[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

self improvement and motivation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1455765981334.jpg (102KB, 1305x768px) Image search: [Google]
1455765981334.jpg
102KB, 1305x768px
I am finally at a point where I could really improve myself. But I have no motivation to. How do I keep up motivation? I often find i sabotage myself.
>>
>>16856082
read books about people greater than you doing the things you wanna do. like lifting weights? read arnold schwartzenegger's books. total recall is a good one.

read tim fucking grover's (coach for michael jordan) "relentless". i promise you wont be disappointed.

watch videos of people you admire. motivation is all around you. just gotta know where to look.

what do you want to improve on anon?
>>
File: 1456565772097.jpg (56KB, 356x276px) Image search: [Google]
1456565772097.jpg
56KB, 356x276px
>>16856127
I want to get to get decent at surfing, I want to learn to program and I want to get aesthetic. I've stopped playing vidya, but now I just waste my days in other ways.
>>
>>16856082
You just need a very strong reason to keep doing what you are doing. For instance, when I want to keep studying but have no motivation for it, I try to remember every time that I've been bullied, and that I must end up making more money than they do. For me, that's something that is above anything that may try to pull me out of my routine.
>>
>>16856162

Oh wow dude this is a horrible philosophy. You sure you want to make more money than the biggest bully? That could take a while.
>>
>>16856135
BRO HABITS MAN YOU CAN'T JUST SUDDENLY SAY BOOM MOTIVATION YOU HAVE TO GAIN HABITS POWER DAY BY DAY
>>
>>16856291
Its called having a reason, doesn't necessarily need to be realistic.
>>
>>16856422
Yeah, well I guess that's what I have trouble with, and want to fix.
>>
File: 1456470237643.jpg (75KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
1456470237643.jpg
75KB, 640x624px
>>16856523
I have things I want to get into the habbit of doing, but i don't have the motivation and self control to force myself to do them. I guess I should look into habbit making behavior, and the like.
>>
>>16856082

Break everything up into little pieces so you don't get overwhelming by the whole of it. Do one tiny thing, then decide after that if you'll do another tiny thing. You'll probably find after you do a few tiny things it's easier to keep going.

E.g. with programming you could commit to spending just 20 minutes on a Code Academy or Coursera or other class, then either quit for the day or do another set. Project Euler is a good way to exercise your programming abilities, also. Pick a project you want to program and work towards that. The world of programming is massive so it helps to pick an actual project to give direction and context to your studies. I recommend starting with Python since it's as easy to pick up as it is popular.
>>
File: audrey.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
audrey.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>16856536
I have decided to start learning c++ from this playlist on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAE85DE8440AA6B83
I'm about a third through but haven't done any for the last two weeks. Lack of persistent self control.

Project euler seems really cool, I'll definitly give that a look.

I'm thinking if i split my goals into blocks and try to stick a plan for my week, at the start of the week organise when i'll go to the gym, when i'll study for class, when i'll do personal study like programing ect. Or would this be setting myself up for failure?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.