[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Should I just kill myself? I spent years...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 437x336) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 437x336
Should I just kill myself? I spent years going to university to go into IT and program because I liked it somewhat but now that I'm graduated and looking for work I don't feel I can do any of the jobs. Even the graduate positions seem too hard for me. I can't even be motivated to do project to try and improve and even if I did I can't just do nothing for months. I've already been doing that. I can't even be bothered to do things I enjoy. Nothing is fun everything is hard. Food tastes like shit and is a chore to eat. Exercising is tiring and seems to make me fatter.

I can't really do anything about it either.
>>
Seek professional help. You're not going to get better unless you want to get better.
>>
>>16859931
What is a professional going to do except give me drugs?
>>
>>16859934
Give you free drugs
>>
>>16859934
Psychiatrists give you drugs. Counselors are there to talk to and give advice.
>>
>>16859958
I just can't think of any advice I'm not already aware of.
>>
>>16859964
Are you interested in getting better? I spoke to a counselor for a year and took medication for two years. I'm not fully recovered, but I would recommend to at least speak to a counselor. They may offer some insight.
>>
>>16859996
I am, I just hate the idea of going to someone for this. I've been before and it made me feel like shit for whatever reason so I stopped. What if I'm just being a hypochondriac? The only reason it's happening is because of me so the only one who can fix it is me. I also don't have a few years to do nothing. I'm already getting questions when I apply for jobs why I haven't had one yet.
>>
>>16859923
So you have a kik OP ? I'm kinda in a similar position and we could chat if you'd like .
>>
>>16859958
Drugs can be really helpful, though.

I've been through counseling and been on drugs, and both definitely exist for good reasons.
>>
Also taking IT here and the thought of working a job in the field is daunting. Seriously considering visiting a counsellor or something but I'm too anxious.
>>
>>16859923
job openings always sound harder than they actually are, the team goes to HR with a list of features they want and then HR draws it up like you need to be literally every one of them to even have a chance at the job, in reality the hired candidate will be nowhere near there except for prestigious jobs

start interviewing you'll be surprised how easy it is honestly
>>
>>16860391
I don't have kik, sorry. I'm a huge loser so no need for social apps.

>>16860454
Do independent projects while you have an excuse to waste time.

>>16860461
The biggest problem is I have such a broad range of knowledge nothing is very in-depth. jack of all trades, master of none kind of thing.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>>16860500
Haha something like this? I feel this way too.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Thread DB ID: 546590

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.