yes I actually do have a good amount of time, at least I think I do. Play good amount to destiny, workout at the gym and bang my hot nurse girlfriend pretty much every night. it's not a bad life
>>
>>577474096
Oh shit, I'm in California as well.
SFV area. (LA area)
It's just me so a single guy doesn't spend that much.

What would you say is the most taxing things during the job?
What's a casual day like?
Is there behind the door shit like tons of paperwork and grunt work that goes with ittt other than just transporting and administering aid?
>>
do you hang out with cops or have cop buddies that got you out of trouble? Did some cop ever tell you to cover for him for making a mistake?
>>
>>577473302
Shit man,thats depressing.I feel ya im 25 right now and the back is bad enough Im going to get disability soon.Maybe go back to school to fine something else.I was hyped to be an EMT volunteer for a bit then head to the oil fields and make crazy money.Well thanks for the honesty man.
>>
>>577473971
You just kind of get used to the craziness. In the beginning it's pretty stressful but after five years of doing this you learn to keep her pretty cool head
>>
>>577471461
What is the weirdest thing you've seen shoved up someones ass/vagina?
>>
>>577474334
Pharmfag here, as one medical professional to another: thanks.
I've seen your guys' work first-hand, you save fucking lives out there. It's a tough fucking job.
Keep up the good work and be safe.
>>
Mother,Juggs and Speed or Bring Out the Dead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfUwvmRmMtw
>>
>>577471461
What state are you in?
>>
>>577474096
>nurse
>$150,000/year
wat
>>
>>577474038
It was most likely some dumb fuck crew that did not realize their lights were not on. Technically if they were driving with their lights and sirens on you should give them the right-of-way. They probably got to their call and realized they did not have their lights on and felt pretty bad, it doesn't happen often but it happens.
>>
You get assigned to pick up an Ebola patient.

Do you accept or refuse?
>>
>>577474215
So an EMT makes about $17 an hour starting where I work. And you only have to go to school one semester at a community college to get that. I make about $25 an hour startingto get that you have to first get your EMT and then do about another year of schooling. Some community colleges have paramedic schools and some professional text schools have them as well.
>>
>>577474690
I know a married couple in their late 30's who're both nurses with almost 10 years of college under each of their belts. The husband assists during surgeries and the wife does births and assists in child operations. Both earn over $200,000 a year. Both have about that much in student loans too though.

When you get high up in the nursing field you make bank, they're both basically doctors without the doctorate. I think they're both 2 years away from it if they wanted to go back to school.
>>
>>577471461
Do you feel guilty about any deaths?

Are you afraid of messing up?

Ever encounter a problem you had no idea what to do? How did you handle it?

How did you get the job? What were your first days on the job like?
>>
>>577474383
The normal day is about 30 minutes of Rig check out to start my 12 hour shift. Each call takes about an hour to an hour and a half to complete 20 to 30 minutes of that is paperwork. I run anywhere from 2 to 11 calls and a day it really just depends.
>>
>>577474692
Their lights were on but their sirens were off. Didn't even know they were there until they started honking
>>
you ever seen anybody with an injury to the testicles?
>>
>>577474426
I do have some cop friends. However I don't think they have ever gotten me out of trouble. And nor have I really been able to get them out of any trouble. There is somewhat of a professional courtesy however. I have definitely gotten out of speeding tickets and some minor stuff when they figure out what I do after getting pulled over.
>>
>>577471741
I Kekd

