[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every time I'm put in a new social situation I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: frustrated wojak.jpg (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
frustrated wojak.jpg
8KB, 205x246px
Every time I'm put in a new social situation I can't make any friends. I never know what to say and feel different from everyone else, powerless like I'm in a dream. Anyone familar with this/tips please?
>>
People want to be friends with people that are cool and fun to be around. If you're a downer all the time out complain, they won't like you. It becomes a downward spiral.

To keep things simple, agree with them a few times verbally. Tell stories that coincide with theirs and preface it with "along what you were saying... Blah blah", these little things can make bigger impacts than you think. It's stupid, but our egos are stupid and easily fooled. You want to play into their ego a bit, so they can play into yours.

Use superlatives a few times but not too many times. " wow this sandwich is the best I've had in a long time " crap like this can push the conversation along. Ask them what the best place to eat for them was.

You don't need to be on point 100%with every response and over analyse everything. It won't come naturally, but you can method act and act cool. Eventually you will start to become cool to be around.
>>
Very familiar with this. I only hang out with people ive always sort of hanged out,i never make new friends cuz i get awkward when around new people and i just dont want to be seen as dumb so i rather shut up than make jokes and have fun like i ususally do. My best advice is alchohol.Not too much,just a small buzz will help u our massively trust me. Then,the problem can be that i meet a girl while kinda buzzed,we have fun and she starts to like me,and when i meet her next time im sober and its awkward,but hey thats another topic all u wanna do is stop being awkward
>>
>>16862356
What the hell, I'm taking this.
>>
>>16862334
Dude you can't conquer a demon by hiding from it.
Shoot that motherfucker in the dick.
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>16862386
How about you shoot yourself in the head instead? Noticed the rap little fag?
>>
I have no clue, but the people I meet only seem to be the "irl meme spouting" types. (Kind of like twitch chat, that's the only way i can explain it)

It also doesn't help that if I mention during a conversation, something refering to pop culture they expect me to know all about it in extreme depth/find the things they find funny, funny. So I'm pretty much against pop culture because that always happens and I have no clue how to deal with that type of situation.

When i was younger, my family and friends made a really big deal about how i interacted with people and that has completely ruined how i act around people, it makes it worse that they did it multiple times.
(They didn't even clarify what i did wrong, i didn't hurt anyone or touch anyone, i didn't even say anything offensive... and my mind is still tangled around the reason to why they made a big deal about what i did, 10 years after...)

maybe i'm just the biggest pussy in existence, bad luck for me I guess.

So I just keep to myself, even though I live at home with 4 other siblings. I had some really cool friends but im not sure if they're will to have a chat after 2 years of going completely silent.

One last thing... I don't know how to overcome this bullshit, and it fucking sucks.

This rant or what ever is probably not even related.
I just had to let it out. I'm 20 btw if this interests anyone.
>>
>>16863543
im eight fag
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.