[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to PA next month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1427374716915.jpg (67KB, 449x800px) Image search: [Google]
1427374716915.jpg
67KB, 449x800px
>RELATIONSHIP AND TRAVELING ADVICE

I'll be moving into Baltimore, MD and eventually Phillie, PA in the next month. Already have a job and housing set up. this is shitty news to my gf of 2 years who won't be coming with me, She's concerned it'll be the end of our relationship, and I'm too logical of a thinker to tell her she's wrong.

How do you maintain a relationship from 1000 miles away?

Also open to any advice for living up north. never left the south, never seen snow. don't know what to wear, what to buy when i get there, or what to avoid getting into. so general traveling advice would be cool.
>>
>>16855121
You don't. Agree to see other people.

Snow FUCKING sucks and actually going out in it is asking for trouble. Everything else is just common sense.
>>
>>16855128
She'll never agree to that. I'm literally the only thing she has in this world and she'd completely crack if i forced it on us, getting back together would never work.

Also, why is going out in snow asking for trouble? see video's of people playing in it all the time. Also heard you can legit die in that shit.. is this true? I mean obviously facing an avalanche you'd get your shit wrecked, but I mean can you really die from extended snow exposure? or do you have to be naked in a blizzard?
>>
>>16855149
bump
>>
>>16855149
It's wet white bullshit and drains your vitality like some sort of distributed micro vampire network.
It makes cars go bananas and kills people by crushing their roofs while they sleep.

Snow FUCKING sucks. The pictures don't do it justice.

You cannot make ldrs work. She either follows you or you leave her behind. You can go visit but travelling 1000 miles routinely is going to be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>16855149
Then the relationship will die on its own.

Snow ain't all that bad in PA. You'll get used to it. You are moving to two cities with a lot of blacks and impressive crime rates. Choose residence area carefully no matter your race.
>>
I was the opposite, I moved from around Philly to southern NC after a 2 year relationship. She believed it could work and I didn't at first. I started to believe it would work. She ended it last month saying that maybe in the future it could work. I was 500 miles from her while you're only 100. Driving to meet halfway is viable for you and you could make it work if both of you tried.

However, it's really really really hard. I don't know what I could have done differently to make things work.

I grew up in snow so it was always somewhat easy to drive in for me. A tip though: get a 4WD if possible, and stay away from RWD if you're driving in ice.
>>
I know snow, it's really not that bad once you get used to it. My advice is don't cheap out on your extremities. Gloves or mitts, a toque and a scarf or neckwarmer will go a long way. Layers under a jacket will ensure that the wind stays away from your skin.
>>
>>16855255
how to make it a smooth death?
also, I'm coming from miami, crime is comfy. but Ik the dangers of being an outsider, so I appreciate your input. do you know any neighborhoods that are safe to travel in? also want to avoid color based ganglands, don't feel like stripping naked in efforts to avoid being shot only to get stabbed.

>>16855262
you misread, 1000, not 100 haha. but whats your take on philly? best places to visit? restaurants to eat at? things to do in town?

>>16855264
thanks, noted on the gloves. fuck does my neck need to be warm for though?
>>
>>16855332
>you misread, 1000, not 100 haha

Baltimore is only 100 miles from Philly. Unless you're already in an LDR and you're already 900 miles away from her.

Basically everywhere in north Philly is nice, you'll see white couples walking their dog at 10 pm without worrying. I frequented Kung-fu Necktie (bar and venue), but depending on your taste in music and style you might not like it.
>>
>>16855332
You cover it so it doesn't get wet and water doesn't slide your chest and soak your clothing.
>>
>>16855332
>>16855344
Oh my bad, I see now the part I misread is you're moving to Baltimore THEN Philly. Not just from Baltimore. Good luck with the LDR dude, trust me when I say you'll need it. If she's as attached to the point she'd "crack", she's going to drive you crazy by being insecure.
>>
>>16855121
>How do you maintain a relationship from 1000 miles away?

No. She either comes with you, or that's the end of things. Period, full stop.
>>
Why isn't she coming with you?
>>
>>16855121
Snow sucks mules unless you're in grade school. But even grade shool kids these days hate it.
>>
philadelphia was a mistake
>>
File: 1432886525962.jpg (96KB, 449x800px) Image search: [Google]
1432886525962.jpg
96KB, 449x800px
>>16855344
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for more info on north philly.. but the area I'll be going to is in west philly.