She's a cunt
>>
>>577475313
noice.
>>
>>577474534
A lightbulb... I saw the x-rays. It was not a small one either..
>>
>>577471975
My brother in law works for the fire department and was a first responder to a woman who was complaining that her leg was swollen. Her house was a complete mess and there were flies everywhere. She showed them her swollen leg and said it didn't hurt but was really firm and tried to show them how firm it was by roughly poking it. Her leg busted open and maggots poured out. Appearantly she had a cut or something that flies laid eggs in and the maggots ate the infection which actually saved her life. Pretty fucking crazy though.
>>
>>577474856
If we suspect we have an actual Ebola case we back out slowly. Very fucking slowly. And then call some one 800-number. I guess they send some kind of fucking medical pathological swat team to take care of the patient at that point.
>>
>>577475039
I never actually feel guilty about any of the deaths. I wasn't the one forcing them to smoke two packs of cigarettes a day and eat at McDonald's for the last 40 years.when I'm faced with something but I am absolutely clueless about that's the time you throw them in the ambulance and drive as fast as you fucking can. I got the job just like anyone else does, just applied and got lucky I guess. The first days working as a paramedic by myself were pretty nerve-racking I'm not going to lie. I definitely second-guessed myself that every little decision I made. Eventually that all kind of goes away though.
>>
File: 1401315426413.jpg (46KB, 452x303px) Image search: [Google]
1401315426413.jpg
46KB, 452x303px
NJ EMT reporting in. What state are you in? Also what made u wanna go paramedic and how much do you make?
>>
>>577476094
read the thread dude. damn
>>
>>577475180
Oh!! Sorry I thought it was the other way around. Where I work you are supposed to have your lights and sirens on at all time for that exact reason. You should have given them the right-of-way, however they should not have been driving like dumbasses without their sirens on.
>>
>>577475981
Cool, Anon. Thanks for answering.
>>
what was the funniest call you've ever gotten?
>>
>>577475282
LOL actually yes, like two weeks ago some motorcyclist actually dented his gas tank with his nuts. His chief complaint was 10 of the 10 testicle pain. I mean he actually put a 2" dent in that thing!
>>
>>577476237
Penis trapped in a bottle read the thread
>>
>>577476504
oh ok thanks.
have you ever been attacked by someone who you've picked up?
>>
>>577471461
What did you do before EMS?
>>
You ever fuck any patients?
>>
>>577476915
YUUUP. It doesn't happen to often but if they get touchy we can restrain them with soft restraints (soft tie downs) or give them narcotics to chill out. Fun fact everyone I know takes the restraints home for personal use
>>
>>577477094
Ooh bumping for this
>>
>>577477068
Lots of things, grocery store clerk, ranch hand, and server.
>>
File: thatguysleg.png (346KB, 1204x951px) Image search: [Google]
thatguysleg.png
346KB, 1204x951px
>>577471461
So did you guys save this guy's nub?
>>
>>577471461
Alright so i went off to college but realized I want nothing to do with what I am studying, I am actual quite interested in becoming a paramedic or emt if so do you have any tips or tricks that might help me along the way?
>>
>>577477094
Like beat them up? No, I don't do that shit. It happens, some medic are hot headed and do what they want when the doors are closed. I keep my cool pretty much. It's not worth it, I live in California the king law suit state.
>>
>>577477336
How much do you earn a year?

Becoming a paramedic actually interest me, but I heard pays shit.

Also, does location determine pay? I live I houston, and we have one of the largest medical centers in the country.
>>
>>577477212
Hahaha oh I miss read that. Lol no I haven't but I have fucked patients daughters. Most of my clients are either dirtbags or in their 60s+. I've had a lot of mothers give me their daughters phone number out to the cute handsome paramedic with a good stable job.
>>
>>577477516
No like put your penis inside their vaginer
>>
>>577473581
>is actually kind of awkward.
I beleive you're in the right field then.
>>
>>577477409
I'm going to be honest with you. All of my friends went to universities after high school. They are all now working in shitty desk jobs or a pizza places swamped in debt. I pretty much went straight to paramedic school after high school. I have no debt and make about 80 grand a year. My advice to you is if it interests you do it and do it hard it's not easy getting through all the school but if you like it and you're motivated enough you'll definitely get it done. There are some pretty dumb fucking medics out there that managed to get by.
>>
>>577477560
It definitely varies on where you live. I live in California and make about $70-$80,000 a year depending on my overtime. I know a guy that moved to Texas, I don't think they make as much but I do know thatthey make a decent honest living. I'm pretty sure there is a lot more opportunity over there as well
>>
>>577478141
its good that you can handle it man.
I was thinking about becoming a nurse until i saw one carrying blood and stomach acid ladden fabric out of an operation room and female screams echoing behind his blank stare.I cant handle that shit
>>
>>577477976
Alright, thanks annon I think Im going to start the emt class on summer brake when I get brake home and see where it goes from there
>>
>>577478324
Sometimes I think about the shit I see after the call or when I get home but if I do it's only for s minute or so. But nothing bothers me when I'm on the call with my patient. It's probably the adrenalin but I get numb. It's not a person I'm working on its a price of meat with a problem that I have to fix.
>>
>>577478372
Seriously good luck! If anything it's only one semester, and you'll have a kick ass thing to put down on any job resume
>>
>>577471461
Medic from Portland, OR.
Lets go thin blue line!
>>
have you ever been in the house of a hoarder?
>>
>>577479158
bump for this
>>
>>577479158
Yeah about a year ago. It was pretty much like that show on TV. Shit almost up to the ceiling we had to climb over.
>>
Hi OP, how do you treat a hemorrhoid.

