[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/asp/ /sbg/ snowboarder general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 20

File: Mt_Bohemia_sitting_snbrdr_lrg.jpg (1MB, 2048x1364px) Image search: [Google]
Mt_Bohemia_sitting_snbrdr_lrg.jpg
1MB, 2048x1364px
How is your winter shaping up /asp/? Is the tropical weather in the upper midwest due to the fact I finally bought a splitboard? Should I sell my '16 burton ck air? Ride it? Will it to my grand children so they can buy an island in dubai? Will the martial arts fags ever kick the WWE fags and their 45 gay threads off /asp/? Why did aznmoot curse a slow board with all the man children in leotards anyway?

ALLLLLLLLLL THIS AND MORE.....

sbg.
>>
File: image_2.jpg (76KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
76KB, 500x379px
>east coast
>have new years trip planned
Kill me now
>>
>>815966
Current projections (which we watch like a fucking hawk with 4 of 100+ runs open and "opportunity" week around the corner) show snow making Temps next week and heavy expected natural snowfall the week after. At least here in the midwest.... I'm guessing our eastern friends at altitude are making decent stuff in the mountains VERY soon.
>>
>>815966
Btw..... is sugar loaf ok? Have friends there and want to make a trip but at the same time maybe not....
>>
>>815985
Couldn't tell you, I live in MD and the farthest north I've ever gone has been PA.

Every 6 hours I open up a tab and check the latest GFS models for hope. It's looking about the same for us, should be snowmaking starting next Thursday and people are saying around the 23rd there's gonna be a pattern change that should lower the jet stream down and bring in some artic air. That coupled with an active southern storm track, it's possible there could be one or two pretty big storms in January or February.
>>
>>816002
A positive for me is I have some nice big lakes that are unseasonably warm. Hopefully the snow gods decide to reply spread the love when they bring it.
>>
Just got a Boyne mountain season pass for $300, and planning on heading up to thompson pass, AK this winter. So I'd say I'm set for the winter
>>
>>815966
>went to get free tickets at an expo
>won free tickets to bellayre and a spa day
>Its in early January

I swear to god snow better be coming soon. I took a 2 hour drive to ski area in Vermont and there was barely any coverage. Thank god the other boarders I rode with were cool people and were just stoked to ride.

Who else in your group of boarder friends is blaming global warming for this bullshit?
>>
>>816628
The Ninó is a dirty hooker.
>>
There's a ad listed for a Rome Solution 159 on Gumtree for $90 AUD.
I'm 66 kilos (146 pounds) and 176 cm (5"9).
Mostly want to free ride and ride off piste and stay away from the park. Is this board the right size and would suit my needs?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>checking the forecast every morning
>>
>>817692
It would be considered slightly long for your weight range, but height appropriate. With this said you need to keep in mind that we are talking about 4 or 5 centimeters. If anything a few extra cm will make you more stable at speed on groomers and give you a larger surface area for float when off piste in deeper snow. If you find you hate it, at that kind of price as long as it's not beat to hell and back I would think you could resell it easily.

This from some one who rides a 172 and is the same height and about 40 lbs more.
>>
>>817766
Alright. Thanks a tonne. The side walls are completely intact and there's no core damage. Couple of marks on the top laminate and no cuts into the core on the base. I think I'll go for it.
>>
>>817789
if you get hands on with it, try to press the center of the top sheet and flex the board towards its base to make sure it doesn't have a broken core. I have broken 3 boards in as many years from side wall to side wall and looking at them now, no impact is visible except one discolored a little on the side walls. When you flex them you can see it (and when you try to ride them... we will just leave that out).
>>
I'm thinking about trying a snow sport this winter. Is it true skiing is for keks? It looks like it could be fun but I don't want to be kekolded while I'm gone.
>>
>>819107
What do your friends do mostly? There's nothing wrong with skiing, I wanna get into cross country. Where are you from?
>>
File: 1446969361630.jpg (647KB, 962x1276px) Image search: [Google]
1446969361630.jpg
647KB, 962x1276px
Hi /sbg/

Went for my 4th time today and woooooohoooo it was a freaking blast. Last time I went, I really started getting over that fear of speed and with it came way more control. Today I kept going with that (my first powdery day too), and worked on really tightening up my turns. At this point, semi steep blues and are in the picture, and I'm trying to do some manuals/wall rides/jumps.

