[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do animals like weed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 13

do animals like weed
>>
Some do, some don't.

Ruminants will graze on cannabis plants. I'm sure they sometimes do get high. The whole "you have to decarboxylate weed to get any effect" from it is wrong. There are active cannabinoids even in raw weed. If you don't believe me just eat 3, 4 grams of it yourself on an empty stomach and tell me you didn't get high. Spoiler alert, you will.

Disclaimer: In no way am I encouraging or condoning illegal activity of any kind.
>>
*DONT BLOW IT IN THEIR FACES
Animals dont take to being high like you do. If you surprise them with it they will be scared and paniky till they come down.
However if you have a cat cannabis is in the same family as catnip so they will try to eat it. Dogs will eat you stems(and whole nugs if you leave them out). When they do this they know they are getting high. Animals do like it but they are also really dumb and don't know their limit and getting them "baked" is borderline abuse because of how scared they can get.
>>
File: high husky.webm (3MB, 1138x640px) Image search: [Google]
high husky.webm
3MB, 1138x640px
>>
File: FB_IMG_1441169232634.jpg (12KB, 480x337px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1441169232634.jpg
12KB, 480x337px
>>2043688
Anon you truly have no idea what a shit storm you are about to cause
>>
>>2044018
he posted this 8 hours ago, it's not off to a great start.
>>
My cat did. Would come into the room whenever we would at we were gonna smoke, sat next to us, and let us blow it in his face.

He's dead now, though. Love you, Mr
Peppers.
>>
Fuck off and die you worthless potheads
>>
File: stoner rationale.png (109KB, 1000x846px) Image search: [Google]
stoner rationale.png
109KB, 1000x846px
>>
>>2043993
Is that dog going to be okay?
>>
>>2046422
He was back to normal after a day.
>>
>>2043688
Cannabis can cause lasting brain damage in cats and dogs, don't get your pets high you fucking idiots.
>>
>>2046728
My old roommate used to put her cat in an upside down rubbermaid container with a hole drill in the top. Then she would attach tubing to the hole and blow her hits directly in there, and let the cat sit in the smoke for a few minutes. The cat loved the shit out of it. Sometimes she'd just refuse to do it to, and she wouldnt force the cat to do it. Gotta say though, that cat was pretty fuckin dumb and uncoordinated, fell in my fish tank a few times.
>>
>>2046793
Because it had serious brain damage
That is legit animal abuse
>>
>>2046800
Yep, I'm sure it was. Told her not to, but not much I can do about it. Stupid bitch smoked to much weed anyways and failed right out of college.
>>
Eh, debatable. It's hard to give a proper dose though because it's practically unheard of right now to use on animals. However, I've seen some animals be ok if they don't ingest too much.

We had an old cat, bout 19 years old, that would sneak over and steal a fresh leaf or two when we were picking them off the plants. We tried not to let her near of course, but she would get a leaf maybe twice a year. After about an hour of eating it, she would get really frisky and run around like she was a kitten again. Usually she would walk real slow like it hurt, but those few times she ate the leaf, she seemed pretty damn happy to me. So I would say it's worth researching at the least.

On the flipside I've seen dogs get VERY sick off brownies if left unnatended, but that could be related to the massive amounts of cocao and not actually the weed.
>>
My cat doesn't like it when we smoke but she still hangs around when we do
>>
>>2046728

Evidence?
>>
>>2046949
Eating a normal brownie is bad enough
>>
>>2047685
http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/marijuana/
>>
>>2048418
evidence does not support claim
>>
i knew these people .. first time i went to their house my friend was like

>they have these cats that go in a bag and get high

wtf? i expected this to be the most abusive thing ever

they had one of those plastic bags with a zipper that blankets come in with a hose and literally as soon as weed started being smoked the two cats (siblings) went into the bag without being encouraged and waited to be zipped in.. they hotboxed for a while and opened the bag and casually walked out... it was fucking weird but didn't enrage me as i thought it would
>>
>>2046728

