[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Thank you Millennials, for destroying what...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 57
File: MorrowindCOVER.jpg (62 KB, 375x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MorrowindCOVER.jpg
62 KB, 375x500
Thank you Millennials, for destroying what used to be an incredible series.

You want enemies that scale with your level so you can go anywhere and fight anything regardless of how long you've been playing.

You want dungeons that give you a convenient exit when you've reached the end so you don't have to be inconvenienced with backtracking for a few minutes.

You want instant gratification in every facet of every fucking game you play, because you're too stupid to realize that a game like Morrowind is brilliant because it makes you give a little to get something in return. There are no hollow victories.

You want nice graphics to look at, and you don't care if you have to sacrifice the actual art style of the game in order to get it. Oblivion was the most generic pile of uninspired shit I have ever laid eyes on. Skyrim was better, but not by much.

Developers keep destroying games to make them more "accessible" and it's because cunts like you want immediate results in everything you do in your pathetic lives.
>>
>>560558895
agreed.

In order to get a decent RPG experience you have to go play with people who are veterans at things like DnD, and those people are usually a very close knit group that don't like outsiders.
>>
op is a faggot
>>
still missing baldur's gate II shadows of amn

when is it gonna be followed up?
>>
File: wECewhj.png (17 KB, 625x626) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wECewhj.png
17 KB, 625x626
>>560558895
>>
>>560558895
best part about morrowind was that the weapon you used had effective and non effective power swings

plebs don't even know what it feels like to be 20 mins in game and cheese some orcs for an orcish warhammer
>>
File: TES-morrowind.png (741 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
TES-morrowind.png
741 KB, 1920x1080
OP my brotha yes
>>
>>560558895
Just mod the living shit out of Skyrim, disable the hand-holding mechanics like every other Morrowind faggot have done before you. Yea, I know it's still not nearly as good, but its still pretty fucking good. What do you mean "qq, I shouldnt have to mod a game for it to be good?" This world runs on money dickhead, now go to nexus and start working.
>>
File: 1404903354672.png (1 MB, 689x956) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404903354672.png
1 MB, 689x956
I'm never going to buy an elder scrolls game.

My game collection is basically... let me read some of what's currently installed on my computer.
- Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
- CastleStorm (just bought)
- Clones
- Commander Keen Complete pack (nostalgia)
- Reprisal
- Distant Worlds: Universe
- Divinity Original sin
- Little Kingdom
- Reus
- Skyward Collapse
- Space Colony HD
- Startopia
- Terraria
- The Guild 2 Renaissance
- The Settlers II 10th anniv
- Theme Hospital
- Majesty Gold
- Dungeon Keeper 2
- Creatures Exodus

I think without a doubt I have the most refined taste in gaming of anybody here. However, I would never try to argue that
>You want enemies that scale with your level so you can go anywhere and fight anything regardless of how long you've been playing.

Or

>You want dungeons that give you a convenient exit when you've reached the end so you don't have to be inconvenienced with backtracking for a few minutes.

Is a bad thing. You're trying far too hard to be edgy. There's no reason to make people run back in dungeons after it's over. There's no reason not to scale up areas you otherwise wouldn't revisit. Your arguments don't make sense.

And if you're looking for slow paced back to the roots gaming, why don't you try Archeage?
>>
File: 1375788869687.png (543 KB, 621x461) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1375788869687.png
543 KB, 621x461
>>560559559

>Not thinkin Morrowind was the best one in the series

the autism is great in this one
>>
>>560558895
>skyrim better then oblivion

You mean "Loading Screen: The Game"? how is that better then oblivion? Did you not like spells? There's like 5 spells in Skygay.

Graphics and stupid instant gratification? Skyshit was more guilty of that then oblivion. "YOU ARE DRAGONCOCK, A SUPER SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE DESTINED TO DESTROY THE HALO RINGS"

In short, you actually found an opinion that could be wrong.
>>
>>560560290
Oblivion with few mods is better then morrowind
and skyshit with mods
>>
>>560559440
Pillars of Eternity might be good. Maybe.
>>
Shut up faggot if you want morrowind play morrowind. You're like one of the people who gets mad when artists change their style up. Did ya want them to stay the same forever and keep sucking your nostalgic dick?
>>
File: photo.jpg (13 KB, 250x251) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
photo.jpg
13 KB, 250x251
>>560560001
>Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
stopped reading there
>>
>>560560001

Yes, there is a reason to make someone backtrack after completing a dungeon. It's to make it feel, oh I don't know, like a fucking dungeon. A good dungeon makes you feel isolated and cut off from the beaten path, and placing an exit right next to the entrance shatters the illusion of being in a place that is actually secluded and dangerous. I shouldn't have to explain this to you. Why is this not common sense?

Again, this comes back to you wanting convenience and being willing to sacrifice a huge part of what makes the game great in order to get it.
>>
>>560558895
>No hollow victories
Ffs, getting Ebony Cuirass was like easiest task I had in my life. On level six.
>>
>>560560680
Because the list wouldn't get much better than that? Yeah, I agree, it's fucking great.
>>
File: 1406586811458.jpg (136 KB, 640x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406586811458.jpg
136 KB, 640x640
I just recently did inventory of the highest rated and most popular games on Metacritic. User rated. Not critic.

The RPG's clearly dominant were
- Divinity Original sin. This came out a few months ago. Being praised as a genuinely good experience. This is what you're looking for.
- Baldur's gate II enhanced edition, which I'll be buying when it hits 5 bucks again.
- Fallout 2 which I already own and just not interested.
- Diablo 2, nothing but broken dreams. That game is finished.
- Planescape Torment which I can't see myself playing ever.

Morrowind might be the highest rated Elder Scrolls game from what I recall. However, I avoid franchises that washed out. Elder Scrolls to me is just generic hipster bullshit that I'm not interested in.

It's just one of those things that was far too popular for me to be able to force myself to be interested in. I can't do it. I've seen what it is and it's just noise in the background.
>>
>>560558895
Morrowind scaled enemies you humogous faggot.
>>
Morrowind is total garbage, not even trolling. It's a terrible shit game. The story and setting are cool but that means fuck all because the gameplay is like fucking a bag full of rocks.
>>
You want enemies that scale with your level so you can go anywhere and fight anything regardless of how long you've been playing.

>What is difficulty setting

You want dungeons that give you a convenient exit when you've reached the end so you don't have to be inconvenienced with backtracking for a few minutes.

>this ones stupid, would you rather games had pointless, boring, unnecessary waiting times?

You want instant gratification in every facet of every fucking game you play, because you're too stupid to realize that a game like Morrowind is brilliant because it makes you give a little to get something in return. There are no hollow victories.

>Like most games when played on a setting above normal

You want nice graphics to look at, and you don't care if you have to sacrifice the actual art style of the game in order to get it. Oblivion was the most generic pile of uninspired shit I have ever laid eyes on. Skyrim was better, but not by much.

>Oblivion was set in a temperate, European-Esq setting, of course it was boring to look at.


I agree morrowind was the best elder scrolls game, but you're so whiny and dumb that it's comical, I really hope this is bait
>>
File: 1407143137543.gif (929 KB, 264x320) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407143137543.gif
929 KB, 264x320
Bethesda is abysmal when it comes to developing games in general. Look at the Fallout series, they altered the story in a horrendous way that it didn't even directly relate to the first two games. Recycled the brotherhood of steel and Enclave and stamped a shitty combat system. I still admire the Fallout series; but 3 was an absolute piece of shit.
>>
>>560561025
>>
>>560558895

Skyrim was a little bit too easy.

When you first start it's difficult to get across the map because of the bears but you can still fast travel using the horse and cart. The scaling system meant that you could craft unbeatable weaponry fairly quickly.

Oblivion had a bug that the enemies scaled to the player meaning that there were no enemies at lower levels and the enemies were impossible to beat when your character had progressed.

Both of those were fixed in mods.
>>
>>560561201
If Bethesda made the games aren't they at liberty to change whatever they want and have that be the "real" story
>>
>>560560941
It kept stuff like ascended sleepers, golden saints and dremora lords from spawning on random monster spawn points before you hit a certain level so you couldn't grind endgame resources off them. They could still be encountered in the world where they were hand placed. All NPCs had fixed level.
>>
File: 1379461195675.jpg (1 MB, 1505x1650) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1379461195675.jpg
1 MB, 1505x1650
You know what bothers me the most about Skyrim? How everything is built around fast travel. In oblivion, it was present and you could use it, but quests were structured like in Morrowind: They were local affairs that let you organically explore the surroundings. Through doing the quests, you developed an opinion about and knowledge of the local environment.

Skyrim, on the other hand, more often than not sends you literally across the map for quests. The game is impossible to enjoy without using fast travel, because you'll be running across the map for the smallest errands. There are many examples of the game telling you to talk to someone for a quest, and then you literally only do that, and they send you back across the map to the actual quest objective. It's almost like Skyrim was built to force people into using fast travel

I still think Oblivion and Skyrim are good games, and it's obvious Bethesda still cares about the old fans. But Morrowind's mechanics just worked a lot better for me. The problem is that the game was only really rewarding when you got stuck in, but provided no hint at all of this fact. Then it was picked up by the casual market, and the rest is history.

