[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ODAG/ - Online Dating Advice General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 42

File: Online Dating.jpg (171KB, 3994x2216px) Image search: [Google]
Online Dating.jpg
171KB, 3994x2216px
Trying out a new kind of thread, significantly different from the /soc/, or other tinder-centric threads. There may have been threads similar to this in the past, but this advice is platform agnostic. Gonna give this a few trial runs and maybe it can catch a good cadence if the feedback is positive.

I do get that there's a blur between /adv/ and /soc/ with respect to this topic, but here we're looking for a little more than just picking the right images for getting laid.

Here, we offer advice, coming from both males and females, on ways in which we can improve our online persona so that we increase our value to the opposite sex and attract the people we want to have in our lives. There are people who get paid to do this, so who knows, you might strike up a career path if your advice is good. Let's try this.

>Possible advice on
Biographical paragraphs and related ilk, image selection and simple photography tips, links to good advice, do's and don'ts of first messages, how to master the algorithms, formatting and content improvments for the OP

>Possible discussion about
Timelyness, ex: profile creation date vs first date with s/o. Online dating platforms, one vs another. Subscription models - worth it? Age evaluation - does it get better?

>Feedback
Try to leave whether you're male or female in your replies, ratings for images and bios (x/10) should be discouraged for actual qualitative not quantitative feedback, anonimity should be respected as well, blue board rules apply, be descriptive on what areas you need help on

>Threadly Question
Are you male or female, and how is/was your experience with online dating?
>>
Not OP.

I am male and I am fucking killing it on Tinder. If anyone wants some tips/advice/examples of how to increase their conversion rate, just go ahead and ask.
>>
I made a tinder hack thread a week back.

Women are are pretty shallow on tinder. Hell, most of them aren't even ON tinder looking for anything in particular. They are there because they are bored. To them tinder is just a boredom killer. They swipe guys they find appealing and play the "is he really that charming?" game. Others use tinder for a go to sex. Girls can get laid at any time and for the most part the largest challenge a girl has to fae is choosing the right partner. Many guys over complicate stuff by playing "the game" so girls go for the short, direct, and attractive looking male they match with.

In ALL of my tinder encounters, I've always got their attention by messaging their names first with exclamation marks.

Second, I set a basis by asking them, "what on earth are you looking for on tinder?"

Their answer to that typically tells me what they are on tinder for. Some will say for relationships, others will say they don't know, or they just downloaded the app, or say some shitty joke about looking for a pizza eating buddy, and sometimes they will just say "going with the flow."

In any case, if you match with a girl and she tells you she's on tinder because she is seeing what's out there, she's looking for a dick. Girls want attention on tinder, and they mostly get it instantaneously. So when you have an opportunity to talk with a girl on tinder, you have a short window.

Girls are never LOOKING for a relationship, not unless they are really serious about that stuff. I stay away from those kind of girls. They are immature, want a fairytale fantasy to come to reality, and will essentially make your life a living hell.
>>
Here is my status today:

>15 matches
>8 messages sent
>5 responses
>3 numbers
>1 hard date set
>1 vague date set

Not my best day, but a decent haul for a Sunday night.
>>
>>18250471
OP here, I'll go start us off
>Are you male or female, and how is/was your experience with online dating?

Male, 25 now. Over the course of a few years, I'd say about 3, I've had only one real positive experience. I have made Tinder, POF, and OKC accounts. Tinder was an interesting tale of mixed results, none of which I acted upon. I got swipes occasionally, mostly from below-average ladies. However, a surprising amount of attractive girls did swipe me - which I interpreted as these girls are just seeking attention and like being flattered. I tried not to message anyone more than one time, and many of the cute girls just didn't respond. Ones that ended up being an actual discourse, which would go well I'd say, would forget to respond at one point. Sometimes I would forget too. I closed my tinder account last month in order to make some improvments before firing it up again. It's still in the plan-driven phase. My profile was bland, emotionless, and had horrible pictures now that I've seen what to compare myself with. Looking to fix that up sometime.

1/2
>>
>>18250537
2/2

POF was the same as above, however the lowest hanging fruit tend to be even less desirable. Mostly matched with big chicks (and not the THICC kind), black chicks, most of which were unattractive, and an occasional gem every ~2 months. Gem ended up being a misclick, or the same deal as above with the mutual forgetting of. I had one date with a large lady. The cliche holds true: ugly on the outside, ugly on the inside. It felt like she was deluding herself into thinking I'm someone I'm not. Bailed out quickly.

OKC is my success story. And going to fire that up again soon, I have been taking better pictures/bio work this past week too. On OKC, about 3 years ago, I met this chick (still was larger than me), she lived with some other same-college people in a house, and we had sex a bunch of times. She always wanted me to stay the night, and I could tell her intentions were to last long-term. I used the powers of sociopathy to get out of that since my entire angle on it was to be fuckbuddies.
>>
>>18250521
Mind giving us the scoop on how you've built your profile? Or some tips?

Maybe you've struck gold and live in a good area, or are at a great age in your life?
>>
>>18250553

I live in a city, so I have a pretty big pool of potential matches. Mostly it is just about taking good photos. This means dressing well, being active and going out often, and taking care of myself physically.

My bio contains a single unique fact about myself. This is so that in case the match isn't sure how to approach, they can always fall back on that and ask a question. 90% of the matches I have met have asked me about it. I am not an alpha Chad or anything, otherwise I would have way more matches than that, but I do alright.

I don't do "text gaming" either. Openers don't really matter as much as people think--Redditors think that they can charm a woman into sleeping with them over text, they are idiots--it is mainly photos that make or break a potential meeting. Of course, if you sperg out in text you could kill any chance of meeting as well.

I usually open with a standard greeting, then followup with something about their profile or a note about something I did that day if they respond. I keep the conversation flowing naturally, as if I met them in person. I don't put too much effort into it, and I make sure I am doing other things so my replies are consistently delayed.

I also try and match anyone and everyone I can (within reason, I don't bother with complete uggos or super fat bitches), so I will lower my standard just a bit for the sake of practice. This is something a lot of guys do not do, and it is probably killing their potential gains. I can't tell you how much better I've gotten at dating the girls I actually like by spending time learning from the ones that like me that I would never take seriously. If you want to learn the mindset of a girl outside of your league and match her confidence levels, then you have to experience dating the way she does.
>>
>>18250521
I can not belive these lies.
I've spent months on dating sites without getting a single date.
>>
>>18250577

Get on Tinder then. Dating sites are fucking whack bro.
>>
female here.

i have some experience with online dating and am willing to take a look at profiles/how you usually chat with a girl and give you honest feedback on how to improve.

[email protected]
>>
>>18250581
The reason i have not is because i dont have facebook, and i feel it would be weird to get it now.
>>
>>18250586

Your loss bro. You could just make a facebook for Tinder, you can't access someone's profile through Tinder and I have never, ever added anyone that I have met on Tinder on Facebook.
>>
>>18250590
I could. I didn't know that.
>>
>>18250570
Awesome advice m8

Out of curiosity, how old are you?
To me, every passing day feels like I'm missing out on a potential partner. I'm 25 although look like I'm 18, which may be a blessing down the line but now its killing me.

And any tips on pictures? I don't want to dish out $150 on professional photography if I can take just as effective pics on my own.
>>
>>18250597

25. And you don't need professional pictures, just get someone to take a good iPhone pic of you or rig your phone up with a timer. Waist up, have a dynamic background but nothing that takes away from your figure/you need to stand out.
>>
>>18250583
swiss advice is best advice

thank you for your involvement, I'll shoot you an email later this week
>>
After mostly being single most of my life and losing my virginity at 22 (I'm 23 now). I decided to get off my ass and do something about myself. Started hitting the gym, new haircut etc. Decided to give Tinder another shot and work on my chatting game. Thing is, out of the blue I have a date coming up with one girl and another girl wants to 'watch movies and chill'.
The first girl seems nice, we have a rapport and she has hinted at sex a couple of times so I'm not exactly sure about how to approach this date. (We're meeting for drinks)
The second girl I do not have much of a rapport with at all, if she had not just given me her number without me even asking for it I wouldn't have realised she was interested. She doesn't put any effort into talking and then says she wants to chill. I assume that means sex, never done this whole casual hookup thing so..wat do?
>>
(adding to above) I've only had sex a couple of times, by the way.
>>
>>18250471
I've been using tinder but all it's good for is practice talking to girls. They're all crap, and I would never date one. Unless you're into sluts or party girls you're better off getting some experience talking to people and approaching girls irl.
>>
>talk to girl for like the last 3 days
>she responds well, asking questions back etc
>changes bio to something about pizza
>all right, tell her we should grab some pizza
>"are you asking me on a pizzadate haha?"
>"yes"
>no response
>next day ask if she was looking for a fwb instead of dating
>""what made you think I was looking for a fwb?"

