[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Objectively, what is the most difficult/complicated to care for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2016-01-07-21-38-23.png (367KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-07-21-38-23.png
367KB, 1280x720px
Objectively, what is the most difficult/complicated to care for animal that I can have as a pet? I'm looking for a challenge. Dogs and cats need not apply. I don't want something that can outlive me though. I'm not saying no cockatoo's but.......no cockatoo's.
>>
>>2046418
Of you are looking for a challenge then you aren't a suitable caretaker desu. That's a horrible reason and you WILL get burned out.
>>
I did some googling on the subject and found this monstrosity of a forum with their terrible opinions.
>>
>>2046441
http://petskeepersguide.com/forums/Thread-What-pets-are-the-easiest-and-the-hardest-to-take-care-of

whoops forgot the link
>>
>>2046418
Leafy seadragons.
>>2046420 is right though.
>>
>>2046418
I would say either some sort of reptile or amphibian that needs certain climate control (chameleons are a common reptile that needs extensive care), or horses. Certain fish can be difficult too. I guess it depends on what you consider to be difficult and complicated.
>>
>>2046418
>I'm looking for a challenge.

Get a couple goldfish in a 60 gallon tank and have fun.
>>
>>2046455
What would happen? It's just goldfish. Like feeder fish?
>>
>>2046459
I hear goldfish get a foot+ in length
>>
>>2046459
>Dirtiest fish as far as waste goes
>Get huge
>Despite being 'hardy', are actually a pain in the ass just because of how dirty they are and how much care you need to put into the tank in order to make them happy, and are much better just being pond fish
>>
>>2046418
Sharks probably.
>>
You don't want the most complicated animals to keep, because you would not be able to do it right.
>>
>>2046418
Jellyfish.
Bonus points for them being brainless so when you inevitably fuck up with your horrible plan you aren't torturing animals too much.
>>
I don't think this is a good premise. There is a chance your efforts would fail and the animal would suffer. Most of those difficult ones are probably "lifestyle" choices, ie. you spend years studying and taking care of easier similar animals and then possibly make the move.
>>
>>2046444

>In my opinion, my hermit crab is the easiest and least expensive pet to take care of. It's actually not mine ... it belongs to one of my kids, but I guess the person who feeds it owns it. Smile His name is Steve, and he's actually kinda cute. He likes popcorn the best!

D-did she feed popcorn to a hermit crab??
>>
Dinosaurs, but mostly because you have to clone them first.
>>
>>2046441
>>2046444
Before I saw the link you posted, I thought you were referring to /an/.
>>
Blue whale
>>
>>2046418
Guinea pig
>>
File: manandwife.jpg (387KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
manandwife.jpg
387KB, 1620x1080px
>Objectively, what is the most difficult/complicated to care for animal that I can have as a pet?
>>
File: 14755_aliens.jpg (494KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
14755_aliens.jpg
494KB, 1920x1080px
An Alien can be kinda hard to look after desu
>>
>>2046447
Leafy seadragons aren't harder than a great white.
>>
>>2046501
>Jellyfish
This. They're kinda sensitive if I recall
>>
>>2046441
>>2049722
To be fair I've seen terrible opinions and advice here.

>>2046518
That actually doesn't sound bad. Hermit crabs are highly opportunistic omnivores and corn isn't a particularly dangerous food.

Land hermit crabs are probably still one of the most misunderstood and mistreated pets we have.
>>
File: 1440885610106.jpg (101KB, 450x311px) Image search: [Google]
1440885610106.jpg
101KB, 450x311px
>>2049884
>>
>>2046418
Taking care of a saltwater aquarium with corals or mangroves can be pretty challenging.
>>
>>2051837

Agreed with this in terms of common stuff in pet trade. Having cared for chameleons in the past, I think salt water aquariums are the more difficult. Chams are all initial setup; once you have everything in place and functioning the way it's supposed to, their day to day work load is not bad.

Large parrots are the most work. It's not hard, like technical, but they need time and dedication every day forever until the end of the universe.
>>
>>2046418
A human. Outliving is varied.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.