The best thing would be a return to Morrowind's mechanics, but the game taking the time to explain about all that shit. Just put it in the tutorial. I mean, Morrowind literally did not have a tutorial. The closest thing to it was Fargoth's ring, and that cave full of bandits near Seyda Neen. And those faggots still kicked your ass if you hadn't spent a few minutes stabbing mudcrabs. Though I have to say, it's pretty cool to have locals warn you about the attribute damage undead give, rather than reading it in a pop-up screen.

tl;dr: Skyrim and Oblivion are good, but Morrowind is better because it's mechanically a better game.
>>
>>560561309

No, because at the end of the day, they are a business and their goal is to make a profit.

They have to give people what they want, and they realized they could become AAA if they would just dumb things down a little, or "streamline" it as I'm sure some of you would argue.
>>
Fuck yeah, Morrowind.

If I were to reload that is there a good mod out there that updates the graphics?
>>
>>560561309
I agree, they can alter the story-line in any way they possibly want. All I'm stating is 3 had a absurdly written story that was easily predictable. Look at what Obsidian did with New Vegas, Caesar's legion was essentially unique to the Fallout time line. I don't know man, Fallout 3 just wasn't a compelling game for me, I never even finished the dlcs. The only factor that makes 3 a memorable game was three dog, I guess.
>>
Can you imagine what the series would have been like if it was made by devoted fans from Morrowind onwards?

I'm not even talking the older guys that were doing full conversions years ago. I'm talking people who barely even make it by being born in 88 or 89 who actually remember playing difficult games but understand the market.

Instead we get a bunch of fuckheads making "indi" games rather than people getting together on a project and making a kickass game. The way it used to be.
>>
>>560561201
>muh Fallout

I find these complaints hard to swallow when looking back at Fallout 2. Compared to Fallout, Fallout 2 was ludicrous. It was thick with pop culture references and other sillyness. Fallout 2 did to Fallout exactly what you faggots claim Fallout 3 did to Fallout 2. You can not complain exclusively about Fallout 3 if you're unwilling to admit that Fallout 2 did exactly the same shit.

So this crime Bethesda committed? They gave you more of the same. They gave you more of the shit you claimed you wanted. But like a fickle child, you looked at it and said you wanted something else, now.
>>
File: 1406299092253s.jpg (3 KB, 104x125) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406299092253s.jpg
3 KB, 104x125
>>560558895
The hierarchy is:
>Morrowind
>Oblivion
>Skyrim

Skyrim was even more dumbed-down and simple. You were almost right OP. I actually think Oblivion was pretty good. got nothing on Morrowind tho.
>>
>>560561892
You've got the Morrowind Overhaul, and you've got Knots' Guide. Knots' Guide is outdated, but the one I used three years ago. The result looked amazing.

Knots' Guide is specifically meant to work with Tamriel Rebuilt. But Morrowind Overhaul also works with it, I think.
>>
>>560562376
Cool, thanks. I'll check them out.
>>
All of you cunts agreeing with me that Morrowind is king, and then asking about mods to make it more modern.... you fucking disgust me.
>>
Keep crying faggots.
>>
I agree Oblivion looks like shit.

Dungeon exits are fucking awesome though.
>>
>>560562550

Relax, nigga. I just want to pretty it up, not change the gameplay.
>>
>>560562293

I got Morrowind on PC eventually, but I'll never forget the first time I played it on Xbox.

The music was fucking awesome. Then......I went to Vivec and killed a trader for all his shit.
>>
>>560562550
Well said! Good graphics are just a way to hide a shit game.
>>
>>560562196
Yeah, Fallout 2 was based on the foundation of absurdity. But the story is much more entertaining than that of Fallout 3. The characters were far more memorable and entertaining as well.
>>
>>560558895

Both morrowind and skyrim were designed by todd howard, fag
>>
>>560558895
I still play morrowind on a daily basis. There are enough mods that add enough content to keep me occupied.
>>
>>560562734
Ah Vivec... Best city in any game.

My only problem with Morrowind is that the quests are a bit unimagimnative at times. There are still amazing ones tho, and they're awesomely hidden. Like that argonian that looks like a normal NPC. You charm her and she gives you awesome loot and tells you to kill people and shit for her.
>>
There's only really two things I miss from Morrowind.
One is that it was such an "alien" world, and that the game world itself barely felt like it gave any fucks that you were there - it would go on living regardless.
The other is that it let you kill anyone, if you were good enough. No "herp derp this person is mysteriously invincible because they're for a quest somewhere", just a brief note of "YOU DUN FUCKED UP" as they die and that's it.

Other than that, it was pretty clear they hadn't got the hang of making real-time combat instead of turn-based yet, and leveling was lopsided as shit between "useless" and "MY JIZZ IS MORE POWERFUL THAN GODS".
>>
>>560558895
>You want enemies that scale with your level so you can go anywhere and fight anything regardless of how long you've been playing.

Yeah. How is that a bad thing? How does that not open the world up for better exploring?

>You want dungeons that give you a convenient exit when you've reached the end so you don't have to be inconvenienced with backtracking for a few minutes.

I'm not saying that backtracking is the worst thing in the world, but it could obviously get a bit boring. I don't see how this is a bad thing.
>>
Currently having a fucking blast with Morrowind. I started on Oblivion and it was fun but no where near as exciting as Morrowind is. I only have on quarrel that i'm hoping /b/ can help me with. If I don't have the music muted, the game stutters every 2 seconds. Which sucks because I have heard the music is one of the best parts about this game. Does anyone know why this is happening?
>>
>>560562972

I really do believe that Bethesda did the worst thing ever by making an MMO.

They could have made the best game of all time by creating a real, breathing Morrowind. Instead we get a bunch of bullshit. Instead of a masterpiece we get another WoW clone.

I miss the early era of game making. Back when it was like making art rather than profit.
>>
lol it's a video game, if you don't like it don't play it. why are you such a baby, Op?
>>
>>560563404
>I really do believe that Bethesda did the worst thing ever by making an MMO.
Bethesda didn't make the MMO though. That was a decision by higher ups at Zenimax and they started their own studio which made TESO.
>>
>>560563416
Being unable to accept things changing and insisting on things staying the same as they were 10 years ago is a symptom of autism.
>>
>>560562768
Personally, I never cared for the story in Fallout 2. I thought it was flimsy as hell, and it was basically an excuse to let you run around the wasteland doing random quests.

All in all, I think Fallout 3 was a good sequel to Fallout 2. It did a lot of the same stuff, and it translated the Fallout formula to the modern age quite well. A lot better than people could have hoped for, given the number of shitty sequels out there.

New Vegas was much more a successor to the first Fallout. It threw out a lot of the zany stuff, and even thematically it feels a lot more like it's taking place close after WWIII, rather than the 200+ years it is in canon.

>>560562972
Are you talking about Ahnassi? She's a Khajiit. And your special friend.
>>
>>560558895
i love you OP
>>
File: fallout 3 a shit.jpg (1 MB, 2213x2397) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fallout 3 a shit.jpg
1 MB, 2213x2397
>>560563628
>Fallout 3 was a good sequel to Fallout 2
>>
>>560563628
>your special friend.

Still a more realistic romance option than Skyrim's "OH YOU ARE WEARING THAT NECKLACE LETS GET MARRIED"
>>
>>560560001
>hasnt played the world ends with you
>hasnt played god hand
>hasnt played warband
>hasnt played shadow of the collossus
>hasnt played any of the ace attorney series
>hasnt played EYE
>hasnt played vtmb
>refined taste
And here i thought /v/ were a bunch of casuals
>>
I could never enjoy Skyrim much:

> The world feels too small and unrealistic. Everything is crammed together

> The lore is TERRIBLE. Immersion is broken instantly upon any voice acting in this game

> Everything is centered around YOU. Even when heavily modded, it still feels very artificial and cold

> Graphics are too good for the animations, the uncanny valley is a huge issue in this game.
>>
>>560558895
>backtracking
teleport spell faggot
try backtracking in Daggerfall dungeons, literal fucking 3d maze
>>
>>560563628
Yes I am talking about Ahnassi. My bad. Sorry.
>>
>>560564348
>The lore is TERRIBLE
Skyrim had lots of good lore. Oblivion was the one with terrible lore.
>>
File: 1379358487719.jpg (138 KB, 750x750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1379358487719.jpg
138 KB, 750x750
>>560558895
nigger detected
>>
>>560560671
No, I'm assuming OP wanted a better game, with more content. But after Morrowind, the games had less content in them, and smaller worlds to play in.
>>
>>560560945
It's more fun than the combat in Skyrim. Skyrim was literally impossible to lose, even on the hardest difficulty.
>>
>>560564348
IDK about the centered part i always thought they never really gave a flying fuck about you being able to shoot dragons out of the sky with your voice

or that you killed a godlike dragon apart from the scripted "oh look it's the dragonborn" shit
>>
>>560563825
What I liked about it is that it felt, for lack of a better word, natural. Most games pare this shit down to crappy mechanics, but in Morrowind you just run into her in buttfuck nowhere. You might as well miss her completely if you just keep running past Pelagiad.

