[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/asp/ lets start a thread about tactics, methods and techniq

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: Howtopunch.jpg (40KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
Howtopunch.jpg
40KB, 333x499px
/asp/ lets start a thread about tactics, methods and techniques that you use in your trainings/sparring

I'll start, its about shifting stances in boxing, explained with GGG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vijD09_O8ek
>>
>>876623
I've actually been working on this. I've actuall seen it a lot of places. One of our best Thai Boxers was having us do drills with this. I saw Phil Norman heavily uses this in his "Ghost" system. I also noticed Lyoto Machida showing it in his Karate videos.

I like it.
>>
What you're guna want to do is punch them very hard while trying to not get punched yourself
>>
>>876623
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58WvLbXwY-M
>>
>>876623

Interesting, I like the video, even though I'm not a boxer..

Other styles allowed here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgkNZeoVSG0
>>
>>878482
BJJ Scout videos are pretty good
>>
Anons please tell me about peekaboo stance

How are my feet supposed to be? should I be squared? or should I just be neutral, how high should I have my guards? above the nose? slightly below the nose? lastly how do I weave with this stance? by knees or by the waist?
>>
Strategy:
>stay out just out of standing kicking range (non jump or step kicks)
>build up leg kick damage
>avoid getting taken down
>avoid ground game
>do a trip or throw if the opening is good
>maybe use a takedown if the opening is good
>parry punches more than blocking them to test opponent's forearm sensitivity and add up damage which is a distraction to opponents with sensitive forearms

Tactics:
>use punches to set up kicks
>use fakes and faints to set up kicks
>turn a missed kick into a back kick or turning kick
>downwards parry to low step jab with the same arm (relatively recently added tactic)
>>
>>876634
Though he fights MMAx if it was Lyoto, known for a Shotokan based sure it wasn't tai sabaki. It's pretty neat in karate
>>
>>876656
Hit without hitting
>Ikken Hissatsu, Kai!
>>
>>876623
>shifting stances
I haven't really thought about this as a strategy or tactic.
>>
Links on the book?
>>
>>880938
That's the default strategy and tactics, anyway.
Using kicks to switch stances is a default for me, I don't relly deviate from that.

I also forgot to add
>use hooks to switch stances
In Boxing, anyway, but Boxing isn't really my focus.

>forgot to add: fake kick to change stances

Besides that, I alter my defaults based on what I know about my opponent, and what I learn during combat.

Sometimes, I do things just for shits and giggles like throwing a plethora of high-risk high-reward kicks, chain punch, capoeira ginga.
>>
>>881018
You can't be serious, that's the most basic one.
>>
>>881322
That's the thing. It's so basic, it doesn't seem like it qualifies as a tactic.
>>
>>881322
>The most basic one

Anyone who hadn't specifically trained off hand / "Goofy" would just become a target to any seasoned boxer, throwing sloppy right handed jabs and weak lefts.

For someone to be able to use this effectively against high level boxers would actually make it a considerably advanced technique.

Not to mention fighting goofy would be really awkward if you weren't considerably proficient at it, which would take a lot of extra training time.
>>
>>880938
This relies to much on kicks and the opponent not being good at boxing or setting up takedowns.

If they are good at boxing you can't parry their punches and they won't have weak forearms, and the basic kicking strategy relies on having greater range then your opponent, or else you just set yourself up as a target for leg kicks.

And if you ever get into 'punching range' for anything a hair longer than an instant then you are a target for a takedown, so again, forget 'parrying' punches.

From what you've written it seems you need to focus on groundwork, takedowns and boxing to improve, but even what i've said is fairly general knowledge.
>>
>>881451
>This relies to much on kicks
for you

>and the opponent not being good at boxing
How so?

>or setting up takedowns
wut

>If they are good at boxing you can't parry their punches
False.
It only requires some combination of timing, reaction time, and reflexes.
One of the more recent examples of good timing is McGregor vs Aldo.
McGregor timed his punch well enough to punch Aldo before he punched McGregor.
McGregor had more time to work with if he were to parry the punch.

>and the basic kicking strategy relies on having greater range then your opponent
Did you read the "fakes and feints" part?
There's also this thing called timing, and countering.

>or else you just set yourself up as a target for leg kicks
There're these things called checking kicks, pivoting, moving backwards, and other combinations of those things.

>And if you ever get into 'punching range' for anything a hair longer than an instant then you are a target for a takedown, so again, forget 'parrying' punches.
Not every fighter is primarily a grappler. A parry can be done simultaneously with pivoting or stepping back, a parry can also be dome simultaneously with a punch or a kick.