What now? Is she just playing around leading people on on tinder or is this some kind of shit test.
>>
>>18250503
Make us a guide please, I'm super interested
>>
How do I make up for huge losses without going on some huge self improvement trek first?

By big losses, I mean things my living situation, clothes, money, and entire social status. In short, if my father didn't help out 4 years ago, I'd be homeless and getting back to a stable level as a grown adult -and- maintaining friends and relationships at the same time seem near impossible.
>>
>>18250871
I dont understand your situation at all.

Maybe try to learn how to type sentences which actually means anything. Besides,
>>18250570 this guy told it all. To get matches you need few good photos of yourself and some luck to score a date.

If you are homeless, you have much bigger problems than being lonely. Solve them first.
>>
>>18250855
>""what made you think I was looking for a fwb?"
"well you didn't answer to the date thing so i'm curious"
>>
>>18250515
didnt you also say to use a fake profile pic as well though?
>>
File: 20170423_143544.jpg (313KB, 810x2310px) Image search: [Google]
20170423_143544.jpg
313KB, 810x2310px
>>18250515
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Listen to this guy!
>>
>>18251287
you have to get matches in the first place tho...
>>
>>18251287
Nice work
>>
File: 20170423_145828.png (1019KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170423_145828.png
1019KB, 1080x1920px
>>18251295
This my advice:

Get somewhat /fit/

Take a photo of your self with a dog

Have at least one pic with another person in it

I only really get somewhere between 5-10 matches a day, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
>>
>>18251353
we already know your name is kyle from the other pic, there was no need to cover up your name
>>
>>18251353
hmm i got a few pics with other people

i dont know any dogs

i get 5-10 matches a year lol
>>
>>18251357
Lol whatever. Now it's time to see if there will be a follow through.
>blonde
>6ft
>THICC
So wish me some luck
>>
>>18251365
post the text messages you fag
>>
>>18250855
>>18251127
Well, apparently I have a fwb now, how does this kind of thing work? eat fuck go home or sleep over or what.
>>
>>18251373
You're friends and you fuck but you're not allowed to have feelings
You can just make the arrangement with her and make the rules yourself
>>
>>18251371
No response as of yet, so nothing of value
>>
>>18251385
Good luck anon
>>
>>18251387
Thanks dewd <3
>>
>>18251404
Do keep us informed tho
>>
>>18250515
>Girls are never LOOKING for a relationship, not unless they are really serious about that stuff.
How old are you, son? The reasons I let down women telling me this, is because I'm not looking for anything exclusive or leading to hasteful baby cravings - not because I don't believe their wishes.

Sincerely, male 33 (matches with females 18-41, mostly 26-30)
>>
>>18250503
Pics?

Also how do you get it across that your only looking for a fwb type thing. I have like 80 matches but most girls stop messaging when I say im looking for a fwb type thing.
>>
File: BAF1_d4hTqC.jpg (573KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
BAF1_d4hTqC.jpg
573KB, 1080x1350px
>>18251405
Oh I will. Gotta provide aome sort of evidence lol
>>
>>18251464
>>18251464
how do u niggers get 10s of matches a day?
>>
>>18251478
1. be attractive
2. that's it
>>
>>18251478
1. be good looking
2. have good pictures
>>
>>18251495
>>18251496
ok i fucked up part 1, what now?
>>
>>18251510
fuck if i know
>>
File: IMG_1152.jpg (107KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1152.jpg
107KB, 1136x640px
>>18251438
Not him, but >>18251409

I assume that they are already fucking a handful of other dudes, and casually bring it up somehow, like
>you never know what these things lead to, I'm open to the idea of being taken by surprise one day, not a ONS type of guy, like to develop things over time with the women I'm with, but usually I tell my matches that I'm not looking for anything exclusive

I think vaguely talking about "other girls" makes me and the match I'm talking to feel like a team - is vs them. I'm not ruling relationship out, since I actually never know when I'll fall in love, but say enough for them not to assume I'm looking for monogamy.

Pic related is one of the girls this is working on atm. 22yo
>>
>>18251510
Join the crowd of the 80% that are undesirable to women on tinder. If you were black it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>18251527
do you come here just to make fun of people lol?
>>
>>18251510
Just become better looking through getting semi/fit/. You don't need to be zyzz to get matches, I certainly know I'm no zyzz. Either slim down enough to get a jawline, or bulk up a bit if you are skinny. I don't believe I would have ever gotten laid if I never went to the gym
>>
>>18251539
lifting doesn't cure ugly
>>
>>18251561
All I know is that I didn't really get these amount of matches until I did so. It could be that I moved to a different side of the state for school, so I had a better pool to work with. Or it could be that I got more confident after getting laid.

Like are you from a sparsely populated area? Post your profile for me to rate.
>>
>>18251561
assuming you're not counting weight:
hair is workable
so is beard
so is skin
so is trimming your eyebrows and maybe other ugly facial hair

the only thing that isn't workable is the nose
>>
>>18251590
What do if you have a gigantic hooked nose but nice jawline and eyes?
>>
>>18251682
like i said the only thing that isn't workable is the nose so you either accept it or you do a risky surgery that might end up with it looking worse
a big plumpy nose with good skin care can actually give a lot of personality to a face imo
Depends on the type of nose and the surrounding face honestly. If its one of those thin european jewish noses that stands out kinda crooked and ugly a surgery is the best option imo but really comes down to how it fits the face as a whole
>>
>>18251682
You can't see because I covered my face, but I got a big fucking nose and semi-asymetrical eyes. Noses don't really matter too much for women. If you have a good jawline, you'll do okay.
>>
I run into this often. Girls that only answer my questions and literally say nothing else. How the fuck do I expand the conversation for both of us?
>>
>>18251786
Well, how do you normally start your conversations?
>>
>>18251792
Usually with a remark about their bio or something along those lines. This one in particular she messaged me first and only said hey, so I asked what's she's up to. She's writing a paper so the conversation went towards academics but I'm just asking her about all of it
>>
>>18251821
What an interesting conversation! I sure do wonder why she didn't keep going!
>>
>>18251821
Through my experience, it's never really a good thing to ask what's goin on because you end up with shit like
>Just watching netflix
>Just layin in bed lol
>Just layin in bed watchin netflix
Try to be a bit more risky with your conversation by being a little suggestive.
>>
>>18251830
Alright fucker, if some literally just says "hey" to you, what do you say?
>>
>>18251847
I usually say something first that's just ridiculous but gets their attention and just follow from whatever they reply
Sometimes based on their profiles sometimes not
And keep it going back and forth and try to keep it interesting like a normal conversation
I've opened with "who are you??" and she replies "mm im no sure" and we had quite the talk before meeting her that week
>>
>>18251839
Examples of a bit more risky?
>>
>>18251870
This
>>18250515

Essentially be a little forward with the conversation. Tinder is best for introductions, not getting to know someone. That comes later.
>>
>>18250866

I will today.

>>18251438

Don't tell them what you are looking for.
>>
i met a qt on r9k a week ago and i like her

we've got a lot of things in common and we talk for hours about various things

however i am terrible at flirting. i'm only really good at being aggressive and asking girls for a picture of their asshole

when we swapped pictures, she asked me if i meant nudes, i said no ( i honestly didn't mean nudes).

should i bring that up again and ask if she was offering
>>
>>18252036
Don't bring it up again. Try to arrange a meeting in real life.
>>
>>18252061
what's the harm

also she's on the other end of the country
>>
>>18252062
If you want to sure but I'm pretty sure she asked it because she wanted to know what you wanted from her.
Now she's expecting someone who's looking past the physical.
I mean you can ask if you want to, it's fine, I just have the feeling she won't like that
>>
>>18252036
>e-relationships
Lol just lol
>>
>>18251535
No, I want to help out, but not entirely sure I'm hitting target with most of my posting. I love you guys, but yeah, I get a few laughs out of /adv on a daily basis. I used to be like many on the board, so I'm really only laughing at my former self
>>
>>18252080
You're on the right thread then
>>
>>18252084
I was under the impression that people set up real life meetings ASAP instead of flirting with people they've never actually met who live 2 oceans away
>>
>>18252095
They usually do but that dude didn't
It still all pretty much starts with the "e" part itt
>>
>>18252095
living on the east coast and her on the west coast isn't so bad

i don't think i'd bother with it though if she were on a different continent
>>
>>18252117
>i don't think i'd bother with it though if she were on a different continent
She might as well be
>>
File: S70329-141725.jpg (300KB, 720x768px) Image search: [Google]
S70329-141725.jpg
300KB, 720x768px
Give me a hand guys, im barely getting matches here, could be because i live in a small city though but any advice is appreciated
>>
>>18252133
get pictures with women
>>
>>18252138
That's interestating, why?
>>
>>18252149
because it implies you get along well with them
also i'd replace pic 1 with pic 2 but do a better shot without covering half your face
also remove pic 5 because it's worthless you can barely see anything
>>
>>18252133
One pointer, don't fill the maximum limit of photos. It MIGHT seem desperate, like you really need to convince them that you got the looks, when you use all the space available. Four pictures us better than six, but this could be just my intuition. I would drop the selfie in the mirror one. 1, 2 and 5 should be enough. It's cool that you got some skin bros in 4, but which the fuck is you in that photo? might be a problem. You look kind of retarded in 6 imo
>>
File: 1480389967844.gif (856KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1480389967844.gif
856KB, 320x240px
>>18250471

Bottom line;

The quality of matches and/or responses you get is directly proportionate to your own quality. If you're an autistic sack of shit who never gets attention in real life then that will just translate online. Its not an escape from your inability to socialize its just another platform upon which to fail.

