[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Norco

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: QLT38900.jpg (35KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
QLT38900.jpg
35KB, 288x216px
Hey guys, I am in need of some advice from anyone with experience with prescription pain killers.

I am prescribed Norco 5/325 for an extruded disc in my back which I will be having surgery for soon. I am deathly afraid of becoming addicted to them. I am a correctional officer and see everyday, first hand, how these can destroy lives.

I have been on them for about 2 months and only take 1 or two a day if any at all (some days I dont need to take any depending on my pain level.) However sometimes I catch myself craving them for the high that they can produce and try to convince myself that I need to take one. I won't take one unless I am in some sort of pain but sometimes its not severe pain and I'll take it just to be totally pain free (even if it is just mild pain). I never take more than prescribed, I never drink on them or use any other illicit drugs, and I don't run out of them very quickly.

Does this make me an addict? I get very anxious about this everyday and it's all I can think about sometimes (not taking the pills, but whether or not I am addicted to them).
>>
>>16861224
>I am prescribed Norco 5/325 for an extruded disc in my back which I will be having surgery for soon.

You will be given something stronger after the surgery for a few weeks.

Talk to your doctor after the surgery about getting off of them. You will be fine assuming you don't go looking for pills on the street.
>>
>>16861254
Thanks for the response. I have absolutely no intention of ever trying to find them illicitly. I could not even imagine myself doing that
>>
>>16861259
Trust me, it happens. You turn into some disgusting shell of a human being when you're an addict, and your brain will try to reason and find excuses to why YOU doing it is less terrible than other people doing it.
Like "I'm a correctional officer, it's not like I'm on the streets begging for money", "I'm not a criminal, I'm not harming anyone", etc
Believe me, 5 year addict talking here. I guess all I can suggest is: don't forget you're human, and if given the circumstances, you'd eat a live baby if you had to. You're as human as every addict, murderer, criminal and suicidal person there has ever been, so please take care of yourself and realize you too can become corrupt, addicted or dead.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.