[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gear Thread: Dillashaw is kill edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: WIN_20160119_064958.jpg (84KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160119_064958.jpg
84KB, 640x480px
>Check catalog
>No gear thread
Let's change that. Post your gear/supplements/etc., shoot the shit, ask questions, make fun of Everlast.
>>
>>890435
I also take the bcaa you have. I no longer take the Protien shakes tho. I just created a new meal plan that requires no proton shakes.
>>
File: gear.jpg (4MB, 6242x2262px) Image search: [Google]
gear.jpg
4MB, 6242x2262px
Locksport:
>pic related is my main kit
>I have my first kit in storage
>some other self-crafted kicks (in storage)
>some assorted Peterson picks (in storage)
>some assorted thin Peterson picks (in storage)

Parkour (don't feel like raiding laundry machine to get my clothes to take a picture):
>I have a pair of sweat pants 1 size too big
>a technical fabric t-shirt
>a light technical fabric zip-neck sweater

In Storage:
>2 6ft bo staffs
>a pair of round nunchucks which are tapered a bit larger on the ends furthest from the chain

I don't Skate Board Anymore But (in storage):
>a blackout deck with green thunder trucks, don't recall the wheels
>a cruising longboard in which the deck is shaped like an arrowhead, I don't know what that style is called, with alpine trucks, don't recall the wheels
>my first deck, broken in half by a fat guy, forgot what the brand was, but I think you could only get it locally, don't remember what the trucks or wheels were

I Stopped Doing Airsoft A Long Time Ago:
>my gear was pretty shitty anyway, and I have no idea about where it is
>>
>>890435
>>890756
>Everlast, UFC
Baby's first martial art.
>>
Too lazy to take a picture plus some shit is at the gym
>Boon 16oz gloves for pads + wraps with thick ass Velcro strap
>Title platinum shin guards + Fighting 16oz gloves for sparring
>shock doctor top & bottom mouth guard
>tons of little Thai shorts
>tonfa, bokken, bo from when I did karate as a kid

>>890756
>>890435
If you're actually training you ought to invest in some higher quality gear, it'll last longer than the crap you buy in a sports authority/big 5
>>
>>890435
I have a set of two rattan sticks.
I don't need more.
>>
>Implying everlast isn't the top brand

I love you edgy cunts. You buy unknown brands because you think it's cool to have someone say "wow what k8nd of gloves are thoughs"

Everlast has been around since 1910 and has been used by professionals since. The company was recently rated number one in mma gear five mother fucking times!
>>
>>891096
>>891270
Agreed, the Everlast gloves are shit (can't speak for their more expensive products yet) so I got a pair of their Muay Thai gloves and shin guards in the mail. As for my Combat Sports gloves they're pretty decent. I ordered the red pair pictured and one of the gloves came almost ripped in half somehow so CS sent me the blue pair for free. They broke in nicely and have lasted almost a year with no problems but I may opt for something a little nicer soon.
>>
>>890756
>>891096
My gear is just for when I find the occasional faggot to spar with, or for when I decide to travel to visit my friends who I spar with.
>>
>>891274
>an actual Everlast shill
Wew
>>
Is it time to retire?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>892719
>>
>>891274
And yet top level boxers use Cletos or Grants.

Top end Everlast equipment is great. $30-40 stuff is toy garbage.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Am i doing it right?
>>
Looking to get hand wraps. Few questions:
What do I look for in hand wraps?
What are some recommended wraps?
>>
>>897435
Depends on the sport
I use 180' wraps with a little elasticity
Look for wraps that have a thick Velcro strap and are comfortable, try a few if you can before you buy them
>>
>>890756
I was at a sports store the other day, some chain store, and I saw a pair of UFC gloves ("competition grade") like those for $50.
That was ridiculous, they were $30 at some other chain store a in a different city.
>>
>>890435
>>890756
>>892721
>>892756
So, only 3 people on /asp/ have gear?
>>
>>897435
>What do I look for in hand wraps?
You're gonna want 180 inch wraps unless you literally have baby hands, about 90% of people prefer elastic (Mexican) over traditional non-stretch, and you want a good velcro strap and thumb loop or they'll rip apart at the ends.
>What are some recommended wraps?
What I just described from any of the decent boxing/mma brands. My personal favorite are the hayabusa perfect stretch. Always, under all circumstances avoid those weird elastic neoprene, thin gel undergloves things that are sold as 'handwraps'
>>
I need to buy a mouth guard for MMA. I know nothing about mouth guards. Help me out /asp/.
>>
>>900309
Oh, and a cup too.
>>
Does anyone own the high compression Cleto handwraps? I was thinking of getting them since I've heard they're quite stretchy.
>>
>>900309
>>900315
If you're not going to quit any time soon, there's no use in buying something cheap.
Get yourself a custom mouth guard.
>>
>>900507
thats true makes a big difference.
>>
>>900507
Where can I get them? I asked my local university, but they only do it for students.
>>
>>901314
Shock doctor and brain pad make good ones.
>>
>>901492
Fuuuuuck. Just looked up the price of customs, I can't afford that right now. What's a decent "good enough" guard I can get for now?
And what about cups?
>>
>>901631
>What's a decent "good enough" guard I can get for now?
Brain pad and shock doctor are the go to for me and I believe you can one fairly cheap there too. If you want something real cheap go for the TapouT mouth guards, they're like $8 a piece. You cal also get decent cups from shock doctor for under $20 but underwear to go with it are pricey.
>>
>>901631
I have a $30 shock doctor and I love it. If I actually end up going pro (highly unlikely, too old and bad) I might buy a custom one.

I'm a pretty big Title whore so I'm just going to link you here.

http://www.titleboxing.com/protection
>>
Hey /asp/ I'm about to transition to Muay Thai from boxing, and I wanna know what gloves and shin pads you guys would recommend. I'm leaning towards the Everlast Muay Thai gear because I'm familiar with the brand but I'm sure there's something better out there.
>>
>>901907
From what I understand, Boon Sports, Booster, Fairtex, and Seven are all good Muay Thai brands.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.