[citation needed]
>>
>>2043688
My friend got his dog high once.
Like really high
He pretty much forced shotgunned into the dog's nose.
We knew the dog got a good hit cuz it coughed a bunch of times for like 10 seconds.
And not like sneezing cuz it's nose got irritated. But coughed like the freshman who took his first hit cough
The dog just kept walking into a wall, turning around then walked into another wall
Kept doing this for like 5 minutes then just laid down.
I don't think he particularly liked it because he didn't come back for seconds after ti wore off.
>>
>>2046422
I mean. The worst danger the dog was in would probably be choking on its own tongue.
>>
>>2043993
Jesus Christ, that is fucking god awful. I've smoked weed with my dog around before. On occasion I even blow it toward her face. NOT "in" her face. It's totally her choice. When she knows I'm smoking she will come whine at the door to be let in. And whenever she has had enough she always gets up and goes to the door to be let out.

I've seen her get high a couple times, but never EVER to the degree that poor husky is. Whoever ever allowed that to happen is a total fucking douche canoe. And I hope that poor dog got taken away and given to a better home.
>>
File: 137523427144.jpg (119KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
137523427144.jpg
119KB, 600x444px
>ITT: dipshit stoners deliberately getting animals intoxicated
>"lol it's goood for him, maaaan"

It's fucking almsotalways a bad trip for dogs, guys. I mean look at this poor fuck
>>2043993
Plus, deliberately intoxicating your pets is considered animal abuse. My sister adopted a dog from some people who would get her high all the time, she's neurotic as fuck.
Don't do this shit.
>>
>>2048741
lolololololololololololololololololol
>>
>>2043993
I've had a couple bad highs that this dog reminds me of.

Too much of a high when you aren't expecting it can cause you to panic so hard you start losing motor control and that just makes the high so much worse.

That dog must have been given way too much. Smaller bodies need smaller doses.

I would never get my animals high unless MAYBE if they were on their last legs and won't eat anything.

THC is confirmed for perking up a dog/cats appetite, but that would be the only reason.
>>
>>2048877
Yea and locking your animal up on a chain and never interacting with it isn't considered animal abuse as long as you feed and water it.

Basing your opinions on written law is one of the most retarded things you can do.

Not that I endorse giving toxins to animals for fun at all.
>>
File: 20150304_164232.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20150304_164232.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>2048875
I used to live in an apartment complex and my washer dryer room was on the patio. Well I have a germ shep/coyote mix and she's very skittish and shy of new people and anyone in general.
But when she'd see me going into the closet with a bunch of friends she was always the first on there, she'd lay down in the center of all us while we formed a circle around her and she loved being in there, we'd never blow in her face.
But I swear when we went in to do laundry she was there, when I went to smoke she was there, when me and my friends would smoke she was there.
The pup I'm talking about is on the right.
>>
>>2048877
>thinks you trip on weed
well shit, billyboy, why should anyone take advice from someone that's never even tried the stuff?
>>
File: bait.jpg (2KB, 160x90px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
2KB, 160x90px
>>2043688
Please can we not.
>>
>>2048959
>>2048875
>>2048741

Its pretty scummy to let your pets get high with you, even more so to deliberately do it to them, but most of the harm is going to be done by inhaling the smoke. Dogs have quite sensitive lungs, you could be doing lasting damage. Just being in the same room as a regular smoker is bad for both animals and other people, I really, really suggest you stop.

>>2043993
Fuck me thats awful.

>>2048877
This. I mean its not hard to understand the concept of "keep it to yourself".
>>
>>2048493
wow
>>
File: refer-madness.jpg (135KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
refer-madness.jpg
135KB, 1600x600px
>>2048999
It's so much fun watching the children that have never smoked it before get bent out of shape though.
>>
>>2049016
My dog actively wanted to participate.
Her completely losing all fear or being too close to someone, just to be in the center of everyone laying on the floor proved that.
I didn't go out of my way to get her high, he went of her way to get high.
It doesn't happen anymore though, we have a house now and we never blew into her face to begin with, so it doesn't happen now.
>>
>>2049021
Its really not.