My thoughts for progression are:
-keep tightening up my turns. less slide turns, more edge turns.
-keep emphasizing proper weight distribution and positioning over board
-hit some features
-pop some ollies
-try riding switch

Any suggestions for progression from here, or tips on the ones I had in mind?
>>
>>819560
Riding switch will greatly improve your edge control in a lot of conditions. Keep having fun with it!
>>
New guy here, I've only gone snowboarding once before and that was on a bunny hill in Alberta so it doesn't really count. Could you guys give any tips/advice for a beginner? Also I live in Vancouver and I've been longboarding the past 5 years if any of that helps.
>>
>>821115
Go way further into ts turns than you would think you need and when you start always angle the board so it slides down the hill with a large margin of error so you don't catch an edge.
>>
200cm base at my hill! going Tues
>>
>>822420
Cool thanks. Also is my ski jacket supposed to go way past my ass? It feels like its the length of a miniskirt.
>>
>>825061
Idk mine doesn't but I got it before I started snowboarding. Doesn't really matter tho imo
>>
>>821115
Oh Don't go to Cypress, Grouse or Seymour. Make the trip to Whistler its worth the short drive. No more Taco Bell in Squamish though
>>
Okay any help would be much appreciated. I'm planning to try my first flip this year, I'm going for a misty flip (misty 5, misty 540). I can do a misty on a trampoline just fine, just haven't tried it off a jump. The mountain I go to usually has a 20 and 30 foot jump on the back terrain park so that's the location Can anyone give me some tips? Pointers? Suggestions? .
>>
>>825454
>Make the trip to Whistler

I've thought about it, but would I be able to make the most out of the slopes if I'm a beginner?
>>
>>826358
I'm up here rn and it would be pretty easy for a beginner (try whiskey jack or pony trail)
>>
>>826397
Will give it a shot. Bear in mind my only previous experience has been on a bunny hill in Alberta, so that was pretty flat.
>>
File: 1356308064964.jpg (80KB, 934x934px) Image search: [Google]
1356308064964.jpg
80KB, 934x934px
Guys, how do we make it snow?
>>
>>825061
most people get a larger size than normal because well, better keep the cold out than having a jacket that's slightly too small and lets in the breeze.
>>
>>821115
just watch youtube videos on how to start snowboarding. generally you want to master control going body facing down the hill. then start learning how to do the 'falling leaf'.
>>
>>831119
It's not larger, just longer. I can understand what you're saying for layering up, but my current ski jacket fits snug around my chest/shoulders but extends to my thighs. It's an Oakley patrol jacket. I'm thinking of going back and exchanging it for something else, any recommendations?
>>
>>831191
so it feels too tight for it's size? no recommendations. get something that fits obviously and check the waterproof and breathability rating.
>>
>>815966

>Have plans to drive 10 hours to sguarbush for new years
>tickets already purchased, airbnb already paid for
>$800 in

i feel your pain senpai
>>
Shop employee here. This shit is fucking killing me man. I literally just stand around at work.

Anyone tryna come out to Bear Mountain with me in January? Fuck the Ice Coast.
>>
Winter tourism is in decline and they still ask for 60$ to board down this slushie snow.
>>
>>836077
Yeah I agree it's a joke, I can't help but feel bad for them though, they're trying so hard but just keep getting fucked by weather.

Buttttt, I still use my student ID for more than 50% off on college days even though I graduated two years ago.
>>
>>821115
I'm from SK and we only have 1 "mountain" in the whole province. I have a pass for Seymour and it's not bad. At least there's snow this year.
>>
First time snowboarder, Long time longboarder/freeboarder.