I have a flight from Beijing to LA to Boston tomorrow and I need some advice right now.
>>
>>577479432
whats wrong with those people?
is it like a mental illness?
like a compulsive disorder?
>>
>>577479432
Reading over thread, apologies if this has been asked.

What was the worst decision you made on the job, and what was your decisions effect on the patient? Story?
>>
>>577479478
Lol!!! I'm actually an expert at this! Honestly there is no full proof cure. If it just happened the best thing to do is try and push it back in if you can. If that doesn't work and it's super bad you can have it surgically removed.i'm sure you don't have time to get it surgically removed so the next best thing is get some witch hazel wet wipes (tucks medicated wipes) and some Cortizone cream and reapply that shit about every two hours or when it becomes irritated. Also you may want to stock up on some good quality toilet paper if you're going across seas. You won't know how much you appreciate it if they only got the single ply.
>>
Why are so many EMS personnel obese? And are you an alcoholic?
>>
>>577479953

lol i don't think I can push this hemorrhoid in, its like around my anus and it feels like a water bubble, have no idea if its blood or puss.

damn, ill just get some wet wipes for it then

Thanks OP
>>
File: ZEUSMOTHAFUCKA.jpg (232KB, 780x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ZEUSMOTHAFUCKA.jpg
232KB, 780x1024px
I have no question, just wanted to say that you are awesome to have chosen that profession and are sticking with it. That is all.
>>
>>577479692
Well thankfully I can say I don't think I have killed anyone. At least as far as I know. I'm not trying to be cocky, but I actually care about my patients and take my job pretty serious. Therefore I would like to think I don't fuck up at least as much is a lot of others that are pretty careless. That being said when I was new I remember having one call where I knew what was causing my patient to have such a low heart rate. A new prescription that he just started taking for his high blood pressure (beta blocker). I wanted to treat my patient for a beta blocker overdose, however I allowed other medics on scene to go down a different route. I ended up sedating my patient and trying to speed up his heart rate a different way, we call it pacing, it's one you use electricity to shock the heart at a certain rate and speed. Anyways in the end I was right and I could have fixed him however what I ended up doing was sedating him and shocking him a shit load of times unnecessarily. I beat myself up over it quite a bit..
>>
>>577479692
Well thankfully I can say I don't think I have killed anyone. At least as far as I know. I'm not trying to be cocky, but I actually care about my patients and take my job pretty serious. Therefore I would like to think I don't fuck up at least as much is a lot of others that are pretty careless. That being said when I was new I remember having one call where I knew what was causing my patient to have such a low heart rate. A new prescription that he just started taking for his high blood pressure (beta blocker). I wanted to treat my patient for a beta blocker overdose, however I allowed other medics on scene to go down a different route. I ended up sedating my patient and trying to speed up his heart rate a different way, we call it pacing, it's one you use electricity to shock the heart at a certain rate and speed. Anyways in the end I was right and I could have fixed him however what I ended up doing was sedating him and shocking him a shit load of times unnecessarily. I beat myself up over it quite a bit...
>>
>>577471975
ever get the I think i broke my pinkie call??
Those are the best, the people who call those in wasting valuable emergency resources on that tickle me in ways even /b/ would cringe at
>>
>>577480123
I think we have somebody fat fucks because of the hours we work and how we work. 12 hour shifts sitting in an ambulance all day. I myself am in actually pretty good shape but I go to the gym after work and actually give a shit about what I put in my mouth. I definitely would not say I'm an alcoholic but I would say I'm a binge drinker. When I drink (about one a week or every other week) I drink anywhere to the equivalent of 4 to 8 beers
>>
>>577480662
lol so tasering up some old bastard was as bad as it gets? I'd say you're doing a great job then.