>>2049022
Animals enjoy all sorts of dumb shit, that dosen't mean you should let them. My cat got in to an entire bag of popcorn then had the shits allover the living room carpet, I didn't then keep giving it to her just because she liked it. I'm glad to hear its something that no longer happens, but it wasn't a great idea to begin with.
>>
>>2049027
>Its really not
we're laughing at you, not with you.
>>
>>2049030
O butt, you best calm down now m8.
>>
>>2049035
tell me more about how smoking weed causes permanent brain and lung damage.

and how dog lungs are so much more sensitive than human ones.
>>
>>2049037
I'd really rather not my freind, sorry. Glad you still think stoner threads are funny though, its the little things in life I guess.
>>
>>2043688
my dog is a girl and i guess that's the reason she doesn't like it
>>
>>2049042
>stoner
lol
It's like listening to a virgin lecture on the proper treatment of "vaginas."

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, but you sure have a strong opinion about it! So much energy, so much ignorance.
>>
>>2048875
The lil nigger found some pot brownies and ate them
>>
Blowing weed in an pet's face is similar to blowing it into a child's face. They don't know what they are doing or what's going on. Don't subject them to do. I would be pissed if anyone blew smoke into my face.
>>
>>2049049
Yup. You got it, clueless ignorant virgin. Oh wait, thought were talking about you there for a second lol.
>>
>>2048987
>thinks you can't trip on marijuana

I got uber paranoid that I was eating the inside of my own mouth while I was eating chips. Dunno what else you would call that.
Lotta stoners don't seem to get that people/animals react to marijuana differently. not everyone just experiences a pleasant high/munchies. You people are like fucking vegans with that, trying to push it on everyone.
>>
http://www.petmd.com/dog/chocolate-toxicity?mobi_bypass=true

Not claiming this is proof, but I grew up in mendocino county, and every dog I've ever seen eat pot brownies displayed these symptoms. Our one dog that just straight ate a can of buds that was left sitting out went into almost a coma state for almost,a week and we had to wake him up to eat and drink, and carry him outside to go to the bathroom. So definitely think it needs more research, and I think people should take their dogs into the emergency vets if they act like:
>>2043993

Because more than likely they overdosed on chocolate and neet treatment.
>>
>>2049214
chocolate doesn't make dogs act like that, dude
>>
>>2049214
eating pot will straight up kill a dog or cat. They can easily get a fatal dose by eating it.

it's impossible for them to get a fatal dose from smoke.

exactly the same as with humans.
>>
>>2049274
That's bullshit
My brother has a dog that weights less than 5 pounds and ate an 8th of weed and was perfectly find the same day
>>
My ex had a cat, that when you smoked weed, wouldn't stop meowing at the door and sit right in front of you.

When you would blow it in her face she would just sit there and take it all in with this expression that i can only describe as "woah dude im just a cat but im baked as fuck."

I think it basically comes down to your animals personality, same as people. Some people smoke weed and hate it and others it agrees with their brain chemistry. Much the same for other animals.
>>
>>2049274
Do you have any evidence to back this claim?
>>
>>2049572
>Do you have any evidence to back this claim?
the entire body of literature and data on pets killed by weed backs this claim.

there are thousands of cases of death every year from ingesting weed.

there are zero cases ever of death from smoking it.
>>
>>2049593
>there are thousands of cases of death every year from ingesting weed.
when it says ingested weed, does it mean ingested bud or weed used in the making of an edible (the edible being what the pet eat)?
>>
>>2049637
I was counting both. All forms of ingested weed including oil and oil infused edibles.

there are plenty of cases of all types killing pets.
>>
>>2049643
damn, are there any common, or uncommon, pets that are relatively safe around pot?
>>
>>2049647
no. fish maybe.

