[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 16

File: 2017-05-09 21.36.16.jpg (311KB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-09 21.36.16.jpg
311KB, 1885x1060px
Hey /an/

I came home and my cat doesn't seem to be doing too well

Shes around 22 years old and it looks like her time is coming soon. She's struggling to walk is looking very raggedy.

I don't think she'll live through the night.

When she does die what do I do with the body? I don't want to just throw it away in the dumpster. I don't have access to a backyard where I can bury.

Suggestions?
>>
>>2377464
Cremation? Taxidermy?
>>
Funeral pyre.
>>
File: resting-cat-urn-ebony.jpg (65KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
resting-cat-urn-ebony.jpg
65KB, 1100x733px
Cremate her, put the ashes somewhere nice. There's some really cute urns available.
>>
Well what I want to do when my dog dies is cremate him, and place the ashes in the soil of a pot, and putting a nice plant in there. Allowing the carbon from the ashes blossom into new life.
>>
>>2377524
Poetic as fuck, I like you anon.
>>
>>2377464
You have some animal graveyards here and there
>>
File: Nemo.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Nemo.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
My cat is 14 and I think the same thing is happening. He won't eat or drink even if I put it in front of him. I measured his heartbeat and his breathing, they came out normal. However, his temperature is lower than normal. he won't let me move him either. He had a strange episode last week where he couldn't move or put his head down. I have already started crying.

Any similar experiences /an/? Is it his time?
>>
>>2377464
Good night sweet pussycat
>>
File: IMG_20170123_124648.jpg (2MB, 1728x3072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170123_124648.jpg
2MB, 1728x3072px
>>2377464
Do what I did when my puppet died
>look for place to make hole
>have a shovel
>dig a few feet's
>put cat in
>cover it up
Literally the most humane way to go about getting rid of corpses
>>
>>2377524
What do you think burns? There is no carbon left in ashes. Each atom of carbon binds with two atoms of oxygen, hence CO2. Ash is all the noncombustible remains such as trace minerals.
>>
>>2378243
i just read this as if you buried a cat instead of your dog when your dog died and im laughing a lot and i'm sorry
>>
>>2377464
I vote cremate and nice urn or Norse funeral with a proper Viking prayer.
>>
File: 20170510_155441_1494446181144.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170510_155441_1494446181144.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
OP here

My cat passed away

I got her when I was 6 years old, she was my first pet. I'm 26 now

I woke up this morning and she was laying down in the kitchen like in the first pic. I picked her up and moved her to a blanket in the living room.

She was still breathing but she was very limp when I picked her up.

I layed down with her for a little bit and gave one final kiss and whispered in her ear "I love you" before I went to work.

I honestly wish I slept with her one last time. Just 10 mintues before I got off work I got a text from my mom notifying me she passed.

I'm about to bawl right now as i write this. Tomorrow morning I'm going to take her to the vet to get cremated. I want to put her ashes in a potted plant.
>>
>>2378553
Im very sorry for your loss op, I know many can be quite jaded here on /an/ but nothing hits home like a long time companion passing on. You're in my thoughts tonight you and your cat.
>>
My cat is also dying.
Won't eat or drink, and can barely support his own head anymore, even when walking.

I accept it, but I want to know if we should let him die or euthanize him.
>>
>>2378553
Sorry to hear anon, it sounds like she was getting tired and just fell asleep. I wish to go so peacefully. Chin up, 20 years is a lot of good time together.
>>
File: 6575443.jpg (497KB, 636x1176px) Image search: [Google]
6575443.jpg
497KB, 636x1176px
>>2378565

Thanks anon

Whats really getting to me is what I could have done differently in her finally moments.

I wish I took one last nap with her

I wish I asked my manager if I could have left work early. I was literally 10 minutes too late

I wish I was there for her final minutes.

I hate crying, yet here I am doing just that
>>
>>2378553
I lost my 18 year old sweetheart cat to a stroke recently, I feel your pain anon. It sounds like you gave your cat a good life and she knew through the end she was loved and cherished, that's really all we can do for them.

I had mine cremated and I'm going to plant him under a willow sapling when I move into my new place with a yard, planning to put in a pond close to wherever I plant the willow. Strangely for a cat, he always really loved water, so I think if his spirit is still around, he'd appreciate that.
>>
>>2378586
>>2378226
You should take any cat that does not eat or drink daily to the vet.
>>
>>2378553
Such is the life we choose as pet owners. Cremate her, remember the times you shared, reflect on the fact that you gave her a good home and good experiences, and when the time is right adopt a new cat not as a replacement but so that you can give another cat a good life

Hang in there anon, you done a good job
>>
File: Jasp.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jasp.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>2377464
I'm very sorry about your cat. My cat had a good life and helped me out so much when I got really sick. He was 15 when I had to put him down. I buried him at a relatives place.

