[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All of your combat knowledge is wiped clean from your brain.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: LMFAOlin.png (213KB, 539x601px) Image search: [Google]
LMFAOlin.png
213KB, 539x601px
All of your combat knowledge is wiped clean from your brain. You now have a choice between knowing all of Chinese, Japanese, or Korean martial arts.

What do you choose and why? MMA, grapplebros, and boxingfags, this applies to you too, I'm curious of what you guys would pick.
>>
>>879213

Did you find a new gym?
>>
File: the POP.jpg (55KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
the POP.jpg
55KB, 642x361px
>>879213
Wrasslin.
>>
Fuck you Fats, where have you been you homo?

Also

Judo
Wrestling
Boxing
Muay thai
>>
If I had no knowledge of marital arts, how would I chose?

Would I remember that I enjoyed practicing other martial arts, but not remember how to do them?
>>
Taiwaneese
>>
>>879213
So, when you mean knowing all of the martial arts, do you mean we also get the knowledge of how to apply it all properly as if we were practiced in it and separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak, in regards to things that are done for form and what is actual practical fighting application that is most often buried in modern interpretations of old systems?

If so then chinese, no contest. There's a lot of practical stuff about chinese martial arts that's more often than not lost in the shuffle or just not trained in properly and knowing all of the like thousands of styles in such a way that I can produce a synthesized practical application of it all would be huge. All 3 would still lack in modern-type groundfighting, though.
>>
File: nigs.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
nigs.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>879220

I've been moving around a shitload, I haven't been in one place for long enough to pick a gym but hopefuly thatll change soon. Also currently broke as fuck.

>>879227

Sorry, no internet at my old place. I'm posting this from my laptop in my car with some asshole's unsecured wifi. Glad you're still here, Poo. Anyone other namefags flee from the rasslers?

>>879229
>>879232

You're overthinking this. Yeah I guess that's the way to describe it though. Some Matrix-style machine sucked all the fighting out of your head and there are 3 flash drives entitled "Japanese MA", "Chinese MA" and "Korean MA" and Morpheus says you can only pick one.
>>
>>879260
"knowing" is a very ample term, especially in something like traditional martial arts where there's often a bloat of, for fighting, useless content and a separation between form and actual practical function. Just look at any retarded, overblown bunkai.
>>
File: 184rwjrykknrljpg.jpg (191KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
184rwjrykknrljpg.jpg
191KB, 960x540px
>>879282

That's kind of part of the question. having a complete mastrey of all CMA would add a lot of impractical shit to your repertoire, but you don't have to use it. Like technically I know almost every technique in Muay Thai but there's no way I could beat a legit Thai boxer.

Same with some karate styles. The punches and blocks are simple enough to learn but my teacher could use only white belt techniques and destroy me even if I'm using everything I know.

For the purposes of this discussion, let's say your MA knowledge is wiped clean and you can chose from having 10,000 hours of experience in TKD, Karate, or Shaouling kungfu. Is that better?
>>
>>879382

Wow I meant Shaolin, I have no idea how I massacred that word so badly
>>
>>879260
Hey fats

>Korean
>striking , kyo-tooki and much superior TKD
>Grappling - hapkido and judo (korean judo is a thing, called yudo), not to mention sserium and takeyon

Yeah, korean has
>>
>>879400
>muay thai with a korean name slapped on, modification of karate, modification of Daito-Ryu Aiki Jujutsu, Judo is just actual japanese judo installed during the ocupation

I'll give you ssireum and taekkyeon.
>>
>>879400
Yea nah.
Taekkyon is fucked man it's more of a folk dance than a fighting style.

Never heard of sserium so whatever, and what the other anon said, Judo/Yudo motherfuckin Yoda count it does not.

So yea, not Korean IMO
>>
>>879547
I was more making fun of the given choices for Korean Martial Arts being 3 ripoffs of japanese martial arts and one ripoff of muay thai, but Taekkyon and Ssireum are legitimately korean. Ssireum is their folk wrestling style, very similar to sumo except they can actually take a knee and the objective is to bring any part of the opponent's body over the knee to the floor. There's no ringouts and the competitors start the match already grabbing the other guy's belt so there's no initial charge or open hand blows.
>>
>>879213
I was always more interesting in Japanese stuff, and my early reading lead me to thinking of the Japanese stuff as more effective. I never took a second look at CMA until much later, and decided they still have some interesting stuff under the layers of rust
>>
>>879213
>All of your combat knowledge is wiped clean from your brain. You now have a choice between knowing all of Chinese, Japanese, or Korean martial arts.
Does this 'erase' all of the training I've done as well? I don't still have any so called 'muscle memory' nor any residual effects of my training at all. My fitness? The muscular and cardiovascular benefits? What I'm getting at is, knowing all of those arts and being properly trained in and utilizing them are two different things. It won't mean shit if I 'know' all those arts but don't have the training or capability to use them
>>
>>879260
Wu left, and now some shitty troll is posing as him. I think TKDbrah and Cambo left. No idea where puro is.
What are you currently training
>>
>>879213

Japanese martial arts hands down.

If you "knew" Judo, Karate, Kendo, BoJutsu.. on a Master level you would already be almost superhuman.
>>
>>880401
I'm not seeing how all that is any different from "knowing", at a master level, the myriad of chinese styles with effective striking, grappling and weapons curriculum. If we're working on it being a real mastery level then it means you're not getting bogged down with the useless shit and are essentially a stupendous Sanshou fighter that can also do joint locks and all of China's weapons curriculums.
>>
Chinese, because Sanda etc.
>>
>>880401
>>880775
Really the only bad choice here is Korean martial arts. Anything taught there can be learned in superior form in either chinese or japanese martial arts, both of which also have a larger selection of martial arts to boot.
>>
>>879213
Japland has kyokushin, judo and shoot wrestling and other ligament snapping styles so that's the clear winrar
>>
>>879213
Japanese.

Because if I lose my kickboxing and wrestling then I at least get Kyokushin (and Enshin and Ashihara), Judo, JJ, and Sumo.
>>
>>879213
Most of the martial arts I know is stuff ripped off from Japaneses arts anyway (aka Korean martial arts).

Might as well get it from the source.
I chose Japanese.
>>
>>879232
I don't think it really matters, instant expertise on dozens of martial arts would by itself take you to the peak of your technical potential, so you could pick up any and the end result would be pretty much the same.
>>
>>879213
I choose the Philippines.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.