[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was here last night about taking my A+ exam and I passed. I

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: CompTIA A+.png (62KB, 800x481px) Image search: [Google]
CompTIA A+.png
62KB, 800x481px
I was here last night about taking my A+ exam and I passed. I promised i'd get back to you and I did.
Score was a 731
>>
>>547777551
Get a real IT cert, you slut.
>>
>>547777857
I'm getting there, only 17!
>>
>>547777551

>tfw I took it in 2008 and don't have to renew my cert every couple of years
>>
>>547778158
It's okay, I don't have to retake the test. I can do 10 hours of training. Or if I choose to take security+ or net+ it will renew my A+
>>
>>547777551
Is there any benefit to this cert? I took the practice test about a year ago and only missed 1. Still congrats OP
>>
>>547778007
If you seek to be The Tech That Was Promised, I pray your next will be IT sec. stuff so you can resurrect lulzsec
>>
>>547778423
thanks, it's just a general knowledge test and can help you get a job at a few places. Just kind of looks good over all
>>
>731
>>
>>547777551
Got mine also for free, only 18. Going for my network and security this year.
>>
>>547779351
Good job, any idea what's on them? Is it as the name of them says? Or is it more? Also, what would they help me do, what doors would it open, etc.
>>
>>547779778
Entry level tech support and hardware support
>>
>>547780431
On the Net and Security+?
>>
>>547780431
Nah sorry A+ is for that. Entry level net and security are much more profitable than entry level tech support bullshit. I've been doing tech support for like ten years and just relocated to do so for a major IT company and I'm only at 60k / yr now. Sucks. Do better than me.
>>
>>547778007
I got my CCNA when I was 16, back when it was a single test.
>>
>>547780891
You're making that much money with what sort of certifications? Just standard ones? Or are you saying the Net+ and Sec+ will make more than that?
>>
>>547781112
How has that helped you? Just trying to find out what certifications can do for someone at an early age.
>>
>>547781124
A+, ITIL Foundations, undergrad IT degree. Not CompTIA certs, but like Cisco network and security certs would be better for your future.
>>
>>547781314
Get RHCSA, then RHCE. Those certs are worth it, and will open doors (Junior linux sysadmin positions). The demand for sysadmins is fucking crazy all over the world... look it up. Also, it would help to learn a few configuration management solutions (puppet, chef, and salt).
>>
>>547778158

>tfw I have my A+ Net+ and Sec+ and never have to renew.

>tfw they are all worthless because I have a CCNP, CCDP, and CISSP
>>
>>547777551
I'm off to bed, thanks everyone. If anyone else could post some helpful tips on what to take next, that'd be great. Also, i'm certainly more interested in Hardware than networking or software. However I wouldn't mind learning more about them or getting a cert for them if it was worth it. Night guys
>>
>>547782239

So you basically want to make $10/hr the rest of your life
>>
>>547782239
You'll need more than hardware knowledge to make it, in the real world. Unless you want to work as repair man at best buy.
>>
I see all these newfags brag about their A+ and they're still loser techs making minimum wage. Congrats for getting the equivalent of your high school diploma. Focus on Microsoft certs if you want bank. One test to get MCP and the new MCSE will get you work ten times easier than any CompTIA cert.
>>
>>547782841
Haha, are you really dissing newfags with your M$ certs? Fucking hilarious.
>>
>>547782841
>>547783089
I think we can all agree that CompTIA is simply NOT the path to take.
>>
>>547783215
Absolutely.
>>
>>547783215
Actually if you want a job with the DoD it is required to get a Sec+.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.