Currently up In nagano In Japan and our season is trash. How do I make it snow? Also how do I snowboarder
>>
>>836672
What is freeboarding?
>>
>>836699
the closest skateboard equivalent to snowboarding. it's got one extra wheel in between each truck that's used to simulate the feeling of carving on a snowboard. also lets you literally go sideways down a hill.
>>
>>836714
This guy is spot on. It's really fun if you live in Hills. Was developed by snowboarders to get gud in off seasons
>>
>>836802
http://instasync.com/r/snow
>>
Whelp. We open tomorrow at noon. Guns have been blowing like crazy since about 2 pm Thursday. Skinned today when I got home and made some turns that were half sand and half snow but still good. Supposed to rain tuesday. Fuck my life.
>>
>>837768

>not mentioning where...
>>
>>837768
Where Familia?
>>
who /colorado/ here?

I board loveland atm and we're expecting 20+ inches this week

awww yus
>>
>>839047
Just Got a keystone A-basin pass a little while ago
>>
>>839011
Upper Midwest. It rained all day today. Did manage to split board a bit after the resort closed for the day though on Sunday so not a complete loss.
>>
>>839047
>>839123
Went to the Warren Miller show, so far the only lift ticket I've used is Monarch.
>>
File: 2016_YES_420_52cm_1000x1700[1].jpg (323KB, 1000x1700px) Image search: [Google]
2016_YES_420_52cm_1000x1700[1].jpg
323KB, 1000x1700px
I was thinking of demoing this beast when I get to Japan. Anyone here rode it before?
>>
I've been getting super interested in snowboarding lately so I said fuck it let's do it. Problem now is no snow in my country so fml, projected in February.. There is some here where I live but it's expensive to travel, hotels and everything.

