[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raccoon dogs - growing problem in Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Jenot-25.jpg (83KB, 588x398px) Image search: [Google]
Jenot-25.jpg
83KB, 588x398px
Raccoon dog aka jenotskaja sobaka aka tanuki is cute fluffy piece of cancer which is spreading all over eastern Europe.
It all began when Russians thought it's nice idea to move these fluffballs out of Far East so they'd get better quality fur. They thought, they did - and now these furry creatures quickly spread thanks to:
-Living in the night
-Staying far away from humans
-6 to 8 cubs every year (might be even 15!)
-No natural enemies (wolves hunt them but these are only in the mountains)
-Ecoterrorists which told ppl who buy furry coats are evil, support animal cruelty etc (thanks fags, now nobody wants to hunt tanukis)
It's one of invasive species so it compete well with local foxes & badgers, it also is dangerous for birds living near water as it's hunting for hatchlings.
Various governments fight with raccoon dogs, but it's not too successful as jenots are reported to spread west, including west Germany and Italy.
Thanks a lot, Russia.
>>
there so cute tho
>>
>>2036937
I didn't understand a single fucking thing in your post.
>>
>>2036937
Shoot filthy rusdian trash
>>
>>2036937
trapping season, free fur for the taking problem solved
>>
I can't imagine the Russians would want more Japanese anything. And the only thing that leaves Russia is dangerous ideology.
>>
so fucking cute
>>
>>2036963
And Russians.
Which are barred from Hell due go last time bar fight.
>>
>>2036948
Invasive species are bad m'kay.
>>
>>2036937
tanukis are adorable and you should welcome them with love
>>
>competes with foxes and badgers
Two incredibly common animals that won't disappear? It's an invasive species but they don't seem to be making much of an impact aside from a little competition. I doubt they hurt ground-nesting birds anymore than any of the other carnivores.
>>
>>2037163
i think so too,
they are slower and comfier than foxes and badgers and more omnivore than foxes.
the only danger is that they might carry CDV.

>>2036959
the quality of the fur is not good in middle europe so hunters mostly just bury them.
it's the same with red fox and i think it's just a terrible waste and stupid to hunt them.
>>
>jenotskaja sobaka
Jenotovidnaya sobaka
>In several widely publicized incidents, clothing advertised and sold as having synthetic faux fur, were documented as actually containing real fur from raccoon dogs.
kek
>>
What animal class/kingdom are these guys? I have never heard of them.
>>
I like how the attitude with raccoon dogs was:
>aborable fluffy precious ball of cuteness
And as soon as they become a problem it's
>"cute fluffy piece of cancer"

I mean I would hope someone does something about it but it's not like the animal is suddenly the scum of the earth just because it's in a different place doing the same thing it always has.
>>
>>2037950
canidae
>>
>>2037958
it does the same thing it always has but the environment is not capable towards this behavior in some cases.
>no natural enemies, population will grow until there is no food left
>carries diseases that they are immune to but will wipe out other species like American crayfish in Europe
>is far superior to prey; like cats to flightless birds on some islands
>>
I want to find a friendly one to rub on my face.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.