There really is no secret formula for compiling perfect bios and picture selections. There is no secret algorithm for optimum female attraction. Life does not work in such simple metrics. Trying to interpret this through robot eyes is not the answer. Constructing the perfect online dating profile and specifically timing out responses, opening lines and filter preferences is just glorified PUA bullshit with an additional pathetic multiplier that you're not even trying to do it with real girls in real life.

I've had luck on all of the apps and it took no specific skill set or approach. I just posted a pic, talked to girls I thought were cute and took opportunities as they arose. Most of it is luck, confidence and opportunity. If a girl won't give you an opportunity or won't talk to you because your profile and bio wasn't perfectly constructed to optimum robot standards then she wasn't that great of a girl to begin with, was she?
>>
>>18252168
5 is worthless, it's just a copy of 1 but you can't see shit
basically all that matters is:
type 1 and 5 pic: alone outside
type 2 pic: face (don't cover it with fingers)
type 4 and 6: with friends
needs a pic with women
>>
>>18252133
>>18252155
I'm >>18252168
5 is good for atmosphere. Possibly makes you look mysterious or like a indie dreamer, not necessarily bad.
>>
File: 1482811630204.jpg (286KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1482811630204.jpg
286KB, 1600x1200px
>>18252149

>That's interestating, why?

Don't do that. The kids here at 4chan say to do that supposedly so that a girl will look at it and get jealous or think "wow girls really like him" but any decent girl with half a brain stem will immediately be turned off by such an adolescent attention-grab technique.

If you're interested in attracting numb-skulls than it might work but an intelligent girl will take one look at your profile pictures with you and a bunch of other girls and think "nice, this guy doesn't have the confidence to stand on his own two feet so he has to resort to using the middle school technique of dangling other girls in front of me to make me want him"

It is true that knowing you can interact with girls and display a modicum of social ability is an attractive quality but you don't have to post pics of you and an ex gf to express that, you could just talk to them and be confident and the same concept will be communicated.

Also, you don't need 6 pictures. Don't look like you're trying so hard, is the deal. The more effort and intricate details you put into organizing your profile the more desperate you look.

I barely put shit on mine and it works like a charm.
>>
>>18252187
1 already does that and looks better
>>
>>18252192
>The kids here at 4chan say to do that supposedly so that a girl will look at it and get jealous or think "wow girls really like him" but any decent girl with half a brain stem will immediately be turned off by such an adolescent attention-grab technique.
ur dumb
the only point of a pic with women is that you get along with women
that's all
if she takes it for more than what it is she's stupid
>>
>>18252155
Pics with other women is one of the first things to get my reject list. I typically assume those are the other girls he's seeing or banging, usually not worth the effort to fight for his time.

Other images that get the boot from me immediately
>Kid pics
I will assume its your kid and noep out instantaneously.
>Dead animals
I get people hunt and you wanna put pics of your hobbies, but seeing a fucking bloody deer carcass on a dating profile is just unsettling and throws me out of the mood.
>Group pic as main pic
Not gonna bother trying to figure out which one is you, plus 9 times outta 10 your buddy is more attractive than you anyway.
>>
>>18252201
why would it be another girl he's seeing can't he just have female friends?
also
>>Dead animals
lol is this that common?
>>
>>18252193
Won't argue too much, but >>18252192
made the same point I did with
>Also, you don't need 6 pictures. Don't look like you're trying so hard, is the deal. The more effort and intricate details you put into organizing your profile the more desperate you look.
>I barely put shit on mine and it works like a charm.
5 is shit in a good way desu
>>
>>18252197

>the only point of a pic with women is that you get along with women

Its a bullshit middle school technique and like this poster said >>18252201

>Pics with other women is one of the first things to get my reject list

Intelligent girls will immediately skip to the next if you're so remedial that you need to flaunt pictures of other women to prove that you know how to talk to them. She'll just assume you're either seeing them, banging them, or so incapable of exuding confidence naturally that you have to do it through juvenile PUA tricks.

Showing a picture of you doing something is not a replacement for actually knowing how to do it. Any smart girl will see right through it.
>>
>>18252240
what's with the mistrust
why would people be that suspicious
why can't it just be that a person likes doing stuff so person posts pics of doing stuff
person has female friends posts pics with female friends
like seriously why the fuck would you even mention "intelligent girls" implying people are on the lookout on a fucking app
the only thing that matters in trust is that people won't think you're going to kidnap them
who gives two shits about tricks and what the fuck
tricks are just impediments to showing wo you are
and the whole point is showing who you are
>>
>>18252213
Because it's online dating anon, and particularly it's tinder.
>Is that common?
It is in the south. You know how many dead ducks, fish, and deer I scroll past on a daily basis?
Fucking get me out of this hell hole for real.
>>
>>18252253
wow i'm really fucking sleepy. well best be off to bed. still think it's kinda silly that i can't post pics with females
>>
>>18252253
See>>18252261

You're on tinder, the fucking hook up capital of the world. It's not that hard to see how you're in the mindset of "These people are on here because they want to fuck at least or at most date" Seeing other women within this context just makes sense.
>>
>>18252213

>why would it be another girl he's seeing can't he just have female friends?

Anything is possible, anon, but thats not the point. You could post a picture of you holding a severed head you found but the point is the second I see that picture I'm not going to care what the circumstances are and I'm not sticking around for an explanation.

If first impressions is what drives online dating then its probably a good idea to make sure you don't give off the first impression that you always have a bunch of girls around you. Also, even if she was a female friend thats not good either. No decent girl wants to take the chance that she's going to battle your female friend for your attention throughout her entire relationship.

First impressions, anon. Think about it.
>>
>>18252275
>comparing holding a severed head with pics with girls
i know i'm sleepy but like wtf
i have a pic with a female friend and now i'm self conscious but i've actually had women start conversations with me about it so i thought for some reason women liked to talk about that stuff
>>
>>18252253

>what's with the mistrust

...Because its online dating and no one trusts anybody. People barely give the benefit of the doubt to strangers in real life I don't know where you got it into your head that giving it to strangers on the internet is something that actually happens.

English is not your first language I'm guessing because the rest of your post didn't make any sense.
>>
>>18252282
but the only thing you should really care about is looking like a normal healthy individual
well i have tons of female friends so i'm not normal?
>>
>>18252287
You want to look dateable too mate. That's the whole point. Yes, not looking like an ax murderer is important, but anyone can do that. It's not hard.
You give the impression you're a normal sound dude by having pictures with male friends too man.

Posting a ton of women, particularly if theyre hot women, just turns us off. You're not worth the competition. We'll move on to the next one because the thing about fighting other women for a guy is, you have to be ready to fight to the death for him. Chicks claim territory and they claim it hard. If you're willing to fight off another chick for what she's claimed, you better really want it. And the average tinder dude you don't even know usually isn't worth that extreme effort.
>>
>>18252305
you're making me sound so desirable lol
it's just a pic with friends. they happen to be female.
i'll stick with my own idea but i see your point
>>
>>18252305
/argument

(Except it could be a picture where he's with both guys and girls, and the girls aren't closer to him than they are to the other guys. Group activity thing, like volleyball or wutnut.)
>>
>>18252281

I wasn't comparing the severity of the offense I was comparing the importance of context and I think you know that. Don't be purposefully daft. Its a lame debate technique.

Also, "pic with female friend" is very ambiguous. It really depends on the picture, the context and the explanation of the picture. Obviously if its you and a bunch of people doing an activity or out at a club or something playful its relatively harmless but in a more intimate setting imagine the shoe on the other foot.

Imagine going to a girl's profile and she's got pictures with her and a bunch of her male friends. Does that bode well for a potential relationship? Would that not concern you at all that you'd possibly have to compete a bunch of guys for this girl's attention? Maybe she thinks they're friends but they secretly have crushes on them, then you'd have to deal with that as well.

