[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask dog questions that don't deserve their own threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: dog general.jpg (26KB, 340x413px) Image search: [Google]
dog general.jpg
26KB, 340x413px
Ask dog questions that don't deserve their own threads here.

Dog Kibble and Wet food ingredients/nutrition guide:
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/brand/

Dog breeds:
http://www.justdogbreeds.com/all-dog-breeds.html

Previous thread:
>>2021670
>>
>>2031043
What's the cheapest half-decent dog food?
I know the two don't go hand in hand, but my Dad refuses to spend "a lot" of money on his dogs. Surely, there is something out there cheap enough he'd accept it, but is at least marginally better than pic related, which is all he feeds them now.
The dogs are a 5 year old golden retriever, a 3 year old generic black mutt, and a 7 year old fat foxhound, if it matters.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 480x258px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 480x258px
>>2031078
Farmina N&D Ancestral Grain
>>
>>2031078
>Ol' Roy

Wow that's some garbage-tier food.
>>
What are some good, tasty foods to mix liquid antibiotics into?

My dog was given some liquid antibiotics for his runny diarrhea, but he hates taking it through the syringe thing.
>>
Hey guys, dome advice on dog aggression. My doggy is fine when other dogs come over or she goes to their house but when we go to the park she will get aggressive now and then. She also chases dogs when they go for their ball. Im taking her to a trainer tomorrow and I will bring this up, but in the mean time is there anything I can do? I've only had her for 2 weeks and everything else is fine about her, obedient as fuck and learns tricks in like 2 minutes with treats. She's a 9 month old rescue.
>>
>>2031517
if it's metronidazole, I'm not sure why you got a liquid suspension...my vet just gives me pills.

honestly, the taste of the antibiotics will ruin any tasty foods you could mix it in. just get the syringe as close to the back of his throat as possible.

or, trick your dog. fill up the syringe with chicken broth and squirt it into his mouth a few times before and after giving the antibiotic. when he gets that the syringe can sometimes hold something tasty, he'll be more willing to take it.
>>
>>2031590
Yeah my vet gave me liquid medication for my dog
I would've preferred pills

Thank you so much for the suggestion to trick my dog..
I'll try that next. Cheers!!
>>
I just recently adopted my pupper from the pound. She's really good except for two things.

First, I can't wake up in the morning without letting her out. Like, I can't do anything. I can't even put clothes on. Or piss myself, she doesn't even wait thirty seconds before popping a squat and reliving herself. She doesn't poop, she holds that just fine, but has zero bladder control in the morning. Will this get better over time? She's an 8 month to 1 years old catahoula mix, thing. Should I take away her water after I finish feeding her and letting her out for the night before bed? I understand that she's used to just reliving herself whenever she likes , but man is it annoying having to clean up pee every morning.

Second, she won't leave the other animals alone. She's not aggressive, she basically just sniffs and pokes them. But they are aggressive back. Does she need to just learned her place? I reprimand her and make her stop, but should I be?
>>
109x70x76cm crate size. Sufficient for a mal?
>>
>>2031581
Is she on a leash at the park? Some dogs get 'leash aggressive' probably because they feel restricted and vulnerable around other dogs. Or maybe it's just the number of dogs around her?
>>
>>2031078
Iams isn't the best, but it is affordable. I'd say it's good quality for what you're paying
>>
>>2031959
Have you tried potty pads?
>>
>>2032450
No, I haven't tried that yet. I removed her water after I fed her, afyr she drank of course, and that seemed to work. Unless that's cruel or something, I may just do that until she develops better bladder control. I have one of those big water things that look like an office water machine, and I thinks she was just drinking through the whole night.
>>
>>2031078
That shit gave my previous dog kidney stones. The vet was pretty pissed at us...
>>
File: Pupper.jpg (17KB, 217x246px) Image search: [Google]
Pupper.jpg
17KB, 217x246px
I'd rather not make a whole thread about this, but I'm adopting this guy once he's old enough to be away from mama, and I can't think of a good name for him. Mom's a chocolate lab, dad's an Aussie shepherd mix. Anybody got some suggestions?
>>
>>2033586
Convict
Felon
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.