It's been several years since he passed away and thinking about getting a kitten soon.
>>
>>2378553
Mine died like that during my sleep. Just about as old but basically they waste away.
>>
File: my baby boy.jpg (68KB, 740x960px) Image search: [Google]
my baby boy.jpg
68KB, 740x960px
>>2378593
I feel you. My childhood cat was put down while I was at my morning class two years back. Campus was an hour from home so I couldn't make it back to say goodbye. It fucking broke my heart. I'm going to ask my mom if I could keep his ashes with me now because this thread is dredging up some regret.
>>
>>2377464
Some places have pet cemeteries
other I'm pretty sure if you take it to a vet's office they can dispose of it for you, or use it for science or something
>>
>>2378553
Sorry about ur kitty passing man. Mines 8 now. Can't bear the thought of Her being gone one day. Imma hug her extra much when i get home . :'(
>>
>6 year old catto has fucktons of tumors on his abdominal organs due to lymphoma
>doing great right now but it's mostly because of the meds that support him
>fully know it's only a matter of short time before it truly goes downhill and I have to pull the plug on my best friend
>cry like a bitch pretty much every day

Goddamn.
>>
File: I feel you.jpg (16KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
I feel you.jpg
16KB, 500x461px
>>2378553
>>
>>2378623
"A man grows what he can, and tends to it"
>>
>>2378401
Top kek now I'm laughing!
>>
File: IMG_3085.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3085.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>2378553
I knows the feel, I got my first pet, a cat, when I was 10. I'm 24 now, he was 15. He passed about a week ago, and my wife and I, as well as our other cat, all miss him so much. Rest In Peace Turbo
I'm sorry for your loss OP.

Last pic of him without me/family in it.
>>
>>2378593
don't you dare blame yourself. you did what was needed to be done, like any responsible adult you had to attend to your duties. you gave this cat a blissful life and he loved you. he'll be thinking about you in heaven, for sure.
>>
File: 1482325755746.jpg (2MB, 2560x3278px) Image search: [Google]
1482325755746.jpg
2MB, 2560x3278px
>>2378553
>I got her when I was 6 years old, she was my first pet. I'm 26 now
This hit me hard, OP. I'm sorry for your loss man, remember that you gave her a happy life while you grew up together.
>>
>>2377493
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49ypdyXN3RQ
>>
>>2380230
Get fucked faggot
I've seen plenty cats dying over the years and it's still haunting
>>
>>2377464
>22 years
goddamn how long do cats live

also:
F
>>
>>2380230
>>2380263
>>
>>2377464
Bury it and plant something on top of the grave. Meowsers would live on as another living thing.
>>
>>2377464
Wrap it in a cotton towel and bury it in a park near some trees.
>>
File: 1442448143406.png (454KB, 396x435px) Image search: [Google]
1442448143406.png
454KB, 396x435px
>>2378553

>I got her when I was 6 years old, she was my first pet.
>gave one final kiss and whispered in her ear "I love you

My feels were not prepared for this

She lived 20 years OP, I think her life was full of love for her to live that long. Don't feel sad. She was blessed to have you in her life
>>
>>2378243
>>2378401
sides: gone.

I also read this as you buried a cat alive instead of your deceased dog.

Now I'm sad.
>>
>>2378553

Fucking hell, anon. I don't even know you or your cat and you just made me cry like a little bitch. ;_;
>>
>>2377464
Any parks or a patch of woods that are nice anywhere near you?

Go at night and dig a hole. Have a large shoe box or the like, place her favorite blanket in it, when she goes, place her in box, wrap in blanket, close box, put in hole and cover up with dirt.

Be prepared to be crying uncontrollably while you are doing all this.

Losing my cat of 20 years was the most emotionally crippling experience of my life.

I handled my mother dying better than my cat.