Is it that hard to make sure your pets don't eat your stash? That stuff is expensive, and so are pets. if I smoked I'd make damn sure my pets wouldn't eat it.
>>
>>2049658
>Is it that hard to make sure your pets don't eat your stash?
oh I don't have any problems with this, I usually smoke outside. my animals already flea from candles and the fireplace so they clearly don't want anything to do with smoke. I was just wondering how dangerous this stuff is for them.
>>
Friend of mine gave half a pot brownie to my dog once and ever since she started to bug me when I'm smoking/having edibles lying around.

She just seemed super sleepy and dopey when she got high but apparently she'd like to repeat it.
>>
>>2043688
Dogs evolved along side us, so my bet is they probably smoked with us too. It also helps with arthritis when they are old.
>>
>>2050318
my 2 year old border collie does exactly the same thing when me/my friends are smoking pot as well, guess it's all due to personality.
>>
stop poisoning your pets you pieces of shit
>>
>>2050861
This, seriously fuck 90% of the people in this thread, can't believe you consider yourselves responsible pet owners fucking degenerates
>>
>>2046728
This.
Who knows? Your cat or dog could one day cure cancer or become president of the United States!
>>
>>2050318
good job double poisoning your dog with cocoa and weed
>>
>>2043993
I smoke and I'm a man and this made me almost cry ;_;

Sleep tight husker
>>
>>2049116
I'm saying, if they're gonna do it let them hit that shit in a gas mask no stale hits bro.
>>
>>2049193
I think you may just be a dumbass, or may have never smoked weed.
>>
>>2043688
i wouldn't recommend you smoke weed on your animal, it's not that your dog or whatever will die, it'll just get addicted.
mine bunny when i first got her three years ago i lived in a one roomed apartment, so because i smoked she got addicted, when i moved to a bigger place she would come and sit with me when i smoked because she was addicted as i was myself.
i moved again to an even bigger apartment and then choose to separate her so she could stop, i then stopped smoking myself.
she was very very annoyed the first month, but now after a year she's fine and so am i.
and i've learned that i will never smoke weed again especially when i have a animal around
>>
>>2051965
marijuana is non addictive. I think you were smoking crack.
>>
http://www.alternet.org/drugs/can-marijuana-kill-your-dog
I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>2051967
are you fucking kidding me?
when i say weed i'm talking about hash, and yes you can get addicted?
>>
>>2051967
when you stop smoking you will start sweating like shit, and the first week you'll have trouble concentrating and be restless, that is addiction, it's not as bad as hardcore drugs but you can get addicted
>>
>>2051972
it's the same addiction as a fat person has to soda.>>2051971
weed is in no way PHYSICALLY addicting. You DO NOT, have withdrawal symptoms.
Its why a pothead who smokes every day for
years can say " eh" and quit.
>>
>>2051978
can i ask you about where you have your info from?

just like when a person stops smoking cigarets you have withdrawal symptoms, and as you said yourself a person addicted to soda, that is called sugar addiction and you'll also feel like shit when you stop consuming the amount of sugar you normally got. it's not as bad as hardcore drugs, but that doesn't make it non addictive
you'll be restless, have concentration problems and generally feel bad for a week or two when you stop smoking weed, cigarets, stop drinking large amounts of soda and so on .
that is an addiction
>>
>>2051980
most popular news is going to try to tell you it's addictive or that it's the gateway drug. It's bullshit bro weed has never been proven to be physically addicting.
http://www.hightimes.com/read/what-marijuana-addiction
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_dependence#cite_note-Gordon2013-1
"Although physical dependency has not been proven"
There is no physical addiction, mental sure, just as a fatty can't kick the sweets or bodybuilder has to pump iron. but it's not like nicotine, or crack, or some shit that will fuck you up and give you actual withdrawals.
>>
>>2051987
I took psychology.
It's not like cigarettes, which have Nicotine in them, a highly addictive substance... -_-
>>
>>2051987
There is a difference between Physical and mental addiction. Yes it can be hard to quit something that you do a lot, but that doesn't inherently make it addictive. Cocaine is addictive, when you do it you want more, you need more, once you stop taking it you immediately feel like shit and your body suffers from actual withdrawals that can put you in a hospital. Weed doesn't do this, sure through positive reinforcement you don't want to stop, but nothing will happen if you do. You won't start vomiting or go into shock. I smoked for 2 years daily multiple times, had to stop for an upcoming job, so I did. no repurcussions other than thinking " damn too bad I can't smoke, oh well"
>>
>>2051993
are you kidding me? you took psychology, are you and educated psychologist?
are you an expert in the area of drug addiction and have been a part of experiments that "prove" marijuana isn't addictive?