If I'm unconscious and alone, do EMTs look through my phone and contact my ICE contact or who does that?
>>
>>577480986
I definitely do... I'm pretty sure everyone in this field gets their share of bullshit calls. Think it's pretty fucking frustrating I'm not going to lie especially if it's at 2 AM. I try to keep it professional as best I can I know. I normally trying to educate them and explain to them what an emergency truly is. It just kind of comes with the job. If you let that shit get under your skin too much I'm not sure how long he will last in this field.
>>
>>577481063
nigga you lie, you always see the BLS parked outside of McDonalds. Gotta eat yo big mac
>>
Hey OP, Canadafag here. I'm in my early 20's and recently decided being a paramedic is what I want to do in life.

The problem is I have sort of a bad back (scoliosis, hurts occasionally if I lift something wrong). I'm assuming you have to be decently fit to be a paramedic.. Will I be okay?

And how long/much until you became a paramedic? I'm currently working a tough job hoping to get in shape and earn enough to pay for my schooling. I'm afraid I'll be too old by the time I'm finally finished though.

Also, can you decide if you want to be the driver or not? Because I don't have my license yet and to be honest I'd prefer not to get one if I don't have to.

That's it I think.
>>
>>577481152
Honestly I never really have the presence of mind to look through someone's phone. If you're unconscious honestly I pretty much already have my hands full trying to figure out what it is that was wrong with you and to make sure your heart does not stop beating.I guess may be a social worker at the hospital might look through your clothes at the hospital though. I saw that on the new iPhone update they have emergency shit stored in the phone. I guess I should get better at that
>>
>>577481373
Lol my partner definitely ate McDonald's tonight.
>>
>>577481514
Not OP, which part of Canada. Basically if you arent in praries good fucking luck mate and if you are from BC I salute you have fun with on call $2 for 6 years with no benefits (hint go to alberta)
>>
>>577481759
Quebec. I'm planing to move actually because fuck French. The last person I talked to about this also said Alberta was a good choice.. Why?
>>
>>577481514
I'm not sure what it's like up in Canada so I can only speak for what it's like down here. I definitely see you running into problems with your back. Pretty much everyone I work with including myself has had back problems or the beginning of what is going to be serious Shit in the future. The paramedic school I went through was about a year and a half long and $10,000, so I'm not sure how long it would take you to be able to afford that. Down here you absolutely have to have your license with a good driving record at that. You have to have a license with a special ambulance drivers certificate. ($50 and an extra test$
>>
>>577481954
anywhere else $2 on call, $15 on call rural area only areas based on call volume. you get your EMALB license in alberta and you have a license to print money
>>
>>577481954
also and im sure OP can confirm yoga is an amazing thing
>>
>>577471461
Get outta Québec you anglo shit
>>
>>577482248
/b/ro I actually am starting a class for the forst time this week. I hear it does wonders.
>>
>>577480492
do not pop it
>>
>>577482114
I mean more like will they actually not let me in? I think I read somewhere there's like a physical check or something.

And okay so I guess I should work on my liscense now while I'm saving up my money so by the time I apply for school I've got it?
>>
>>577482683
depends on which school, some require a fitness test, other schools just require statement of fitness. Start yoga see how it works for you it strengthens your back and voila
>>
>>577471461
Can you read peoples minds?
>>
>>577482683
We have to get what's called a "medical examiner card" basically you get an MD to check you off on a basic physical. As long as you can pick up 100lbs and have good balance you'll be ok.
>>
>>577475981
>Nerve-wrecking
I get nerve-wrecked just by working at an office setting by myself.
You got nerves of steel, son!
Also, ever get any religious/cult nuts that refuse medical attention? Any parents that refuse to take their child because of X reasons?
I actually saw the parents of a friend of mine refuse ambulance because "it will cost too much, we'll just wait until morning to take her to the free clinic."
On one hand, she was underage and half-way drunk and we didn't want to do anything without her parents' consent, but on the other, we should've taken her to the hospital first and then called her parents like the EMT told us to do so.
>>
>>577482981
No but like cops I have a pretty good idea when people are lying to me
>>
>>577471461

What should I do in case of a heart attack? I have a arithmyc disorder and i've heard things like chowing a couple aspirins could help, or breathe deep and coff hard what should I do it makes me fucking insane I already suffer a heart attack before.
>>
>>577483223
Kinda hoped you'd get the reference guess not.