Morrowind had a habit of putting cool stuff in the middle of nowhere in general, too. Sometimes it's just something cool to look at, but other times it's a powerful artifact. But that hit-and-miss approach to rewards made adventuring feel real. Because you might fight your way through those nasty, high-level enemies with only minimal loot waiting for you at the end. In Skyrim, there's a generic loot chest at the end of every dungeon. You're never going to sink an investment in a dungeon for nothing, but you're also never going to hit it big. The game hands out the Daedric gear when it thinks you're ready, not because of any quality inherent in the player. That's the hugbox world for you.
>>
>>560558895
>Mfw this could all be said for the Thief series as well
>Mfw when you don't realize they are being made for peasant consoles instead of PC master race
>>
>>560563242
>How does that not open the world up for better exploring?
I liked pretty much all TES games so Im not biased here but enemy scaling is very annoying for me

it is rpg, progression and development of your character is fundamental
so no you shouldnt be able to go anywhere and fight anything right of the bat

and when you are high enough lvl fucking bear or spider shouldnt bother you anymore
>>
>>560564923
That's what I mean, it felt far more "realistic".
>meet some chick in a bar
>she likes your moves
>talk to her for a bit
>spend fucking months giving each other increasingly expensive gifts
>eventually you can move in with her
>>
>>560565128

This guy gets it. Listen to him you fuckwads.
>>
Ya'll fucking peasants
>>
>>560559181
>>560559559
>>560560671

confirmed for being a part of the new generation of MTV popcorn eating gossiping cock sucking nimrod brained swag fag cawadooty butt fucking welfare tit sucking everybody gets a trophy whiny megatronfaglords
>>
>>560564589
>Skyrim had lots of good lore.
ice elves mentioned in one obscure in-game book in Daggerfall as a myth, now a well known fact
yelling instead of magic, ffs not even worth the trouble...
>>
>>560558895
>set out as a young khajiit, attempting to free my brothers from the slavery of morrowind
>first quest in the northern parts of morrowind
>see a scamp
>I can't hit it
>at all
>run when my health starts getting low
>run and run and run
>little fucker chases me across almost half the map before I lose him

I miss Morrowind
>>
>>560564494
Oh look, someone who is not just a 14 yo fag having nostalgia over babbys first rpg
>>
>>560561892
Google "Morrowind MGE"
>>
>>560565316
>daggerfall
>good
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>560565484
What's your point?
White-Gold, canonization of Many Headed Talos and mentioning of Godhead himself. Expanding on the concept of Kalpas and filling the backstory of falmer, just to mention a few.
>>
>Elder Scrolls to me is just generic hipster bullshit
>It's just one of those things that was far too popular for me to be able to force myself to be interested in.

You have 2 minutes to explain to me what "hipster" means, fagulus maximus.
>>
File: 1375021871353.jpg (175 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1375021871353.jpg
175 KB, 1024x768
>>
File: 1375021906529.jpg (188 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1375021906529.jpg
188 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>560561816
>They have to give people what they want

Stop being an entitled little bitch, they can do whatever the fuck they want with their IP.
>>
File: 1375021939720.jpg (190 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1375021939720.jpg
190 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>560565618
How is it not good faggot? Do you even Privateer's Hold?
>>
File: 1375021974490.jpg (180 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1375021974490.jpg
180 KB, 1024x768
>>
File: 1375022009053.jpg (175 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1375022009053.jpg
175 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>560558895

gr8 b8 8m
>>
File: 1375022049225.jpg (195 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1375022049225.jpg
195 KB, 1024x768
>>
File: 1375022086950.jpg (182 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1375022086950.jpg
182 KB, 1024x768
>>
File: 1375022123390.jpg (181 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1375022123390.jpg
181 KB, 1024x768
>>
File: almasthirr1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
almasthirr1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: morrowind-arrows.jpg (146 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
morrowind-arrows.jpg
146 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>560558895

I agree with some of your points, without a doubt. However some of the Morrowind gameplay did need improving (obviously because of age of game etc.).

Archery on Morrowind was terrible.
Still undecided about lock picking.
Direction marker/minimap much improved on later games.
Loved the unscaled enemies, missed that a lot in the later games.
I personally love the dungeon exits. I can never be arsed to walk all the way back again, also don't really think it detracts much from the atmosphere.
Stealth system much better in later games.

I reckon a proper remake of Morrowind with a few small changes it would be awesome.
>>
>>560558895
agree 100%
>>
>>560566589
>Direction marker/minimap much improved on later games.
Direction maker shouldn't exist at all.
>>
>>560565182
Some girls give you the key to their hearts. others give you the key to the Telvanni vaults.

Which you then rob of every last piece of gold they hold.

Which reminds me: Morrowind made me feel wealthy. You could earn loads of gold, powerful gear was significantly better than low-tier gear (and despite that, low-tier gear remained useful), and there was actually stuff worth to steal in the world. With my last character I legged it all the way to Ghostgate just so I could steal some glass and indoril armour. Not to flog it off, but to use it for myself.

>>560565504
How did you end up in the North? Most of my characters' early levels are spent on the Bitter Coast.
>>
>>560560680

your a idiot.
>>
>>560566768
Exactly.
>>
File: SCR15.png (8 KB, 320x154) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SCR15.png
8 KB, 320x154
>>560564923
>Morrowind had a habit of putting cool stuff in the middle of nowhere in general
yea this is witch coven somewhere in Wrothgorian mountains that you can encounter only on certain holiday once a year
welcome to Daggerfall
>>
>>560566768

Seconded.
>>
>>560566184
And what they want to do is appeal to the masses, it works both ways.
>>
>>560558895

Sounds like a case of old world blues

Captcha: decade scholars
>>
>>560566978
>>
>>560566895
That's pretty cool. It's too bad Daggerfall came out before I started gaming, so I'm not able to look past the graphics and the other clunkiness. Morrowind basically ported the entire formula to modern times.

Maybe I'll try it one of these days.
>>
>>560566886
>>560566768

Why not? Definitely not in dungeons, but why not outside?
>>
>>560560001

Enemies that scaled with your level was a really bad idea and Bethesda pretty much admitted to it. Getting the shit beat out of you by some goblin with a stick when you're basically demi-god is, oh I don't know, pretty bad for immersion.
>>
>>560566768
qft x 20000
>>
>>560567179

Because fuck your desire to oversimplify everything. Open your journal, follow the written directions. It won't fucking kill you. Why do you want to mindlessly be told where to go and what to do without any effort or thought on your part?
>>
File: Dagoth Ur dream.png (81 KB, 1395x335) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Dagoth Ur dream.png
81 KB, 1395x335
>>560567063
Morrowind was a lot deeper than either Skyrim and Oblivion. Setting and plot play a big part in what makes an RPG good and is the reason lots of people prefer Morrowind.

>>560567179
Because it's a god mode where you just run towards an objective. You aren't solving a quest, but running through a linear tube developers put there for retards who can't into solving quests, but then forgot to disable it for people who actually want to play the damn game.
>>
>>560567179
I do not need that the game hold my hands. In fact this piss me off. I want to have to wander for finding shits.
>>
>>560560694
Or u know... u could use a recall spell.

> skyrim fag: "what's recall?"
>>
>>560558895
>Morrowind
>Not Arena
>>
>>560567398
As a long term fan who played all TES games, I gotta say one thing - No one played Arena.
>>
WELCOME TO /b/
NOW PLEASE GO BACK TO /V/ AND LEAVE US IN PEACE
GO AWAY
GO AWAY
GO AWAY
GO AWAY
>>
>>560567307

IRL: Someone marks somewhere on your maps. See where you are currently on map, use compass, go correct direction....
>>
>>560566895
They were always available provided you knew were to look. I've replayed Daggerfall like 5 time and at most I've only found 1 coven, from a map the questgiver gave. Though they're pretty useless save summoning Hircine
>>
>>560567468
Most of the people who go to boards other than /b/ started on /b/. When you're screaming at people to leave and go back to /v/, /pol/ or whichever other board, you're actually yelling at people who have been here (probably) longer than you.
>>
Do you even Divinity: Original Sin?
>>
>>560565484
>yelling instead of magic
its like you think they replaced magic with shouts when the shouts are just another addition
>>
File: TES.jpg (141 KB, 820x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
TES.jpg
141 KB, 820x300
>>
>>560567664
not talking about the people, i'm talking about the opinions
>>
Morrowind sucks.
>>
File: Skyrim.png (3 MB, 1914x970) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Skyrim.png
3 MB, 1914x970
>>560567375

I use recall in Skyrim all the time.
>>
>>560567179
Because it takes the fun out of exploration as soon as you take a quest. Paradoxically , the only time when this would have been sort of acceptable is around Morrowind's time. But these days there are assloads of recources you can use to find something on your map if you're really stuck, or just too lazy to follow directions.