and soda contains sugar which are highly addictive as well, and you know weed contains Thc which is a chemical we don't really know much about, but it's illegal excavate because it's addictive.

as i said maybe the withdrawal symptoms aren't as bad as with hardcore drugs, but that doesn't make them non existence.

you don't even give me an argument for why it's not addictive, you just say it's not.
i come with evidence to why it is.
>>
>>2052002
i will agree with you that it isn't as physical addictive as hardcore drugs, but when you stop smoking cigarets and stop drinking soda you won't be so sick it can put you in a hospital. and you should know two years are nothing, compared to people who have smoked their whole life.
just because it's more mentally addictive that psychical doesn't mean it isn't addictive at all
>>
>>2052002
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-addictive
>>
>>2052005
No you fucking moron can you read. I said I took psychology I'm not an M.D. There aren't withdrawal symptoms, because it isn't physically addicting, it doesn't alter normal brain function it doesn't fuck up your receptors or anything like that.
>>2052006
Cigarettes are addictive so your argument is invalid.
You guys obviously don't understand the concept of addiction. ANYthing can be considered psychologically addicting, taking a walk, eating pizza, mouthwash, watching tv. To be physically addicting means that you will suffer when you stop use. WEED DOESN'T DO THAT. Just in the same way as no one has ever died from weed, no ones ever become physically addicted because their isn't any change. You can literally read this in any textbook, The only people who could claim to be addicted to marijuana are only psychologically dependent. That's like saying fast food is addictive because certain fatasses can't live without their mcdoubles and that is complete horseshit..
>>
>>2052020
read the link >>2052009
in case you don't want to read the link it's from the national institute of drug abuse and here is a quote
"Marijuana addiction is linked to a mild withdrawal syndrome. Frequent marijuana users often report irritability, mood and sleep difficulties, decreased appetite, cravings, restlessness, and/or various forms of physical discomfort that peak within the first week after quitting and last up to 2 weeks"
you idiot.
i'm sorry you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>2052020
you know you can get a psychosis from smoking weed right?
>>
Let me explain this in the simplest way I can, anything can become an addiction, but not everything is addictive. Weed fits into the first category with any other habit. cocaine, heroine, prescriptions, cigarettes, all fit into the latter. They cause a physical change in your body, while any other habit can become an addiction, a normal person will not become addicted to them. I'm not going to make sure that I drink smoothies everyday, where someone might be addicted to having a smoothie every day but could stop without repercussion . ON THE OTHER HAND If I took a line of coke right now, I would want to do another one, if I did this often and tried to quit, my body would literally fuck me, I would have the shits, I would puke, sweat, fever, etc. etc.
>>2052029
and that is just based on people CLAIMING an addiction, show me any scientific proof that there are physical dependencies. There aren't you fucking idiot.
>>
>>2052031
psychosis is in no way related to the topic. You know you can get sunburns at night? Fucking genius
>>
>>2052029
There have been 0 studies and 0 credible information that, that is true in any way, I posted two links discussing that.
>>
>>2052033
>>2052034
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ending-addiction-good/201404/studies-show-long-term-effects-cannabis-the-brain

you simply won't accept it's addictive, i don't know where you're from but seriously whatever you've been thought is wrong
i don't care if you can't see it yourself, and are basing your stupidity on "HU I DIDN'T FEEL SHIT WHEN I STOPPED"
>>
>>2052035
>>2052034
"So let’s revisit our two questions. Is marijuana addictive? Yes, and a real, visible change in the brain’s reward system. And is marijuana safe? No, and the younger you start or the more you use over time, the more dangerous it is to your brain. Whether or not you believe recreational marijuana should be legal, it’s time to admit its power as a dangerous, addictive drug."

