[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PET CROW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Crow.jpg (25KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
Crow.jpg
25KB, 625x351px
Back when I was a kid my grandfather found a week old crow among the grass and long story short, by the time the crow was a year old he was practically a dog with wings. He would follow us around while biking and take a ride on the handles. He would constantly bring home coins and shiny objects and was pretty much an indoors pet (despite having open windows and constantly walking out with him he would refuse to leave).

The cunt is almost 21 years old and I always wanted to get one myself.
I finally found a crow breeder that will be selling them this next breeding season, however he told me the birds are already 2 months old by the time they can be sold. Isn't this too much? I always assumed that my grandfather's crow was so desperately attached to him because he recognized him as his parent. This is extremely important because pet crows usually die due to stray cats or other hazards that a house crow doesn't learn to avoid. My grandfather lets the crow fly free but the crow is almost always in our line of sight. I'm worried a crow that is already 2 months old may not bond with its trainer properly.

Any thoughts on this?
>>
>>2276451
2 months is roughly 8 weeks, which is the standard for a lot of animals when it comes to breeding. I see your point, but I also am uneducated on what type of risks could be available taking it away too early

Ask the breeder about the thought process behind why he waits 2 months, and debate if necessary on getting one earlier if it suits you
>>
>>2276451
Tell the breeder you'll pay more to take it early.

Works pretty much every time.
>>
Just take one from a tree (common crows are illegal to own in the US), they nest relatively low and usually around areas dense with trees like parks.
>>
>>2276483
God bless the free market
>>
Why don't you ask these things to the breeder?
>>
>>2276483
>>2276561

Apparently he doesn't breed them, he receives them from a foreign breeder or something like that.

There is barely any info on the subject online so I thought I'd ask here.

Apparently crows age pretty slowly (probably due to their unusually long lifespan) and take almost a year to develop. All I want to know is if its possible to get the bird to imprint on its owner after its two first months.
>>
>>2276492
how can they tell if you "own" a crow?
you could argue it's just deciding to hang out with a nearby human
>>
Probably not, no. Crows take at least a year to develop enough to go without their parents, and most stay with their parents for another 1-3 years after that. Beyond that crows are social animals, and form bonds throughout their life, and people can befriend wild adult crows. It'll bond with you fine.
>>
I always wondered why don't pet birds just fly away.
>>
No. In order to do something similar you'd have to find an abandoned wild baby and raise it. (which is illegal)

The pet crows you can buy are the african species, which you cannot take outside or they'll take off and be gone forever. So unless you want basically a small flying toddler in your house, you don't want a crow.
>>
>>2276760
Same reason pet dogs don't just run away

They generally enjoy living with their owners
>>
>>2276654
Sounds sketchy as shit. I wouldn't bother, you could end up with a living nightmare. Your grandfathers experience is likely an exception, being wild animals its more likely you'll end up with a destructive shitting machine.
>>
>>2276761
>which you cannot take outside or they'll take off and be gone forever

kek

you're clueless mate
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.