[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just a friendly reminder to: Always adopt dogs and cats from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: 20160118_142432.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160118_142432.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
Just a friendly reminder to:
Always adopt dogs and cats from shelters.
Always spay and neutere dogs and cats
Always donate your time, money, and extra supplies to shelters (especially small, local, no kill shelters!)
I did 32 hours this 4 day weekend and had fun with lots of dogs.
This is Happy Pappy, he is 2 years old and a snuggly ball of fun. He loves squirrels, squeaky toys, and kongs filled with peanut butter.
>>
File: 20160118_145320.jpg (4MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160118_145320.jpg
4MB, 3984x2988px
This is lilannie, and she is an escape artist.
Very energetic puppy with big paws!
But she only messes her cage overnight and it's not very much!
>>
File: 20160118_172803.jpg (4MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160118_172803.jpg
4MB, 3984x2988px
This is a new puppy that came in a few days ago with two others.
Her brother Joshua got adopted instantly, and is waiting to go home. (He doesn't make a mess of his cage!)
Her other brother is in surgery because he was sick and vomiting everywhere. (Yuk!)
>>
File: 20160119_062142.jpg (4MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160119_062142.jpg
4MB, 3984x2988px
And this is my own 4 year old dog from Aspen animal shelter.
She has problems with jumping up >:<

Does anyone else voulenteer or have any funny stories or cute dogs?
>>
Cute dogs, OP!

I don't have any stories, but I've been a long-time cat owner. I got my cat from a shelter as a kitten, but now I'm looking into getting a dog. I'd love to adopt from a shelter, but my local shelter does a shit job of cat-testing the dogs. They think that if they run a dog past a feral cat colony and it doesn't react, then it's okay with cats. I'm sticking to rescues.

I like medium to large-sized dogs, but I live in an apartment, sadly. Do you recommend any dogs that tend to be good in apartments?
>>
I always rescue my cats, as a cat is a cat is a cat, but I prefer not to get my dogs from a shelter, and the adopt don't shop rhetoric can actually be harmful, especially if you end up with a dog not at all suited to you or your lifestyle which results in the dog going back to the shelter.

I prefer to get a dog from a reputable breeder, where I have known quantities for health and temperament, and a guarantee.
>>
File: 20160119_062145.jpg (4MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160119_062145.jpg
4MB, 3984x2988px
>>2041788
Dogs are always hard to judge for apartments, many returns happen because they are "too much dog" or "got too big"; I would reccomend an older dog, one that you can control rather than a puppy.
So a mutt of a medium and small dog or a small dog.

Always look at their paws and how disproportionate they are to their head to gage their size.
>>2041820
It is much better to adopt, even if you're going to have to return the dog. It gives good socialization and even gives us more information about the dog and how they react in new environments. There is always counseling available and adoption counselors make sure to go over everything they can think of.
>>
File: IMG_3300.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3300.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2041708
looks like my puppy dog
>>
>>2041788
https://youtu.be/XRzxnWxNdpk
>>
I adopted both my dogs from the shelter no problem. Too many people get caught up in "I want x breed because then my dog will be y" when that's not how it works. Each dog is diffrent, and there are variations even in dogs of the same breed. It's about as much time to go to the shelter, tell the employees what you're looking for, and then spend time with the dogs they recommend than to go to a breeder and ask for the same thing. Either way you're going to put time and effort into getting to know the dog you're going to be bringing into your house.
>>
>>2041820
>the adopt don't shop rhetoric can actually be harmful, especially if you end up with a dog not at all suited to you or your lifestyle
this really does not happen if you don't just get whichever dog first catches your attention
>>
>>2041788
just go to the shelter and ask which ones are ok for apartments. when ours does behavior assessments on dogs, we put yes or no for them being apartment dogs. the things that decide this are usually how vocal they are, how much exercise they need/if they need a fenced yard, and if they're okay with other dogs and/or are leash reactive.
>>
File: 20160118_145239.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160118_145239.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>2042019
:3
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.