[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learning Combat Sambo from videos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: rukopashnyy02-700x600.jpg (131KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
rukopashnyy02-700x600.jpg
131KB, 700x600px
Hey /asp/ I really would like to learn Combat Sambo but sadly there are not gyms in my city I was wondering if I should invest in some CD's or if I should just do Krav Maga courses instead. I'm just looking to learn something that would make me a better fighter, and want to avoid the fuckload of Olympic Judo, Taekwondo and Karate bullshit.
>>
>>858068
sambo and judo are closely related
so take judo if you are interested in sambo
>>
>>858068
how are you going to practice the moves without a training partner?
>>
You're just too stupid to learn by yourself.
Don't reproduce, you'll pass on your stupid genes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v-IMSKOtoE

http://www.apa.org/monitor/oct05/mirror.aspx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_neuron

http://www.bettermovement.org/2010/moving-better-by-just-thinking-about-it/

http://www.bettermovement.org/2010/mirror-neurons-can-you-get-better-at-sports-by-just-watching/
>>
>>858068
90% of sambo is judo and wrestling.

Don't be a fag. How the fuck are you going to learn to grapple without grappling someone.
>>
>>858328
i thought sambo was a lot like krav maga, so it didn't really do stuff like judo and wrestling since those are sports but stuff that worked in the streets.
>>
>>858330
Sports work on the street, mainly because you develop the reflexes and reaction time for combat.
The stuff like balls kicking, biting, trachea attacks, and spine attacks, are good things to have reflexes for while in the streets, though.
>>
>>858330
All that 2deadly4sports shit is nonsense. You get good at fighting through practice of technique and training of application. You train to apply your techniques through sparring/competition/fighting/whatever you would like to call it. Combat sports Excell at both. 2deadly2spar fags have never used their techniques on a resisting opponent.

Don't get conned out of your money.
>>
>>858330
Also to add, krav maga is by and large bad kickboxing with the addition of commando LARP. Don't bother.
>>
>>858332
>>858334
but grappling seems like the last thing you want to do against a swarm of people. you can't see the other guy coming.

why do people give sambo a slide in terms of being good for street defense but krav maga shit they're both military styles trained for elite units.
>>
>>858334
>You train to apply your techniques through sparring/competition/fighting/whatever you would like to call it.
>drills don't develop reflexes
>Western Boxing is just a bunch of exercise and dancing
>>
>>858337
if you train and a shitty gym or think cardio kick boxing actually applies to real life.
>>
>>858336
Grappling is the last thing you want to do when fighting against a herd of people.

Krav Maga has a bad name because of all the bad training that's passable.

It's about how it's taught, not the art.
>>
>>858339
Drills, or "dancing" as you might call it, develop reflexes.
Sparring develops reaction time to apply those reflexes.

Competition helps with the ability to apply reflexes and reaction time under stress, if you're too weak minded to have some self control.
>>
>>858336
If your doing anything other than running from a "swarm" of people you're already dead.
>>
>>858337
>putting words in my mouth.

I said sparring teaches you to apply your techniques. I didn't say anything about reflexes dipshit.
>>
>>858469
>you're already dead.
To fight a better opponent, you need more skill.
To fight more opponents, you need more skill, or at least a different skill set.
>>
>>858470
We've established that your stupid, then.
>>
>>858504
Lol, ok. Let me know how your 1 vs 47 man brawl works out.

When did all these fucking LARPers get here?

What the fuck happened to /asp/?
>>
>>858509
>puts words in my mouth
>calls me stupid over something I didn't say.

Ok
>>
>>858517
You continue to show it.
>>
>>858336

>but grappling seems like the last thing you want to do against a swarm of peopl

Yes and no..
For self defense you should train some form of stand up grappling (i.e. Judo or Wrestling) at some point of your "career", because a grappler can decide if he wants to turn it into a grappling fight or not. If the first guy tries to grab you and you have grapplign skills you can easily break free or just rotate and make him trip or slam him to the ground fast and run away.

>>858330

>i thought sambo was a lot like krav maga

Actually not that much.

>it didn't really do stuff like judo

The founder of Krav Maga (Imi Lichtenfeld) was a very good Wrestler and Boxer. So in it's core Krav Maga is wrestling and Boxing + some "knife defense" stuff (i.e. unlike boxing you want to check/parry the knife arm instead of "blocking" a stab).

But since Imi faced the problem to quickly enable people to hold their own (at first to fight off racist gangs, then to train military). So he develloped a small programm to teach the self defense basics fast, to focus on the parts he found most important.

So honestly, Krav Maga isn't bad for self defense, because it give you a very good skills fast. But it has limitations, because it was always meant that way.

So honestly if you have enough time to train Boxing and Judo and maybe add some Filipino Martial arts (Kali/Arnis/Eskrima) later, you are at least as good in Self defense as if you trained the same amount of time in Krav Maga.

I don't say you shouldn't train in Krav Maga, it's not a bad System. But you should know what it's all about.
>>
>>858515
1 vs 47 is made a lot easier if you have a longsword or pipebomb.
>>
>>858336
>people throwing around words like "military" and "elite units" in a hand-to-hand context
i've explained this a few times here already: soldiers and military units only recieve a crash course in any kind of H2H system (be it sambo, krav maga, MCMAP, whatever) to give the a sense of power and very basic knowlegde of unarmed fighting for the very, very unlikely event of facing an enemy alone and without a firearm. you see it's not the dark ages, every single military doctrine relies on firearms, and any time not drilling the use of them (or tactics which let them use such weapons for greater effect) is essentially wasted
even special forces have very little unarmed combat training (albeit a little more than your usual grunts), but they arent meant to go into a buliding armed with a fork and beat up everyone inside like in a kung-fu movie
>>
>>859427
>elite units
>special forces
kek
It's like you know nothing outside of disposable guns.

The true elite may never see some large scale combat in their lifetime.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.