>From what you've written it seems you need to focus on groundwork, takedowns and boxing to improve, but even what i've said is fairly general knowledge.
Someone fighting differently than you doesn't mean they're fighting the wrong way.
>>
>>881451
>>881534
>Not every fighter is primarily a grappler. A parry can be done simultaneously with pivoting or stepping back, a parry can also be dome simultaneously with a punch or a kick.
There's also this thing called sprawling.
>>
Is it more important to choose a basic stance and learn how to fight out of it, rather than going with something that feels more natural(while closing off major gaps) and have your defense/offense trained around it?

Also what do you guys think about tall fighters fighting in smaller weight classes? I'm 6'1.5 starting MMA and there's no way in hell that I want to fight heavy and get my shit slapped by guys who walk around at like 220.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26HwQHCCzYs
>>
>>881537
I can do a billion shitty things to you if you straight sprawl on me every time you shoot. How fast do you think your sprawl is going be compared to a good wrestler's shot?
>>
File: 1428896421890.png (231KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1428896421890.png
231KB, 850x1200px
>>881924
If you don't fight in some sort of natural way your going to suck. Stances are tools to be added to your style, useful platforms off which to properly utilize your legs and feet and add 'power' to your moves as well as how you learn to change positions
>Also what do you guys think about tall fighters fighting in smaller weight classes? I'm 6'1.5 starting MMA and there's no way in hell that I want to fight heavy and get my shit slapped by guys who walk around at like 220.
Your choice. Either fight small or quit being a pussy. If your not fighting at a 'natural' weight and either have to put some weight on or take some off, it might be harder
>>
>>882068
Thanks for the answer m8. I'm naturally lean sitting at 165-170lbs around 12% BF so I'd be cutting to 155 instead of going up to ensure the size advantage.
>>
>>882120
No prob. Cuts just 10 lbs or so, you can pull off, do it. Good luck, give it your all and pull some wins.
>>
Any specific drills for foot work?
>>
Strategy:
>kick
>punch, punch
>takedown

Tactics:
>kick
>punch
>takedown
>>
>>884341
Boxing slips, bobs&weaves, form/stamce practice, tai sabaki, tire drills run
>>
>>886299
>Anon wants to improve footworks
>Some jabroni gives him drills that don't involve his feet moving

Everytime. Never change /asp/
>>
>>884341
>partner throws a Karate snap roundhouse kick
>you back up

>parter throws a front snap kick
>you side step

>reapeat
>>
>>886574
You dumb shit, literally every one of those drills involves foot movement and foot placement. They're all footwork drills.
>>
Anons when I weave is my feet supposed to be grounded on the ground or should I move them?
>>
>>889362
Some weaves should have grounded feet, others should not have grounded feet.
>>
Tactic: Break the wrist.

Strategy: Walk away.
>>
>>890298
decent
>>
How many anons are actually training to compete in boxing?
>>
>>891994
I thought this was a martial arts strategy thread with a slightly misleading image.
>>
>>888645
>they hit
>you dodge
Epic, anon
>>
I don't always use the same mechanics in my jabs.
Sometimes I throw my shoulder in to it,
other times I just use my pectoral muscles as the main force generator.
Sometimes, for jabs below the chest, I throw my jab more like an uppercut, having my arm 90 degrees at my side before throwing the punch, rather than punching at a downward angle and bending my knees to lower myself.

Some people say I think outside the "Box."
>>
File: master-ken.png (312KB, 622x339px) Image search: [Google]
master-ken.png
312KB, 622x339px
>>890298
YES SIR, MASTER KEN
>>
File: image.jpg (252KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252KB, 1500x1125px
>>882068
>having one or two dynamite combos
Pic related

Being good with two jabs and a cross has saved my bacon when I bounce for some extra cash. Only downside is that I can't strike first unless he hits me. If the perp hits someone else I have to break it up and can't hit. But if some lays their hands on me, I can use "necessary force" to remove the threat.
>>
>>893687
Sounds like a pretty fun job. What are the chances of a skinny 18 year old getting a job as a bouncer?
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 679x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 679x1024px
>>893695
It's a shitty life to dive into but I don't drink and I have Thursday through Sunday off of college.
I live in Wisconsin so it's easy to find any work dealing with alcohol. I would recommend the following:

>LIFT OR JOIN A SPORT CLUB
I did rugby
You will have opportunities to socialize, network, and improve yourself
>KNOW WHERE TO ASK
Call music venues standing around backstage with I, Prevail was the tits
Bars always need a helping hand and some times A single owner owes a couple bars so you can meet different 'regulars'
>don't stop improving
Mainly this means to start eating well, getting out of the basement more, and finding a hobby worthy enough that you want to instagrim it.

>pro tip: OWN IT. This means if you aren't letting anyone who doesn't fit a demographic in, then it has to be YOUR choice. Sure you can point to a sign that says "No niggers allowed" but you then have to convey the message as law. My favorite line is: "I don't get paid to care about your feelings" never let them see the manager and never give them info about who to call.

Btw I'm only 180@5 foot 9 inches and I've fucked up three wiggers.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.