[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Y2AJ Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: y2aj1.jpg (47KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
y2aj1.jpg
47KB, 642x361px
How do you feel about Y2AJ as a tag team?

As much as I wanted AJ to be in singles competition, I feel like him being paired with Jericho in a tag team has potential for some great matches.

It also means that Jericho can cut the majority of the promos for both of them and that when AJ does talk, it'll be when he really has something meaningful to say.
>>
AJ/Tyler Breeze would be a GOAT tag team
>>
>>1036075
I was excited because I thought Owens vs. AJ was gonna happen at mania, but now with this Y2AJ shit it doesn't look like it. If they're in some preshow shitter match I won't be surprised.
>>
>>1036080
I'm betting they'll be going for the tag titles.

I doubt that will be a pre-show match.
>>
>>1036089
But the tag title matches have been on the pre show for the last 2 manias.
>>
>>1036102
And they weren't for the one before that, when the most over act in the company held them.

Y'know...just like this year.
>>
People act like AJ was doing a lot in NJPW before he left, when in reality he was in the mid-card over there too.
Nothing wrong with how he's being booked so far.
His match with Jericho on Smackdown is the only one that's been good so far though.
>>
>>1036158
>New Day
>Most over act in the company
6 months ago maybe. I don't want to beat a dead horse but they've gotten stale. They used to get pops in most places but now crowds are for the most part indifferent. People are even more indifferent towards the usos, who will most likely one of their opponents in its a 4 way tag match (probably will have the dudleys and Y2AJ as well).
>>
>>1036172
>6 months ago maybe. I don't want to beat a dead horse but they've gotten stale. They used to get pops in most places but now crowds are for the most part indifferent.

That's literally just your opinion.
>>
>>1036180
Why yes. I am the only person with this opinion.
>>
>>1036172
The New Day still get decent reactions, especially from the smark cities, but yeah, overall their whole appeal is stale.
You can tell WWE started to restrict what they did. Only reason they're still around is because they sell a lot of merch.
>>
>>1036168
>People act like AJ was doing a lot in NJPW before he left
Well he was in a program with Shinsuke for the IWGP Intercontinental championship at NJPW's biggest show of the year, which was a pretty big deal considering Shinsuke was one of the top guys, if not THE biggest star there. And the IC title for NJPW isn't a joke like the WWE IC title.

And like 2 or 3 weeks before that AJ was main eventing ROH Final Battle with Jay Lethal for the ROH title
>>
>>1036185
Thanks for missing the point.
>>
>>1036168
> won the IWGP Heavyweight Title from the Ace in his DEBUT

What a midcarder.
>>
>>1036203
Did you miss the 'before he left' part?
>>
>>1036205
See >>1036194
>>
>>1036205
> wrestling Nakamura for the 2nd-most important title in the company in the semi-man of the biggest show of the year

Did you?
>>
>people genuinely think this is gonna end with Jericho and AJ winning the tag team belts
Jericho is gonna backstab AJ sometime in march. It's fucking stupid that everyone keeps falling for this "they tagteamed once now their getting the titles" shit.
>>
>>1036194
>>1036209
And the title is still in the mid-card any way you look at it.
Deal with it.
>>
>>1036213
Mid-card literally means "middle of the card"
Going on 2nd to last in a show with 10 matches is not mid card
>>
>>1036075
they aren't going to be a team for long, Y2J is officailly turning heel soon
>>
>>1036194
now hes going to be in NXT and aj is going to be in tag match at mania.
>>
>>1036168
AJ was a big for them while he was IWGP Champion retard, you're clueless
>>
>>1036213
Except that it's very much NOT in the midcard when you look at it like a non-retard. So I can see how you're having difficulty.

> Deal with it.

Guess how we can tell you're a shitter who doesn't actually watch New Japan
>>
>>1036222
>big draw
fixed
>>
>>1036222
And he lost the title and did what mate?

>>1036217
>>1036224
But it is the mid-card. The heavyweight champion is the main event and the IC title will always be the secondary one, meaning it's below that.
Just because you like someone holding a title doesn't automatically turn the title into THE title.
Cena was US champion. Are you going to tell me that wasn't the mid-card?
>>
File: 1455264185965.png (58KB, 173x249px) Image search: [Google]
1455264185965.png
58KB, 173x249px
>>1036213
>>1036230
>main eventing an ROH PPV
>mid card
>>
>>1036232
>current ROH PPV
>prestigious in any way
>>
>>1036230
> using a WWE analogy

Please stop pretending you understand puro
>>
>>1036235
Answer the question.
>>
>>1036234
It has nothing to do with prestige

It's the position on the card
>>
>>1036238
Yes but I was talking about NJPW.
NJPW =/= ROH. Read the posts before you reply.
>>
>>1036240
NJPW has a talent exchange deal with ROH
AJ main eventing an ROH show is just as meaningful as main eventing a NJPW show

The fact that you don't know this just shows you are even more clueless

And if you're going to be an autist about AJ not being in the main event, he was in the main event of a NJPW PPV 2 shows before the Tokyo Dome show
>>
>>1036251
I'm well aware of the ROH/NJPW talent exchange, but you're aware no NJPW talent was on that show (unless you count the BC), right?
I never said he wasn't in the main event, I said he wasn't IN the main events prior to leaving. Read.
>>
File: stare.gif (988KB, 200x167px) Image search: [Google]
stare.gif
988KB, 200x167px
>>1036254
>NJPW talent wasn't on the ROH show
>except bullet club but they don't count
>>
>>1036237
If anything, the IWGP IC Title would be more analogous to the WHC during the Brand Extension.
>>
Where the fuck is the general
>>
>>1036258
They really don't considering they're North American wrestlers, with the exception of one.
>>
>>1036261
janitor keeps deleting them
>>
>>1036254
You don't have to appear in every main event to be a main eventer. AJ Styles main evented multiple PPV`s in his two years in NJPW and at WK10 he Co-Main evented the PPV. IC & IWGP titles were the two biggest matches promoted at Wrestle Kingdom.
>>
>>1036269
So you believe CM Punk main evented Wrestlemania 29 then?
>>
>>1036262
> only Japanese guys count as New Japan wrestlers

Holy shit, you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>1036273
Did I say that? No. Can anyone on this board READ posts before they reply?
>>
>>1036272
> so you [unrelated question]

>>1036277
You know, if everybody thinks you're a moron, it's probably not everybody who is wrong.
>>
>>1036268
He hit me with a temporary block for ban evading when I made one an hour ago, is that all he does? for what purpose is he stalking the general for?
>>
>>1036272
I wasn't even watching then to make an informed opinion about it
>>
>>1036289
Don't worry, judging by the guy who tried running a Cena comparison, there's no need to have informed opinions here.
>>
File: rollins vs cena summerslam.jpg (233KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rollins vs cena summerslam.jpg
233KB, 1280x720px
>>1036230
>Cena was US champion. Are you going to tell me that wasn't the mid-card?
Correct
>>
>>1036230
>and he lost the title and did what mate ?

He won it again
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.