There's this show where the main character is a paramedic who can read peoples minds.
>>
>>577483178
Actually I haven't seen to much of that. I have however rush A LOT of children for life threatening infections to the hospital because their dumb fuck parents thought the vaccines would give them autimsim
>>
>>577483118
Alright cool we'll il fucking exhausted so I'll look into being an emt in Alberta. Thanks OP, keep being awesome.
>>
>>577482114

Fellow medicfag here. My class in Ohio was 9 months long and a lot less than 10,000$. If you're willing to forego the degree for the sake of the certification (which doesn't really make you miss out on anything, they won't hire a medic with an associates over a medic with a cert based on that fact alone) you can save a good amount of time and money.

That's just my experience, anyway. If anyone's interested I suggest looking around a bit and not hopping into the first program you see. Personally, I just went to the same place I got my EMT and fire card.
>>
>>577483118

UK Medic here. I have a quite a passion about ECG/EKG's. We are expected to interpret them on a regular basis, and expect to diagnose numerous cardiac conditions including:

>STEMI
>Ischaemic changes (T-wave inversion, ST depression)
>Arrhythmias
>Heart blocks (all kinds)
>Posterior ECG / V4R readings
>etc.

I find these quite intense especially when a patient has a large cardiac history as I am only a paramedic, not a cardiologist.. We are expected to treat the patient specifically to our clinical findings and convey to specialist hospitals.

My question is simply, to what extent do you have to read and interpret EKG's? And how does it impact on treatment?
>>
>>577483367
The cough thing is if your heart is in a arythmia. The odds of you fixing the problem is probably 1:1,000,000,000,000. Go to the store buy baby aspirin. It normally comes in 81mg pills. If you feel like you're having a heart arrack chew up 4 of those babies equal to 324mg and call 911. If you frequently have chest pain see your doctor about getting a Rx for nitroglycerin.
>>
File: flavio.gif (30KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
flavio.gif
30KB, 100x100px
>>577471461
Is there any health crisis situation or possibly a chronic illness in which the stimulation of a man's genitals to produce an orgasm and ejaculation would be medically necessary? To narrow it down a little, it would be awesome if it had to be done twice a day and part of the illness or whatever is that you can't control your arm muscles. And since you're a teenager the only available assistants are like your younger sister and your mom. Is there anything like that?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>577471461
What does this mean to you?
If you picked someone up that got into a car accident what would you do once you saw this tattoo?
>>
>>577484064
You've been watching too much hentai, anon.
>>
>>577484064
I need to screenshot this, to show people, for science reasons
>>
have you ever been robbed on a call?
like say if someone called an emergency only to try and steal your stuff?
>>
>>577471461
what is love?
>>
Ever dealt with a huge fat fuck?

Also, what sort of strain does a 350lb person put on yourself and your equipment? Basically, is there a chance they could break something?
>>
>>577484408
firefighters are your best friends for lifting.
>>
>>577483693
We have 12-lead capabilities here. We are trained to recognize STEMI and activate STEMI teams in the pre hospital setting. We pace bradycardia, defib pulsless v-tach and v-fib, also cardiovert unstable SVT, V-tach, and A-fib. That's really all you absolutely have to know inorder to do your job. You can get by without knowing much more than that however everyone will think you're a total fucking retard. If you're uncomfortable with rhythms take some 12-lead and for rhythm interpretation classes. It's easy when you get the hang of it.
>>
>>577484145
I would stare at it for a while.... But I guess I would use caution and suspect a go get allergy.
>>
>>577484221
Not yet. All of our narcotics are locked up pretty good. The only medications that people could steal from our ambulance would kill them
>>
Paramedic seems like a younger guys career. What do older medics do? They still on the job at 40,50,60 years old?
>>
>>577484408
Yes I definitely have. My record is 1,120lbs he was fucking enormous! He died about three years ago though so thankfully we don't have to deal with him anymore. When you have people that big the fire department actually has to cut holes in the wall with chainsaws. We also have a specialized ambulance with winches and the ramps.The average ambulance however can deal with patients up to about 400 to 500 pounds depending on how wide they are. Our gurneys are actually not the problem it's if they actually fit in the ambulance. The gurneys will actually hold up to 700 pounds
>>
>>577484264
Baby don't hurt me... Don't hurt me.... No more..
>>
>>577484860