>>16855345
this makes sense.. thank you anon.

>>16855354
yeah, thanks man. She's an awesome woman and I really don't want to lose her. but there's nothing for me here.

>>16855384
She's caught up in family affairs. after moving in with me they treated her like shit. completely wrecked her self esteem, and put her in major depression. Since then has decided the best thing for her is moving back in with them, they promised to help her through college, getting to work, health care, etc. parent shit.

I accepted it's probably the best move for her, since we did nothing with our lives except a shit ton of illegal activity, might of been a bad influence on her. Now thing's are sparse here, and my only connections lead me to baltimore, to stay with someone who is then going to move his operations into west philly.

Best that she stay here and work on her family life and general peace of mind. She's also much safer where she's at.

she's thoroughly worried though that I'm gonna get caught up in the same shit again, get stuck up there, and instead of simply getting money, I'll fuck bitches and get money. assure her that I'm more mature than that, but she's still worried.

In all honesty though it's true. I have my mind set on one thing and one thing only, and that's getting the $40k together that we're gonna need to set our lives straight, without putting her at risk.
>>
>>16855422
why do you say that anon? details please
>>
>>16855121
pro tip. Its Philly.
>>
>>16855344
Kung-fu Necktie is the shit man.
>>
>>16855121
>>16855121
>1000 miles
>relationship

well, that was fast
>>
File: 1430400053280.jpg (77KB, 449x800px) Image search: [Google]
1430400053280.jpg
77KB, 449x800px
>>16855998
Doesn't really tell me anything at all man.
>>16856001
haha I'll have to drop in then
>>16856004
can it really be that hard? assuming that's what you're implying here.
>>
I live in PA. Things to avoid: fucking Amish man they're everywhere. Things to look forward to: Hershey Park, I still remember that time I was pissing myself going down Skyrush while hearing "the sweetest place on earth" in the distance.

Tl;dr come hang out with me, it's fun.
I'm kinda high right now ignore my bad grammar.
>>
>>16856037
hahaha I'd take you up on that if you werent anon anon. what's weed like there?

here in miami the shit is beautiful. $15/g though for things like GSC, Blue dream, OG, Grandaddy purp, and Sour D. these are the most common "loud" strains here.

whats it like there? also this info for MD would be cool too.
>>
>>16855332
>fuck does my neck need to be warm for though?
Your neck's a vulnerable area in your body. Wind and cold air will go right through it, and you'll get sick at the drop of a hat if it's not properly covered. Why do you think scarfs were invented? If you're walking around in a blizzard without a heavy coat and scarf, you're practically begging for a pneumonia. Especially considering the fact that you're not accustomed to the cold. All that said, some anons here are exaggerating how cold things get on the east coast. You're not going to freeze to death the second that a snowflake touches your skin. You just need to layer properly. Buy thermal shirts and pants, and wear as many articles of clothing as you need to to stay warm. (So long as you're not wearing so much that you start sweating.)

Just as an example, I work outside as an assistant mechanic. It was about 35 degrees yesterday with 10mph winds, and I was STILL freezing while wearing the following:
>Boxers
>thermal pants
>Work pants
>undershirt
>thermal shirt
>Turtleneck
>Thick Sweater
>Hoodie
>Coat
>Work jacket
>Two hats layered together

Granted, this was a pretty cold day, but you're going to have to get used to bundling up if you want to stay at a comfortable temperature. Especially if you're not used to the elements, and ESPECIALLY if you're not white. If your lineage traces back south of the equator, your experience in cold weather is going to suck dick.
>>
>>16856044
bump
>>
>>16856136
perhaps the most helpful info here.. thanks man.

35 is the coldest weather ive been in period. granted, It was under the clear florida sky. was wearing
>boxers
>jeans
>undershrt
>t-shirt.

only bit of uncomfort i had was freezing toes though.. it was quite refreshing actually, but i understand how different climates mean different experiences, even if the temperature is the same.

I have no idea how to wear all of that shit without looking like an idiot, guess I'll head on over to /soc/ or /fa/

also, is this still a concern during march? I mean is it still cold enough up there to warrant this attire?
>>
>>16856161
It's not really about looking stupid, it's about staying warm. If you're wearing a nice looking coat, and a decent shirt underneath for when you unzip indoors, nobody else is going to see all the crap you have going on underneath that.