My point is if you're posting pictures of you all snugged up to other girls to display your ability to socialize with girls an intelligent girl will see through it immediately and skip on to the next profile, just like this >>18252201 girl said. Dangling other girls in front of a potential partner in an attempt to entice them is an immature and ineffective technique.

When you purposefully decorate your exterior to appear confident most reasonable people will see right through it. Super secure people don't usually advertise it so hard, is all I'm saying.
>>
>>18252321
yeah i'm sleepy i'm sorry, i'll end this quickly
never thought of it in the other perspective like you said (you put it very well)
will remove that pic
thanks anons
>>
>>18252314
Not really, we're saying you're undesireable because you've presumably got all the pussy you can handle and it's not worth fighting for a 15 minute time slot in your busy schedule.
That may sound like "Hurr look I'm a big man!" to you but it's really not. In this day and age, men getting multiple women is not new or uncommon.

Of course you have female friends, everyone does. We know that deep down, you don't need to show us. Because putting a face to that makes it harder for us. Because in this generation, you cannot tell the "platonic friends" from the "sex friends" and when you're on a hook up app, it's usually much more correct to assume they're sex friends.
>>
>>18252346
Not him, just wanted to join in on saying you're great with words. You're female, right? Care to share age, occupation and number of tinder matches/hookups/history? I'm guessing you're United States citizen?

Sincerely, Oldfag Norway
>>
File: tinderadvice.png (1MB, 670x5756px) Image search: [Google]
tinderadvice.png
1MB, 670x5756px
Ok guys. I've been giving a lot of advice about Tinder based on my own success over the past few weeks and figured I would do a bigger write-up to share with you.

Please keep in mind that this is not an exact science, it is base on my own experience, and every situation is different.
>>
File: h a l p.png (63KB, 360x572px) Image search: [Google]
h a l p.png
63KB, 360x572px
Fuck I didn't think she'd respond. I need some advice from the masters of /adv/.
>>
>>18252365
Really? I never thought I was. I always got amazing grades on papers and shit in school, but I in all honesty never felt my speaking or writing ability was all that good. Just assumed I was in a failing public school on the verge of losing funding and the bar was usually set incredibly low.
So thanks I guess? Maybe I really am just better at this shit than I give myself credit for. Or maybe I am actually shit, idk. You can't really accept compliments on this site without someone getting jealous and trying to tear you down lol.

I digress.

I'm just a 21 year old college student, and yes, American. I am going into teaching, but not English or writing though.

I don't get much out of tinder to be honest, online dating I found just wasn't very good for what I was looking for in a guy. Plus, I live in a very small farm town with very slim pickings. So my matches are pretty low, I think I got about 10-15 in the 3 months I tried it. Being picky and having next to no selection to begin with is not a good combination. I rarely ever found anyone interesting enough to swipe yes on. Of those 10-15, only 2 bothered to keep up conversation with me enough for me to feel comfortable meeting them irl. Both ended up with being hook ups, however the second guy is one I'm still talking with and seeing, which might become something serious. Idk yet.
My general history though outside online dating? I've probably had around 5-6 casual encounters. I never have full blown sex with someone I'm not strictly dating, but I've thrown down for some no strings attached handjobs and fingering every now and then. I've only had 1 serious relationship, and that's ultimately what I'm after. I don't get much out of the casual stuff. I'll do it when I'm super bored, but it usually just leaves me incredibly unsatisfied.
>>
>>18252390

Btw I make a bunch of typos/grammar mistakes here, but I am catching a date in an hour and churned this out quick. Good luck, friends.
>>
>>18252390
>>18252398

One last bit of important advice I neglected to mention asking "What are you doing on Tinder?" is the equivalent of "I want to fuck you, do you want to fuck me?" and they know it. I wouldn't recommend using this on anyone that you consider high value.
>>
i exchanged a couple messages over the last couple days with this girl and it seemed to be going well, she seemed into it, was pretty good looking, i was pretty confident i'd actually be able to meet up with her. then after i sent a message suggesting we meet up some time she suddenly deleted her account.

she's the only person who responded to anything all month and i've sent several messages a day. seriously, being unattractive is the worst thing in the world. we need a eugenics program so that only people who will grow up to be attractive are born. it's inhumane to let people like me into this world.
>>
>>18252392
>a noose
>>
>>18252390
If you expect anyone on 4chan to read through all that shit, you're more retarded than a planet made of short bus kids from concentrate.
>>
How to into Tinder/happn if I never had a Fb account?
>>
>finally get a serious response from a gril on okcupid that's actually attractive and isn't a single mother, a gay, or a gay Saudi
>no idea what to do since I'm socially retarded and her profile says she wants to know the person for around a month before being comfy with meeting up
>>
>>18252446
Make one.

The connection to the account is actually minimal. Nobody can really find your profile from your tinder account.
The only thing it does is show mutual friends and what pages you liked.

I didn't feel comfortable attaching my real fb to my tinder account, so I made a secondary account just for tinder purposes. I have no friends on that account, and just liked a bunch of pages so my tinder profile could give people a guess at the things I'm into.

So literally just make an account. You don't even need to add anyone.
>>
File: permit.png (459KB, 499x586px) Image search: [Google]
permit.png
459KB, 499x586px
>>18250471

So like, forget the others I want to discuss

>POF

Does anyone have any good stories or strats to tell about this site in particular?

Personally speaking I have met nothing but crazy bitches and a FUCCLOAD of ghosting on this site. Most hilariously and recently is a girl who blocked me because I asked her how her easter went, saying she hates Christians. Outside of that though 95% of the bitches i've met just stop talking when you bring up meeting them and the 5% is the one I dated who was an unemployed weedie and genuinely believes that people who buys her things want to be just her friend.
>>
+1 Good thread.
Bumping for visibility
>>
Can ugly guys get lucky on Tinder?
>>
File: 1492854627283.jpg (75KB, 912x912px) Image search: [Google]
1492854627283.jpg
75KB, 912x912px
>>18252658
Depends on the definition of ugly. If you aren't physically deformed, you can definitely improve somewhere.
>>
Skimming through this seems like everything is about how to fuck more bitches.
Am I in the wrong place if I just don't want to be alone anymore?
>>
>>18252794
word
>>
>>18252658
see when you word your question like this you wont get an educated answer. why not write something like how can i better my personality or how can i better my physical appearance
>>
>>18252392
This scarf: [link to pretty scarf]. Maybe?
>>
>>18252831
Too late senpai I already sent the msg senpai. If only you said this like 3 hours ago.
>>
File: 1491943272838.jpg (252KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1491943272838.jpg
252KB, 500x667px
>>18252818
Oh.
>>
>>18252820
Because I want to know about the here and now.
>>
>>18252658
Define "ugly" and define "get lucky". Do you have any standards? Are you able to talk to people? Can you photograph decently?
>>
>>18252877
>Define "ugly" and define "get lucky".
Ugly is less than 5/10 and get lucky is anything (dating/fucking).
>Do you have any standards?
High standards.
>Are you able to talk to people?
Yes.
>Can you photograph decently?
I don't think so.
>>
>>18252928
If you're ugly you should be going after ugly people.

A 4/10 should be aiming for 3,4,5/10 people. Don't expect an 8/10 to be interested unless you bring something else to the table, such as being a comedian or a millionare.
>>
Roast me
>>
File: Screenshot_20170424-003737.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170424-003737.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>18252970
>>
>>18252436
I read it. Ha what now
>>
File: 1491290962374[1].png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1491290962374[1].png
2MB, 1440x2560px
I do very well for myself.
>>
Any Europeans that have experience with casual sex through tinder? I feel most people here use it for dating rather than hookups
>>
>>18253536
I have. This is me >>18251409
>>18251527

In my country we don't really "date" unless we're already in a relationship. It often goes something like
>meet at club/pub/homeparty/event that leads to socializing with alcohol
>hook up that night
>have breakfast
>see you!
>hook up again, either by arranging to meet out with friends, eat lunch or cooking dinner together
>hook up as much as possible, meals/movies/walks in between
>THEN go out on dates, know you, to make them feel special

Dinners at restaurants is something we do when we already know we're into each other, and the sex is good - it's not a way to get to know strangers. But that's just us, I guess.

I don't care much for ONS. Sex is best when we are more familiar with each other's bodies, so I'm usually looking for someone to fuck on the regular or semi-regular, who I also care enough for to hang out with, with falling in love not being a requirement, but if it happens that's also swell. Atm I got a single mom I've fucked a couple of times, with 2 months inbetween, who I'll likely meet again although it's been 4 months since I last saw her. I also got a single women dtf who I met on Jodel, who I haven't met yet, but we've been chat buddies since September, and her initial Jodel was "where does 29yo f find fwb?" We've both been busy with others but still talk about having sex. I've also been dating a tinder match since late Nov who's the only woman I've actually fucked all year, but we've slept 9 out of 10 nights together since New Years. And I got the 22yo sending me nudes and waiting for me to set a date soon, possibly this week. Adding to that I got 67 matches, but only talking to 3 atm.