Meh, I'm happy with my scope of practice, but I'm sure you can appreciate when a patient has existing LBBB but cardiac pain and looks like shit, it's impossible to determine if it's an MI. etc. I was just wondering to what extent other countries interpret 12 leads.

You do cardioversion / pace arrhythmia's? Shit's cool son. We can't all do that, only advanced medics get to play with that.

What's your favourite type of calls? And your least favourite?

I despise low-level RTC's - this shit is always a drag and unnecessary drama.
I love MI's - I like diagnosing, and treating, and getting them to a cardiac cath lab for stenting. It feels like I've actually done a good job.
>>
>>577485417
We definitely have some 40s 50s and 60s working with us. Honestly only one or two of them are cool though. The majority of them are all super fucking jaded and hate their lives.
>>
>>577475721

I work as an emergency dispatcher in my county. I wish our EMS protocols for a possible ebola case were as nice as that. We send our EMS guys and gals to the call and they don whatever the cheapest ppe my county cold find, to confirm they "might" have ebola before we have to call the state and federal agencies. We have yet to have to call code echo on the radio, thank christ.

Its fun because its a broke as county, with poor people who get bent out of shape when we ask them if they have recently been to a part of africa where there is a an ebola outbreak lol
>>
>>577485690
Truly there are good paramedics and there are bad paramedics here. You can get by with just activating STEMI with one box elevation into contiguous leads. However if it is a new left bundle branch block and your patient is legitimately symptomatic that is paramedic discretion. I know it's kind of corny but I think some of my favorite calls our deliveries. I've delivered three kids in five years. You always feel so fulfilled after.
>>
>>577485909

Yea, I can see that. Dealing with fucked up stuff every day for a life time is bound to fuck with your perspectives.

I suppose there are other avenues a person could take if emt just wasn't agreeing with them anymore.
>>
>>577484860

Thank you, Portuguese here, want to be a male nurse.

1. Are you desensitized to all this blood and guts... In a sense that, when you hear people screaming with their body parts blown off, cuts everywhere, people choking on their own blood etc, do you look at it and go "just another fucker that is going to die". Do you still get that adrenaline rush?

2. What's worst for you, seeing a person suffering/dying or an animal?

3. Have you ever got in contact with someone (in your work) and they died seconds later, and you went "fuck, I wish I could've got to know this person".
>>
>>577471461
last one for me op, and I don't mean to be insensitive but what was the most emotional death for you that you experienced?
>>
>>577486065
I'm pretty lucky, the counties I work in actually have some pretty good money and protect us.

>>577486413
1. I definitely still get a rush, but I don't let it control me. You still have to be able to make sound decisions and be able to explain why you did them later.
2. Defiantly animals
3. Yup it's happened twice.
>>
>>577486249

Yeah, I dig that.

I'm not a fan with maternity calls as we are just acting as a taxi in 90% of cases (it's a free service in the UK, although when triaged over the phone they may get lower priority and not get an ambulance). However, when the delivery is imminent, and we do deliver, it's a fantastic job (if there are no complications). Everyone is happy and generally in a good mood, but these are quite rare.

I would love to do an observational shift in the States. It sounds like we do a lot of similar jobs, but I dare say (as we are a free service) we get a LOT of shit calls that do not warrant an ambulance.
>>
>>577486823

This county is fucked. There is no industry here anymore, so it's low income. Property values are shit, so property taxes are meager and there's reason to believe county administration is crooked as fuck.

