[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

newfag on /an/ here are the pitbulls the meme of this board?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

File: images (21).jpg (23KB, 399x267px) Image search: [Google]
images (21).jpg
23KB, 399x267px
newfag on /an/ here
are the pitbulls the meme of this board?
>>
Nah
Saying every breeder is a BYB is one
>>
one of many
>>
/an/ is pretty split on them. Many people here have one or love them, but they don't talk about them much due to shitposting. Same with outdoor/indoor cats, now that's a meme.
>>
>>2035727
No, outdoor cats are an intentional assault on wildlife by shitty owners.
>>
>>2035730
Does a bell collar fix that at all? Or is that just a 'meme'
>>
no it's just one guy making threads repeatedly to try and get people to agree with his shitposting. he did on r9k too for a while
>>
>>2035688
There's a big difference between a guy desperately trying to force a meme and an actual meme.
>>
Outdoor/Indoor cat shit is way worse.
>>
>>2035734
Cats learn to move with causing the bell to ring, or so I've heard.
>>
>>2035688
If you wan a meme talk about animal sentience and watch our resident shitposting Dutchmango nuts.
>>
>>2035735
>patronizing /r9k/
>>>/out/
>>
File: Mango.jpg (84KB, 1012x675px) Image search: [Google]
Mango.jpg
84KB, 1012x675px
>>2035782
>Dutchmango
>>
File: gin 5.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
gin 5.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>2035781
>Cats learn to move with causing the bell to ring, or so I've heard
This is some Bugguy tier stupidity.
>>
>>2035795
Sorry, I need sleep.
>>
File: pol.jpg (624KB, 1000x767px) Image search: [Google]
pol.jpg
624KB, 1000x767px
>>2035792
it's better than you stupid /pol/ bastards.
>>
>>2035734
cats can and do easily hunt with a bell collar
>>
>>2035798
>>2035781
Typo meant to say without, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>2035792
Don't fucking send him to /out/. Those /r9k/ fags have already shitted the place up with their MGTOW nonsense.
>>
>>2035792
>>2035808
I feel so bad for /out/. Everyone sends people there. I've never been there but whatever shit they get, they didn't deserve this.
>>
File: 1452092350104.jpg (176KB, 989x668px) Image search: [Google]
1452092350104.jpg
176KB, 989x668px
I had friends asking about /an/ too.

It is not like the other boards

/an/ is not elitist, no "tiers" bullshit

It doesnt even have memes. Maybe little one or two repetitive jokes but no real "memes"

It has more women than men

It is mostly people talking about a common interest. Arguing can occur.

>bugguy

/an/ is a light and interesting board, you can learn a lot
>>
>>2035828
oh Good, being an oldfag on news/pol makes you tiring you know?
thanks for the kick start lad.
>>
>>2035798

No, its basic hunting stlye for cats. They dont jangle around like a dog with the bell going crazy. They hide and wait. The only time prey would hear the bell is when the cat is literally on top of them
>>
>>2035830
/pol/ is heavy yea it makes you tired
>>
>>2035828
Bugguy brings the spice to /an/
>>
>>2035808
>MGTOW boogyman

I don't even know what that is but it seems to trigger a lot of redditors
>>
>>2035688
What 'bout brown recluse? Although I guess it died down.
>>
>>2036070
Something about ditching women and dying as wizards by choice.
>>
>>2035828
>non elitist
That's why everyone is parroting the BYB opinion?
>>
File: 1429213333940.jpg (84KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1429213333940.jpg
84KB, 550x550px
>>2036070
Men
Going
There
Own
Way
Basically saying fuck bitches, stay single.
>mfw it's nothing new, in today's society everything gets a label and name
>>
>>2035828
Every board has memes, every board has elitists, even /tg/ does and it hosts some of the most actual discussion of all the boards.
>>
>>2035778
what is wrong with an outdoor/indoor cat
>>
>>2035828
>/an/ is not elitist
Oh sorry, did you somehow miss all the nazi peta shitlords that act like everyone on this board is an incompetent owner and that every pet posted here is a BYB shitter riddled with health and behavioural problems?

Don't even get me started on the pretentious shelter worker faggots.
>>
8 weeks / 12 weeks is the best /an/ meme
>>
>>2036790
What is this meme you speak of
>>
Does /an/ go insane over crop and dock like some other places do?
>>
>>2036857

I don't see an issue with docking a tail but I have problems with cropping ears. Docking tails is helpful to certain dog breeds (hunters and herders) that risk getting shit caught in their tails which can cause pain or risk of injury.

There is no actual purpose to cropping a dog's ears; the ears flop to protect the dog's ear cavity naturally. Getting them cropped removes this protection, and usually it's done just for cosmetic reasons than health benefit in modern day.

My rule of thumb is if its just for aesthetic purposes then you shouldn't do it.
>>
>>2036857
unless it can practically improve the quality of life of the dog (dogs who are actually used for hunting/herding/etc) and is just done for aesthetics, then it should not be done. hence why more and more vet schools aren't teaching the practice anymore
>>
>>2036898
>hence why more and more vet schools aren't teaching the practice anymore
>implying someone that knows how to conduct surgery on your pet's internal organs needs to be taught how to crop tails or ears.
>>
>>2036744

When did basic common sense become elitist.
>>
>>2036912
it's not common sense.
"common" implies all people agree on the sensibility of an idea.

in fact almost nobody actually agrees with your elitist views in the real world, so it's not common sense at all. Might make sense to you, but you don't matter.
>>
>>2035730
Wildlife? Dude where the fuck do you live? I mean where i live only thing a cat can kill is a field mouse.
>>
>>2036914

That's not what common sense means at all.