Past history is met six women from tinder, piv 5 (4 on first date (2 only twice)) 1 for 2 months, 1 for 1m and 1 for 5 and counting.

And I don't date women who aren't ok with me being poly, so I make sure they know either before we meet or during our first conversation in person.
>>
File: tggSgSm.jpg (97KB, 567x483px) Image search: [Google]
tggSgSm.jpg
97KB, 567x483px
When is it appropriate to bring up kinks or fetishes that your arousal and enjoyment are contingent upon when hooking up on Tinder? I want to make sure I'm couth about it without wasting my time on someone who turns out to not be interested.
>>
>>18253696
It depends on the match and the conversation you're having. I mean, is any of this really appropriate? Just make something up. Take it to the test, and be a pioneer. You'll fail with some, and you'll learn from your mistakes.

I think a good idea is to test by writing lewd and see how she reacts. If that leads into straight up talking about sex, the it's just a healthy thing to bring up
>>
>>18253627
Seems like your country has more of a hookup culture than mine. Most girls here usually want to date before sex and are serious about relationships. Or I just attract this type of girl. Also, what is Jodel ?
>>
>>18253711
People here aren't less serious about relationships, dude. We just don't care to pretend that people don't like sex, and that being compatible in bed is quite important. Also, we're at the upmost top in the world when it comes to women's rights. Women here know what they want, and aren't afraid to show it for fear of being called sluts.
More people are getting married than ever before in my country.

Also, I find it bizarre that the requirement for getting to know someone you might end up not getting along with at all, is that you buy them dinner and drinks for a whole evening, and if you do actually like them, getting a kiss out of your expenses isn't even a given. If I buy a girl a drink, I'll expect her to start buying after a while - usually she'll pay for the next rounds, if she's half decent and can afford it. Women have spent more money on me, than I have on them.
>>
I haven't posted anything on facebook since 2013 (only updated cover/profile pic) because of social anxiety.
I was thinking of just making a new profile and adding only people i talk to.
>>
>>18253711
Forgot to answer, Jodel is an app for short anonymous texts and photos, sort of like tweets, based on geo location. I can set my range at say 10km, and I'll scroll through other people's messages, comment, upvote or downvote. It's ultimately pointless, but usually people write entertaining observations from the local area. A lot of people use it to tell where they're clubbing, or ask for suggestions etc
>>
>>18253766
Checked it out. Jodel seems to be quite unpopular here. Not too many posts. I figured it is similar to Yikyak. Whats your country, Sweden or something?
>>
>>18252979
Bump
>>
>>18253904
I wasn't recommending jodel, I just said that's how I met one of the women I'm talking to via app, who's dtf. Whether other people have succeeded to fuck someone on jodel, is just speculation.

I'm Norwegian.
>>
>>18254002
Great country.
>>
>>18253765
Help, advice?
>>
>>18254043
How is this something you need advice on? Can't you just remove the people you don't want to stay friends with?

And how is it related to the thread topic?
>>
>>18254107
Social media has become important for dating
>>
>>18254148
Yes, but in what merits do you want us to advice you on whether you should create a new account and only add people you already know and talk to?

You won't meet new people (for dating) that way, and just keeping your own account and edit the privacy, friendship pool, etc would be much easier
>>
>>18254379
I kind of don't want anything to do with people i knew in primary and high school, and removing them all seems like a bigger hassle than starting fresh, with only 50ish friends.
>>
>>18250471
I've been on OKC a long time. I never saw it as my only outlet for dating, but since I moved even deeper into suburbia, it has been. I'm fed up with it and decided to try Tinder. At that time, they had a website, but I didn't use it often enough, and the design was crappy. I only recently got serious with OKC, and I'm having no luck. The women I contact that I'm interested in 99% of the time don't respond. Those 1% that do, they usually ghost after a message or two.

I should also note I message people I have no interest in dating, because I needed to see if I could get a response from anyone. I'm very forward about not bring interested now because of this, even if they are interested in me. I have expanded my range to anywhere, because I just don't give a fuck anymore if they're 20 or 2,000 miles away.

When a woman initiates messaging with me, they are never attractive, and they almost never even try to facilitate conversation.

I took another look at Tinder, but their website is closed (says "coming soon") and the app wants my Facebook account… no fucking way. I checked out Coffee Meets Bagel, but they want my Facebook too. Can't I just create an account without having it tied to another identity of mine?

I've been single for 3½ years now. My ex used online dating and was dating within weeks. (Don't know about the quality of her suitors though.)
>>
>>18252168
>>18252133
i agree with this guy, except keep photo 6 to show you have friends.
>>
>>18250471
for my bio im thinking of making it
"I have aids
Just kidding, could you imagine lmao"
thoughts?
>>
>>18254672
Do it then. Alternatively, just notice how you can click the small grey arrow on the right on each post in the news feed, and choose "stop following, but remain friends," or even "block", for each person that pops up and you don't want to be friends with any longer. You don't have to do it in one sitting, just remove one every time you see an unwanted friend in the feed. Easy
>>
File: IMG_2853.jpg (14KB, 250x227px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2853.jpg
14KB, 250x227px
>>18251590
What if you're...
>balding
>>
>>18251561
It actually may. A friend of mine is considered ugly by some but he is in a pretty good shape and he is getting some and probably could get more if he really put effort into it.
>>
>>18255373
hair implants
work for some not all but imo worth the risk
>>
>>18250471
Ok OP I'm gonna let you in on my secret.
It has a 100% success rate.

>Use tinder.
>For pictures get 2 of your face, 1 with you and your friends, and a full body pic.
>For bio put your job and hobbies.
>Get a match
>First Message: "Hi Anonette, How is your day going?"
>>
>>18251847
Not that guy, but I've begun being critical about this stuff. I have plenty of stuff in my profile one could start a conversation over. I know if the situation was reversed, the woman wouldn't even reply, but I believe in feedback, so I tell ask them, "all you wanted to say was, "hi/hey/whatever other brief non-starters are used?"
>>
>>18252133
Are you mixed? #6 makes me think you are. #2 looks stupid and #3 tells me you're too lazy to take a proper picture, but I have a background in photography. Also, I'm a guy.

>>18252168
>It's cool that you got some skin bros in 4, but which the fuck is you in that photo? might be a problem.
Lol! And what people don't think they all look the same! Rofl
>>
>>18253627
Man, I'd be screwed in Europe. I don't get out much at all anymore and all my friends have moved away and vice versa. u_u I remember in my Spanish class we were taught about dating once, and while she didn't talk about sex (for obvious reasons) she did emphasize how dating someone means you're seriously committed, and that you just hang out with your friends and theirs until you get to that point.

>>18253758
>Also, I find it bizarre that the requirement for getting to know someone you might end up not getting along with at all, is that you buy them dinner and drinks for a whole evening, and if you do actually like them, getting a kiss out of your expenses isn't even a given. If I buy a girl a drink, I'll expect her to start buying after a while - usually she'll pay for the next rounds, if she's half decent and can afford it.
Must move to Scandinavia.

I won't even fuck until I'm capable off spring a family, because I don't trust women to get an abortion, and I don't want to ruin my life any me than it already is.
>>
I started tinder a few months ago, had a bunch of matches out the gate and ended up dating a girl for a long while. Now I'm back and I'm not matching anyone, could my app be glitching or does it want me to pay $$$ into it?
>>
Are there women of any quality on tinder?
I'm thinking of making one, but it seems like it's mostly just whores looking for a the next dick.
Is it purely a hook up app, or is there any hope for finding someone that's interesting in something more and is worth putting time and effort toward getting to know?
>>
>>18255868
Yeah my last girlfriend was from tinder, she was a thin beautiful 19 year old with a 4.0 gpa and was into comic books and metal gear solid. I mean, most women would rather date than bang around like gay dudes on grindr
>>
>>18255887
Holy shit! Sounds like you hit the jackpot, Tiger.
>>
>>18255929
She's already blocked and deleted me from everything, it was a fun three months though :(
>>
>>18251287
>Girl talks about pizza and drinks and how great it'd be

>"What's your number?" instead of "Where're you at?"

I'm curious if you actually got that date.
>>
If I'm messing a girl and then all the sudden she stops corresponding, should I wait a week and follow up or consider it a ghost and write her off?
>>
>>18256728
>A week

A day at best, then you consider her to be ghosting and then you write her off.

