[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a bad idea to go to college to get a college loan just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (71KB, 504x566px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 504x566px
Is it a bad idea to go to college to get a college loan just to use the extra free time and money to start a business

Any job I can get right now is about minimum wage and would require me to work more than going to school for the minimum amount of time

Extra benefit would be to take relevant classes
>>
>>17853000
Student loans don't work that way my man.
They go directly to the university and you just foot the bill later. Unless you mean private loans, which are harder to get.
>>
>>17853000
We get this a lot, it's fraud and as the above poster said you'll get only what remains after tuition is paid.

Fucking idiots I swear, if you "thought" about this idea as much as your business you're doomed to fail. Who am I kidding you were going to fail anyway.
>>
>>17853008
>>17853005
I was asking because my friend has been his FASFA money for a couple years to fund his dropshipping buisness and has been making a decent amount of money

So he's gonna get caught then?
>>
>>17853014

He's not spending his FAFSA; he's spending his refund from FAFSA, which is what is left over of the funds lent to him after his tuition is paid for.

In doing so, he's breaking the terms of the contract he signed to recieve FAFSA, and he's also really stupid because he's taking out a loan and then throwing most of it away (the tuition money which goes to the uni he's no attending), just as a way to get the cash left over.

If his business was working so well, it wouldn't need him to keep funding it in this stupid and illegal way. It's obviously not paying for itself, and to break even overall he would need it to pay for itself AND his loan payments.

Don't be as stupid as your friend, Anon.
>>
>>17853014
He's probably overfunded, see
>>17853037

If he's attending uni and dropshipping on the side and making money, he should be funding it via his business to pay off his loans faster.
>>
>>17853037
He only used the money for the first few months to get started
He makes like 800 profit a month now and uses his fasfa refund money for other shit like food and going out

He's been attending school to do nursing stuff so idk how it was a waste

Is that really stupid?
Is this possible with a different kind of loan besides fasfa?
>>
>>17853230
>Nursing

Wew lad

Also yes it's doable with any sort of loan given you pay it back. The hard part is getting non-college loans to do that sort of thing with.
>>
>>17853230
Yes it's really stupid. It's highly illegal and if someone snitches on him, his entire future goes byebye.

If you have to ask us how to game the system, you're not smart enough to do it.

Alright let's say for example you manage to pull it off. Only a few of your friends knows. What if one of them decides to tell the feds? Or someone gets suspicious and asks how you're funding a business as a poor student? What you gonna do then?
>>
>>17853238
Ok I'll look into it

>>17853258
I'm very good at lying don't worry
Just assume I'm going to get caught if it makes you feel better
>>
>>17853296
>I'm very good at lying

That'll help when you're caught committing fraud, because...?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.