Now as a new rider I read a lot but for someone who just wanna spend few days learning and seeing if I wanna stick with this before investing into equipment, what should I do? I know I can rent board, bindings and boots but what about rest of the gear? Helmet, glasses, right pants, jacket and all the other stuff? I'm not sure I can borrow or rent that, maybe find some super cheap made in china crap that can last few days? What should I do? And if I do end up having a blast and enjoying it I'm investing in all the right things for sure.
>>
Dead itt
>>
>>847155
Most board rental places will loan you other gear, too. Helmets are usually included with the board and boots, the rest is extra. Jacket and gloves are worth investing in anyways, they can be used for general cold weather. Pants too, if you spend a lot of time in the snow. The goggles you can go without if you're just on the bunny hill. Chances are you'll fall a lot and the exertion will make them fog up. You'll need them later for powder and such.
>>
I'd invest in it for sure if I was 100% set on snowboarding I just wanan try first and waterproof stuff seems so fucking expensive... I'd just get jacket and pants at this point, rent the rest, buy glasses and helmet maybe, can use that for skiing too.
>>
>>848309
Good luck. I watched a ton of youtube videos and taught myself to snowboard, it was hella fun. Watch as much as you can, absorb as much as you can, and then take your first day step by step.
>>
I live in MN and we rarely have powder. This weekend I went to Giant's Ridge and they had a run that hadn't been groomed at all so it was pure powder and it was so fun to ride. I'm not sure what the right technique is to riding in powder. I pretty much put all my weight on my back foot and just made huge turns and jumped over some tall grass. How do I ride powder so my back leg doesn't hurt like hell once I get to the bottom?
>>
>>851555
Don't put weight on your back leg, Im guessing your did it to ''keep your board afloat''.
It's not needed unless you're going at a very slow speed.
You could also invest in a board with a powder rocker, but that's only if you really spend more than half of your time outside the piste.
>>
>>851555
You could set your bindings back a bit. Try not to lean back that hard, you don't really have to, just enough to get your nose from diving.
That's all you can really do without investing in a new board.
>>
Ayy faggots, /sg/ here. I challenge /sbg/ to a contest. You must appoint your best snowboarder who will then have a direct face-off with me, I will be representing /sg/.
>>
>>854245
1v1 irl faggot
>>
>>854360
Fight me faggot, where do you live? I'll rek you.
>>
>>854368
U wot m8!? I swear on me mum
>>
File: 2016_YES_PYL_56cm_1000x1700.jpg (634KB, 1000x1700px) Image search: [Google]
2016_YES_PYL_56cm_1000x1700.jpg
634KB, 1000x1700px
Rate my new investment.
Now the only thing I need is snow to use it.
>>
>>855804
That's bretty cool, m8. Seems like a good board to tear some powder up with. How much did you pay for it?
I ordered this a few days ago, supposed to get here tuesday.
>>
File: xlarge.jpg (1MB, 2437x1387px) Image search: [Google]
xlarge.jpg
1MB, 2437x1387px
i'm planning on taking some friends snowboarding in california. I've only been to china peak once as a 12 year old so i don't really remember much about it, but we're trying to decide whether to go to China Peak or Mountain High. China is 4 hours 10 minutes away and High is 3 hours 30 minutes away. Which would you guys recommend for 2 ok / good boarders and 1 beginner? We're most likely only going for 1 or maaaybe 2 days.
>>
>>856217
Yeah it's a pretty stiff board geared towards powder, got it for 530$.
>>
>>856477
I'd go with China Peak. I've never been to either, I'm from CO, but from looking at their websites-
Mountain high has had no snow in the last week (and doesn't have much base), whereas China peak just got 3 inches, and has more base. They both look to be about the same price.
>>
Do you guys think lessons are totally necessary for a beginner? I went yesterday for the first time (besides local sledding hills) and it was a lot of fun. Stayed on the bunny hill until I was comfortable linking turns and switching from regular to switch. Then I went to a blue run since they had no greens open. It was icy as fuck and I fell really hard. Eventually got it after riding some of the better conditioned blues but I feel like I'm progressing pretty well for only having gone a couple days. If I'm already at this point do you think necessary at all to take lessons?
>>
>>856976
It's probably not NECESSARY to take lessons but it would probably help you. I'd recommend you take at least one or two to get some tips and stuff but after that it doesn't really matter, unless you find that they helped you a lot
>>
>>856976
Lessons would be good to offer some tips on stuff you're getting stuck on, (ie, turning from heel to toe edge) or to see if you're doing something wrong like counter rotating or something.
I never took any formal lessons, but I watched a ton of how to videos and read up on it before I went my first time. Worked out pretty well.
>>
>>856976
Unless you have friends who know how to board and help you out, I would go for lessons.
I teached myself and it took me 3 years to do what someone with a proper teacher took 2 at best.
>>
>>856868
same price but we will be driving an extra 30 - 40 minutes and China Peak isn't open at night, so less time to ride. the night part seems like a pretty good reason to go with mt high but yeah more snow would be ideal
>>
File: 1391481979805.jpg (12KB, 261x221px) Image search: [Google]
1391481979805.jpg
12KB, 261x221px
I fucked up snowfâm... I bought snowboard boots 4 days ago. Last time I bought boots was about 3 years ago. So, I went to the store and the guy asked me what my shoe size was, I told him 10,5. He said that usually we pick boots that are a size larger. Like an idiot I followed his advice. I tried the boots and thought they fit properly. I decided to buy them and they were on discount. Turns out, I bought boots 1 size larger than my previous snowboard boots (10.5). I tried them 2 days and I had shin pain and felt I had less control on my board than before. I have trouble reaching the edge of the boot. I can't fucking bring the boots back or ask for an exchange because they were on sale. So either, I try to sell them on my own and get proper fitting boots or try to work with what I'm stuck with. Any tips on how to make loose boots tighter, how to make them fit better? Now I know how to pick proper fitting boots and I'll never make the same mistake ever again.
>tl;dr new boots are too big, how can I make them fit better?
>>
>>857862
Wear 3 pairs of socks?
Maybe try putting your old liner into your boots, yeah, you'll have two liners but it might fill in the extra space.
You could also try throwing some gel inserts in or something.
>>
>>857862
try taking them back
>>
>>857945
this, if all else fails wrap your foot like if you had an injury or something and that would also help fill in your boot more. Honestly try to take them back see if they can give you store credit at least? or yea try to sell them.
>>
>>857945
I tried using my old liner in them and I got a tighter feel but still, my toes weren't at the edge of the boot.
>>858079
>>858082
The receipt states that they don't exchange or refund products that are on sale. Also, the boots already have minor tears.
>>
>>816609
Will you trade lives? My dream is to one day ski alaske. I thought this place had a ski general?