A week is pretty excessive. In fact internally/mentally don't allow yourself to give girls doing internet dating that sort of leeway. They've got as much freetime to see your message and respond as some random guy on the internet.
Don't try to follow up either. When a girl ghosts she already thinks of you as a pain and nothing else you say or do is likely to change that. Just let it go.
>>
What's the best thing to do if you have someone agree to a first date but you're away for the next couple of weekends? Are drinks on a weeknight a thing? We both work full time.
>>
>>18256977
I had a weeknight drinks date a few weeks ago. Went really well, we stayed out til everything shut and she stayed the night at my place and had sex. When she left in the morning she kissed me, said "it was fun lets talk soon".

Then she ghosted me.
>>
Any advice on my photos?
1. A body shot
2. Head shot
3. Is with a dog
4. So I look interesting

I know I need to lose some weight and I hit the gym regularly now and watching what I eat.

I get some matches every once in a while but my flirt game is weak and I hardly get a response.
>>
>>18256996
Man that sucks :(
>>
>>18257107
I was going to point out that the framing is unorthodox, but that's probably good. Standing out is good.

Good job there, imo

you look
>sociable
>friendly
>not hiding
>>
>>18257156
>>18257107
I'd say your photos are so self-descriptive and to-the point that another one is not necessary, unless it's another activity picture in the same style as the sparring
>>
>>18257107
>>18257156
>>18257157
and that color looks good on you
>>
>>18257158
Thanks im glad I'm doing something right :)

But what are some good openings that's not weird or cliche?
>>
>>18255849
maybe you're just not getting matches
>>
>>18257159
you're always gonna end up with cliche, just make it not so tiring
>>
a collage image of trip to europe

yay or nay to include?
this would be for tinder and OKC
>>
>>18257173
depends on how good the pic is, duh
>>
>>18257174
scenery, landscapes and one pic of me + some european friends I made, males and females
>>
>>18257182
as long as you look good, sure why not
>>
>>18256996
Man, that's pretty shit. I haven't gotten a response from the girl I was talking to earlier today and yesterday, but I'm fairly sure she's just busy. She was super keen up until now, so I'm hoping it's gonna be all good.
>>
>>18256953
Thanks, anon. Wish I had known this months ago. I don't know why I thought I should apply real world social logic to the internet. u_u

>>18257107
Are you mixed?
>>
All this rejection, how to cope with not being a chad?

>inb4 get ripped
>>
I'm Asian. How can I make myself more appealing in online dating, aside from lying about my salary, or should I just stick to dating in the real world because women are even more discriminatory online?
>>
>>18257503
getting ripped doesnt even help, doesnt fix your face
>>
>>18251353
>attractive tall fit guy with chiseled jawline
>it's definitely the opener guys XD
fuck you
>>
>>18257893
That post you quoted said nothing about "openers", you idiot.
>>
>>18252392
my hands, while I'm holding your hair back while you puke
>>
>>18257427
I'm just Mexican
>>
>>18257159
Since I started using "Hername!!" as an opener I've gotten 3/5 good convos, one of which we'll probably meet irl next week. Pretty good conversion rate desu.

Give it a go.
>>
File: IMG_5152.jpg (202KB, 1254x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5152.jpg
202KB, 1254x1536px
What should I remove and what should I add? Thanks in advance senpai
>>
>>18259241
3 is good bc you have a dog and implies you're caring and friendly
4 is good bc it shows you can have fun

Get rid of 1 bc it looks kinda creepy.
Get rid of 2 bc you're not a 14 yo grill
Get rid of 5 bc idk what you're trying to show off here, it's confusing

I'd say get a good picture of yourself (waist up) with a collared shirt and make it your main
>>
Advice: Don't open with asking a girl for pics of her feet or with Lord of the Ring quotes. It doesn't work.
>>
>>18259894
Feet? No. Lord of the Rings quotes? I'd definitely bite.
>>
File: 1490008719751.jpg (63KB, 817x857px) Image search: [Google]
1490008719751.jpg
63KB, 817x857px
>>18257893
It has absolutely zilch to do with openers. You just gotta put in the cheat codes like me.
>>
File: Shatner.jpg (58KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
Shatner.jpg
58KB, 618x412px
>>18257158
> and that color looks good on you
If you're a fag.

The only guys who wear pink are those that are forced to by girlfriends. Go back to her and stop trying to cheat, you scum.
>>
>>18260589
What? Girls don't even know what Lord of the Rings is about.
>>
>>18261164
kek. I was just in a playful "debate" with a tinder dude about Lord of the Rings. Girls definitely know what it is.
>>
>>18252036
>i'm only really good at being aggressive and asking girls for a picture of their asshole
I literally cackled
>>
>>18250515
Dude. Your advice just got me 3 freaking dates this weekend. From 4 responses. 4 messages sent. U are my golden god
>>
>>18261597
Why would you wanna have three dates in one weekend?
>>
>>18261601
We get some days off and its basically a five day weekend. Back to work only on tuesday.

And i am also single and a bit heartbroken so there's that also
>>
>>18261627
Well, dont rush anything. Being hesrtbroken and on the search for sweet ass could be a recipe for mishap

(Girls can tell)
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-26-16-41-17.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-26-16-41-17.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
Have at me
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-26-16-41-23.jpg (403KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-26-16-41-23.jpg
403KB, 1440x2560px
>>18261646
>>
>>18261648
Your description contains nothing of value about you.

Video games, coffee, and beer do not make a description. Everyone enjoys those to some extent which makes them meaningless. You want to stand out, not blend in. If you REALLY LIKE COFFEE then talk about how you roast your own beans or something, that's unique; enjoying coffee is not unique.

>Just message me to get to know me. its the best way
>blahblahblahblah
We all understand the purpose of messaging and realize talking is more beneficial. This is a wasted section. They need to be interested in who you are before they'll ever begin a conversation with you.

Show me something about you that stands out. WHY are you an interesting person? What makes you unique?

>>18261646
Good pics.
The clown one is weird though. What is that?
>>
>>18261646 >>18261648

I wouldn't do any of this.

>1. Look at how stupid I can make my face on the first photo you'll see of me
>2. Look at this here bull I got for you
>3. I heard it was a good idea to show you my dog, so this is me hugging my dog like a 14 year old girl, and also my dog is a psychopath
>4. Try and find me in this ocean of most likely better looking penises
>5. This is me trying my very hardest in the most awkward pose done by anyone ever
>6. This is my other stupid face I made when I was bored sitting in the same spot as my first photo

Bio:
>Here are all my memes

Tell us your stats if you want us to improve in them
>>
>>18261694

Thats a band called the Protomen.

>>18261696

Well what suggestions are there for my bio? I have no clue what to put at all that would make me appealing to the general masses.

I am 26 yr old male who likes video games, anime, programming, drumming, oil diffisuing, working out to name a few things.

Aside from my headshots those are all really the best pictures I have of me. Should I just get some professionally done? Or am I just ugly as fuck?
>>
>>18261646
Brush your hair to the side and delete that stupid bio. All your pictures are bad

>>18259241
remove that dog filter. Why the fuck are you even using a dog filter in the first place. I understand it slims your face but it makes you look like a fag. I even asked one of my friends thats a girl and she agrees that its cringe. Its already cringe when girls do it.

>>18257107
lose weight and take a better pic w/ ur pug and make it ur prof pic
>>
>>18259241
I don't like that vest. I think it should be a jacket. Also, yeah, remove the dog filter.

Look friendlier in the first one, and have a picture of yourself in a happy moment rather than having the dog filter one.
>>
>>18261722
the pic with the dog is cute, and making a dog pic a first pic is too obvious a meta game, which is saying a lot
>>
File: 1467982695704.jpg (114KB, 449x721px) Image search: [Google]
1467982695704.jpg
114KB, 449x721px
>>18257107
Dude you're fucked. Overweight, receding hairline, no handsome traits. You're wasting your time on tinder. Learn how to go out and hit on drunk girls.

>>18259241
All of those pics are pretty ghey desu

Maybe keep #4 and #1 as your 4th and 5th pictures, but you need some more serious pictures without filters or you in a whacky situation

>>18261646
>>18261648

Holy fuck dude get a haircut and lose the goatee if you still have it, you look like a potential pedophile.

You're not big enough to be taking a gym pic like that. How long have you been lifting? I'm around the same height as you and have similar arms, maybe a little more muscular. Been lifting for about 6 months...but I would never take a pic like that, lol. You're not there yet.

Absolutely no to the Rick and Morty quote and mention of video games. Might as well say "Hey! I'm a sperg!"

Just put 6' in your profile if you want to list your height, never say "about" anything. I'm just below 6'1' in shoes but I just put 6'1 anyway.

