[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there such thing a quiet chihuahuas? can you train their anxious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: a9Md78K_700b.jpg (68KB, 621x485px) Image search: [Google]
a9Md78K_700b.jpg
68KB, 621x485px
is there such thing a quiet chihuahuas?
can you train their anxious personality out?

i want to get a small dog,
i dont have any experiences with small dogs (ive had a pitbull/great dane mix and several samoyed in the past)

any recommendations?
>>
It's possible but you have to take the time to train them well
>>
I have a chihuahua mix (most prominently with beagle, another "vocal" breed), and she's incredibly quiet, I never even heard her bark until I'd had her for a few weeks. She did howl a little her first night away from her old home, but besides that, nothing. She whines to communicate things like hunger and needing to go outside, though.
>>
>>2041452
shih tzus are really quiet. mine was sweet and loyal but stubborn as heck. if i get a real small dog I'd go with mini poodles... they're healthy and really smart! i don't think they're very cute tho.
>>
>>2041452
I have a rescue chihuahua and she is very quiet. But so am I and I have always had well trained dogs. Consistency is key with kids and dogs.
>>
Rat Terriers are awesom dogs.
- willing to please
- medium activity level
- easily trainedo
- intelligent
- easy to care for coat
- good with other pets and dogs
- low/med shedding
- 15-25 lbs
- comes in a rainbow of colors.

No breed is perfect. Rat Terriers do have some negative qualities.

- can be needy/clingy
- needs mental and physical stimulation daily
- luxating patella is not uncommon
- popular breed do finding a good breeder is a must
>>
Kiko, of Kikopup fame, is a Chihuahua

The breed is not an excuse to ignore training
>>
>>2041452
What energy level are you looking for? What temperament are you looking for?
There's a lot more than just BYB chihuahuas, you know. There's many small dog breeds with a variety of temperaments.
>>
>>2041452
If you don't baby them they act like normal dogs
>>
File: 20160121_210058.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20160121_210058.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>2041452
I have 4 chihuahuas one is right next to me now. Only one barks. And one other growls but ONLY when we get a package in the mail. Chihuahuas are great dogs. Depends on personality either way.
>>
>>2043167
I used to have pit bulls but now chihuahuas both are my favorite
>>
File: 20160121_210940.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20160121_210940.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.