By no means am I saying I loved my cat more than my mother or anything, but for some reason it just affected me more in terms of how I handled it.
>>
>>2378553
Heart wrenchinh
>>
>>2380685
Watch that edge, kid.
>>
File: 2133.jpg (43KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
2133.jpg
43KB, 450x600px
>>2377464
Most Animal Shelters will do a "care of body" for around $20. However if you want a private cremation it usually costs $120.
>>
>>2377464
Bury it in a mountain
>>
>>2377464
pillow case/shoe box and a hole in the yard/woods if you dont have a yard
>>
File: IMAG0699.jpg (138KB, 486x648px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0699.jpg
138KB, 486x648px
>>2377464
>>2378226
>>2378553
>>2378593
>>2378613
>>2378617
>>2379960
Kicked back in the recliner reading this thread while my little girl is curled up on me. The feels are coming on hard ;_;
Found her in the summer of 2013 when she was a kitten. She had been trapped inside a hot fabrication shop with no food or water all weekend, weighed 1.4 lbs, had open wounds on her side and looked like a little skeleton with fur stretched over it.
>>
You can call the government of your village or city and they can come and catch her body
>>
Sorry about your cat. When we didn't have a place to bury my brothers dog we took him to a nature preserve where he used to walk and buried him in the woods with trowels in a backpack. Not sure how legal it was but I'm sure burying a cat would be faster and easier to accomplish than a 80 lb dog.
>>
>>2378553
Sorry about your cat anon. 22 years is really good for a cat, you got to admit you did a good job raising her and keeping her safe and healthy all this time. Can't ask for much more than that really, 22 is really above the average by a lot. I know it never seems like enough but really, take pride in how good of care you gave her. I'm sure she appreciates it too and don't beat yourself up over it, it just sounds like it was her time.
>>
>>2377464
I had a German Shepherd for the last 13 years and I just now put her to rest in December...she was a guard dog for me and the wife when we first moved out and lived in niggertown and it was a big part of her early upbringing. Even after we moved to better circumstances - you could take the dog out of the ghetto, but you couldn't take the ghetto out of the dog. She still flipped shit on strange black people (friends of ours took a while to get adjusted to so she wasn't entirely racist) and barked at the slightest provocative noise, day or night. She survived 4 moves with us and adapted to life every time. I still miss her very much.

I've read thru most of the thread and I grieve with all of you. OP especially. I wish you fond memories. I had my GSD cremated and she has a very nice box. :( best I can say for her remains unfortunately.

I've got a siamese cat that's probably getting close at 16yo. desu I'm a bit macabre and considered having an articulated skeleton made of her for posterity. But I still am not sure I would ever want to see HER like this. Another cat maybe.

Fuck you /an/ I didn't come here for feels. I'm drunk and I'm going now. RIP all furrynigger chidren
>>
>>2380667
>not reading it that way first and laughing harder
>>
>>2377464
22 years did you have her since she was a kitten, if so I'm sorry for your loss, honor her memory well anon
>>
My old dachshund passed away three hours ago. She was old when I got her five years ago when the kids of her owner (who had died) threw her out. She was one of the sweetest creatures I've ever met and I already miss her so much.
This comes just hours after learning that my amazing internship has been rescinded due to a change in management and that I quite my old job for nothing.
>>
>>2378553

I'm so sorry anon. I'm your age and I had a cat that was a year older than me till she passed when I was 19. I still miss her.
>>
>>2379122
That sucks anon, sorry to hear
>>
I didn't cry for nearly a decade. I barely have feelings left inside. People left me - didn't cry. Animals died - didn't cry. But today I was sobbing like a little bitch.
3 days ago I noticed a newborn cat left on the concrete in front of my house. I thought it's dead, but it started whining when I poked it. Decided to take it under my wing. I was feeding it, holding it in my shirt's chest pocket , taking care of its basic needs, etc.
Never in my life have I felt this warmth in my heart that this little guy made me feel.
I wake up this morning, look into the sweater that it's been sleeping in. It's dead. Stiff, cold, with some type of moisture on its mouth.
I was crying for nearly an hour. My eyes hurt right now just by being open.
I was crying because I've seen him wanting to live - he was fighting so hard to live. He was so alive. It's tearing me up knowing that he was so strong, yet not strong enough to survive even with my help, although I think I could've done much better than I did, and I'm probably one of the reasons he's dead now.
But fuck man, that's so fucking unfair. He was supposed to live. He was strong, he deserved it. How the fuck could life take away something the instant I started to cherish it?
Fuck this shit man.
>>
crematory
>>
>>2383634
A world of pain
>>
>>2383634
I work in an animal shelter; obviously we get a fuckton of kittens in every year. They receive the best care possible from people who have been doing this for years, who have cared for literally hundreds of kittens, from vets and vet techs who know their shit and have medical equipment at their disposal - and sometimes they still just die. Sometimes they're doing fine one evening and I'll come in the next morning to find them inexplicably dead in their cages. We even have a specific category for it in our computer system: cause of death, "failure to thrive".

My point, anon, is that even though this is really shitty and your heart is broken, it's honestly not fair to blame yourself. The kitten is not dead because of you. You gave him a chance, and that's better than many animals in this world get, better than he would have had if you hadn't looked after him. You did the right thing. He knew love, warmth, and safety in his last days when he could have died alone, scared, and cold on the concrete, and that matters.
>>
>>2378553
F
>>
>>2378553
Make a puppet out of it
>>
>>2383634
Good for you, should've stepped on it and saved yourself the trouble.
>>
>>2378553
Sorry for your loss my man
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.