We did just have a dispatcher leave to go be an emt. She wanted to work for a different county, but they wouldn't hire her without experience, then this county claimed to not have any full time openings. She's working for a private service making more than what the county pays. She was a blast to work with though.

It's cool you work somewhere with money, for people who give a shit.
>>
>>577486751
No big, I really don't mind talking about it. It was a 19-year-old Asian girl (she was smoking fucking hot). Anyways she found out her ass hat of a boyfriend cheated on her. So she drove to the pizza place that he worked at and drink a shit load of bleach in the parking lot. By the time I got to her she was barely breathing, on the way to the hospitalher heart stopped and we began CPR. We were never able to get her back and it never really bothered me while I was on the call. He was only after the call when I went to get her purse and shit out of my ambulance when I looked through it and saw her ID, lipgloss and justnormal 19-year-old girl things, And realized she was dead and would never use them again or grow old, that it actually bugged me.honestly it bothered me for a little while like an hour or two It felt like someone kicked me in the nuts really hard. That's just how the job is though sometimes
>>
>>577471461
Do heart attacks occur allot? Or ar it allot of traumas? Or what do you see the most?
>>
>>577487484
Heart attacks, like real heart attacks rarely happen. Normally it's just chest pain and we have to treat it like a heart attack until the hospital can prove it otherwise.I normally only see maybe one actual heart attack a month. As for trauma it was a lot more frequent back in the day from what I hear.however with automotive safety we just don't see the injuries like we used to.
>>
>>577486823
3. is sad as fuck OP... I highly empathize with that feeling.
Can you elaborate on that?
>>
>>577487660
What is the average age of the people in the ambulance? We always think it are allot of old people but is this true? Do you see allot people with anxiety attacks?
>>
>>577487863
One was some 60 guy telling me about his grand kids and how he was going to start spending more time with them when he suddenly died In front of me from an aneurysm. And then an old lady that seemed winded and told me she was thirsty. Her heart just gave up on her and she died in front of me too. She was pretty old with a DNR so it wasn't as bad at the guy.
>>
>>577481329
My father has high blood pressure and had an arterial nose bleed, it was coming out of his eyes aswell. To this day I feel bad for calling the fire department because I felt like this was a waste of their time (I couldnt drive at the time). Is this a legitimate call or not?
>>
>>577487914
I would say the average age is 25-40 it really ranges to me honest. I see anxiety attacks often. It sucks cuz there is literally nothing we can do, only the patient can choose to calm down. All I do is take a blood pressure, transport them and then send the a bill for $2,500.
>>
>>577488247
Thanks for the replies, with so many shit thrown at you, I would've already gave up (replying).

One last question, what was the worst scenario/death scene you have ever seen.
>>
>>577488485
Thanks for all the insights op.
>>
>>577488267
Honestly don't. We go on bull shit 100X worse. If they're elderly and they don't have a ride to the hospital I understand. It sounded like he had a Legitimate need to go to the hospital. Those can get nasty
>>
>>577488485
what was the most disgusting person you have had to pick up? most disgusting injury?
>>
RGNurse on a ICU reporting in. Im very impressed how much money, we get in your country.
>>577488485
Why you don't give them benzos, like lorazepam?
>>
>>577488531
Worst by what way? Gore? Emotial for me? Emotional by societies standard?
>>
>>577488874
Hahaha there is such a long list..... I've had patients covered every form of body fluid. One that's sticking out the most at the moment was a Hines lady that fell asleep drunk and pissed her self in a sleeping bag... The entire sleeping bag was drenched I mean SOAKED THROUGH with harsh urinary tract infection piss
>>
>>577488878
It's not in our scope of practice. We can give Versed for seizures or chemical restraint. But that's it, we work off of Preestablished protocols not MD orders
>>
>>577489438
Do you know the system in germany? You have a emergency-md which come in his own car to the home of the patient, if the medics need them. rendezvous-system.
Do you miss sometimes a md, when you at the scene?
>>
>>577489286
was she sleeping in a sleeping bag as her main sleeping arrangement or like drunk camping?
>>
>>577489008
What spiked you in the worst way, the worst mist of emotions.