Having to find some dungeon was part of the adventure. Whipping out the map that came with the game to spot out where the quest wants you to go was awesome.

There's too much handholding in these modern incarnations of TES. They want you to feel like a hero and adventurer, but the real adventure only starts when there is a certain measure of uncertainty. Following a GPS marker like a drone and slicing through a few mobs doesn't an adventure make.
>>
>>560566768

Fucking this

>>560558895

I have a theory

>inb4 nostalgia goggles

To me, it seemed like the "older" games were like a painting, some parts were beautiful, some ugly but as a whole it seemed to be a work of art that the creater could fucking care less if you enjoyed it

That's what I loved about diablo, the older final fantasy's morrowind and older games in general

They were going to paint as they pleased and you were more than welcome to look and enjoy or just fuckoff

But like everything that gets too successful it just became a corrupted piece of shit, I was beyond dissapointed when I got Oblivion, couldn't believe they'd take so much out of the game, for what reason?

Fast forward to Skyrim and it's downright pathetic, do 5-7 quests? You're the leader of the faction now yay go dragonborn you're getting so big!

Instant gratification faggotry
>>
>>560567754
You do realize you're yelling at people who have different opinions than you to go off a board designed for people to exchange opinions?
You're literally a reddit tier huxgox person.
>>
>>560567768
As you do with dicks.
>>
>>560567842

Thanks for the decent response. Completely forgot about the map they gave you.
>>
>>560567768
Go fast travel somewhere else kid, adults talking here.
>>
>>560567913
Lel, it's old garbage. Looks like dog shit and plays even worse. Let go of the past faggot (not to imply that it was ever good).
>>
File: 1392816870033.jpg (799 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392816870033.jpg
799 KB, 1920x1080
>>560568134
>Looks like dog shit
It can be modded.
>>
>>560567754
Yeah, all the better to leave more room for the porn and /pol/ threads.
>>
>>560568095
>Caring about shitty old video games
>"Hurr durr we're adults"
>>
>>560567876
>designed for people to exchange opinions
/v/ is for video game opinions.
There should be no video game opinions on here, because there's already an entire fucking board for it.
Just as there should be no mlp here, because there's a fucking board for it.

ITT: /v/ shitposters who need to go back to their shithole
>>
>>560567467
first TES game I played was Arena, loved it got me into TES
didnt know anything about it went in blind, let stars choose my fate, got Sorcerer, suffered like bitch in early lvls, later became godlike felt so good
story is good that guides you thruout game, and overall feel is very immersive
very decent rpg even now
>>
>>560566037
>>560566101
>>560566195
>>560566242
>>560566291
>>560566356
>>560566435
>>560566497
>>560566552

Most of these are either quite logical, inaccurate or brutally taken out of context. I chuckled at the sledgehammer miss though, it got really awkward sometimes.
>>
>>560567747
>no Klingons
>no Pakled

Talk about a missed oppertunity.
>>
>>560568256
so can skyrim, you piece of hypocritical shit.
This thread has just been made obsolete by your post.
well done.
>>
>>560568134
By far looks better than Skyrim, fagget.
>>
>>560567872
what you're describing is nostalgia goggles

the experiences you had with morrowind and diablo feel special because you had not played a game like it before.
but as time passes you play games that are similar but they dont really give you anything new since they follow the same premise as the older ones.

your minds gets bored so you feel the new ones are shit but the old ones are grand.
that combined with the experience of playing a certain type of game for the first time e.g goldeneye 007 on the 64 as to playing the latest installment of cod the N64 game feel better because you experianced it before the cod game.
>>
File: 1406072440905.png (243 KB, 576x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406072440905.png
243 KB, 576x384
>>560568264
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>560558895
Fuck yes Morrowind
I love that game
You could kill everyone even fucking gods
Killing Almalexia was satisfying that fucking bitch killed Sotha Sil
Also this game has alot of memorale characters and places
Seyda Neen , Balmora , Vivec City , Ald'ruhn
And everyone treats you like the N'wah you are
No special treatment beccause you're the player, you actually get treated more shitty because you're an outlander, and even when everyone knows you're the nerevarine everyone still treats you like shit, especially because you killed their gods
>>
>>560568270

There are still plenty of trap/roll threads anon, go see if you can get dubs

>>560568075

You weren't even born when it came out, also

>graphics
>important

Casual as fuck
>>
>>560568427
pretty much
>>560568498
no it doesnt, fag enabler
>>
>>560568075
They gave one with Skyrim, too.

I used it once. Literally once.
>>
File: 1404573627294.jpg (54 KB, 453x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404573627294.jpg
54 KB, 453x500
>>560558895
Videogames will never be as fun as when you were a kid.

It's not because the games are getting worse--that's what the same fatasses said about games like your precious morrowind when it replaced whatever bullshit they played as a kid. It's because YOU ARE GETTING OLD.

The games you think are terrible now are just as fun to kids as morrowind was to you, and when they get older and the magic of youth is replaced by the banality of maturity, they'll be bitching about how they don't make games like Skyrim, Saints Row, etc. anymore.

Game companies have always been about making money. Are you so goddamn stupid that you don't realize that? You really think the people who made morrowind didn't give a shit about money, and they just wanted to do a good deed for all the gamers in the world? No. Game companies make games to make money. Because it's mostly children that play games, the new ones are marketed to appeal to children.


Grow up, you fat faggot.
>>
>>560568427
Graphics date and therefore shouldn't be taken as a point regards quality of an old game. Still, for those who can't look at it because of their spoiled tastes, graphics can be modded. You're interpriting posts wrongly, or are a petty troll.
>>
>>560568270
It's random you retard, people can talk about anything here.
>>
>>560558895

agreed. I feel you bro.
>>
File: 1368559583797.png (126 KB, 2230x820) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1368559583797.png
126 KB, 2230x820
>>560568604
>Seyda, Balmora, Vivec, Ald-
its like you played the game for 30 min
>>
Oblivion > Skyrim >>>>>>> Morrowind
>>
One thing that Morrowind had going for it, perhaps unintentionally due to hardware constraints, was a shitty render distance. The fog of war obfuscated anything that was too far away and that added a huge sense of mystery and discovery to the world. I can understand people complaining about swinging a sword 15 times at a mudcrab and only hitting twice, though. A lot of the complaints levelled against the game are made by casuals who don't understand traditional RPG dice mechanics.
>>
>>560568673
I've played Morrowind first time in 2011, though. Nostalgia googles is a strawman.
>>
>>560568720
Apart from mlp, they remove mlp threads.
Oh right, and CP threads.
They should remove /v/ shitposting threads as well

ITT: nostalgia goggles
>>
>>560568636
Modded Skyrimjob DO LOOKS like shit compared to modded Morrowind. You cant change that, jewniggerfag.
>>
File: 1386981653576.jpg (45 KB, 471x361) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1386981653576.jpg
45 KB, 471x361
>>560560863

>Elder Scrolls to me is just generic hipster bullshit that I'm not interested in.

>It's just one of those things that was far too popular for me to be able to force myself to be interested in.

>Generic hipster bullshit

>Far too popular for me to be interested in
>>
File: lostit.png (1 MB, 1414x851) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lostit.png
1 MB, 1414x851
>>560568270
This. If you're on /b/ posting your faggy opinions that belong on another board, you're shitposting. Grow out of videogames and go to fucking work.

also this >>560568673
>>
>>560560001
Why Dungeon keepers 2, why not one?
>>
>>560568856
You should really stop posting until you've spent at least a month here.
>>
File: 1407115413210.jpg (19 KB, 280x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407115413210.jpg
19 KB, 280x400
>>560568692
I'm not talking about graphics, you plebian.
The entire gameplay experience can be modded.
Badoom, boom.
Fuck of /v/ shitpost thread.
>>
>>560568781
Because Khuul and Molag Mar were memorable places full of memorable stuff.
>>
>>560568606

Dude, I was born a decade before Morrowind came out and also I quite like nice graphics. I am far from a casual gamer so cut the shit.
>>
>>560558895
> complains about things you dislike in TES
> doesn't just go on the nexus to download a mod to customize skyrim the way you want
>>
>>560560516
>then
>then
>then
Fuck you!
>>
>>560568516

Negative my friend, I get the exact same feelings from dark souls

Skyrimjob did not follow the same premise, it wenr from you being a part of a world to being in a daycare, the "secret" exits at the end of all the dungeons were just a greater slap to the face
>>
>>560568781
Been into every single ancestral tomb faggot, want me to write a book about them too?
>>
>>560558895
I want none of these things though, I'd love a deep RPG to play.
>>
>>560560290

Skyrim, aside from it's story fuckery, was a shitty game, mechanically.

It had more bugs than Oblivion, was WAY more crash-prone, even AFTER updates, and on PC basically REQUIRED you to manually edit saves to fix CTD issues on save. The Devs just shrugged and said "lol, deal with it.".

That's ignoring it's horrific performance. I have an HD 7870 2Gb card. It runs Far Cry 3 on ultra, at 1080p and never dips below 45 fps. I run Planetside pinned at 60.

Skyrim with a few mods?