Things start to warm up a lot more in March, but Spring's already in the air here in NY. the biggest pain atm is dealing with the February winds. You should still pack some turtlenecks and jackets though. I don't know how much you can tolerate cold, but for me March is still usually longsleeve weather until you start hitting the tail end of it. You also say that you've been to Florida, How well do you deal with humidity? Because for me, the humidity of the city is worse than the cold. It could just be 80 degrees, but the crazy humidity will make you want to crawl out of your skin if you're not under air conditioning. It's a whole different ballgame from dry heat.
>>
>>16856044
I've had some pretty good shit around here. $20/gram. Blue dream, at least what the dealer said. All the dealers I knew were assholes. So I stopped buying from them and switched over to the darknetmarkets. It's like $10/gram on there.
>>
>>16856194
haha good point about whats under it all.

I'm not leaving until the 10th of march, so I'll have some time to prepare but don't really know what all to bring or if its better to just wait and buy shit there. Also gives me time for the weather to change up, cause it sounds like things are pretty routine up there.

lived in FL for 20 years (all my life.) I know nothing but humidity and unpredictable weather. Also was an athlete for half of that time, so I cant imagine NY city humidity is any worse than Miami summer football games, worst part of it all is the non-air conditioned lockers.

Went to NV once for 2 weeks and my friend was like "better pack cold, it's supposed to hit 105" and so I went and bought shorts, cause I wear jeans 100% of the time here. Got there and realized that 105 felt like fucking 80 degrees, was pissed I bought shorts. felt so nice, no humidity, breeze was great. Shade actually fucking makes a difference out there.

Here stepping under shade does nothing but take the sun off your face. just as hot and humid though. went to a zoo while in NV and they had alligators in an indoor controlled climate that was like being in FL. friend could only stay in there for 2 minutes then bitched out cause he felt like he was gonna die.

>>16856281
uhm... never heard of darnetmarkets. google doesnt help either.. how does that shit work?

dealers are great here man... buy an 8th and get an extra gram or two. plus they'll smoke with you if you're cool and give you shit like blunt wraps, grinders, rollers, etc. free of charge. But piss them off and consider yourself lucky if they simply stop dealing to you.

gf's brother got stabbed because instead of accepting "I got some good shit." he kept saying "BUT IS IT NORTHERN LIGHTS? I ONLY WANT NORTHERN LIGHTS. DO YOU HAVE THAT? CAN YOU GET IT FOR ME?"

was kinda funny desu. shit was pretty annoying.
>>
File: Turtle Bros.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Turtle Bros.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>16856593
Alright yeah, then you'll be good then. Just pack a sweater and a decent jacket just to be on the safe side (or buy one here like you said, but that's a bit riskier as the temperature has been going up and down for the past month. You don't wanna be caught out in 25 degree weather in a t-shirt), and keep everything I said in mind for when the cold starts rolling around October-November. You'll start to feel it getting chillier, so just start adding a layer of clothes as your body feels it necessary. I'm black, and on top of that I have a low tolerance to cold, so I can't totally speak for how cold you'll feel. I know a few weeks ago some of my white friends were just walking around in light hoodies like it was nothing, while I was bundled up with thermals, an undershirt, a warm sweater, a scarf, and a coat with wool lining. Every person's a little different, white people just seem to have been born with positive stats in Frost Resistance.

OH, and a simple life-hack that will save you a universe of trouble one day. When it starts hitting FREEZING weather, like 5-10 degrees and below, keep all your faucets with running water going at a low, steady stream. Especially at night. Otherwise, you run the risk of your pipes freezing over and bursting, causing you all kinds of trouble and possibly untold amounts of damage. IDK if you need to do this in apartments, but better safe than sorry.

Good luck Anon, hope you do well up here, and everything goes your way! Oh, and stay out trouble! :)
>>
>>16856593
Wow I wish I could find a dealer like that lol. It sounds like your gfs brother is pretty annoying lol.

Anyway, dark net markets are basically you download tor. And you have to find a link to a darknet market. You make an account for it. It's kind of like ebay. You have to convert your money to BTC. I use Circle. But ONLY buy from a vendor with a lot of reviews. It's easy to get fucked over on there. /r/darknetmarkets or /r/darknetmarket have a lot of helpful guides through the whole process.

It sounds like you have it pretty easy tho. $15 per gram. Lol I'd love to try some sour diesel. I'm supposed to be getting super sour diesel, which is a variation I think, this week. Pretty excited for that
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.