Had 3/4 days powder so far this season personally. I also just got skins and a helmet cam and new helmet.

I have a YouTube of it, but will only post if y'all want since this is snowboard general and I hate to derail more than I already have
>>
>>857862
See if you can just exchange for your size, tell them what happened I'm sure they want happy customers
>>
>>858511
There's a ski general somewhere on here.

I just got back from a trip and the mountain was only open with a green from the midstation. It was like my 3rd day on a mountain so I was working on trying to link turns but the run was so fucking crowded I had to dodge people the whole tkme, my board has three new gashes from skis in the life line too(how to stop this?). All in all not comfy trip a but I still remember that first feeling of a couple turns in a row once I had space and that was a nice feeling
>>
>>858526
Noice keep it up
>>
>>858394
this >>858519 doesnt hurt to try bro, it anything at least you tried and they might take some pity on you and offer you something as a resolution or at the very least some advice for them to fit better.
>>
File: IMG_20160104_160433.jpg (340KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160104_160433.jpg
340KB, 960x1280px
>>858079
>>858082
>>858519
>>859880
SNOWFÄM! I followed your advice and tried my luck at the store. It took some convincing but the manager exchanged my boots!!! Thank you guys, I would've been stuck with big boots.
>>
>>860265
32 lashed? Noice I have the same
>>
>>860318
Yeah it's the lashed. First time in years I'm using traditional laced boots.
>>
>>860456
prob the best system for boots.
>>
>>863584
Boa is catching up, tho. If you get the focus boa with one boa for the upper part of the laces and one for the lower, apparently it's almost as good as laces.
>>
>>816609
Ski the highlands on your same 300$ pass. Our side country owns (once we have snow).
>>
Any advice on how many lessons to take? I'm gonna head to nearest mountain this weekend and I see they offer individual and group lessons, later one being cheaper. There's 1 lesson , half day or 2 lessons and full day or 4 lessons. Not sure what to do, maybe half day one? It's not exactly cheap plus renting the boots and board and it all adds up. Doesn't say how long they are.
>>
>Going on friday with friends for the first time since I was 12
>Live in socal
>Every sporting goods store in the city is out of snow pants
It's fucking january mang there's still snow up in them hills
>>
>>836802
>>836714
that shit's so gay

lrn2slide
>>
>>864654
well what do you know? what do you want to do? how much cash are we talking for lessons? have any friends that know more than you that are willing to teach you instead?
>>864656
amazon prime 2 day shipping?
>>
>>864844
I'm like Jon Snow and know nothing, besides some basics from YouTube videos.I want to be able to ride comfortably and continue learning on my own. Individual lessons are hour each and cost 25 eur while group ones are bit cheaper. Do 1 or two group and 1 individual maybe? No boarder friends they all ski
>>
>>864992
>>864992
I'd say depends on the difficulty of the mountain you're going to. I skipped the lesson for the first time (will probably get one in the next few trips so he can actually teach me something than how to get off the lift) and beat myself up pretty hard but made progress.