this is another quote from >>2052039
the link in this post, you should really learn to read.

i can present as many facts as i want to, but you're just the type who can't admit when you're wrong

you have still not shown me any proof to why it isn't addictive.
>>
>>2052035
>>2052034
http://mcwell.nd.edu/your-well-being/physical-well-being/drugs/marijuana-or-cannabis-sativa/quitting-marijuana-a-30-day-self-help-guide/myths-and-current-research/

i can link more if you want retard.
>>
>>2052043
by broad enough standards EVERYTHING fun is addictive, and NOTHING is safe.

that's why we need stats, to tell us HOW addictive, and HOW unsafe.

if it's as addictive as remote control trucks and as dangerous as watching television, there's not much to worry about, is there?
>>
>>2052035
>>2052034
http://www.ibtimes.com/marijuana-addictive-causes-withdrawal-study-796751
>>
>>2052039
No, the basis of my argument is that you do not(and can not) develop a dependency on weed. You don't 'need' weed and can easily quit wheras even alcohol withdrawal can KILL you. You're a fucking moron. I'm not saying it can't be addictive, I'm saying that if 100000 people smoked weed right now, even for years, and then all of a sudden it was gone, nothing would change. I know for a fact now that you're a fucking moron because the amygdala would react to any positive outcome of doing something because it is the fucking reward center of your brain. you're trying to claim what I already fucking stated you rock. your amygdala will also react to eating sugary food, exercise, etc. it's how positive reinforcement works. you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>2052046
please just stop yourself.
you claimed no studies have been done, well here's the proof.
i don't really care that you're a retard but seriously will you please stop acting like your ego is ruined because you're wrong.
can't you just accept you don't everything and that there's still stuff for you to learn
>>
>>2052049
but when you stop smoking cigarets you don't die, and you still call that addictive.
will you please stop
>>
>>2052049
that is not what we talk about in the beginning, you kept stating that weed wasn't addictive and i said it was.
i'm sorry but you're a retard.

try to read what you wrote before, you have a hard time being wrong
>>
>>2052052
You're a dope, studies have not found a PHYSICAL ADDICTION RELATED TO WEED. They haven't I can 12308912308129% positively tell you this. That's proof that you can become addicted in the same way you could become addicted TO ANY POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT.
>>2052053
But, it can take months even years to quit cigerettes, NOT because a lack of willpower, but because niccotine makes your body feel like shit for not smoking cigarettes. I didn't say you die from everything addictive.
>>
>>2052053
>when you stop smoking cigarets you don't die
suicide rates go up considerably during the withdrawl period.
>>
>>2052055
It's as addictive as money, habits, food.
Everything can become an addiction in some form, but that doesn't inherently make it ADDICTIVE.
The reason certain drugs and chemicals are addictive (Xanax, cocaine, heroine, niccotine) Are the fact that you develop a dependency for said substance to function normally. weed isn't in this classification. shut the fuck up and learn something.
>>
>>2052059
i never fucking said your body can't live without weed, but it doesn't make it fucking less addictive
read the links retard.

you stated that because weed doesn't make you sick as hardcore drugs and alcohol it wasn't addictive, and i said there is withdrawal symptoms when you stop smoking weed, and i have found at least three studies that support what i'm saying
and you just keep saying it isn't addictive
>>
>>2052062
>>2052061
>>2052059

repeating yourself doesn't make you right, weed is addictive i don't care if we talk psychical or mental, but you'll still be addicted when exposed to it over time, just like fucking sugar and other addictive stuff.
you still have withdrawal symptoms when you stop, and will still feel sick/ bad.
just because your body can live without it doesn't make it less addictive
>>
>>2052063
>it doesn't make it fucking less addictive
different person here.