Barely 30.

the TES series has gotten worse, both story-wise and overall quality-wise as time's gone on. It's to the point where I firmly believe that TES VI is going to have Day 0 DLC ( and tons of extra DLC ) be un-moddable without buying some kind of unlocker, and be essentially unplayable on PC due to instability.

tl;dr, your right, OP's right, Imma go flip a table.
>>
Skyrim has the best porn mods

>/thread
>>
>>560568389
Whenever I see someone complain about missing all the time in Morrowind, I tend to assume they can't find their butt with both hands. Literally all you had to do was use a skill you were good at, keep Agility reasonable, and keep an eye on your fatigue. It's almost like it's a real RPG.

And none of those assholes ever realize they can do the same thing to enemies. My backup weapon was a chitin shortsword enchanted with fatigue damage. Even fairly powerful NPC's would drop to their knees after a good stabbing with that thing.

And honestly, I miss that. The whole having different pieces of gear for different situations. The closest I came in Skyrim was enchanting a sword with Paralyze so that it'd leave my enemies to roast in the Wall of Flames I'd cast. That was a good trick. Wish there were more.
>>
>>560558895
Oblivion was by far the best Elder Scrolls game.

Despite it's shit leveling and bad voice acting the game differently comes out on top with it's Main story and far superior Guilds. Not to mention it's better scenery and atmosphere.

Skyrim was a shallow, dull piece of simplified shit for the average gamer. Your armor and weapons don't get damaged, you can't swing a weapon underwater, no spell creating, no attributes, no acrobatics or athletics...

All of the guilds are boring as shit with half assed story's and quests that any character can complete without actually needing the set skills for the guild.

And don't act like Morrowind was the perfect game either...
>>
>>560569260
Yeah thats exactly why its such a shitty game. Nothing interesting to do in this game beside fapin' to female characters.
>>
>>560568949
Hey, stupid, /b/ is here for shitposting. Ask moot. Stupid fucking summerfaggot. Lurk moar before posting here with the regulars, little kid.
>>
>>560568974
Same applies to you.
Fellow new friend :)

>>560569090
This.
X100 this

>>560569245
Speak for yourself faggot.
Full HD texture packs, about 300 active mods, never crashed once, never had to fuck about with saves.
>around 60 constant fps with vsync
>around 140 without
Faggot you obviously don't know shit about how to optimise games you piece of aborted nigger
>>
>>560569245
>TES VI is going to have Day 0 DLC
inb4 horse armor
>>
File: 21313.png (1 MB, 693x771) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
21313.png
1 MB, 693x771
>>560569245
>Modding a game
>Expects full performance
>>
>>560566517
Tamriel Rebuilt is probably the best mod on any TES game ever
It has more lore than skyrim (which is made by fucking profeesionals) and still maintains the Morrowind gameplay without changing a damn thing
Thank you based Tamriel Rebuilt team
>>
>>560568516
No, what he's describing is market action. Games used to appeal to a niche audience, but today they are mainstream.

Morrowind itself exists in a strange equilibrium where it appealed to both the niche and the mainstream. And to their credit, Bethesda continues to try to make games that truly appeal to both audiences. They make plenty of mistakes along the way, but in a world where developers drop their core demographics like red hot bricks of steel, I appreciate that they try.
>>
>>560568946

I was hoping I wasn't the only one to notice anon refusing to be hipster anymore because iy was "too popular"

Cringeworthy

>>560568949

Good thing your post was so informative and totally not shitposting at all

>>560569085

I'm going to have to ask the same of you then

>>560569421

Morrowind was far from perfect, but you started as such a wretch and by the end of the game you're beyond godly.

You can fly, jump over mountains, throw fireballs that engulf entire cities

In skyrim you could shout qnd knock people down, in oblivion you got a buggy ass horse, that's no comparison to me
>>
>>560558895
God damn all you faggots whining about this and that, boohoo
Man the fuck up and play Ultima III Exodus on the C64 and learn what a real RPG should be like.

Don't have a cloth map? Faggot
Don't have 4 books just to look up monsters? Faggot
3D Graphics? Faggot
Click on what to say from pre-defined list of answers? Faggot

God damn RPG gaming was DOA in the 90's assholes. Stop yammering about Millennials and start fucking looking in the mirror you 90's faggot.
>>
>>560558895
Happy to know I'm not alone with this. Thanls Anon.
>>
>>560569829

I'm not the fag running around calling people kids and casuals.
>>
File: 1326059984516.jpg (12 KB, 245x318) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1326059984516.jpg
12 KB, 245x318
>>560569524
You're wrong, /b/ is for content that doesn't fit in with any other board. Sounds like I struck a chord there with you, shithead. Try again.
>>
File: morrowind.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
morrowind.webm
2 MB, 640x360
Morrowhiners will defend this.
>>
>>560569848
See
>>560568673
>>
File: 1371840629640.jpg (57 KB, 960x886) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1371840629640.jpg
57 KB, 960x886
>>560569524
>>
>>560569542

This is the issue.

Here's the thing. I get having to do some "massaging" to make mods work. That's fine and good.

With skyrim, you have to recompile the fucking launcher to fix a memory addressing issue.

what the fucking fuck.

that's not massaging, that's reprogramming the goddamn game. Now, I get that it'll basically fix everything, hopefully, but still, fuck that shit. I've never had a game with this much broken shit out the door. It's not Mod load order, or incompatibilities, I use BOSS, it's not hard.

I've avoided texture mods, mainly because they don't really help all that much, so that's not the issue. No, it's the fact that I haven't decompiled the game, and changed code to make it work.

If that makes me a niggerfaggot, then so be it, I have better things to do than Bethesda's job.
>>
>>560570107
>playing the game wrong
>>
>>560563087
mynigga.jpg
Fuck yes you are the most sane and cool person one here
Leveling was really good in Morrowind
Melee Combat sucked
>>
>>560570148
See
>>560568848
>>
>>560570107
step in swing, step back use magic/potion
repeat
it's not diablo retard
>>
File: 1322303008639.jpg (68 KB, 454x350) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1322303008639.jpg
68 KB, 454x350
>>560569829
I'm informing you that your "muh morrowind was like a beautiful painting, go fuck off" opinions you've been posting for 30 minutes are unwanted and you should go to fucking work. You're reply was basically "no you". stay mad
>>
>>560562972
I've put more than 350+ hours in Morrowind and never knew that
Thanks you based anon
>>
>>560558895

try stop being a fat neckbeard virgin. no1 plays games that are boring. they play games with good graphics, good plot, and fun features. fuck off.
>>
>>560570001
I'm sorry, little kid, but your opinion became irrelevant when moot called this a containment board. Containment boards are for shitposting. I wouldn't expect a meme regurgitating babby who posts Tim and Eric's Aweful shit to be able to think that through.
>>560570153
His metrics are faulty. He doesn't account for the people who are here the rest of the year leaving in anticipation of dumb faggots like yourself who can't think critically, even about the images they post in defense of poor arguments.
>>
>>560569109
The reason you feel like you went from being part of the world to a daycare is because you allow yourself to feel that way.

Like i said in my previous post you will immerse yourself in a world when it feels like a new experience but you having played games like skyrim before its hard to do so since they kind of feel the same.

The moment i realized this games became more fun because i wanted to immerse myself in them knowing that if i dont put some effort into doing so i wont be able too.I have played so many games that the feeling you got when discovering a new type of game is no longer there.
>>
>>560569245
>I firmly believe that TES VI is going to have Day 0 DLC ( and tons of extra DLC ) be un-moddable without buying some kind of unlocker

But nigger, that doesn't make any sense. They basically invented modern DLC with Oblivion, and then dropped it entirely when ther was fan backlash. Since Morrowind, DLC/expansion for TES has followed one simple rule: There will be one expansion that adds minor architecture to the gameworld and a bunch of new dungeons and items. This is the minor expansion. After that follows an expansion that adds a new landmass, complete with its own main quest centering around a Daedric Prince. This is the big one, where the team takes the oppertunity to add things the fans wanted to see. For Morrowind, it was Nords and lycantropy. For Oblivion it was landscape variety. For Skyrim it was Dunmer. As a general rule, these two expansions are the only thing worth getting.

Though, for Morrowind you might as well get the DLC, because back then DLC wasn't a concept yet, so it was free. Namely, the female armour pack and the Siege of Fort Firemoth.
>>
>>560570207
Why did you buy a shit game then?
seems like you being a fanboy has caused this.

The only reason faggots are complaining now is because of their huge fucking nostalgia goggles that they cannot see behind, and will likely never see behind.
If you didn't like the game so much,
why did you fucking play it?
>>
>>560570107

>be adventurer
>walking through forest
>mudcrab outta no where
>break out my hammer, never swung one my entire life
>miss my first swing, should wait and swing again
>fuckthat.jpeg
>swing that hammer all over the place, was tired on the first fucking swing
>mudcrab literally laughing at how weak/tired I am
>swing until completely exhausted
>mudcrab takes pity on me, finally ends my retarded fucking life

Totally the hammer's fault
>>
The only problem with non-level scaled loot is that the player has to hold himself back if he is experienced.

