[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know of a couple of multimillionaires. I'm not exagerrating.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

I know of a couple of multimillionaires. I'm not exagerrating. They won over $40 million in the lottery.

I found out that they feed their two dogs this.

It fills me with rage.

Like, why the fuck can't they switch to raw with that kind of money? They get to live in luxury while their dogs live like they would in the ghetto.
>>
They probably don't know the benefits. And if their dogs are healthy on cheap food, does it really matter?
I didn't know about raw diets until I started lurking here
>>
>>2034288
Ya, be careful with some of the diets here. Lots of them seem like fads, and I would rather not have my dog be a guinea pig just find out in ten years that it wasn't a good thing for them at all.
>>
>>2034288
Dogs on good diets are living 16+ years. Dogs eating trash food live to 14 maximum.

>>2034336
And Ol' Roy is made from an unspecified meat source that could very well be euthanized dogs and cats.
>>
>>2034427
>that could very well be euthanized dogs and cats.
it's not like that's bad quality meat for dog food.
>>
>>2034427
>Dogs on good diets are living 16+ years. Dogs eating trash food live to 14 maximum.
[citations needed]
>>
>>2034432
http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/kibble-never-a-good-option/
http://healthydogforlife.com/
>>
>>2034429
>cannibalism is a good thing
>>
>>2034440
>thinks those are citations
carry on then.
anyone stupid enough to swallow your bullshit deserves what they get.
>>
>>2034440
>Dogsnaturally
>kibble never a good thing

AND you just lost any credibility you might have had.

Natural does not automatically equal good, a kibble can infact be a good thing for certain dogs.

Grow up and learn to research properly and then come back with some credible articles.
>>
>>2034443
How's this?
http://rawfed.com/myths/kibble.html
>>
>>2034445
Not that guy, so can we get back to OP?
Ol' Roy is the cheapest dog food you can get and it's utter garbage. Surely we can all agree on that.
>>
>>2034448
Yes.
If you have money, buy EVO or something.
Expect people to comes and say "lol the dogs don't care so why should I?" though.
>>
>>2034447
no better, sorry.

the first one you posted was almost alright, it mentions two actual sources.

unfortunately the first citation it gives doesn't appear to exist and the second isn't about raw.

whatever, what we're looking for is peer-refereed science published in an actual journal.

that's what citations are, not blog posts, magazines, or propaganda.
also you have to be at least 18 to be here.
>>
>>2034448
>Ol' Roy is the cheapest dog food you can get and it's utter garbage. Surely we can all agree on that.
it's better than raw is all I'm saying.
>>
>>2034448
Well ya, we all know this. The owners probably just have a combination of not knowing what good dog food is, keeping the dog on it because that's what they were already feeding, forgot about the dog in the excitement of becoming rich, and/or simply haven't thought to change it because their dog seems healthy.

If I were OP, I would have tried to tactfully say something to the owners about being able to spoil the dog now with some better food and toys. Cause if you bring it up conversationally, instead of saying 'you should feed this', then they might inquire as to why you say 'something better'. Then you have a chance to politely explain that the food is rather crappy as far as brands go, and you don't cone off sounding bossy or demanding.
>>
>>2034442
It works for fish and birds. Why's it taboo for mammals?
>>
>>2034458
This. I wouldn't actually recommend Blue Buffalo, but their advertising is really close to the angle I'd take with them. You know, the whole "Love them like family. Feed them like family.", get a brand with the first ingredient being meat instead of corn meal, etc.
>>
>>2034459
Mad Cow Disease ring any bells?
>>
>>2034459
it's not really taboo. In agriculture we regularly feed animals their own kind.

it's the consuming of pets that makes americans squeamish. Or horses, apparently.
>>
>>2034462
Not an example of cannibalism but ok.
>>
>>2034463
I thought it was more the worry of what medications are in the euthanised dogs, because they use a shot to kill them which I'm assuming is still in the meat.

Horses I don't know. I am squeamish about it, but I don't know if I could never try it. I think dogs I couldn't try unless it was honestly really the only meat source.

But even then I would feel almost cannabalistic.
>>
>>2034461
Not all meat is good meat, though. How do we tell the difference between "good" meat and "bad" meat?

By "bad", I mean by-products, euthanized animals, roadkill, sick livestock, animal digest, and other things that pet owners get warned about.
>>
>>2034468
>I thought it was more the worry of what medications are in the euthanised dogs
it might be, I don't know.

I just know if you get caught putting dogs or cats in your pet food your company will never recover.

that's not to say it doesn't happen all the time, it's perfectly legal in the US. Just means nobody wants to admit to doing it.
>>
>>2034472
This is the closest we'll ever get to someone admitting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuoSxSJ94RY
>>
>>2034472
>that's not to say it doesn't happen all the time, it's perfectly legal in the US.

Source?
>>
>>2034469
They're being fed Ol' Roy, anon. That's 99% corn meal and meat by-products. Pretty much anything that isn't literal poison would be an improvement.
>>
>>2034464
The point he was making is cannibalism is bad in mammals because prions.
>>
>>2034458
>forgot about the dog
If I win 40 millions at the lottery, my dog's getting a fuckload of things.
>>
I agree with whichever anon mentioned encouraging the couple to spoil thier pets a bit.
People usually like the results of more fat/oil in a diet. Soft shiny fur is easy to notice.

>>2034427
As a kid, our dog was fed ol roy for nearly 17 years. Considering her health, she probably would have lived another year or so if she hadn't busted the fence to go fight a bunch of coyotes one last time.
Longevity is based mostly on genetics. Unless the dog has allergies, weak kidneys, or some other obvious and easily diagnosed dietary health issue, it is difficult to push someone for a better diet when the dog is healthy.
However, I personally never liked the smell of dogs fed ol roy. Despite knowing two different dogs living longer than breed average on it, I feed my current dog something completely different.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.