[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to fix WWE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: abcdef.jpg (78KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
abcdef.jpg
78KB, 620x349px
I actually like the brand extension, but WWE obviously has problems and the concept can be improved upon.
What if instead of having the two shows with separate rosters that only fight among themselves, you went with a New Japan-like angle where most characters are in a faction, and the factions mostly fight each other?

Pro: They would have the flexibility to have any given performer switch teams at any time for reasons of plot contrivance, and could still do "shakups" via major plot development between faction leaders (i.e. one faction leader wins dirty, so some characters get disgusted and leave while others flock to his ruthlessness)

Pro: You would replace the current weak-tea "Team Raw" vs "Team Smackdown" (Which is a pseudo-competition between shows that don't compete) and replace it with more legitimate basis for fans picking sides.

Pro: You still have the flexibility to introduce small factions (Like LIJ), minor factions (Like Taguchi Japan), lone wolves with no faction (Shibata), and sub-factions to set certain talent apart (Bullet Club Elite)

Con: People would identify WWE as copying New Japan

Con: they might go back to having a single creative team, which was awful.
>>
>>2719053

There's no point of having two separate brands if they're just going to fight each other anyway.
>>
>>2719107
Well, I suppose I should clarify, the point of my first sentence is that WHILE I like the brand extension, this could effectively replace it.

I think getting the fans to participate in factionalism is a good marketing ploy. I mean hell, even the Twilight movies did it.
>>
>>2719183
who's a heel and who's a babyface? massive factions never work because people get lost in the shuffle. If it was up to me i would have one roster but smackdown wouldn't feature people that were on raw(or they had like a small segment). that way you would actually put some effort into the tag division and the midcard or personal feuds between main eventers.
>>
That doesn't fix a damn thing. You suck at this.
>>
>>2719608
>people get lost in the shuffle
And that doesn't happen now? Better question, in what promotion does that NOT happen?

Also, a big faction doesn't need to adhere to face-heel dynamics, they just need to be stylistically different and at each others throats.

>>2719673
The product is bad right now because its fundamentally boring. People suggest these individual ideas like "Turn Reigns heel" or "Cut down the house shows and do quality work", which would help, but neither comprehensively revitalizes the show in the way that an overhaul of the format would.
>>
Get rid of the Universal Title. Only one champion. One month on Raw with a title shot at the PPV at the end of the month. Then he goes to Smackdown. Women only on Raw. CWs on Smackdown.
>>
>>2719737
>Women only on Raw.
That may be the dumbest idea I've ever heard in my entire life.
>>
>>2719053
EVERYTHINGS FALLING APART
>>
>>2719777
>not liking the idea of rawdawging divas
>>
>>2719053
The answer to this question is simple, WWE is a closed wrestling company different from NJPW and RoH, they cant call people from outside from the roster to job for their Stables, you would end in many stables getting jobbed down and too much equal matchs.

Also you would need much more tournaments and titles
>>
>>2719737
Have an overall champ. Raw and smack down can both have a champ but there should be a top belt. Raw champ and smack down champ would wrestle at PPV for number one contender.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.