But if you want, you could describe the worst scenario, that would also be fun to read.
>>
>>577471461
How do they clean the amberlamps? Will they be sold/destoryed in situtions like your pic?
>>
>>577489782
In Holland we have almost the same system. Only we have helicopters also. With emergency-md in it. Who can do operations right at the scene.
>>
>>577489782
I've heard about that. That defiantly sounds cool! We don't have anything like that here though

>>577489789
Yeah she was an urban camper as we call them
>>
>>577489286
Worst for me: girl with SAH, need a lot sedatives, because of drug abuse. 21years, a 9-10/10. When we stop the sedatives she act a few days really strange. Play with her shit, sometimes whole body was covered with her shit. But she also went to the solarium a lot, and it was hard to see, where the normal skin begin and the shit end. Disturbing.
>>
>>577489962
Hahaha that's funny! Nope that's nothing a garden hose and a half bottle of bleach can't fix
>>
>>577490067
aah. I lived in Denver, and I saw so many of them. I usually could never tell if they were a bum or a retarded urban camper
>>
>>577490246
You must find Holland even cooler then. Here they use helicopters! But you must bee in seriously bad condition.
>>
>>577490009
Kankersukkeltje

>>577490246
Sounds soooo hygenic lol. So basically the area underneath the flooring is disgusting as fuck (blood, piss, shit?, puke, etc)
>>
>>577490393
Je moeder zei gister wat anders.
>>
>>577475032
Competent nurses who have experience in a particular field are worth their weight in gold. Good on em.
>>
>>577489824
I wrote about it earlier in the thread It was a 19-year-old Asian girl (she was smoking fucking hot). Anyways she found out her ass hat of a boyfriend cheated on her. So she drove to the pizza place that he worked at and drink a shit load of bleach in the parking lot. By the time I got to her she was barely breathing, on the way to the hospitalher heart stopped and we began CPR. We were never able to get her back and it never really bothered me while I was on the call. He was only after the call when I went to get her purse and shit out of my ambulance when I looked through it and saw her ID, lipgloss and justnormal 19-year-old girl things, And realized she was dead and would never use them again or grow old, that it actually bugged me.honestly it bothered me for a little while like an hour or two It felt like someone kicked me in the nuts really hard. That's just how the job is though sometimes.

And the gorest was a guy that shot him self in the head (but from below his chin) with a shot gun. It was brain confettii everywhere and no shitting you his face was blown on and INTACT laying on the ground next to his body.
>>
>>577484145
Why not wear a fucking bracelet...
>>
>>577490390
We have helicopters too but since I work in a big cities with trauma centers and cardiac centers there is no benefit to landing them unless you are in a rural area.

>>577490393
Ambulances are probable the most disgusting germ/bacteria infested environments in the world. We wipe them down as much as we can but I would never eat In one
>>
Gore:

A patient with few head injuries because of trauma, started to bleeding again in his SAH, got very fast a intracranial pressure like 70-80mmHg, then brain-puree come out of the trepanation hole like a geyser. That was awesome.
>>
File: 7434126743542357654.jpg (157KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
7434126743542357654.jpg
157KB, 1024x1024px
Do you take pictures (obviously not to upload them, but for personal collection)?

Do you ever steal anything from people (especially dead ones)?
>>
My resting blood pressure is 173 over 93 and my heart rate is 126 bpm how much longer before I leave this dog shit planet? No I'm not on any drugs/medication.
>>
>>577490723
I'll die if I take any high grade pain meds with opiates in it.
My whole body just shuts down.
Heart stops lungs stop everything stops.
It's happened 3x in my life, and bracelets can fall off.

I don't mind it, sometimes I wish it was smaller but whatever gotta deal with it now
>>
>>577491545
I've had a hypertensive crisis and I've also suffocated and lost consciousness.

How painful were your experiences?
>>
>>577491394
I've taken picture of accidents. We pretty much all do and so each other. I've never stollen anything from any of my patients. Honestly I have a shit load of pride in what i do. It's actually really frowned upon to do that kinda shit. I would come unglued if I found out a co worker stole from someone.
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.