If it's an easy mountain and you're confident you can pick up stopping quick, I wouldn't get a lesson and just stick to easy slopes.
>>
File: 20160108_142327.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160108_142327.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
Bumping with cosy torii. Snow's alright here in Nagano, but you still have to go off the beaten path to get away from the ice.
>>
File: Stuck.jpg (825KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Stuck.jpg
825KB, 2000x1500px
Good day on Baker. Perfect mixture between pack and powder for just carving down the mountain. Plenty of fresh powder off the main trails.
>>
File: GOPR3693.jpg (908KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
GOPR3693.jpg
908KB, 2000x1500px
>>868242
>>
Sunday is the day.
>>
>>868136
>, but you still have to go off the beaten path to get away from the ice.
damn that sucks.
>>
>>868756
next wednesday for me, first trip of the season. it's been like 2 years. fucking california drought
>>
File: TheWaterCycle.png (66KB, 346x257px) Image search: [Google]
TheWaterCycle.png
66KB, 346x257px
>>830039
You need water. Just being cold enough doesn't make it snow.
>>
File: 28.12.2015_3.jpg (120KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
28.12.2015_3.jpg
120KB, 640x480px
>>
a friend of mine wants to go snowboarding with us, but he wants to wear his dr. martens boots with heavy socks. do you guys think it'll work? he tried putting them in the bindings and it worked, but i still think it'd be horribly freezing.
>>
>>872214
How long have you been snowboarding?
>>
>>872214
It would be very cold and uncomfortable. If its his first time snowboarding he'll probably have a bad first experience.
>>
>>872259
since i was 12 technically, but i'm only 18 so this will be the first year i'm going without my parents

>>872261
figured as much, maybe i'll just loan him some money for boots and have him pay me back later.
>>
>>872278
If you have snowboarded that long why the hell to you need to ask us if it's a good idea or not.

Freezing off your toes ain't funny, atleast you don't notice it until it starts hurting like a bitch.
>>
>>872280
i'm asking if it's possible, i'm 100% sure it's not a good idea lol. he's literally broke but really wants to go. i mean if he wore like 4 pairs of socks it wouldnt be THAT bad right?
>>
>>872284
Wearing alot of socks will just cut off bloodflow.
>>
>>872278
Here's a cheaper idea- loan him $20 for a rental.
>>
Planned going snowboarding this weekend - due to unforeseen circumstances I ran out of money so nope. Can't go before 25th probably. FML
>>
>>872284
But some foot warmers as a short term solution
>>
>its been snowing since sunday at my local mountain
this weekends gonna be a blast
>>
>>872655
Probably for the best if ur an American. Three day weekend will make the places hell
>>
>>876664
eh, i just bought him some boots. he actually turned out to be pretty good, so i'm glad. he'll be able to go again with me and actually keep up lol
>>
>>877232
this apparently this is a major ski/snowboard weekend in america.
>>
>>879562
It's Martin Luther King Jr day on monday. Most workplaces don't give you the day off but most schools do, so lot of high school and college kids will have a 3 day weekend.
>>
>>879715
ah i see.
>>
File: forecast.png (313KB, 760x540px) Image search: [Google]
forecast.png
313KB, 760x540px
great snow here in BC
>>
>>879715
>work gives me Monday off
>literally too scared to ride this weekend
>probably going to stay at home to shitpost

:/
>>
>>880149
Where do you board? I'm in colorado, and there's so many place to board that it's usually not a huge problem
>>
Cheapest boots I can get that are still decent quality?
I'm currently using a pair of VERY used airwalks that I got used for $20 at a pawn shop 2 years ago. They're close to done.
Is going used still my best option? I'm a cheap bastard.
>>
>>882295
>cheap and good

go to a shop and try all of them and buy the one you think is cheap and still good
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-17-22-42-40.png (433KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-17-22-42-40.png
433KB, 1080x1920px
How much longer do you guys think until there's enough to snowboard here? 2 years ago I went around this time and there was plenty.
>>
>>880319
Southeast US. There's like only 8 resorts within a 5 hour drive.