Redo your entire profile after a complete style change.
>>
>>18261715
>26 yr old
Wow. Did not expect. Anyway, get a haircut. You're not ugly, man. You just do cringy facial expressions. Some girls might find that cute, but since you're 26, you might want to show a more mature side as well as being youthful. Something for the more adult section of ladies your age. Trust that your face looks good enough, without making faces. Just chill my dude

>male who likes video games, anime, programming, drumming, oil diffisuing, working out to name a few things.
Try writing this with more elequent and imaginative language.
>When I'm not hitting snares or gyms, I'm digging deep into reshaping and greenifying the oiling industry. Come on and distract me from churning out my flash and java, over a pleasantly crafted beverage
Not that I would advice you to actually use this, I don't know the first thing about your hobbies - my point is you can say the exact same stuff, just make it sound more interesting
>>
>>18261763

Yeah been lifting for almost 4 months.

Definitely lost the goatee. I have no facial hair. I don't really plan to get a haircut as it looks like shit short. But yeah I definitely should have pics of it combed.

Okay dropped the Rick and Morty. Fixed the height and dropped the video games.

I love my drums and cooking. I am 6' if that matters.

That okay?
>>
>>18261813

I see your point. Makes sense. I'll figure something more interesting than what I just posted...

Alright that's two for haircut. I guess I should probably think about it then...

I'll probably take new pictures and shit once I decide on a hair cut.
>>
File: 1471528029107.jpg (18KB, 281x217px) Image search: [Google]
1471528029107.jpg
18KB, 281x217px
>>18261827
I guarantee there is a style out there for you that's better than the one you have now. Go to a salon or a good barber and ask for suggestions. Cutting that shit is an absolute must. You look very childish.

Bio is fine. Maybe say "6' dude who loves his drums and cooking."

Tinder is like 85% pics, 15% bio. Nobody really actually cares what you put in your bio. it's a hookup app for christ's sake. Your pictures are pretty shitty and that's what's gonna actually hurt you.

Also, how picky are you with your swipes? Any matches yet?
>>
File: IMG_20170426_193631.jpg (3MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170426_193631.jpg
3MB, 1836x3264px
>>18262138

Very rare. If I ever get any it's a bot.

Bio I'll make more thoughtful like the previous anon said.

Also decided on getting a haircut. Better?
>>
>>18262252
Better than before for sure.

No offense dude, but you're not particularly good looking and you probably never will be. You just don't have the features for it.

Keep lifting. Bulk up. Trade those glasses for contacts. Maybe try putting some shirtless pics on there a year from now and see what happens.
>>
File: 67b.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
67b.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>18250471
Online dating is fucking disgusting
>>
>>18262252
Have a friend take pictures of you doing stuff. Preferably when you talk about stuff that's fun and'll make you smile/laugh naturally. It'll make for better pictures, and you won't have the camera stuck right up in your face. It'll give you an above average 6/10, no homo
>>
Should I list my height? I'm 5'11. I think it's desperate but I also imagine it's important.
>>
>>18262592
If you want to use your height as your selling point, then do it with photos. Find a short fat bro and cosplay as Mario + Luigi together, add it to other photos of you doing things that are either manly or chill (get both.)
>>
>>18250515
>Girls are never LOOKING for a relationship, not unless they are really serious about that stuff. I stay away from those kind of girls. They are immature, want a fairytale fantasy to come to reality, and will essentially make your life a living hell.

I think you might have just finished off the (long withering) dating instinct in me. Fuck relationshits; I already know I'm not going to get a good one. I'm just going to move a little closer to Nevada and save my money up for brothels.
>>
So I started seeing a girl a week ago off tinder and our two dates were excellent

She gave me the green light the first date, but I decided I wanted to wait to get to know her. She thought it was sweet. Second date things got more aggressive but then she stopped me from going all the way.

I've seen couples who've met on tinder and are in LTR's, is it possible mine could go that route too?
The last couple days have been rocky with this girl. Just hoping not to get ghosted.
>>
File: 20170426_223019.png (356KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20170426_223019.png
356KB, 1440x2560px
>>18256297
It happened. But with a different girl. We made out for 3 hours straight

Her legs were absolutely T H I C C. I need more ;_;
>>
File: IMG_0720.jpg (140KB, 638x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0720.jpg
140KB, 638x1136px
I've had Tinder for 3 months and haven't gotten a single match. I feel incredibly discouraged..

If it matters, my other 2 pictures are me and a group of friends in Venice and me flying in an airplane
>>
>>18262689
You look like Ashton Kutcher holyshit
>>
>>18262719

Are you high?

If I looked like Ashton Kutcher I'd have been matched the first day I made my account. He wouldn't have an empty inbox folder 3 months later.
>>
>>18262689
That first line is bad. Like holy shit bad.

Rest is ok. Maybe emoji flag the ones you've been to and say where you want to go next?
>>
>>18262848

>first line is bad

Why? I've seen so many profiles that say the same thing

the emojis won't do shit. I used to have Tinder and had emoji flags for all the places I've been but it didn't make a difference. I'm really starting to believe I'm just not attractive enough. In the past 3 months, 0 matches. When I used to have Tinder before, I only got maybe 7 matches in a 6 month period. Most of them were bots. And the few actual matches I had were girls I don't even remember swiping right, they were fat.
>>
>>18262880
Just seems overly self defeatist and lacking confidence.

A girl saying something like that can be cute in a way, but for a guy not so much.
>>
>>18262923

Fucking double standards.

But anyways, that can't be the reason I'm not getting matched. I didn't have that on my old profile, and I had the same pictures on my old one. Everything was the same except for that 1 sentence and I had emoji flags..
>>
>>18262689

your pic looks like someone posing for a tinder pic. thats not exciting. you have to look like youre about to fuck someone and you know it. you need those vibes in the photo. cant look like some dipshit.
>>
>>18262933

>you have to look like youre about to fuck someone and you know it.

What the fuck does that even mean? most of the girls I swipe right on just have normal pictures of themselves. They are not all seductively gazing into the camera lense..
>>
File: images (55).jpg (28KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images (55).jpg
28KB, 470x313px
>>18262929
>Fucking double standards.
Get used to it. This counts doubly for tinder.
>>
>>18263005
Well even still it doesn't matter. I can't get matched. I must be ugly
>>
File: tom-hanks-explosion.gif (842KB, 228x171px) Image search: [Google]
tom-hanks-explosion.gif
842KB, 228x171px
I've never used online dating in my entire life, I usually just add girls from /soc/ to have nice mic conversations with, but I'd like something more.

I'd just really like to find a qt to watch movies and TV shows with, just seeing where it goes from there. I'm not like a fedora tipping lard ass or anything, I'm just not really in a position to meet girls any other way.

Would Tinder be my best option for finding girls for this sort of thing?
>>
>>18262940

why the fuck do you think girls and guys use tinder the same way? learn the fucking game, man.
>>
>>18263035

I fucking quit
>>
>>18262689
nobody gives a fuck that you travel. Put up some pics of you traveling if that's what you want to show. Your bio should be funny, or give an indication that you have a career/life
>>
>>18263022
I'm not touching the thing with a mile long pole, but my observations of frustrated Tinder users are that their profiles completely fucking suck.

>Picture 1: meaningless selfie with nothing else but my baby face
>Picture 2: here's a picture I took of some scenery

You need bros. You need action. You need fun. You need chill. If you get this into your profile then it will probably change things noticeably. Women are sitting there flipping through countless profiles at a time; saying what amounts to yes-or-no on them. If you look the same as all the other potatoes, it's a no.
>>
>>18263065
Right way to travel:
>Here's me and the crew doing _____ at _____ (picture is proof)

Wrong way to travel:
>Here's yet another generic photo of the Eiffel Tower

Don't travel for distance; travel for stuff. Do stuff. Be stuff.
>>
>>18261633
Yeah.. this is really hard to fix
>>
>>18262689
There's nothing going on in this profile.
Make something. Take a good pic, write something better.
Stop being boring.
>>
>>18250503
probably a stupid question, but how do you start a conversation
>>
>>18263997

A good picture. Seriously. All you need is a good picture and a "Hello". Then you just talk about something. It is really that simple.
>>
>>18264341
I can agree with this. I changed my profile pic, and the number of girls saying I'm "cute" has skyrocketed.
>>
>>18264371
what was your pic like and what's your pic now?
>>
File: 1490988478289.jpg (58KB, 1000x935px) Image search: [Google]
1490988478289.jpg
58KB, 1000x935px
>>18264736
I had a shirtless pic vs me smirking with a button down. I posted earlier in the thread. I was the one called out for having a jawline
>>
>>18264780
is this you? >>18251353
>>
>>18264784
Yes. I've had more luck with the polo than with the shirtless one. I'm also seeing someone tonight, so wish me luck.
>>
>>18264821
good luck kyle
>>
File: 1493310859532m.jpg (83KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493310859532m.jpg
83KB, 724x1024px
I live in a small town and got few matches, my pics are old and im working super hard to get fit. Should i make a new account with new pics in a month or two since chicks already swiped right? So a new fb account will put me at the top of the pile again?
>>
File: 1493149965609.png (508KB, 593x594px) Image search: [Google]
1493149965609.png
508KB, 593x594px
>>18264823
Thanks. I ended up getting cucked by her college's coed policy. She goes to a Catholic college, and guys and girls must be seperate at 11. So I'm back at home with blue balls.