Eg. In Morrowind, Goldbrand, the second best one-handed Long Blade in the game, which is also the base for upgrading to the best, is available very early on. You can get it and be OP as fuck less than 4 weeks (in-game time) into the game. When exactly, on a re-runthrough where you know where it is, should you go and get it? The problem with trying to avoid meta-gaming here is that you know that going to explore the area in which a quest is given for a particular item will result in your character finding about it. This is an unavoidable problem with the best weapons being the unique ones.

I will agree that placing exits in dungeons at the very end destroys immersion by removing the sense of isolation, but Skyrim had a series of extremely long dungeons which outstripped anything in the older games. I think that the best route here would be to only have such exits at the end of particularly long dungeons.
>>
>>560568781
Do you want me to write the whole fucking cities down for you?
I only gave examples, Ald'ruhn had shitloads of weird npcs (That guy infront of the Mages Guild who tells you to get him the powerful charming necklace)
Vivec had alot of weird quest (The girl with the corprus disease in the arena, the guy with the corprus disease in the sewers that his wife is looking for)
Seyda Neen is memorable because of fucking annoying fargoth and the census and excise office
>>
>>560565316
This nigga knows whats up
>>
>>560570107
>dat fatigue bar

That's some shitty bait, Anon.
>>
File: 1326247784421.jpg (5 KB, 126x126) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1326247784421.jpg
5 KB, 126x126
>>560570470
>le summerfag
>lurk moar
>little kid
>babby
>meme regurgitating
you're so fucking mad, and i think it's hilarious. Keep projecting all your insecurities lol
>>
>>560570876
let me show you how retarded your opinion is.

>be soldier
>never fired gun before
>see brown person with gun
>load gun, aim at head
>fire again and again
>every bullet hits
>no damage
>bullets are bending around space time
>shit
>my shooting skill is not high enough
>have to shoot smaller brown people and make my bullets less space-time bending so i can shoot taller brown people
>muh lvling
>>
>>560571190
>you're so fucking mad
I notice that your reply doesn't disprove that this is a containment board for shitposting. I guess you lost.
>>
>>560571393
>id heaven
Oh you're mad
>>
>>560568781
How dare you not finish the name of Ald'ruhn, the best place in the game.

Redoran4lyfe
>>
I enjoyed Oblivion but hated Skyrim.
The main storyline was shit.
No matter what side you choose the quests are all exactly the same.
Also I have never played Morrowind....
If I remember correctly the walking looks unrealistic.
>>
Skyrim is better than Morrowind.
Skyrim is the best RPG ever made.
Skyrim is 10 times richer than any other game, not only in his land but also his NPC, his books (implying you've ever opened a book in Skyrim), his overhaul feeling, his modding potential.
Don't be mad cuz you can't play with on 240x72 and low settings.
>>
>>560571470
Yes, I'm totally mad that I pointed out the critical flaw in your image earlier.
>>
>>560570430

Lol'd, didn't know you cated so much anon, don't worry you'll post again

>>560570627

That's fine anon, and I respecr your opinion but it's wrong in this case, how anyone could get "immersed" in Skyrim us beyond me when its breaking lore at every turn and even gives you liytle cutesy escapes in every dungeon, it's just shit to me

>>560571338

>shooting a gun = swing a 35+ lb hammer

Awwww anon you're so cute, atleast you tried
>>
>>560571567
>his
>>
>>560571606
But you are though
>>
Morrowind has the best RPG elements, better variety, more immersion and freedom.

Oblivion has the best quests, guilds, main story and better scenery.

Skyrim has the best graphics (Obviously) and best combat.

Each game have their pros and cons, It just all narrows down to what you like and how you want to feel in a game.
>>
>>560571545
Skyrim had the worst main quest of Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim by far (I haven't played the predecessors, filthy casual etc etc). Morrowind's main quest isn't as enthralling as Oblivion, but the world is far far better. In terms of immersion and just how crazily interesting the region is, Morrowind is unrivaled imo.
>>
File: sdfsfdfsdgdsggse.jpg (185 KB, 816x816) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sdfsfdfsdgdsggse.jpg
185 KB, 816x816
>>560571732
>at least i tried
>coming up with lame excuse as to why my point doesn't count
Lol k
At least you tried.
>>
>>560571750
Contrary to your blatantly childish opinion, saying something over and over again doesn't necessarily make it true.
>>
>>560568673

Video game companies know more about how to make money now, because the industry has matured. Look at Blizzard - back when their great titles came out, they didn't have people on board with much economic sense, and as they have grown and become an economic superpower in the vidya world, they've brought people on board who understand how to make money better, and become beholden to investors who demand more.

Look at Nintendo - one of their major investors asked, at a shareholders' meeting, why consumers couldn't pay 5 bucks for Mario to jump higher. This philosophy simply didn't exist back in the golden age of gaming because the people selling games had no idea how to make money, and the philosophy was that better games = more money. We now know that isn't the case.
>>
File: 1aisopid.jpg (49 KB, 800x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1aisopid.jpg
49 KB, 800x600
>>560571939
You mean like you've been doing?
You mean like this thread has been doing?
>>
>>560570889
You roleplay.

That's the main difference between Morrowind and Skyrim, with Oblivion sitting in the middle. Morrowind had shitloads of content, with the idea that you wouldn't have access to it all on one playthrough. This facilitated roleplaying, because you could have your pick of the game. One guy on the boards when the game was new just rolled Dunmer, ignored the main quest and factions and travelled around doing side quests, refusing any reward that was given to him.

Sure, it takes some discipline, but you have that, right? Before long, you'll have forgotten all about getting the powerful gear. So much so, that it's rewarding all over again when you stumble across something you had forgotten about.
>>
>>560571909

Hopefully next TES will be a good mix of all 3, probably not though.
>>
>>560558895
>Oblivion was shit
>Skyrim was better

try harder, faggot
>>
File: txKwJYs.gif (988 KB, 500x274) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
txKwJYs.gif
988 KB, 500x274
>>560571567
>baiting this hard
>>
>>560571393
I can feel the neckbeard sweat dripping down your fat face as you type your panicky guaranteed replies. btw that bit about posting content here that another board is made for = shitposting, was said by moot. Stop lying to yourself

>>560571732
if you think people calling you a shitposting loser with nothing better to do on 4chan is "caring", you're more desperate for attention than i thought
>>
>le 90s best generation
>>
>>560572021
The other opinions in this thread are supported by facts. Yours is not.

>e.g. Your father would've never abandoned your family if he hadn't thought you were retarded.

I have no proof of that assertion. Just as you have no proof of your assertion. Understand, Jamal?
>>560572350
>still not refuting my point with a citation
No need to be a sore loser, kid.
>>
>>560571932
Look faglord, if you keep missing enemies in this game, you're shit at it. You're actually bad at playing video games. You fail to take the game's mechanics into account. And who do you blame? The game. The game should just automatically make you win.

Then it wouldn't be a game, would it?

But what I really don't get is what you're doing here. So you don't like Morrowind? Fine. Go post in a trap thread or something.
>>
File: 1369319767109.jpg (38 KB, 475x401) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1369319767109.jpg
38 KB, 475x401
>>560572534
The euphoria is strong in this one.
>>
>>560571932

>type up a bunch if dumb shit
>get told
>get mad
>n-no you

You can read it again anon, that's all I can offer you

>>560572350

Same for you my angry friend

>inb4 not angry but still posting

It's just a discussion guys, if there's nothing to discuss then why get all rump rustled?
>>
File: 1372956485559.jpg (64 KB, 672x712) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1372956485559.jpg
64 KB, 672x712
>>560572618
>Look faglord, if you keep hitting enemies in this game, you're shit at it. You're actually bad at playing video games. You fail to take the game's shit mechanics into account. And who do you blame? The game. The game shouldn't just automatically make you win, it should make combat more challenging than going through a routine every time.

Fixed for you.
Faglord.

Then it wouldn't be a game, would it?

But what I really don't get is what you're doing here. So you don't like Morrowind? Fine. Go post in a trap thread or something.
>>
>>560572479
Morrowind was released on 2002 you fucking inbred.
>>
>>560558895
Op is a faggot.
>>
>>560561674
Agree.

I also liked that you had to find shit yourself in Morrowind.

In Skyrim it goes like this.

>hear a small rumor about an old mage who lived thousands of years ago

>mage was rumored to have this huge fucking treasure hidden away somewhere, but never confirmed

>the knowledge of his hidden underground lair has been lost for centuries.

>here you go, I have marked the exact location of hidden lair on your map
>>
If anyone cares to actually make a well thought out explanation as to why I am wrong, I will read it with an open mind. All of this "hurdur nostalgia goggles OP is fgt" shit is doing nothing but reinforce just how right I am.
>>
>>560572882

>outting yourself for being this new

Ya done goofed anon
>>
>Thinking it's a bait because you don't have any real arguments against Skyrim.
Go play your unplayable and empty game with nothing but 5x5 textures and unfinished code lines.