They're bringing in laws over here to prevent random hicks breeding their dogs. So don't claim this is only an /an/ thing.
>>
>>2036917
>That's not what common sense means at all.
what do you pretend it means then?
>They're bringing in laws over here to prevent random hicks breeding their dogs.
and your shitty little town is the whole world?
>>
>>2036912
It's not common sense to act like everyone is incompetent

It's not common sense to believe that dogs bred by anyone that doesn't follow arbitrary rules are somehow filled with health and behavioural problems

It isn't common sense to think that any puppy that isn't coming from a "reputable breeder" or shelter is from a "money hungry" BYB!!!1!

Also, acting like a pretentious faggot is what makes someone elitist

Good job on ignoring the main point of my original post
>>
>>2036790
I know who this is, just because you don't agree with something, doesn't make it a meme you imbecile.

For anyone wondering what this anon is talking about:
>One anon says puppies should be adopted at 12-16 weeks because of ONE source
>Multiple anons tell him he's wrong and that it's ideal to adopt them out between 8-12 weeks
>Simply googling "ideal age to adopt a puppy" confirms this
>Despite being refuted by almost every single source on the internet, he refuses to believe he's wrong and goes on to say adopting puppies at 8-12 weeks is a "meme".
>>
>>2036744
Confirmed buttmad shit owner.
>>
>>2036900
It's not as simple as taking a kitchen knife to them. Tails need to be cropped well or could be chronically (and extremely) painful, and if done too close, can actually fuck up the spine and natural dog behaviors.

And I've seen enough horrible crop jobs in my time... anything from being un-even, odd looking, or even causing the ears to not stand properly. Just google bad crops, it's fun.

>>2036916
field mice are wildlife if you live in an area where field mice naturally reside

>>2036857
I thinks it's silly and useless for the majority (ie pet) dogs. Docking I can understand in some terms for working dogs. Cropping should really only be done for protection breeds. The idea that cropping is done for health is BS. I don't flip shit if people dock and crop for aesthetics, but I wouldn't mind if it fell out of fashion either.

>>2037128
You're projecting, a lot. Did someone hurt your feelings? Some truth hit a little too close to home? Maybe you need to visit leddit for a hug

>>2037135
>>2036790
I don't get why people get so upset over this
>>
>>2037186
>>2037192
It seems I'VE hit a little close to home given how defensive you faggots are, judging by your personal attacks. Not even projecting since i've never posted my pets on here, rather i'm just a witness to the cuntish behaviour displayed by people like you. People can't even ask for help without receiving smug "enjoy your byb" comments lol, given it's been pretty tame lately.
>>
>>2037192
Lower class shelter worker detected.
>>
>>2037135
I was actually referring to the 8 weeks = BYB meme
>>
>>2037135
>source vs source argument
>not logic vs logic
I see why you can't reach understandings.
>>
>>2038736
>anyone that disagrees with me is a shelter worker!
If your feelings get hurt so easily, I think you'd be better off going back to >>>reddit
>>
>>2038819
>I've seen enough horrible crop jobs in my time
It's kind of implied you dumb fuck. Not to mention, you can't even form a single counter argument against that one anon other than spouting "you seem mad?/hurr leddit" meme.
>>
>>2038814
My bad, friend. Carry on.

>>2038818
You need sources to support your logic m8.

That being said, 8-12 weeks is the optimal time to adopt a puppy because it is the most logical choice as opposed to waiting until he's 12-16 weeks (puppy can become better adjusted in the new home, he hasn't started his fear imprint stage etc.)
>>
>>2038881
There are more jobs and hobbies than animal shelter worker. Did you know that? And get this, you can see animals if you don't work in an animal related field! Just let me know if i need to explain that to you, alright pal?
>>
>>2038884
That doesn't explain why you're such a buttblasted bitch towards the other anon :') Are you a breeder? That's really the only other group that would get offended by this post >>2037128
>>
>>2038885
Neither, but keep guessing what my occupation is based off of jobs you dislike because you don't like me.

I'll give you one last hint, I'm not a vet either.
>>
>>2038890
> but keep guessing what my occupation is based off of jobs you dislike
Wrong. Learn to read dipshit. I'm guessing your occupation based on how upset you are over that anons post.
>>
File: african wild cat.jpg (280KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
african wild cat.jpg
280KB, 700x394px
>>2038891
>'buttblasted bitch'
>'dumb fuck'
>u mad? xdxd
>still implies his pal is mad
Whatever helps you sleep at night, bae. Keep those guesses rolling in though
>>
>>2038895
>Greentexts my insults
>When his first two posts are literally just "you seem upset, reddit is that way" and nothing more

Still no sign of a counter argument I'm afraid. Careful, that cat might be a BYB.
>>
File: babycat.jpg (28KB, 337x214px) Image search: [Google]
babycat.jpg
28KB, 337x214px
>>2038898
I'm sorry you can't handle the bantz, baby. I didn't know this was a serious conversation, since all you've been doing is calling me a mad bitch. I think you need to cool down for a while and get off the internet, go outside and play. You'll feel better
>>
>>2038933
>It's just banter

Lmfao literally kill yourself. This is the new damage control meme.
>>
File: 1451492139667.jpg (134KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1451492139667.jpg
134KB, 540x540px
>>2038940
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, friend.
>>
>>2038943
>More memeposting
The damage control only keeps getting worse
>>
File: its time to stop posting.jpg (88KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
its time to stop posting.jpg
88KB, 500x375px
>>2038950
I'll funpost more. This whole thread is about memes.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.