The worst part is, I go back home tomorrow since it's the end of the semester. JUST
>>
File: Kms.jpg (54KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
Kms.jpg
54KB, 597x597px
How do I get good selfie pictures for my Tinder? I got one great one of me a friend took, one with buddies, but I can't get any others. I am a pretty good looking dude in person and in the mirror, but for some reason when I take a selfie, my head is so massive and I look like a retard. I can't believe I am actually asking this, but how in the fuck do you guys master the selfie? Am I just being too critical about myself?
>>
>>18265883
>head slightly tilted (I personally tilt right)
>head forward to accent any sort of jaw you might have
>squint, but don't try to hard, otherwise you look like a try hard
>smile, but again, don't smile too hard unless it's genuine. Depends on the case.
>have your shoulders in there and try not to have your face too close to the camera.

Practice makes perfect. I usually get my practice in through snapping whatever matches I get. Although, if there's anything another anon may add, that would help. That's my advice
>>
>tfw ugly (short, mixed, with a weird nose)
>>
>>18265955
>not swiping right on everyone and flirting up whoever matches
I'm ugly as an abused stray dog and I still fucked 3 uggos. Dont think youll get a model since you already have that self conscious of being ugly.
>>
>>18265966
Okay. I will
>>
File: IMG_20170428_001753.png (906KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170428_001753.png
906KB, 1080x1920px
How is this?
>>
>tfw you're short and have acne and you're pretty sure you're wasting your time
>>
>>18252392
le pearl necklace
>>
>>18265750
So? Can't you get laid back home?
>>
>>18265991
you look like a drug addict
>>
>>18267371
Thanks buddy
>>
>>18265991
What ethnicity are you
>>
>>18265966
What's the fun in fucking uggos?
>>
File: commonpepe.jpg (141KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
commonpepe.jpg
141KB, 1000x750px
>>18250515
>tfw you see your crush on tinder, you don't get a match and she disappears from there altogether
>>
>>18267365
Not necessarily. We live quite aways away.
>>
>>18267651
Black/Asian/white
>>
>>18267751
Just use the app home silly, have sex with other girls
>>
>>18267797
That's tough bro lol
>>
>>18267999
Not really. I've never cared.
>>
>>18250471
Who /bumble/ here? Why do girls match and not message (guys aren't allowed to message first)? If I extend the message waiting period, will that get them more inclined to send a message, or is that like superliking someone on tinder?
>>
>>18268254
Because they don't know how the app works. They're just that stupid.
The ones that do know are so typically basic they don't even know what to say.
>>
File: 78217595.jpg (12KB, 236x173px) Image search: [Google]
78217595.jpg
12KB, 236x173px
So i REALLY want to meet and date a QT feminine trap and tips and what do i do
Im a kv and would rather date real girls but interested in traps
Wat do
>>
>>18268298
Find a dating thing online for transvestites? Fuck if I know.
>>
>>18268298
There are maybe 5% traps on tinder in my area.
>>
>>18267728
Your fault for oneitis bro.
>>
>>18267713
I'm ugly and can't get a 6? Its my only option unless I'm trying to buy an escort.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170428-050402.png (209KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170428-050402.png
209KB, 1440x2560px
How's this? Took like 15 minutes to piece together.
>>
>>18269154
Would swipe left/10. Autism overflow.
>>
File: IMG_20170429_070552.jpg (209KB, 1080x1682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170429_070552.jpg
209KB, 1080x1682px
This gets 10+ matches a DAY

I have over 100 women to choose from
>>
>>18269428

And 100 to lie to.
>>
>>18250471
Why does thread even exist?

Men, if you're not white, 6'0" plus and earn over $100,000 then you won't get any attention whatsoever.

Women-you don't need to be anything.
>>
>>18269154
Just put the "Just looking to meet new people...." part the rest it's unnecessary.
>>
>>18269428
If even an ugly guy like that gets matches, then everyone can.
>>
>>18269517
You're on the wrong board. Bitter kissless virgin basement-dwelling manchildren belong on /r9k/, not /adv/.
>>
>>18269154
>Taurus - Dragon
can not stop laughing
>>
>>18269556
Enjoy being catfished by fatties then.
>>
>>18268891
I'm the same and I prefer to buy escorts, but that's just me.
>>
OP here, really glad this thread worked out as well as it did, one week of advice is nice.

Still has a way to go before it 404's, but if anyone has any ideas for OP content, like links to advice, formatting ideas, questions, etc - feel free to chime in.

I'm thinking about having one of these generals up on a somewhat consistent basis, similar to the ask the opposite gender ones.
>>
File: IMG_0969.png (19KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0969.png
19KB, 220x220px
>>18269793
Yeah well done op. Not really sure how to contribute with specs, didn't get many replies for my posts itt, but I for one learnt a lot which has made me quite good at getting women wet via text from "text your ex back" and "text your wife into bed" by Michael Fiore. In my experience, no matter what you're looking for, as long as you can handle promiscuous women, either for relationships or hookups, you will stand out among [her] other dating candidates, if you light a spark in her sexual imagination.

This has worked on all my tinder dates, with sex on first date, except for one (I just had a hunch it would take a different tactic, so didn't write lewd, and I was right. Still seeing her after five months and counting.)

Til;dr women are into sexual fantasy in written form (Men are visual, which explains dickpics and how we intuitively think it's a good idea.)
>>
I'm an ugly girl. I downloaded tinder and got no matches in 24hrs.

The myth that all women can get laid whenever they feel like it is just that, a myth.
>>
>>18269892
>24hrs
Be a little more patient. Report back when it has been an entire week without matches.
>>
File: 1492987098205.png (163KB, 232x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492987098205.png
163KB, 232x480px
>>18250471
anyone here have a six pack? how much more sucess do you have? I'm at 14% bf and thinking about cutting for the sloots next year at college.
>>
>>18252979
First line of bio is gold. Main pic is good but find a better one if you can. Drop the black sabbath imo unless you're actually in it. Shirtless pic w / bald guy is ehhh
>>
>>18269979

Nonsense. Attractive people get matches, I'm not going to be in denial or kid myself.
>>
>>18270087
Or you can blame it on the universe, sure.
>>
>>18269999
nobody cares about a 6pack if you're a skeleton
>>
>>18270729
leave underage
>>
>>18270729
Here's your obligatory (You) and "Cool fake story bro"

But that's not the girls fault but yours for not being a man. You blocked her? That's passive aggressive girl shit and you know it. Tell her to fuck off and hell, from the start it's not smart to get involved with people you just purely want to fuck. Look up backpage if that's all your after. Less wasting of the valuable resource known as time,instant action.
>>
>>18269428
Post proof please

I sort of believe you but not really
>>
>>18270765
lol let me explain myself.

so I acted so nice all the time, more than I'll ever be IRL, but that wasn't just so I can bang her. it was like something to mask my real shitty personality. plus she was a wild chick so I think she liked me for the way I look (she was like a skater chick and I am tall, I dress nice, and our looks kinda match, and we have similar styles. what happened was that this chick was super flirty since we started texting. I mean I had never seen a girl send me heart emojis, stickers, love quotes since day one and that was creepy. would you date some sort of insane chick? I mean first day, my personality was almost nerdish, and she keept sending retarded shit. that went on for a week. I had given her my Skype so she can verify I'm not a 40yo perv in a dating site so she used that to call me at 3am because she was bored. I asked her when we met if she liked, liked me. she was like hmm not that way but your a cool dude tho. sorry. I said alright and at that moment I knew I had fucked up (or maybe she fucked it up) so since we started talking about Its Always Sunny in Philly and since she was also a big fan I was like let's go at my house and watch season 12. she was cool with that. that day I had bought a pack of condoms but that was just because you never know. she asked me while we were walking if I had condoms and winked. I told her I did. things took off from there, sex was hella awkward (nothing like in porns) just slow, and long story short not what I had imagined. after that we decided we wouldn't do that again. she said yes. and besides the sex thingy nothing was working out. so like that was it. she kept texting me then late and at 3am asking for advice on other guys (I became basically her gay friend) and she started showing at my house uninvited. so I just told her what I wanted to say but she continued bothering me because "she has done so much for me". I blocked her. online chicks are insane
>>
>>18270801
well we had a selfie together but I deleted it. either believe it or not :/
>>
>>18270332
My bench is almost 2 plates so im far from skelly
>>
>>18270861
not then
>>
>>18269793
>really glad this thread worked out as well as it did

It really didn't though. Most of the thread is just talking about Tinder. You can't try this shit on Match or E-Harmony. They won't be interested out of lack of info.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.