>>882295
I'd just go to a shop farther away from the slopes and see if they have any boots that are last year's model, that's what I did and saved about 50% off of retail.
>>
File: 20160120_073305.jpg (681KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160120_073305.jpg
681KB, 2048x1152px
>snowing mad right now
>next 2 days sunny at -5C°
>got my 2 days free I asked for
>>
>>882295
i like what >>885262 suggested if you want to super cheap go to a thrift store or a second hand store near or by the slopes and check out their inventory and look for a decent pair, you never know what you can find.
>>
Heading up this weekend for a potentially powder day...it might be kinda crowded. How do I prevent my board from being destroyed in the lift line by chink gapers?
>>
>>891644
Go to the singles line
>>
>>892438
OMG so this :DDDDDD
>>
>>882295
Sierra trading post has brand new shit for like 60$ from dc
>>
I bought all new stuff this year, coming in a week. Had the same board for 15ish years since middle school, was a bit too small. Really hyped, I'm going to board every day until I destroy my calves.

Do I need to wax and sharpen it regularly? I never did any maintenance on my old board and it looks horrible.
>>
>>897442
Boarders are kind of notorious for taking shitty care of their equipment. That said: any maintenance is better than none and you will see some benefit from even the most remedial care. If you're around any fresh snow, wax. Filling holes in your base is good. Huge gnarly burs on your edges suck and should come off.
>>
>>897457
Really didn't know any better the first time around, now that I'm older and buying my own stuff, I'd like to take proper care of it.

Just didn't know if it was worth investing in my own equipment or paying 15 dollars or so to have the shop guys do it. I think one place gives a free wax with your ticket, but I'd probably only go there once a year.
>>
>>897474
>>897457
you need to make that decision yourself. The cost of a decent iron isn't much higher than some shitty cheapo (just don't use home) and the principles of waxing are pretty easy to pick up. Shops can do a pretty half assed job on boards but even a belt wax (what your free jobber with the pass would be) is better than nothing. Just be aware that belt/rub on won't last for more than a day and plan on replacing it next time out (if you are trying to keep it up)
>>
>>897474
>>899859
Continuing on that idea: if you learn to do some base prep (search how skiers do it, the snowboard instructions tend to be written assuming we are all retards) and pick up how to crayon you can get a lot more bang for you buck with some inexpensive wax.
>>
>>899859
>Shops can do a pretty half assed job on boards
that irritates me then again what do you expect they just try to do whatever
>>
>>899910
the problem is that most people drag in shit that is so fucking broken and beyond repair you can't even run it on a machine and expect miracles for 10 dollarie doos. It's not an excuse, but it is a reason.
>>
>>899972

>Kid drags in a new set of Rome bindings, missing their ankle strap, already bought his 81$ lift pass.

>repair shop crew stares at it a while, comes and grabs me.

>dig around and cut up a k2 ankle strap to get a perfect fit. Kid is cool the whole time just happy the mis matched part will work.

>"that'll be $15 " "what the fuck I'm not paying that fuck you"

ok then, enjoy you 81$ lift pass you little fuck
>>
I'm heading up to Whistler in a couple months with some buddies on a spring break trip and I've been skiing and skating / longboarding for about 4 years. I was skiing blues about 2 hours after I first got on skis years back. Will I be alright?
>>
>>900156
Yes
>>
Just got back from a weekend boarding trip during that east coast blizzard. And now I'm pretty hooked on it.

How do I go riding as often as possible, I'm a full time wage slave who lives about 3 and a half hours away from good mountains, and about 2 from crowded average ones.
>>
>>914578
You have tons of options built around how dedicated you want to be. Search your local area. Midwestern and eastern local hills do suck but will get the fix and make you a better rider. Failing that either a give up and move to a mountain town or learn to make mountains out of mole hills and split. Also: the thread about some whore getting railed in the ass who acted in the bull shit TV program aznmoot cursed us with is way higher up the catalog than us. Fuck that.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.