>but muh grafik overol and guild kests
>>
>>560558895
Thank you, anon.
I've been saying all this for years now.
>The key demographic of games developers has become fucking toddlers.
>In the old days, you could play a game for 5 years and still learn something new, because the game didn't tell you everything about itself in the fucking tutorial

Game companies are fucking PRICKS.
Once upon a time, games were legendary because they had great mechanics and provided a consistent challenge. Little kids would ALWAYS want to play the hardest, most adult-oriented games.. because they were quality and even little buttfuck kids could see that.
Now, they make all games directly for these little buttfuck kids, who don't care because there's 1,000 games made for them each month. The games suck, the kids don't notice because they all suck, and real gamers are left disappointed every time. They've completely fucked it. Now it's just a giant circlejerk of shit games and they all make money because all games are as shit as each other, it's just a lottery of who gets fooled by what CGI trailer that is barely related to the game.

I went on Steam the other day in a sale, with the intention of wasting some money.
After about 3 hours of reviews and shit, I still couldn't bring myself to so severely waste my money on any of this shittle they push now.
Ended up buying Age of Empires 2...
>>
>>560572957
and the 90's gen was the ones to play it.
hence, le 90's gen
>>
>>560572032
in Daggerfall technically you cold roleplay as linguist specializing in orcish, deadric, nymphic... Not being able to do any quest but hey you could travel around and try to speak with npc's
but then again gameing is supposed to be fun
>>
>>560571732
>at least you tried
>>
what I dislike about the 'you can mod it better' argument is this:
you can mod it graphically years down the line because you should
you can mod in silly stuff after playing through a few times to give yourself a laugh
you can mod in custom quests to add even more on your to-do list

but you shouldn't have to mod in dozens of armor, weapons, and spells that should've been in the game to begin with
you shouldn't have to mod in fixes for game-breaking stuff that should never have let the game be shipped out
you shouldn't have to mod the game to make it in any way playable because the devs were too lazy or too money-hungry to take the time to make their game properly
>>
>>560571567
1/10 troll... or irony?
>>
File: 1376186391181.jpg (207 KB, 960x719) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1376186391181.jpg
207 KB, 960x719
>>560572840
>type up a bunch of euphoric shit
>get told
>get mad
>"i'll just keep telling him how wrong he is
*cough*

>>560573030
So, are you going to point out anything i did to make me look like a newfag or are you going to be le epic trole
>>
>>560558895
I do agree with some of your points.

Games are made for fucking imbeciles today, so any "difficulty" is non-existent.
When you get to choose difficulty, even medium is too easy, and hard really means that your damage is lowered/enemies' is higher.
No fucking depth in that. Enemies don't even require special tactics most of the time.

On the other hand, many things are more polished today.
Like fast exits from dungeons (which are a good thing), better interface and controls...

Now I wonder if I should start playing Dark Souls 2. Is it good?
>>
>>560573009
or you can disable the mark, or even use the mod that changes all quest lines so you don't know where to go?
>>
>>560572840
>get told

you tried
>>
>>560573080
Your whole post screams nostalgia.
>>
>>560573265

The Souls series is top 5 for me. Incredible games.
>>
>>560572840
> It's just a discussion

You've been shitting on everyones responses with your Grand Turbo Autismo responses for the whole thread.
>>
Gonna go buy some jellybeans from my shop.
If this thread is not 404 when i get back i'll shove every jellybean down my dickhole
>>
>Not playing Arena

Stay casual pleb.
>>
File: 1256774092576.jpg (40 KB, 560x432) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1256774092576.jpg
40 KB, 560x432
>>560572882
>dat entire post
>mfw

Holy shit, way to prove my point, Anon. You literally can't find your way around posting on an imageboard. Congratulations, well done.

No wonder Morrowind frustrates you.
>>
>>560573265
Don't expect the dark souls 1 feeling because you've already had it and you're not a casul noob anymore im guessing and know how to play the game.

But its a pretty fun game even though i havent played a lot of it.
>>
>>560558895
UUUUUUUUU look at me I'm so special my generation is best generation, everything was better when i was a kid, we're the last generation that had anything good etc. etc. Grow up faggot. Times change. You suck by staying the same.
>>
>>560573265
Pretty much this.
Its easier than original Dark Souls. But still fairly hard. And a very good game.
>>
so i want to play oblivion again, but with mods
what mods should i get?
>>
>>560573485
>hipping this hard
i don't even believe you
>>
>>560573551
No faggot, you Embrace shit and you like to eat shit. Therefore you are shit.
How is your call of duty clan going shitlord?
>>
>>560558895
Morrowind was good for its time.

Y'know, twelve years ago.

Games change, though, and so do the developers/players. Companies see what was good or bad in their games and adjust the next one accordingly.

Good game mechanics from a decade ago =/= good game mechanics today.
>>
Morrowind still the best
>>
>>560573165
>>560573287

Pist, anon?

>>560573261

I've held your hand enough, you obviously don't even read your own posts

Lurk moar, post less anon, I get you're offendwd or whatever but you're really grasping for straws here bud, youll get no more attention from me

>>560573469

>don't like anons post
> you're autistic maymay

Told me, anon oh no the maymay burns
>>
>>560573265
I like how they gave maces/whips/somethingelseI'mforgetting actual combos instead of one animation
and dual wielding was actually more fun than I thought it would be
>>
>>560573074
As if the shitty storyline, glitches and retarded leveling system werent enough arguments. Get real faggot, skyrim is a nice looking piece of shit, with nice loading screens and autistic "power attacks"
>>
>>560573620
The gore and blood overhall
Well all the overhalls you can
All the weapon mods you can fix.
>>
File: 1374436340625.jpg (46 KB, 470x336) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1374436340625.jpg
46 KB, 470x336
>>560573507
>being called out on liking a game with broken and shit mechanics
>full denial
>ultra denial
>not even countering the points i make in my posts
>calling me a newfag to cover up the fact you can't argue for shizzle

man, you're autistic, fo' rizzle.


>>560573681
See
>>560573816
>>
>>560573816
>Good game mechanics from a decade ago =/= good game mechanics today.

WOW. You just admitted being a fucking casual. Nice job, Anonfag
>>
>>560573164
Nigger, if you don't like roleplaying, maybe you shouldn't be playing RolePlaying Games.
>>
>>560561674
This.
I played without fast travel as long as I could, but thanks to the shitty ass map you end up walking the same paths over and over and over and over.
And yeah, the fact that you go from Riften to Solitude, to find a guy and say "bla bla sent me" he says "ah ok. here u go take this back to bla bla".
Like, thanks for the busywork, cunt. It's not like I have better things to do, I'm only the last of the dragonborn..

Except, no tutorial imo. Tutorials are part of what ruined games. No discovery... just .. press this when this happens, press that when that happens.

The saving grace of Skyrim is very much the mods. I only wish I hadn't rushed to play it before the peak of modding.
I also wish I never began modding it myself... that shit kills the magic.
>>
>>560573681
I say Morrowind is the wors TES. Suck on that faggot.
>>
>>560573272
I dont want to disable the quest marker. I want it to be there. But not until I have actually found out where the fuck the hidden lair is:

>hear rumor about mage and treasure

>ask around about it

>get a tip from old guy in library about a book

>look for book in many libraries, only know the name

>find book, reads about a strange door in an alleyway in Riften

>quest marker appear because you read exactly where the strange door was
>>
>>560573507

So much this, the perfect reaction image
>>
>Oblivion was the most generic pile of uninspired shit I have ever laid eyes on. Skyrim was better, but not by much.

bahahaha
>>
>>560573942
>Actually believing devs care about you and make games better in stead of pandering to the legions of retards
I don't usually pol but, Good Goy!
>>
>>560574018
roleplaying is a means to a purpose
fun session of gameing
not goal to itself
>>
>>560574184
Do you even D&D faggot?
>>
>>560573181
I agree. The moddability itself is an argument in favour of the game and the devs. Especially so because they still haven't shut it down, even when lots of people use Skyrim as their personal porn game in a way that literally makes it popular in Japan.

But arguments like this >>560573272 don't automatically invalidate criticism on the game.
>>
>>560574007
WOW. He just admitted to having a fucking life. Nice job, you autist.

>>560573871
Man, I can smell the euphoria.
So, again, instead of countering my points, you do the exact same thing i do, but you do it in a way that makes you look more autistic than i do.

>>560574183
Literally never said anything about the devs of the game in any of my posts.
By good, he meant what sells more.
>>
>>560560694
>the zelda games
>>
>>560560001
>>You want dungeons that give you a convenient exit when you've reached the end so you don't have to be inconvenienced with backtracking for a few minutes.
>Is a bad thing. You're trying far too hard to be edgy. There's no reason to make people run back in dungeons after it's over. There's no reason not to scale up areas you otherwise wouldn't revisit. Your arguments don't make sense.
>What is immersion?

Without immersion, a game is never going to be any good. If every now and then, a dungeon has an extra exit or two, that's one thing. But when EVERY FUCKING DUNGEON DOES IT, it's not realistic. Caves don't all have secret passages back to the entrance. The temples and crypts might, in case of cave-ins, but then make at least a few of them fucking caved in.