I've smoked tobacco for over 20 years and I've smoked weed for about a decade. I've quit both.

only one of them is actually addictive. If you disagree I urge you to smoke cigarettes for a year and then see what it feels like to stop.

weed is about as addictive as cake. tobacco is about as addictive as heroine. One is easier to quit than the other.
>>
File: 121234578897.gif (743KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
121234578897.gif
743KB, 853x480px
>>2051958
>your experience is not identical to mine so you must be full of shit
>>
>>2052069
i have smoked both and have quit smoking both.
i agree that with cigarets you feel worse, but it doesn't mean that weed isn't addictive, i had two weeks where i felt like shit after i stopped smoking weed.
i had three months where i felt like shit when i stopped smoking cigarets.

but just because you don't get as sick doesn't make it non addictive
>>
>>2052069
i also know someone who didn't feel a thing when he stopped smoking cigarets, but when he stopped smoking weed he became a walking sauna who was very very restless
and walking hulk for at least a week

so it really depends
>>
>>2052069
You're not grasping what I'm trying to say..
Anything that is done repeatedly for a positive outcome can be addiction, this could be fucking drawing for fucks sake. BUT to be ADDICTIVE you would have to develop dependency's that make your body actually need it. AS I SAID ALREADY smoking weed could become an addiction for someone who enjoys getting high, BUT IT ISN'T ADDICTIVE YOU DON'T DEVELOP A DEPENDENCY FOR THC OR ANY PART OF IT.
>>
>>2052074
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/addiction

here is a definition of addiction
so weed is addictive.
>>
>>2052074
and i'm sorry i'm not grasping what you're saying it's just that you didn't say that in the beginning you just stated that weed isn't addictive and i keep throwing links and facts to prove you wrong.
and you just keep denying
>>
>>2052081
>>2052080
what I'm saying is any average joe can smoke a blunt and never have any second thought about smoking weed again, whereas someone doing an addictive substance (coke, alcohol, yada yada) will feel a desire to do it again. this is why people can smoke weed once, or everyday and stop cold turkey like nothing happened. whereas someone who has been abusing substances regularly can't just stop, not because a lack of willpower but, because they actually need it to function.
>>
>>2052091
That was not what you said in the beginning.
an average joe can also take cocaine once without wanting to take it again.
it doesn't make weed less addictive, and as i keep saying weed is addictive, no matter what you say.
>>
>>2052096
read this
>>2052046
It's not physically adictive, you don't develop dependency, your only withdrawals of even regular use are just "damn wish I could smoke a bowl" where if weed was physically addicting you would have drawbacks from stopping
>>
>>2052091
i have now presented four links that support my claim that weed is addictive and that you'll have withdrawal symptoms when stopping, and one link to the definition of addiction to support my claim as well.

but as lucky as you are this is an anonymous image-board/site so you can choose to just bail the thread when you are proven wrong, instead of just admitting it, without losing face because nobody knows you, yay the internet.
>>
>>2052117
oh god read the links, i have proven that there are withdrawal symptoms as restlessness, sleep problems, aggression, loss in appetite and so on.
so you can't say there isn't any physical symptoms, there is
>>
>>2052123
nope not tested
>>
>>2052130
okay you are a troll
10/10 for making me response this long

have a wonderful night
>>
>>2052117
Oh my god you're an idiot. It is not AS addictive as most other drugs, and much of it depends on you're personality, bit your body DOES build a mild dependance on it when using it every day, in the same way that you can get a dependance from drinking coffee everyday. Yes, it is a much safer drug, but EVERYTHING can be bad for you if misused, or over used. And there is also a large correlation to if you used something regularly when you were young and your brain and body were still developing. I see this quite obviously with myself and my fiance, he smoked a lot of weed all througout his teenage years and has a hard time without it, bit he CAN go without and feel fine after a while, it's just more difficult for him than most people. I didn't do anything till I was nineteen and don't have nearly as much of a problem without weed, but if I have been smoking large amounts for a long period of time, this:
>>2052123
Happens for a few days and I get over it. It IS also possible to have too much weed which can lead to stomach problems, nausea, and feeling like a hot shower is the only way to help it.

Please don't be one of those idiots that thinks weed is a magic cure all drug.

