[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iron Shirt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: iron shirt.jpg (6KB, 295x171px) Image search: [Google]
iron shirt.jpg
6KB, 295x171px
So is the "Iron Shirt" training a bunch of Chinese bullshit? Or is there actually something to this? Google seems to have a distinct lack of skepticism.

Obviously there's some truth to mentally conditioning yourself to pain. And that Qigong stuff is bullshit. But I've read some "scientific" explanations that claim you genuinely condition your body to become more durable that normal.

1) Wolff's law suggests routine stress on bones will increase bone density.

2) I've had Astym therapy prescribed by legitimate doctors. The idea is micro-abrasion stimulates healing in excess to the damage caused, thus producing more tissue and stronger joints.

3) I read on some dubious website that bruising yourself repeatedly would inrease the blood cell proliferation in your muscle, stimulating "more densely packed muscle growth". Is that complete bullshit?

If there is any truth to this, exactly how much of a difference would this make?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB7gnB31NnI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a86cQobU-n4
>>
>>895914

If neither of those links is Penn and Teller's Bullshit! season 1 episode 9 where they show how to do all the iron shirt magic tricks, you're not telling the whole story.

OP, you can build calluses. You can strengthen your bones a bit by loading them, but not by whacking them on things. You can get tougher by taking hits, sure.

You can't do Chinese magic that's going to make you so tough you won't even need to defend yourself though. If a strong dude hits you it's going to hurt, and that is never going to change.

You also definitely can't bruise yourself stronger.

Just join a boxing gym, lift some weights, spar regularly, and don't skimp on your roadwork. You'll get as tough as you need to be. Or waste years chasing ching chong magic. Your choice.
>>
>>895914
Basically,

>you can develop pain tolerance by taking pain
>Wolff's Law: Taking hits creates microfractures, and they heal back stronger

Also, as the title suggests, he held (maybe he still holds it) the world record for strongest kick to the balls.
>>
/ thread
>>
>>895942
Thinks he knows things, but he's just emotional and isn't objective enough.

OP, you can create micrfractures multiple ways, but you get better and more even fractures by loading.

Whacking your bones focuses the fractures on only the exposed areas of your bones, making the strengthening uneven.

The front of Muay Thai practitioner's shines are stronger than the backs, because of how much more fractures kicking things with their shins creates more than the loading in their training.
>>
>>895942
Fuck off with your pseudo-intellectual meme bullshit, you fuckhead.
You don't know shit, and you can go fuck yourself.
You're spreading bullshit and you don't even know it.
You think you're getting rid of bullshit, but you're just spreading half-truths with more bullshit, which is fucking stupid.
Fuck you, you huge mother fucking faggot.
>>
>>895967
and is that a bad thing?
>>
>>895791
Yes this works
>>
>>895791
Qi gung was actually at the center of alot of Japanese jujutsu systems, The yoshin ryu for instance spread all over japan and formed the basis of one of the two styles kano studied. I even own an old judo book that describes basic qi gung exercises. Its not a magic bullet, but there are still some guys who are incredibly stable and strong for their size. (which is not the same as fighting, but its is a good thing to have) in both Chinese and a few Japanese traditions
>>
File: b68.jpg (64KB, 600x904px) Image search: [Google]
b68.jpg
64KB, 600x904px
>>895979

I'm sorry I insulted your sifu's magic.

>>895967

And someone got together a significant number of muay thai practitioners and measured the strength of the backs of their shins?
>>
>>895791

The body will always adapt along imposed demands.
>>
>>895914
That blow to the neck... that's all soft tissue. No bone hardening could have protected him from that, and as the show mentions, doesn't that kill people? That's pretty convincing.

>>895791
My follow up question is whether this is the kind of thing you normally develop through conditioning and routine fighting, or whether you have to train specifically for it.
>>
>>895791
What is this?
>>
>>897378
>That's pretty convincing.

It should convince you that you are being misled in one or more ways.
>>
>>897443
How would you explain 600lbs to the neck then?
>>
File: nottheneck.png (493KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
nottheneck.png
493KB, 848x480px
>>897957

This?

1. 600 lbs was an anally extracted number.

2. Watch the slow-mo. Forearm hits chest before hand hits neck. Any of us could take a forearm smash across the chest from that guy.
>>
>>895942
>Just join a boxing gym, lift some weights, spar regularly, and don't skimp on your roadwork. You'll get as tough as you need to be. Or waste years chasing ching chong magic. Your choice.

Lmao.

Pretty much.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.