And leveling isn't a bad thing done right, but Morrowind did it right. Most dungeons, a few monsters were leveled, or it added a few more monsters. But some dungeons where going to be next to impossible if you went there to soon (read: If you tried to get the best weapons in the game in the first 3 minutes.), but in Skyrim, that's never an issue. The enemies will always be within your level range, and if you have a halfway decent weapon, you can kill them by doing nothing but blind rushes. There's not challenge to that.
>>
>>560574407
>WOW. He just admitted to having a fucking life. Nice job, you autist.
>He just admitted to having a fucking life.
>to having a fucking life.

Poorest argument ever.
>>
>>560560694
>Yes, there is a reason to make someone backtrack after completing a dungeon. It's to make it feel, oh I don't know, like a fucking dungeon. A good dungeon makes you feel isolated and cut off from the beaten path, and placing an exit right next to the entrance shatters the illusion of being in a place that is actually secluded and dangerous. I shouldn't have to explain this to you. Why is this not common sense?
>Again, this comes back to you wanting convenience and being willing to sacrifice a huge part of what makes the game great in order to get it.

I'm still waiting on someone to make a well thought out argument about this, other than convenience. I am genuinely curious how some people think fast exits add to the experience.
>>
File: Supermarioworld.jpg (77 KB, 256x238) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Supermarioworld.jpg
77 KB, 256x238
Thank you Millennials, for destroying what used to be an incredible series.

You want 3D graphics so you can go anywhere and jump on anything regardless of how long you've been playing.

You want levels that give you a convenient star when you've reached the end so you don't have to be inconvenienced with backtracking for a few minutes.

You want instant gratification in every facet of every fucking game you play, because you're too stupid to realize that a game like Super Mario World is brilliant because it makes you give a little to get something in return. There are no hollow victories.

You want nice graphics to look at, and you don't care if you have to sacrifice the actual art style of the game in order to get it. Super Mario 64 was the most generic pile of uninspired shit I have ever laid eyes on. Luigi's Mansion was better, but not by much.

Developers keep destroying games to make them more "accessible" and it's because cunts like you want immediate results in everything you do in your pathetic lives.
>>
>>560558895
>Oblivion was the most generic pile of uninspired shit I have ever laid eyes on. Skyrim was better, but not by much.

And why is that?
>>
>>560574407
I'm sorry your honestly this stupid. I actually envy you. Living so blindly that you believe most games made in the past 10 years touching anything from 20-15 years ago. But what can I say, you are probably like 14 and never played anything that old anyways.
So maybe you are not stupid. But ignorant. Once again I'm sorry.
>>
Morrowind is fucking Skyrim level compared to Arena
>Super dark dungeons that are very easy to get lost in
>enemies don't go down to your level
>you got all of motherfucking Tamriel to play in
>so many fucking enemies you won't remember all of their names
>tons of spells
>no quest markers
>You don't become a special snowflake till you beat the game
>>
>>560574628
>Without immersion, a game is never going to be any good. If every now and then, a dungeon has an extra exit or two, that's one thing. But when EVERY FUCKING DUNGEON DOES IT, it's not realistic. Caves don't all have secret passages back to the entrance. The temples and crypts might, in case of cave-ins, but then make at least a few of them fucking caved in.

Aye and my problem with it is mainly that it's done in such a lazy way. A sliding rock door that can only be opened from one side, or a balcony that can only be reached from inside the dungeon. If they put effort into the exits and made them somewhat cool, I would have less of a problem with them.
>>
>>560558895
Completely agree OP. Morrowind was fucking awesome. You know they are doing like halo remastered . I would seriously enjoy a morrowind remastered
>>
>>560574757
there was always fast exist only in different form

you enter dungeon, drop anchor for teleport spell, do your thing, cast recall for teleport spell, bam you are at the exit
>>
>>560574757
Well, overall I disagree with them, but I also hate generic dungeons and just being trapped in them, with the dinghy lighting and nothing good to look at. So, when I reach the end of a particularly grueling one, sometimes I'm quite glad I can gtfo quickly.
Plus, they're mostly verrrry linear. I estimate about 70% of Skyrim's underground areas have nothing of interest to find on a second visit/backtrack. Of course, if they made more quality caves this wouldn't be an issue and I'd still prefer no quick exits....
>>
>>560574697

There's supposed to be some people working on a "restoration" type project for Morrowind with updated graphics and shit

Here's hoping they do it right
>>
>>560573816
Nah, Morrowind is rough around the edges, I'll give you that. Modern games receive a lot more polish than games used to get. But you're ignoring the effect of the expanding market.

And good mechanics are literally that: Good mechanical rules that change very little with technology. There isn't some upward path to ever-better mechanics.

>>560573942
>broken and shit mechanics
>called out

I've already explained ad nauseum how these mechanics work, and how you can prevent that which you claim makes the game suck. If you can not see how this game works when I'm holding your hand, you are being wilfully obtuse.

>autism
Yeah, says the dude who can not imagine people enjoying something he doesn't. And I do mean that a lack of empathy is one of the biggest markers of autism.

Honestly, though, if you want to talk about this shit without calling each other retarded, I will. What is it about Morrowind's mechanics that bothers you so much?
>>
>>560575034
>>you got all of motherfucking Tamriel to play in
False argument. The scale isn't the same as in the next games. And it's far less detailled, and theres far less lore than just in Daggerfall. And both are very very generic.
>>
>>560560001
Scaled enemies is fucking stupid. What's the point of leveling up then? I mean when I get to level 25 I want to feel it. Not have to hide because every bandit and common thief is rocking full deadric armor.
>>
>>560574757

Ok maybe an counterpoint:

If running back through the entire dungeon/cave doesn't make you feel anymore immersed in the game and exits at the end don't make you feel any less immersed, i.e neither one bothers you whatsoever isn't the fast exit the most obvious choice?

I really don't think there's any other argument to put forward other than immersion and convenience.
>>
I am Nerevar, ask me anything.
>>
>>560575337
I don't think you ever played Daggerfall
>>
>>560575445
Who the fuck actually killed you?
>>
>>560575265
OpenMW: Morrowind engine remade from scratch.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhdSOGlHjqc

Skywind: Morrowind remade in Skyrim's engine.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e4Ka-ajbSs
>>
>>560575034
See this shit. See this faggot who thinks exactly as you do with morrowind?

It's nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>560560516
This.
>>
im a newfag when it comes to ES games, skyrim being my first. on my ps3 it kept freezing so I stopped playing then I finally got it on my pc. its a way better experience. I dont mod, not that I have anything against it. so far I like skyrim from everything I hear its a good introducer to the ES series
>>
>>560575694

You use that phrase, but I'm pretty sure you don't know what it means

I never played Daggerfall, but I'm honestly going to assume he's right
>>
>>560575694
Nope its nope, when there are solid arguments behind.

>get a life
>its nostalgia
>it was perhaps good before, but now isn't
Top shit.
>>
Bump, sir. Bump.
>>
>>560575079
I know Bethlovers will want my head on a pike for saying it but, Bethesda just are lazy and a bit shit. At least, these days.
As someone fairly deep in the modding scene of Skyrim from day 1, I have seen sooooo many mods that should not have been needed... I wish for the next ES they would just focus on making a 10/10 engine, quests and characters. Modders will have to take care of everything else regardless, so at least 10/10 the few things which modding can't really fix (the things I said).
>>
>>560575812

Skyrim is a good game if you're just getting used to keyboard/mouse

Sort of a Mavis Beacon of the gaming world
>>
>>560575812
You need to play morrowibble. Just get a overhaul on graphics. And you will be set.
>>
>>560575812
Each of the big three has their own strengths.
>>
>>560575337
actually Arena felt less generic than Daggerfal. It at least tries to guide you a bit with those visions you had. And dungeons were hard but less annoying
Daggerfall just kicks you in the ass and says go there and investigate, which translates to grind until game decides you lvled enough to give you a main quest hint
>>
>>560575991

100% agree with this, they can't do shit anymore

Put in your generic dialog, fix the engine and give it to the modding community because it seems to be the only way we'll see a decent Bethesda game again

Heard ESO was going good tho, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 500x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 500x281
Dark Souls anybody?

Pic related if you play CoD still
>>
>>560560680
Because it's the only game you ever need to play? Becasue its fucking awesome?
>>
>>560575991

They're just uninspired megadevs now. They've tasted success and are no longer hungry.
>>
>>560573470
Returned already?
>>
>>560575991
more voice actors too, jeez
>>
>>560576042
I really want to do this but, won't it have hardcoded limitations even worse than Oblivion? I spent like a month trying to give it playable graphics but in the end the ultra-shit grass draw distance, with the visibly loading grids 9ft ahead... those shits defeated me.

>>560576205
Not even remotely interested. Sounds like WoW with vaguely ES-related content. Saw screenshots, looked awful. Over-styled armors and disgusting glowing weapons.
I fully expect a generic MMO experience from that.
Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 57
Thread DB ID: 7934



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.