It's a great drug, but just like everything else in the world, there are healthy and unhealthy limits.
>>
>>2052132
but u still wrong.
>>2052139
u dumb, caffeine is addictive u twat. why do you think you feel "groggy" without a cup or two of joe. it doesn't build dependence because you only naturally produce minute amounts of thc. and I never said anything about smokin a pound a day yo.
>>
when i used to vape i would get my dog a little stoned.. i couldnt keep him away from it, he'd always get in my face and try to eat my weed too

he'd pretty much just chill out super hard and was more personable than usual when he was high, enjoyed it as far as i could tell for awhile.

definitely wasn't something i did regularly, i would usually shoo him out... but as soon as i pulled out weed and started vaping he'd be at my door wanting in. it's probably like humans.. some people react to it well and others can't tolerate it in the slightest

i haven't smoked in over a year and i'm kinda past the whole weed thing but yea, my dog seemed to like it quite a bit. was definitely nothing like
>>2043993
that poor thing just looks miserable...
>>
File: 1433676213782.jpg (999KB, 2048x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1433676213782.jpg
999KB, 2048x1493px
>>2052234
You just repeated EVERYTHING in my point, but in a much stupider manner.
>>
>>2052976
>>2052234
both of you are retards.
we found the definition of addiction and the definition states that weed is addictive.
we even provided a ton of links to studies that show how weed is addictive.
so no we're not wrong you are
>>
>>2053496
Who you talking to? I was saying it IS addictive to an extent.
>>
>>2053500
you wrote i was wrong?
i was the one who meant it was addictive
>>
>>2053501
Oh sorry you quoted me in that one, we were both arguing with the idiot that thinks weed has absolutely no addictive side effects. I was trying to say that yes, it does, just not to the extent that more harmful drugs have. It's more in line with coffee as far as addictive-ness.
>>
>>2043993
I'm guessing that dog is high on painkillers after going to the vet so don't worry guys.
>>
>>2046728
Source?
>>
Why is this thread still here

hey, bugguy, could cannabis be used to relieve pain experienced by pets?
>>
>>2043993

It's not high you dipshits. Huskies are prone to seizures.
>>
If you're stupid enough to use drugs, at least have the decency to leave other people/pets/things alone, you degenerate pieces of rotten scum
>>
my betta got high a few times I think
>>
Jesus! People give weed to their pets!?

>2016
>people still smoke something so dangerous and addictive
>Ignoring all those OD cases cuz hurrrr it won't happen to me
>then going as far to give it to their dogs whose am alergic

Junkies are and always will be retarded
>>
>>2053770
OD?
i agree that it's addictive, but you can't OD on weed...
you can go crazy, but you have to be sorta unstable already to do that.
i'm not saying you should give your animal it, but it's not a drug you can OD on.
worst case scenario is you choking to death
>>
>>2053734
it is a side effect of weed though, that is not a seizure
>>
File: 1367983494502.jpg (34KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
1367983494502.jpg
34KB, 500x387px
>>2054347
I'm pretty sure he's making fun of you and people like you that think it's addictive.
>>
File: 1407949156676.gif (1017KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1407949156676.gif
1017KB, 200x200px
>>2054350
>>
5* thread
>>
>>2054347
Habit forming is different than addictive. Alcohol and opiates are habit forming and addictive. The addiction and the withdrawals are deadly, and full of things like seizures. Totally different story.
>>
>>2043690
Autism, the post.
>>
>>2054350
Weed is quite addictive. Not as Much as most things classified as restricted drugs, but still.
>>
>>2055684
Its literally impossible to become addicted to THC because it doesn't have any of those properties. However you can become addicted to the huge amount of serotonin your brain releases in response. You can also remove the weed and just do something like exercise vigorously for the same response. Its the action, the habit of doing something positive that reinforces the "addiction"
>>
>>2043993
If there was audio and you heard a lightning storm in the background no one would be shitting on this post.
>>
>>2043993
I used to smoke with my dog quite often and he never ever looked like that.
don't do it again man
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.