[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you know if you are a bad person?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
How do you know if you are a bad person?
>>
>>16864653
Intent. It's your intentions that count. Everyone can fuck up and that includes hurting people (emotionally). Just ask yourself if your intentions are good.
>>
>>16864680
How do I know?

What intentions are good and which ones are bad?
>>
>>16864686
Well, do you try to hurt people or would you like to have positive interactions with people? Are you bitter or jealous towards people, do you want them to suffer?

Very few people are 'bad' people. Most people who question it are just a bit confused.
>>
>>16864686
You should know....

Are you not self aware enough to feel the pangs of shitty thoughts coming from yourself?
>>
>>16864686
You can't tell bad from good? Maybe you're not evil but retarded.
>>
>>16864696
good and bad is socially constructed. Good and bad through out history has been based on what is useful and not useful to improving the quality of ones life.
>>
>>16864702
Pls think a little bit
>>
>>16864703
That would be your job. The topic? Good intent vs bad intent. Even small kids can tell the difference, so it shouldn't be hard.
>>
>>16864703
please explain why i am wrong. simply look at history and your answer will be presented to you. just because your community deems something bad doesn't mean that same moral applies to everyone.
>>
>>16864692
What about being selfish? Only doing things for your own benefit?

>>16864693
They seem completely random.

>>16864711
It is hard. I am literally this retarded.
>>
>>16864717
Provide examples.
>>
>>16864717
Being selfish is OK is you're not hurting anyone else.
>>
>>16864717
everyone is selfish. you just need to learn how to not appear completely self servant because people will not want to associate themselves with you. i dont give a shit about most other people but i dont show it because then everyone would hate me. its pretty obvious really.
>>
>>16864653
To me it's when you are willing to hurt other people for your own advancement. You don't care about the wellbeing of others and only think of yourself.

However, It's not bad (to me) to choose yourself over others. For example your friend is stranded 5hrs away from home and needs to be at work tomorrow morning but you also need to be at work so you can't give him a ride back.

I met a lot of people who enjoyed creating drama and fights in the work environment just to get attention. They would manipulate and subtly insult other coworkers. That's bad.

Idk what else comes to mind. Hurting others is an obvious example to me but there are other things that are in a gray area that I don't fully have an opinion on, either...
>>
>>16864722
About which one?
>>
>>16864680
I have to call bullshit on this.

Remember the old saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"?

Take a moment to think about that, or bury your head up your ass even further.
>>
>>16864832
The road to being a retard is paved with regurgitating tired memes.

Anti-slavery was good intentions. Are we now all in hell because people are free?
>>
A good person is somebody who, in general, tries to do good things. A bad person is somebody who, in general, tries to do bad things. Who you are inside doesn't matter. What you do (or what you try to do, anyway) does.

This is actually really simple, dude.
>>
>>16864653
Everyone's a bad person. The trick is to find a way to not worry about it so much. Many people find confessing their sins to be helpful.
>>
>>16864702
Cultural relativists pls go.

>>16864877
Catholics pls go.
>>
Do you care about doing bad things? Do you feel guilty when you do bad things? Do you like to do good things?

I'd say that a bad person is a person that hurts others, or wants to hurt others, and doesn't feel negatively about doing so. Good people can do bad things, and bad people can do good things, but I feel your intentions and your reactions do more to define who you are than your actions (which still do count for something).
>>
>>16864881
One night my mom was crying. I felt bad about it and I think it might've had to do with me. The next day she was yelling at me so I told her that I almost felt sorry for her last night after crying, but not anymore.

That got her really good.

Fuck that bitch.
>>
>>16864861
>>16864861
Woah, watch that edge retarded Internet tough guy. I bet in the real world you would never say that to someone and your a giant pussy.

Have fun talking shit to anons since you obviously have a lot of pent up anger to release from being a pushover and no backbone to do so in the real world, faggot.
>>
File: tumblr_lh0ck3pmjQ1qfdp9do1_500.jpg (97KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lh0ck3pmjQ1qfdp9do1_500.jpg
97KB, 500x365px
>>16864653
I found out when I was told that eviserating live cat's was a BAD thing, a big no no I was told.
>>
>>16865160
Don't sperg too much, idiot. I was being serious. Everything we have now, we owe to people with good intentions.

Good intentions that ultimately become bad things? New age feminism.

Good intentions that ultimately became good things? Anti-slavery.

That quote is simplistic. I can't even call it two dimensional, because it can't incorporate the most obvious exceptions that exist around us.

The person who invented that quote was dumb, and so is anyone who listens to it. Life is too complex to be put in a fortune cookie.
>>
>>16865191
your fault is you left witnesses. what is right and wrong with no survivors?
>>
>>16865477

Even with both examples you have given you surmise that the intentions didn't have a lot to do with the outcome. Hence intentions don't add up to shit and instead actions regardless of the intentions backing them have the impact be it good or bad. the quote is fine, it's you that is the problem since you evidently have down syndrome.

I'm done arguing with convoluted retards, you keep on thinking you've proven some point beyond what the quote does even though you haven't.

I'll try and not to trigger you in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>16865665
>Hence intentions don't add up to shit and instead actions regardless of the intentions backing them have the impact be it good or bad.

You finally said something right, for once.

You can be the most evil hearted piece of shit, but if you cover it up by donations and not doing anything to go to prison for, people will sing your praises.

Its like Im talking to someone who hasn't even taking a philosophy class yet. Read some Plato's Republic.

No one judges people based on their insides, only their acts and words.
>>
>>16864680
Not everyone is honest with themselves. Some people are delusional and think that their selfish behavior has good intentions.

>>16864686
>What intentions are good and which ones are bad?

Don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.