[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /an/ feel about pet pigs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

How does /an/ feel about pet pigs?
>>
>>2064209
They're kinda neat, but I don't understand the appeal
>>
Cool.
>>
>>2064223
there are people on this board who own spiders, snakes, and fish. Pigs may look ugly but at least you can pet them.
>>
Never owned one, they seem too big. There are dogs that are as big as the one in your image but at least they have some form of mobility to make up for it.
>>
>>2064245
Pigs are also smarter than most dogs. Ugly though.
>>
My vet has an ancient pig that just roams around the office, wagging his lil' tail around and waiting to get head pats.

Pretty cool. Don't think I'd ever want one myself though.
>>
>>2064209
Tasty/10
>>
As with all pets, it should be a mutually beneficial relationship. Too often, I've seen people get animals that they can't take care of (or don't know how to take care of) and the pet and the person both suffer for it. If you know how to care for a pig and want one, by all means go nuts. But otherwise, you're better off with something else.

I'm too much of a neat freak, so I own a poodle
>>
>>2064209

so long as it is understood by the owner that their lil' babby piglet that is ever so cute and precious will grow large, i'm quite alright with it. pigs are very clever and charming to interact with.
>>
>>2064209
Pigs are great. I've enjoyed every interaction I've ever had with them. They're always friendly and happy to see people, it's great. I wish they were easier to keep, but from what I've heard they'll destroy your house and your yard.
>>
I don't support breeding them but if someone has the means to give one a good home I don't see a problem with adopting one.

Pigs are a high-maintenance pet because they're very intelligent, very strong, and very big. Even the miniature pigs are still big.
>>
With my hands, of course.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 420x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 420x346px
I think of them pretty much like every other pet. if the person knows what they're getting themselves into (that they can and do grow huge) and can get one responsibly, then awesome

but the fact is too many people don't realize that lil piglets turn into huge animals that require a lot of care and attention. pic of pig we got in after her owner abandoned her on the street because she got "too big"
>>
>>2064354
>I don't support breeding them
Why not?
>>
>>2064209
My aunt had a pet pig named Willy. He's in my freezer now.
>>
>>2064461
isn't he going to get cold
>>
>>2064464
I'd be more worried about him becoming a wet willy
>>
>>2064440
probably because pigs are abandoned all the time and in need of homes, it's like cats and dogs. it's silly to keep making more when there's many in need of homes

plus so many potbelly pig breeders are shit
>>
>>2064245
Fish are pretty. Pigs are not.
>>
>>2064245
Pigs also grow fuckhuge and extremely high maintenance compared to fish and snakes
>>
I know two people with pet pigs.
One was a friend from school who got a micro pig off the internet, it is now the biggest pig I have ever seen.
It happily does pig stuff and gets pats but seems like hard work.

The other is my uncle's neighbors but it seems to be neglected to the point that it moved onto my uncles farm to eat scraps it can find.
My uncle keep telling the neighbors he will turn the pig into bacon if they do not take it back and feed it properly.
I mean how hard is it to feed a pig, I fed some of my uncle's pigs when he had them and they just eat scraps and crap.
>>
File: VVgwcYW.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
VVgwcYW.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>2064574
Pigs are certainly prettier than this.
>>
>>2064642
>I mean how hard is it to feed a pig
The problem is that it needs to eat tons of food every day I think.
>>
Currently they dont make good pets. Maybe in the future after some good breeding we can make them a bit less destructive, noisy and fat.
>>
>>2064778
Maybe they don't make a good pet for you.
Different people have different standards.
>>
>>2064801
>Different people have different standards.
more like
>some people have standards
>dirty hippies don't have them
>>
>>2064802
>everything that doesn't fit my personal taste is stupid

what's middle school like?
>>
>>2064809
>people with hygiene standards are immature

what's being a neet like?
>>
>>2064812
They're not dirtier than dogs.
>>
The micro pig fad has made let pigs a terrible idea. All these celebrities get micro and teacup Pigs, show them off, and get rid of them when they grow too big. Hell, on little honey boo boo no one even questioned where the pig went to. People then want a pig too, pay out the ass for a 5 week old piglet and then have to do something with a 100lb animal, which is usually a farm where it will be slaughtered. then there are the scumbags that suggest feeding instructions that starve and stunt the animal and kills them early, which is probably a plus for the owner.

I think the pet pig industry is full of scams and people that don't care about animal welfare. However, Pigs as pets in general, they are good for the right conditions. But they aren't easy like a cat, or have tons of resources like a dog. They are very different, and present their own challenges and rewards
>>
>>2064812
all you've seen of pigs is from cartoons evidently
>>
>>2064209
They're absolutely haram
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.